Sign in to follow this  
football_scooter

*official* Album Draft Playoff Bracket #3

Well?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which team would you like to see eliminated?

• Team #3
    • Team #7
    • Team #11

Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst! Vote for the worst!

Just sayin' :doh:

This draft concept is simple: you're on a desert island, and have 15 CDs to last you the rest of your days.

team #3

1.3 Metallica - Master of Puppets

2.10 Def Leppard - Hysteria

3.3 Dr Dre - The Chronic

4.10 Eagles - Hotel California

5.3 Garth Brooks - Ropin' The Wind

6.10 Ludwig van Beethoven's - Symphony No. 5 in C Minor (Op. 67)

7.3 Bob Dylon - Blonde On Blonde

8.10 Green Jellö - Cereal killer

9.3 Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley

10.10 Adam Sandler - What the Hell Happened To Me

11.3 Santana - Abraxas

12.10 Chicago - 17

13.3 The Police - Synchronicity

14.10 Korn - Follow The Leader

15.3 The Mamas and Papas - If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears

team 7

1.7 Led Zepplin IV

2.6 Bruce Springstein - Born in the USA

3.7 Garth Brooks..No Fences

4.6 Boston - From Boston

5.7 The Beatles - Abbey Road

6.6 The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street

7.7 Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

8.6 Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz

9.7 Kid Rock - Devil without a Cause

10.6 HI INFIDELITY - REO Speedwagon

11.7 Matchbox 20 - YOURSELF OR SOMEONE LIKE YOU

12.6 Jimi Hendrex - Electric Ladyland

13.7 Santana - SUPERNATURAL

14.6 Eric Clapton - Eric Clapton

15.7 Kenny Chesney - No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems

team 11

1.11 The Clash - London Calling

2.2 Black Sabbath - Paranoid

3.11 Nirvana - Nevermind

4.2 Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

5.11 The Cure - Disintegration

6.2 Soundgarden - Superunknown

7.11 Faith No More - Angel Dust

8.2 Ministry - Psalm 69

9.11 Weezer- Weezer

10.2 Soul Asylum - Grave Dancer's Union

11.11 Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

12.2 Radiohead - The Bends

13.11 Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

14.2 Toadies - Rubberneck

15.11 Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape

Remember to VOTE FOR THE TEAM TO BE ELIMINATED!!!

Voting will end on Sundat at noon EST

Good luck to all of our contenstants...please do not "out" anyone - it's suppossed to be anonymous to preserve the integrity of the outcome. :dunno:

Team 11 is clearly the best in this group. I wanted to vote out team 3 due to the Beethoven and Garth Brooks, but I couldn't do it, as he also had Master of Puppets and The Chronic. Team 7 had no such saving grace, and he had a Garth Brooks album.

Sorry team 7. :doh:

#11 should win by default due to the others having Garth Brooks.

Says the first one eliminated. 

Also, voting for the worst is stupid. For example:

say we had the following worst votes:

Team A 10

Team B 15

Team C 10

Team B gets eliminated even though it is possible that 20/35 people thought it was the best. :doh:

I don't like #3 or #7. Tough choice.

I think #11 is a contender to go all the way. :doh:

Team A 10

Team B 15

Team C 10

Team B gets eliminated even though it is possible that 20/35 people thought it was the best. :dunno:

I suppose it's to reduce from 12 to 8 teams. Then have the final eight go to 4 head to head matchups. With 12 teams, you would only get down to 6. You have to get the teams to a managable number.

I don't like #3 or #7. Tough choice.

I think #11 is a contender to go all the way. :doh:

I suppose it's to reduce from 12 to 8 teams. Then have the final eight go to 4 head to head matchups. With 12 teams, you would only get down to 6. You have to get the teams to a managable number.

You could still just vote for the best here.

With this system, you could get pretty far picking mediocre albums. Just don't pick something people really hate.

The Cure, Marilyn Manson, Stormtroopers of Death, plenty of people are going to love or hate them.

exactly.

all tied up between 3 & 7 right now folks...gonna be a close one...

since they're both so sucky?

:headbanger:

I think this voting is totally focked up and we are all gonna be stuck on an island for real with the suckiest album in all of suxhistory....this will be our collective hell...and it will be televised.

:mad: :banana: :banana:

all tied up again at 5.....gonna be a real suck-off here folks, and not in a good way!

:banana:

all I know is that if I had 15 albums on a deserted island to last me forever, I'd want variety.... just sayin. :banana:

eventually, you'll want something different, ya know?

ba-dump-a-bump.

all I know is that if I had 15 albums on a deserted island to last me forever, I'd want variety.... just sayin. :banana:

eventually, you'll want something different, ya know?

acreed. but the whole draft was kind of focked.

#11 should win by default due to the others having Garth Brooks.

Says the first one eliminated. 

Team A 10

Team B 15

Team C 10

Team B gets eliminated even though it is possible that 20/35 people thought it was the best. :(

I'm with Frank on this. Maybe there should have been more thought on the bracketts and how the voting will go. Frank should not have lost that first brackett cause many admitted they voted wrong. This thing is completly rooned already. :(

I'm with Frank on this. Maybe there should have been more thought on the bracketts and how the voting will go. Frank should not have lost that first brackett cause many admitted they voted wrong. This thing is completly rooned already. :thumbsup:

The initial voting is fine. I like Frank, but he's being a whiner here. Just being frank with you. Uh, without the whining. lol

Fact is that several of those who said that they voted wrong voted for different teams. So it didn't matter. And there were an equal number of people who voted wrong - they didn't all "want to vote for Frank" and accidentally voted him off. All told there were maybe 3 incorrect votes and Frank lost by a wider margin than that. So this, "Frank wouldn't have been eliminated" is bullshiat.

Nothing's rooned, and no, we are not going to have a do-over. Sorry. Better luck next time Frank.

As for this one, it's a close race all the way through, and voting for the worst is fine. I thought it should be a series of head's up battles, but I didn't originate this draft or decide on the voting process. But as it stands, I think it's fine - it's narrowing the field down, and yes - there might be a team that 20 people like that gets voted off...wah. The converse of that also holds true though....there might be a team that received 15 votes against, but still advances because another team gets more. Thus it's perfectly fair.

The initial voting is fine. I like Frank, but he's being a whiner here. Just being frank with you. Uh, without the whining. lol

Fact is that several of those who said that they voted wrong voted for different teams. So it didn't matter. And there were an equal number of people who voted wrong - they didn't all "want to vote for Frank" and accidentally voted him off. All told there were maybe 3 incorrect votes and Frank lost by a wider margin than that. So this, "Frank wouldn't have been eliminated" is bullshiat.

Nothing's rooned, and no, we are not going to have a do-over. Sorry. Better luck next time Frank.

As for this one, it's a close race all the way through, and voting for the worst is fine. I thought it should be a series of head's up battles, but I didn't originate this draft or decide on the voting process. But as it stands, I think it's fine - it's narrowing the field down, and yes - there might be a team that 20 people like that gets voted off...wah. The converse of that also holds true though....there might be a team that received 15 votes against, but still advances because another team gets more. Thus it's perfectly fair.

If that helps you sleep at night, fine. I read the first backett thread and it obvious this thing got rooned in the very first voting brackett. Frank does not like me at all. He actully hates me. I just call them like I see them. I have not seem wher frank said anything about it yet. All I know is I watched this thing close for some time now(during the draft) and.........

.........This thing is completly rooned. :headbanger:

I'm not whining. I don't really care. I just think it could have been organized differently. I guess it just sounds that way since I lost.

I'm not saying I shouldn't have been eliminated, but someone could get wrongly eliminated later on.

Oh, while I don't exactly hate gocolts, I do disagree with just about everything he says and have called him various names recently.

:headbanger:

ok, asked and answered. Many think it's just fine. move along if you don't like it. :D

cool :D

I'm not whining. I don't really care. I just think it could have been organized differently. I guess it just sounds that way since I lost.

I'm not saying I shouldn't have been eliminated, but someone could get wrongly eliminated later on.

Oh, while I don't exactly hate gocolts, I do disagree with just about everything he says and have called him various names recently.

oh, I know...was just busting balls a bit....I'm actually more than a little concerned because as discussed during the draft, while equally eclectic, we have similar musical tastes. :headbanger:

Hopefully all those picks you swiped out from under me during the draft were the ones that got you voted off.

:D

lol

Also, Powerslave is much better the The Number of the Beast. I didn't think as many people would recognize it.

Alos, I regret not drafting Sharkdance.

I'm about to join ya frank :thumbsup: at least kutulu will join us tomorrow :o

Well, the way the voting is going in opposite world, I just may make it to the next round...come to think of it, that may explain my recent :first: in the other popularity contest.

:P :banana:

Pumpkins- Siamese Dream to this day is my favorite all time album.

Agree. New Pumpkins album is coming out soon. :banana:

Agree. New Pumpkins album is coming out soon. :banana:

Hopefully, they didn't change at all. :(

Pumpkins 'reunion' to have only two of the original band

Wouldn't Corgan and Chamberlin seem more like a reincarnation of Zwan?

April 10, 2007

BY JIM DeROGATIS POP MUSIC CRITIC

Although the Smashing Pumpkins still haven't made an official announcement -- making this the longest period ever without guitarist-vocalist Billy Corgan shooting his mouth off -- it seems as if the lineup for the much-vaunted reunion of Chicago's alternative-rock superstars will involve only one of the other original members, drummer Jimmy Chamberlin.

Second guitarist James Iha finally broke his own long silence last week when he told RollingStone.com that he isn't involved in recording the new album "Zeitgeist," which is set for release on Reprise Records on July 7, and he won't be playing as part of the reunion tour, which starts in Paris on May 22.

"I haven't spoken to Billy in years," Iha said, indicating that the full-page newspaper ad that Corgan placed two years ago to solicit a reunion didn't prompt the wayward guitarist to phone his old bandmate. "I'm writing for a solo record, which I'm going to record this year, and working on my indie label, Scratchie Records."

Original bassist D'Arcy Wretzky doesn't seem to be involved, either. Although the band's publicist did not respond to requests for comment Monday, several Internet music news sites are reporting that the Pumpkins are now completed by bassist Ginger Reyes, formerly of the California all-girl pop-punk band Halo Friendlies, and guitarist Jeff Schroeder, formerly of a little-known Southern California noise-pop band called the Lassie Foundation.

The move doesn't really surprise longtime Corgan-watchers, given his notoriously difficult relationships with Wretzky and Iha, though some fans may wonder what makes this more of a Pumpkins reunion than a reincarnation of Zwan, since Chamberlin also played with Corgan in that short-lived post-Pumpkins group. The most revealing comment came from Pumpkins manager Paul Geary, who spoke to MTV.com several weeks ago.

"I've been involved with bands whose members can't stand each other, and over time they run out of dough and that's why they [reunite]," Geary said. "But Billy's making a great record, and for the sake of a younger generation that he wants to turn on to the band's music, he is doing it with a band that will more faithfully re-create the old songs than ever before."

In other words: Meet the new "Smashing Pumpkins," same as the other reunited nostalgia acts such as the Police, Genesis, the Stooges, etc., etc.

I"m getting my arse kicked.

guess nobody likes beethoven :pointstosky:

Ya but look on the brightside.....they still call you Big Pete for a reason

i'd vote for #7 to lose...

kid rock-devil without acause has a huge reason to do with this... i mean we are talking "best ablums of all time"...

there are many others on their list... abbey road saves it alot ...

but like everyone else said 11 was safe and it was between the other 2 ... devil without a cuase was up there

oh... and kenny chesney????!

to follow the country theme

"what was i thining?"

and no one picked "alive" by peter frampton... i think i could put a contender together with the leftovers...

a lot of good albums brushed aside..

peter frampton, joe walsh, warren zevon (see sig) granted not cream of the crop... but kenny chesney or the bands i mentioned...

sorry #7

(why kenny chesney and not like charley daniels)

I really wanted to oust 3 & 7 for the Barf Brooks choices but they both made up for it with other choices, so I chose 11 only because I don't listen to most of those and the inclusion of The Cure :blech:

and no one picked "alive" by peter frampton... i think i could put a contender together with the leftovers...

No live albums allowed :(

I tried with "Exit Stage Left" from Rush :thumbsup:

bump so I can lose worse than I am now. :thumbsup:

yeah, despite the fact that you've now "outted" yourself twice in this anonymous contest, in a somewhat pathetic, desperate call for help.

sad man, just sad. I thought you were better than that. :(

or not

yeah, despite the fact that you've now "outted" yourself twice in this anonymous contest, in a somewhat pathetic, desperate call for help.

sad man, just sad. I thought you were better than that. :(

or not

not begging for votes. It was comical cause I was losing so bad, that I wanted all my haters to vote me off and see how badly I could lose.... <_<

not begging for votes. It was comical cause I was losing so bad, that I wanted all my haters to vote me off and see how badly I could lose.... <_<

It sure is a shame that "Master" got sacrificed like that. :(

agreed. Especially when it could have been on a winning roster like mine. :ninja:

Perhaps, but that is overlooking the fact that the whole draft order was rigged so that I wouldn't get MOP.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I am going down in a huge ball of flames

Perhaps, but that is overlooking the fact that the whole draft order was rigged so that I wouldn't get MOP.

:) :mad: :mad:

I am going down in a huge ball of flames

The unfathomable thing is that team 11 has 9 votes against...that was fast. :dunno: