Sign in to follow this  
davebg

UPDATORED: Oh, it is focking ON!

Again, I would have just restated the rules to her, then, or written a letter and included a copy of those rules. I think that being the bigger person in this situation and not freaking out like you did would have helped you more in the long run than going looney on her and threatening to smear dog poop all over her doors.

Are you a part of the condo association committee or whatever they call those people? Are you a part of the management on the committee? If not, then just a "talking to" would have probably sufficed. That's just my opinion.

Running off and telling the management immediately, and also threatening her is making you look bad. She can turn around and say that she feels that she needs her dog for protection from neighbors like you...ones that make threats to old, single women, etc.

As usual, you assume that you know me and the situation so well, as if you were there. :dunno:

I started things off very nice and neighborly. She was the one who sat there w/a look on her face as if she was saying, "Is that wrong? :banana: " She was the one who, instead of appologizing and telling me it won't happen again, said she'd try to clean up after her dog better...completely ignoring the fact that it is wrong to use the balcony as a poop shack for her pup! :cry:

I don't consider telling her that if it happens again we'd have a big problem on our hands and that her dog's poop would end up on her property to be a threat...I consider it more putting her on notice that her behavoir will not be tolerated.

I informed the management company b/c they are the ones who can issue fines that will quickly add up into the hundreds of dollars per offense.

If I'm her and the fines aren't to heavy, or being enforced by the management, I'd let my dog keep crapping on your patio. And if you had the stones to actually gather up the dog poop and walk it up to my place to smear on the door, I'd set up some sort of hidden camera type thingamabopper and turn it in to the police and have your ass arrested. :ninja: Or not???

IF I've got the stones?

Brutha', I got the stones to drop trou at 3AM and spackle her focking door after a night of beer and wings if this garbage continues.

As usual, you assume that you know me and the situation so well, as if you were there. :(

I started things off very nice and neighborly. She was the one who sat there w/a look on her face as if she was saying, "Is that wrong? :cry: " She was the one who, instead of appologizing and telling me it won't happen again, said she'd try to clean up after her dog better...completely ignoring the fact that it is wrong to use the balcony as a poop shack for her pup! :mad:

I don't consider telling her that if it happens again we'd have a big problem on our hands and that her dog's poop would end up on her property to be a threat...I consider it more putting her on notice that her behavoir will not be tolerated.

I informed the management company b/c they are the ones who can issue fines that will quickly add up into the hundreds of dollars per offense.

IF I've got the stones?

Brutha', I got the stones to drop trou at 3AM and spackle her focking door after a night of beer and wings if this garbage continues.

:dunno:

I agree with davebg. I'd do everything but the flinging the poo at her door, and I'd only not do that cause she could always tell the management office / police that it is YOUR poo, not the dog's. But yeah, after 2 instances, and then a verbal confrontation that got absolutly nowhere, I'd report her too.

I mean, let's face it, the management office will just give her a warning for this, and that the very next time it happens it'll be a $50 or $100 fine, or whatever. So those who think that you should wait till the next time it happens before she gets fined will be happy to know that that is exactly what will happen.

And by her non-chilant attitude towards her dog crapping on your balcony, I'd have taken it to management as well. Hell, I'd take it a step further.... The next time this happens (cause believe me, it'll happen again, especially seeing she had no remorse for it the first 2 times), I'd get a friend or someone either you or the mrs knows who is in some sort of janitorial, maid, cleaners etc... service, and the next time this happens, clean it up, but have them write you a receipt for like $500 for professional cleanup, and submit a copy of that to the management office, and then give her the bill and tell her that she needs to pay it, and that she will have similar bills to pay for each time the dog soils your property. Hell, you could even throw in there some hazardous cleanings, cause you want to make sure that the poop isn't hazardous to your or your wife.. .that should up the phony bill up over $1000... thus solving the problem really focking fast.

Keep us updated!

The next time will have been the THIRD time her dog would have literally dropped a bomb from her balcony onto my fenced-in patio. I have already reported her to the management office. Short of trying to embarrass her sorry ass out of the building by posting stuff about her in the elevator and other common areas, what would you recommend?

It was pretty clear from my conversation w/her that she didn't really think she had done anything wrong and didn't plan to change how she handles the dog.

I paid a lot for my place. It's worth even more. I'm not about to let some scumbag move in and roon it for me and everyone else.

What would we recommend? Well, first you might have tried being nice to her. Then, it might have been effective to ask her to stop letting it happen. Instead of "telling her" that the balcony is not a dog run or "telling her" that it had "better not happen again" you could have just asked her to make sure it doesn't happen again. Maybe you were nice, but you didn't convey it that way in your original posting about this. So, I doubt you were nice.

Or, you could be a man about it and simply deal with such a minor problem by picking up and disposing of the poop. I dunno. Seems like a minor things to deal with since it happens so infrequently. You said twice in the last few weeks.

Really, is it such an awful thing that you have to raise hell about it with someone. You can't manage to live your life without ranting at another person about the HORROR of having some poop on your patio? OH, the sheer horror that POOP is on the patio. Its an utter travesty of justice, huh?

Aren't you the same guy who claimed to have assaulted the crack ho who bumped into you when you were getting off the subway? Yeah, that was you. You were so indignant that she didn't get out of your way!

Just like with your crack ho on the subway story, I think this condo story is a BS total lie. If not, I think you are a pitiful and petty person who should look into counseling to become less egotistical and self-absorbed.

First off, the point is that I shouldn't have to give her time to correct the problem b/c there shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. Your fifth floor balcony is NOT a toilet for your dog. End of discussion. We are a very pet friendly development (we even have our own dog run on the property) and the rules regarding where it is and is not appropiate for your dog to do its business are clearly outlined in the by-laws. That she would even consider this to be an option is :lol:

Second, yes, Mrs. DaveBG and I both make good money. That's why we can afford to live in a place that would sell on the open market for around $675-725k. New development in our area runs anywhere from $600-900K+ for a one bedroom starter condo. Sorry if we went the responsible route and actually purchased a home we could afford, rather than over-extending ourselves like so many of our fellow Americans. :thumbsup:

"There shouldn't have been a problem" in the first place? Get a clue. The fact is there WAS a problem. You don't solve a problem by threatening the THROW POOP at the homes of WOMEN who are elderly.

"Oh, I shouldn't have to resolve a problem because there shouldn't have BEEN a problem." Yeah, well the WTC shouldn't need to be rebuilt, but it DOES need to be rebuilt you doofus.

Also, it is a tip that a condo is nothing more than an apartment where the office will only fix *some* of the problems.

What would we recommend? Well, first you might have tried being nice to her. Then, it might have been effective to ask her to stop letting it happen. Instead of "telling her" that the balcony is not a dog run or "telling her" that it had "better not happen again" you could have just asked her to make sure it doesn't happen again. Maybe you were nice, but you didn't convey it that way in your original posting about this. So, I doubt you were nice.

As I stated earlier, I started out really nice and neighborly. It was her reaction to me coming to her w/this problem that got me riled up and made me realize that, yes, I DID have to TELL HER how it is and how it will be.

Or, you could be a man about it and simply deal with such a minor problem by picking up and disposing of the poop. I dunno. Seems like a minor things to deal with since it happens so infrequently. You said twice in the last few weeks.

Really, is it such an awful thing that you have to raise hell about it with someone. You can't manage to live your life without ranting at another person about the HORROR of having some poop on your patio? OH, the sheer horror that POOP is on the patio. Its an utter travesty of justice, huh?

Why should I have to deal w/someone else's dog sh|t endeing up on my fenced-in property? If I wanted to clean up dog sh|t, guess what? I'd have a focking dog of my own!

Why should I have to tolerate such a complete and utter lack of consideration on the part of my neighbor?

Furthermore, why should I or anyone else who lives there put up w/her allowing her dog to make a mess of the place b/c she's too focking lazy to walk the dog herself or was too stoopid to consider the needs of her infirmed dog when she moved?

It's not as if a dog made it's way onto my lawn and left a doodie bomb. This is a situation where we literally have DOG SH|T falling from two floors up.

You don't solve a problem by threatening the THROW POOP at the homes of WOMEN who are elderly.

She's not elderly...prolly in her 50's. If you bothered to read the posts in this thread you'd already know that.

"Oh, I shouldn't have to resolve a problem because there shouldn't have BEEN a problem." Yeah, well the WTC shouldn't need to be rebuilt, but it DOES need to be rebuilt you doofus.

WTF are you talking about? This may be one of the dumbest responses EVAH posted here. :thumbsup:

Also, it is a tip that a condo is nothing more than an apartment where the office will only fix *some* of the problems.

All the more reason for me to not rely on the management office to get her to stop.

As I stated earlier, I started out really nice and neighborly. It was her reaction to me coming to her w/this problem that got me riled up and made me realize that, yes, I DID have to TELL HER how it is and how it will be.

Why should I have to deal w/someone else's dog sh|t endeing up on my fenced-in property? If I wanted to clean up dog sh|t, guess what? I'd have a focking dog of my own!

Why should I have to tolerate such a complete and utter lack of consideration on the part of my neighbor?

Furthermore, why should I or anyone else who lives there put up w/her allowing her dog to make a mess of the place b/c she's too focking lazy to walk the dog herself or was too stoopid to consider the needs of her infirmed dog when she moved?

You sound like a baby. "Why should i have to..." waaaaahhh~ You treat people the way you want to be treated, man. Grow up. It doesn't take a man to threaten to throw poop at a woman's front door. Any dipsht teenaged punk can do that.

You went up there, you got the chance to voice your complaint with her. If the problem continues but doesn't worsen, then you have a really small problem on your hands. Life isn't a competition. You approach this situation like you feel challenged to do something worse to her than she has done to you. I posit that you've already done something worse by making your threat.

The real bottom line, though, is that you need to be a bigger man and accept that a turd falling on your beloved pation every so often isn't the end of the world OR EVEN WORTH COMPLAINING OVER. And lose your tiit-for-tat mentality and just try treating everyone nicely.

Much of what you post on here is vile. I challenge you to see if you can make it through an entire week being exceedingly nice and considerate to EVERYONE you encounter. I guarantee you won't want to go back to being a selfish, juvenile, egotistical jerk. Please try it.

You treat people the way you want to be treated, man.

Well, I'd like to be treated in such a way that I don't have foreign sh|t falling from the heavens onto my property. Maybe you'd be free to give her this same advice.

If the problem continues but doesn't worsen, then you have a really small problem on your hands.

The real bottom line, though, is that you need to be a bigger man and accept that a turd falling on your beloved pation every so often isn't the end of the world OR EVEN WORTH COMPLAINING OVER.

Well, I disagree. I take the value of my property very seriously. I think that I should be able to enjoy my property w/out having to clean up after her dog's mess. I think that I should be able to grill on my deck w/out worrying that her dog's p|ss is going to start trickling down on my BBQ.

Much of what you post on here is vile. I challenge you to see if you can make it through an entire week being exceedingly nice and considerate to EVERYONE you encounter. I guarantee you won't want to go back to being a selfish, juvenile, egotistical jerk. Please try it.

If you think I'm such a vile person, then feel free to change your settings to ignore me. In fact, please do.

I just don't understand why everyone is giving him a hard time. I wouldn't smear poop on her door, but that is focking nasty. I wouldn't want to live with that.

This is an upscale, gated community w/very good property values. I'm not about to let some lazy b|tch roon it.

As I said before, with you and her in the same condo development, I find this hard to believe. And if it is true today, it will not be true soon if you two keep it up.

You stated in the original post you live on the ground floor:

I live in a pretty nice condo development in northern NJ right on the Hudson. My place has a balcony (in my case a deck, as I'm on the "ground" floor) like everyone, but I also have a large stone patio that extends off of it.

I told her that a balcony is NOT a dog run, nor is it an appropriate place for her dog to use as a toilet. If the dog is so infirmed that it can't make the elevator ride down a few floors, then maybe she should have moved into a place w/a backyard, not a fifth floor condo.

Assuming "ground floor" means floor 1, you have dog poop falling from the 5th floor to your ground floor unit. Heck of a mess. My condolences.

But then, several posts later:

It's not as if a dog made it's way onto my lawn and left a doodie bomb. This is a situation where we literally have DOG SH|T falling from two floors up.

Hmm. 1 + 2 = 3, last time I checked.

A number of intriguing questions come to mind:

Does this woman have 2 apartments?

Is the dog teleporting to the 3rd floor balcony before cutting loose with the poop bomb?

Does the dog have such power in his anus muscles he can eject poop with enough force to overshoot your deck and make it to the stone patio?

Or... does the woman pick up the dog mess, puts it in a paper bag, knocks on your 3rd floor neighbors' door for a chat, casually walks out to the neighbor's balcony and, while chatting, opens the bag to dispose of the evidence?

:P

Why stop there? Why don't you ram her whole doorknob right up your poop chute and knock on her door with your heel. :P

You stated in the original post you live on the ground floor:

Assuming "ground floor" means floor 1, you have dog poop falling from the 5th floor to your ground floor unit. Heck of a mess. My condolences.

But then, several posts later:

Hmm. 1 + 2 = 3, last time I checked.

A number of intriguing questions come to mind:

Does this woman have 2 apartments?

Is the dog teleporting to the 3rd floor balcony before cutting loose with the poop bomb?

Does the dog have such power in his anus muscles he can eject poop with enough force to overshoot your deck and make it to the stone patio?

Or... does the woman pick up the dog mess, puts it in a paper bag, knocks on your 3rd floor neighbors' door for a chat, casually walks out to the neighbor's balcony and, while chatting, opens the bag to dispose of the evidence?

:dunno:

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone would pick that up.

Technically, I live on the 3rd floor. There is no 2nd floor and no 1st floor units below me.

The development is shaped like a "U". In the center is a parking garage. My unit faces in and so we are on the 3rd floor, but also the top of the parking deck. As such, we are like the ground floor, as we have a stone patio in addition to the balconies that everyone above us has and one of the entrances to the building is on the same level.

So, yes, "ground floor" usually means floor 1, but not in this case.

Why stop there? Why don't you ram her whole doorknob right up your poop chute and knock on her door with your heel. :headbanger:

Hmmm...I wonder if Edjr takes special requests. :P

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone would pick that up.

Technically, I live on the 3rd floor. There is no 2nd floor and no 1st floor units below me.

The development is shaped like a "U". In the center is a parking garage. My unit faces in and so we are on the 3rd floor, but also the top of the parking deck. As such, we are like the ground floor, as we have a stone patio in addition to the balconies that everyone above us has.

So, yes, "ground floor" usually means floor 1, but not in this case.

I didn't read the entire thread. Is the stone patio accessible by the public, meaning can someone walk onto it other than from your unit? Maybe it's a conspiracy to drive you nuts or to drive property values down so they can afford to buy into the place.

As to the question at hand, if I were you I'd just shoot the dog. Problem solved. :headbanger:

I didn't read the entire thread. Is the stone patio accessible by the public, meaning can someone walk onto it other than from your unit? Maybe it's a conspiracy to drive you nuts or to drive property values down so they can afford to buy into the place.

As the the question at hand, if I were you I'd just shoot the dog. Problem solved. :headbanger:

Fenced-in patio, so it's not as if someone was walking their dog and it pooped on my patio. It would have required someone to go out of their way to pick up the poop and throw it over the fence if it wasn't dropping from this lady's balcony.

Fenced-in patio, so it's not as if someone was walking their dog and it pooped on my patio. It would have required someone to go out of their way to pick up the poop and throw it over the fence if it wasn't dropping from this lady's balcony.

re-read my post, and you'll find the proper revenge!

That sucks. I still vote for shooting the dog.

You could always focus on the fact that when the lady drops dead of a heart attack in her condo, her dog will have chewn off most of her dead face by the time the body is discovered.

I may be a stoned sick fock but this actually made me laugh so hard I cried. Thanks phillybear.

davebg, phuck all these haters. In what world do you give a person a third chance to literally rain sh!t and pisss on your head and property? And apparently a nice property at that. You did the right thing. Has this dumb b1tch ever heard of gravity? What the phuck did she think was gonna happen when a dog blows azz on the third floor balcony? If somebody mistakenly takes your parking spot, you give them a warning, if their dog is raining sh!t on your property you return the evidence in a plastic bag and tell her if it happens again it will be video taped with one copy sent to the management office and another copy for your small claims court lawsuit. Personally, i think you took it easy on her. Serious fockin morons in this world.

Can't believe that no one has picked up on this. The dog did not sh!t on your patio. Dogs do not hang their ass's off a deck just to watch their turds fall and splatter. She must have picked them up off the deck and thrown them on your patio. Which makes this situation even worse.

Also, can't believe your upstairs neighbors don't have a yellow snow infestation. You should ask them.

Do not do anything to her or her property directly. This makes you no better than her and gives her grounds to call police and/or sue you. Contact Management and if that does solve it, call the police, heath dept or both.

You were totally justified in reporting her and her poop tossing behavior.

Place a large flower pot / tomato plant at the falling poop impact zone. The old bag gets to live in filth, and you get free fertilizer, everybody wins! :huh:

This deserves repeat credit.... :banana:

PS - Poop thread! :banana:

If it happens again, gather up the poop in a paper bag and go up to the lady's front door. When she answers, dump the contents of the bag out and say something like "I believe this belongs to you" and then just turn around and leave. Repeat as often as necessary. :doublethumbsup:

You drop the bomb on me......baby. You drop the bomb on me! :rolleyes: Hey look at it this way, at least the bomb is landing on the patio and not you standing on the patio! :wall:

So, a little update. This is what she posted on the community message board on Fri night:

I would like to respond to Mr. DaveBG’s vicious attack on the internet. He came to my home on Thursday evening to complain about my dog’s droppings on his patio. We had a calm conversation where I explained that she is an old dog who doesn’t always make it out of the building without an accident. I let her out on my patio in between walks and at night. This is a safety issue, not laziness. I also apologized over and over again, since I was unaware that droppings had blown off the patio before I could clean it. I am not the kind of person that would do what he is stating. For some reason he decided to post a complaint to management on the website, which he has every right to do. However, he doesn’t have the right to slander people he doesn’t even know, make up lies about them and have them become terribly upset that people are spreading vicious stories about them. I found out about the E-mail from Bill in Management. I was surprised that a letter had been posted the morning after Mr. DaveBG and I had had a conversation about the incident which I thought was taken care of. I went on the net to view the letter and was horrified by its content. I was very upset that, while I am trying very hard to meet new people and make new friends I actually have a neighbor who would sabotage all my efforts. This site was created for residents to file complaints about issues that arise in the buildings, not to be a sounding board for neighbors to attack the very people that they must live with. Complaints should consist of the time and the facts and should not be filled with name calling and slanderous remarks that create hard feelings among residents.

Of course, I just HAD to respond this morning:

I am sorry that you feel slandered by my postings.

The simple fact of the matter is that you let your large dog out on your fifth floor balcony to pace back and forth and do its business as if it were a dog run. A fifth floor balcony is NOT an appropriate place for this practice, irrespective of your reasons for doing it.

It is dirty, digusting and completely lacking in consideration for those neighbors who live below you. It should never have even been a consideration, let alone happen on numerous occasions.

IH is a very pet friendly community. We have many dogs who live here. We have our own dog run. All that we ask is that the residents of IH have their animals do their business in an appropriate manner so that it does not infringe upon the living experience of your neighbors.

IMO having dog excrement fall from a fifth floor balcony onto my feced-in property does not meet that criteria in any way, shape or form.

I truly hope that this is the end of it and that it doesn't happen again, as I found the entire experience to be pretty vile.

ETA: I just got a visit from one of the Board members. He wanted to take a look to see the area outside where I've been having a problem and acknowledged that, yes, unless someone was actually picking up dog poop and flinging it over my fence, it was likely coming from my upstairs neighbor. He also came to ask me to modify my original post to exclude reference to a specific owner or unit, as that might get the posting deleted from the thread. When I showed him her repsonse w/my name in it and then my repy he said nevermind about that.

He also said that while as an official member of the Board he has to tell me that I shouldn't call out a specific resident or unit on the message board, privately he was very glad that I posted what I did, as he finds her actions to be as revolting as I do.

The simple fact of the matter is that you let your large dog out on your fifth floor balcony to pace back and forth and do its business as if it were a dog run. A fifth floor balcony is NOT an appropriate place for this practice, irrespective of your reasons for doing it.

It is dirty, digusting and completely lacking in consideration for those neighbors who live below you. It should never have even been a consideration, let alone happen on numerous occasions.

IH is a very pet friendly community. We have many dogs who live here. We have our own dog run. All that we ask is that the residents of IH have their animals do their business in an appropriate manner so that it does not infringe upon the living experience of your neighbors.

IMO having dog excrement fall from a fifth floor balcony onto my feced-in property does not meet that criteria in any way, shape or form.

I truly hope that this is the end of it and that it doesn't happen again, as I found the entire experience to be pretty vile.

Feced-in?

Like feces? :first:

As usual, I don't really have any advice, but I find it funny as fock that dogshit is raining down on you. :dunno:

Feced-in?

Like feces? :dunno:

Now THAT is funny. :dunno:

Totally by accident.

Good catch.

This is an upscale, gated community

OH NO! SOME OLD LADY INFILTRATED DAVEBG'S PRECIOUS GATED COMMUNITY! HE PAID HANDSOMELY TO INSULATE HIMSELF FROM THE COMMON RIF-RAF OF LIFE! WHAT A TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE IMPOSITION! :cry:

The development is shaped like a "U". In the center is a parking garage. My unit faces in and so we are on the 3rd floor, but also the top of the parking deck. As such, we are like the ground floor, as we have a stone patio in addition to the balconies that everyone above us has and one of the entrances to the building is on the same level.

That sounds like a $hitty place. You have a patio on top of a *&$%ing parking garage? Yeah, you've done real well for yourself, buddy. :rolleyes:

"I was unaware that droppings had blown off the patio before I could clean it."

Had any good huricanes up there lately? As I mentioned above and what you should have noted to the Board member that wind blowing a big steamy doggie fudgy off her balcony is rediculous. She's flinging poo at you. :rolleyes:

[/code]But I donno, maybe you deserve it.

No chance you can fling the poo back up to her balcony from ground level, maybe some type of wrist-rocket or catapult? :rolleyes:

I like how he thinks that he's going to make her move and she just won't get rid of the dog.

Guest Davaco

No chance you can fling the poo back up to her balcony from ground level, maybe some type of wrist-rocket or catapult? :banana:

or a fishing pole, like that seinfeld episode where george is trying to get the marble rye upstairs :banana: