Sign in to follow this  
Timinator

Packer's Potential Trade Craze

The chances for this are slim and none and Slim is about ready to slip out the side door. Thompson has a history of building through the draft.

However, maybe they do want Brett to go out with a bang. Maybe Wolf's wheeler-dealer mentality rises up out of Ted's past.

"So, you're sayin' there's chance!"

How do you feel if GB turns out the lights tomorrow with LJ, Moss and a shiny new safety from round 2?? It would probably be the most expensive bottle of champagne I ever bought!

This thought actually occured to me this morning, but I don't see it as being very realistic. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't see TT doing it.

the chiefs are going to have to see an offer that;'s just too sweet to pass up for lj. I'm not sure a 1st & 3rd is gonna get it done :thumbsup:

the chiefs are going to have to see an offer that;'s just too sweet to pass up for lj. I'm not sure a 1st & 3rd is gonna get it done :cheers:

I've heard he's going to be a free agent after 2007, and his contract prohibits the use of the franchise tag on him. If that's the case and he's hell bent on not playing for KC, I would think it would be wise to try to get something for him now. :dunno:

I've heard he's going to be a free agent after 2007, and his contract prohibits the use of the franchise tag on him. If that's the case and he's hell bent on not playing for KC, I would think it would be wise to try to get something for him now. :cheers:

Add to that the fact that LJ has said he want's a bigger contract w/ more guaranteed money that Tomlinson got and the Chiefs need to get younger across the board and this makes for an interesting scenario. Favre would suddenly have a lot of weapons at his disposal with a trio like LJ, Moss and Driver. If I'm GB and want my HOF'er to give it one more ride, that's pretty enticing.

It's one thing if the Packers front office feels they can get some good years out of these players if a trade somehow happened, but to do it for 1 last hurrah for Favre? HELL NO!

It's one thing if the Packers front office feels they can get some good years out of these players if a trade somehow happened, but to do it for 1 last hurrah for Favre? HELL NO!

exactly.

regardless of the fact that it would be a huge financial burden to bring both of those guys in, the fact that the team itself would basically be in turmoil again in 2008 is a clear reason why this won't happen.

They may bring in one of the two, but i'd be more inclined to believe they'd bring in Turner and/or Braylon Edwards (who CLE has been shopping, but i think they want to use him to swap places w/ OAK tomorrow - which means Moss really would be expendable).

I love the speculation and dramma!! (Rhymes w/ gamma thanks to Bugs Bunny).

I also love that the Packers are rumor fodder. There's smoke so there must be at least a little fire brewing there at 1265 Lombardi.

Hope springs eternal on Draft Eve.

I still think that GB picks up Moss this weekend, it will make me sick and happy at the same time.

I would love to see GB pick up Moss this weekend for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. The LJ deal is not happening, maybe a deal for Turner could still be possible though.

POSTED 5:50 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007

MOSS DEAL DONE?

There's talk in league circles that the Raiders have a deal in place to trade Randy Moss.

However, we don't know yet where he's headed. Or what the Raiders will get in return.

The most likely destination is Green Bay, since Moss has been linked to the Packers for much of the offseason. We've heard on multiple occasions that quarterback Brett Favre is certain that Moss will join the team, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen has mentioned repeatedly that Favre is pushing for the trade.

We heard earlier today that the Raiders were shopping Moss for a second-round pick, and we heard on Thursday that the Packers had offered a fourth-round pick.

Our guess? Moss to Green Bay for a third-rounder.

Link

POSTED 5:50 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007

MOSS DEAL DONE?

There's talk in league circles that the Raiders have a deal in place to trade Randy Moss.

However, we don't know yet where he's headed. Or what the Raiders will get in return.

The most likely destination is Green Bay, since Moss has been linked to the Packers for much of the offseason. We've heard on multiple occasions that quarterback Brett Favre is certain that Moss will join the team, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen has mentioned repeatedly that Favre is pushing for the trade.

We heard earlier today that the Raiders were shopping Moss for a second-round pick, and we heard on Thursday that the Packers had offered a fourth-round pick.

Our guess? Moss to Green Bay for a third-rounder.

Link

:thumbsup:

The LJ deal was a rumor and that's all. It sounded good, but it is 100% not going to happen. As far as Turner. I have seen as much as a 1st this year and a 2nd next year. What exactly has he done to warrant a 1st round pick. No way the PACK deals for him. It is the exact opposite of Thompson's thinking. Now, the Moss deal sounds like it could happen. I like the deal. I would give up a 3rd at the most, which is what Oakland probably wants. But now I am hearing a 4th. A 4th for Moss in my mind is a steal. Favre will get him the ball just like he had it in MinneCHOAKta. If they get Lynch to boot at 16 and TE in the 2nd or 3rd. This offense just went from struggling to put points up, to potent.

The LJ deal was a rumor and that's all. It sounded good, but it is 100% not going to happen. As far as Turner. I have seen as much as a 1st this year and a 2nd next year. What exactly has he done to warrant a 1st round pick. No way the PACK deals for him. It is the exact opposite of Thompson's thinking. Now, the Moss deal sounds like it could happen. I like the deal. I would give up a 3rd at the most, which is what Oakland probably wants. But now I am hearing a 4th. A 4th for Moss in my mind is a steal. Favre will get him the ball just like he had it in MinneCHOAKta. If they get Lynch to boot at 16 and TE in the 2nd or 3rd. This offense just went from struggling to put points up, to potent.

The Packers hang up with Turner was never the picks from what I heard...it was the salary he was requesting.

What has he done to warrant a first round pick? More in the NFL than Marshawn Lynch has done.

I would love to see GB pick up Moss this weekend for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. The LJ deal is not happening, maybe a deal for Turner could still be possible though.

A second would be a total Fock up! :ninja: A third is bad enough :ninja: . He would destroy the season for the Packers and taint Favre's legacy, as Favre won't put up with his $h!t, and will likely say something he'll regret :pointstosky:

A second would be a total Fock up! :ninja: A third is bad enough :ninja: . He would destroy the season for the Packers and taint Favre's legacy, as Favre won't put up with his $h!t, and will likely say something he'll regret :pointstosky:

Agreed that a 2nd is too much. 3rd at the most and a lowered salary.

Destroy the season? How?

Again, I ask this for all those who call him such a cancer. What has he done to ever really destroy a team/locker room?

Destroy the season? How?

Again, I ask this for all those who call him such a cancer. What has he done to ever really destroy a team/locker room?

You don't honestly think he was a positive influence on the Vikings locker room, do you? Seriously? :pointstosky:

Didn't you ever see him arguing with coaches/teammates on the sidelines during games his last couple of seasons there? What games were you watching? I lost count on how many times Moss would be jawing with someone from the Vikings organization on the sidelines like a pouty kid. If he was such a great person and influence on the team, why did they push him out the door so quickly to Oakland? They sure didn't drag their feet on that!

Destroy the season? How?

I am pretty sure when you walk off the field before the game is over, quit on routes, give 100% only when you want to, and get in your staff and players faces, it has an effect on your teammates!

You don't honestly think he was a positive influence on the Vikings locker room, do you? Seriously? :first:

Didn't you ever see him arguing with coaches/teammates on the sidelines during games his last couple of seasons there? What games were you watching? I lost count on how many times Moss would be jawing with someone from the Vikings organization on the sidelines like a pouty kid. If he was such a great person and influence on the team, why did they push him out the door so quickly to Oakland? They sure didn't drag their feet on that!

Where did I claim he was a "positive" influence.

I have seen Favre do the same things...Manning...McNabb...and so on as far as arguing on the sidelines.

What has he done to kill a locker room? Yelled at people...please.

Simply put, the whole cancer thing is a bit much.

Bad attitude? No doubt, I have said as much for some time.

I am pretty sure when you walk off the field before the game is over, quit on routes, give 100% only when you want to, and get in your staff and players faces, it has an effect on your teammates!

So Favre is a cancer? He has walked off the field before the game is over before.

Ferguson quit on routes.

Favre (to some) took a dive against Strahan....and so on.

The other part I laugh at was the whole tarnish Favre's legacy....

Painkillers, the Strahan thing, comments on Walker, not letting the team know if he was retiring last year, Andre Rison, Koren Robinson, Mark Chmura....

Seems his legacy has lasted through all of that...is Randy Moss really going to kill it?

Destroy the season? How?

Come on Sho???? Taking plays off!!! Pouting and throwing fits!!! Carrying handguns on to jets....oops....sorry......had him mixed up with Snoop Dog on that one :P . Walking off the field of play before halftime or the end of the game cuz he was pi$$ed. He is cancer, and, at his age, OLD DUG IN cancer. I am really concerned on how favre would handle his crap. i don't think well.

Where did I claim he was a "positive" influence.

I have seen Favre do the same things...Manning...McNabb...and so on as far as arguing on the sidelines.

What has he done to kill a locker room? Yelled at people...please.

Simply put, the whole cancer thing is a bit much.

Bad attitude? No doubt, I have said as much for some time.

How you can compare what Moss was doing on the sidelines to what Favre/Manning/McNabb have done is beyond me. Those guys didn't antagonize their teammates and they didn't jaw at them nearly as often or as heavily as Moss used to do. Anyone with a bad attitude on a team is basically a cancer to that team. This is what we have been saying all along, and no amount of rewording things about Moss' antics is going to change that. If the Packers take him, I'll be disappointed with the move. For the few extra wins he will give us, I just don't want him on the team. Will I stop supporting the Packers because Moss is in the Green and Gold? Of course not. But I'll feel dirty every time I have to celebrate a Moss TD.

Come on Sho???? Taking plays off!!! Pouting and throwing fits!!! Carrying handguns on to jets....oops....sorry......had him mixed up with Snoop Dog on that one :P . Walking off the field of play before halftime or the end of the game cuz he was pi$$ed. He is cancer, and, at his age, OLD DUG IN cancer. I am really concerned on how favre would handle his crap. i don't think well.

On the field Im worried about his motivation and giving it his all...that is for sure.

The rest....again, yelling at teammates and walking off the field are things even Favre has done.

He has never ruined a locker room even close to the way TO has done.

By some of y'all's (nothing like a posessive of southern slang for ya) definitions Favre and Manning are cancers because they yell at their teammates.

How you can compare what Moss was doing on the sidelines to what Favre/Manning/McNabb have done is beyond me. Those guys didn't antagonize their teammates and they didn't jaw at them nearly as often or as heavily as Moss used to do. Anyone with a bad attitude and on a team is basically a cancer to that team. This is what we have been saying all along, and no amount of rewording things about Moss' antics is going to change that. If the Packers take him, I'll be disappointed with the move. For the few extra wins he will give us, I just don't want him on the team. Will I stop supporting the Packers because Moss is in the Green and Gold? Of course not. But I'll feel dirty every time I have to celebrate a Moss TD.

How can I compare them? Because they have all done it. They have all yelled at coaches and players on the sidelines in front of the cameras.

Antagonize them? How has he antagonized his teammates?

I think many of you don't like him because he was a Viking...and that is fine. His attitude bothers me, but the potential of what his skill can do is what makes it worth the possible risk involved.

Did you feel dirty cheering for Koren Robinson last year?

For Andre Rison in the Super Bowl?

On the field Im worried about his motivation and giving it his all...that is for sure.

The rest....again, yelling at teammates and walking off the field are things even Favre has done.

By some of y'all's (nothing like a posessive of southern slang for ya) definitions Favre and Manning are cancers because they yell at their teammates.

How can I compare them? Because they have all done it. They have all yelled at coaches and players on the sidelines in front of the cameras.

I think many of you don't like him because he was a Viking...and that is fine. His attitude bothers me, but the potential of what his skill can do is what makes it worth the possible risk involved.

Actually I never even mentioned yelling at players on my post. The difference is, Favre, Manning, McNabb...........any TRUE leader yells at the point of contention. Guys Like Moss and TO spot off, off in the distance at third stringers, loud enough that the person they are pissed at hears it. They have no balls. They care about nothing but themselves. Moss would be a horrible Packer even if it worked this year. Driver is also a better wideout at this point in both of their carreers.

You're still comparing Moss to Favre and Manning, which is just silly. As for cheering for Robinson, what has he done to his team? He's always been touted by his teammates as a nice guy and never caused trouble in the locker room. And Andre Rison...yes, I didn't enjoy cheering for him, actually. I really wished that the Packers didn't need him that year like they did. I consider him about on par with Moss, actually.

Actually I never even mentioned yelling at players on my post. The difference is, Favre, Manning, McNabb...........any TRUE leader yells at the point of contention. Guys Like Moss and TO spot off, off in the distance at third stringers, loud enough that the person they are pissed at hears it. They have no balls. They care about nothing but themselves. Moss would be a horrible Packer even if it worked this year. Driver is also a better wideout at this point in both of their carreers.

I agree Driver is the better WR. Which is why I would not mind this. Moss would come in as the #2 with Jennings in the slot role.

What do these two have to do with anything. One guy abused drugs/alcohol and the other got abused by his girlfriend and lost his house?? :P

You're still comparing Moss to Favre and Manning, which is just silly. As for cheering for Robinson, what has he done to his team? He's always been touted by his teammates as a nice guy and never caused trouble in the locker room. And Andre Rison...yes, I didn't enjoy cheering for him, actually. I really wished that the Packers didn't need him that year like they did. I consider him about on par with Moss, actually.

Im comparing their actions...which is very valid.

We are talking about bad guys who do bad things...Robinson has plenty of issues, I was not the happiest bringing him in because I was not sold on his ability (he actually proved me wrong in his short time, he was pretty reliable)..and Rison was just as bad at the time as Moss...with less talent.

What do these two have to do with anything. One guy abused drugs/alcohol and the other got abused by his girlfriend and lost his house?? :P

Rison was seen as a cancer as well.

Robinson just by his off the field problems.

yet, they performed well, so nobody cared.

Why? Because they were not heavily associated with one the Packers' biggest rivals and fans did not already have a problem with them from that.

I agree Driver is the better WR. Which is why I would not mind this. Moss would come in as the #2 with Jennings in the slot role.

:P I agree with this. I also agree that Rison was a bad dude, but he was more like a bad role model of/for things worse to come..(TO, Moss)

COME ON NOW!!!! That Snoop Dog Crack was f'in funny $hit!!! :argue:

Im comparing their actions...which is very valid.

But it isn't valid! Their actions are NOTHING alike, but I digress. I'm done with this arguement. We'll just have to agree to disagree, I guess.

But it isn't valid! Their actions are NOTHING alike, but I digress. I'm done with this arguement. We'll just have to agree to disagree, I guess.

You want me to pull up press conferences with Manning throwing teammates under the bus? Videos of Manning and Favre jawing with teammates on the sidelines? Favre's comments that he hoped the Packers did not give in to Walker's demands?

You want me to pull up press conferences with Manning throwing teammates under the bus? Videos of Manning and Favre jawing with teammates on the sidelines? Favre's comments that he hoped the Packers did not give in to Walker's demands?

He was right, and I'm glad that ba$tard is a Bronco :P

He was right, and I'm glad that ba$tard is a Bronco :P

While he was right...he went a bit too far in that part.

Glad he is a Bronco? Im not...forget Moss, we could worry about other things with Driver, Walker, Jennings.

While he was right...he went a bit too far in that part.

Glad he is a Bronco? Im not...forget Moss, we could worry about other things with Driver, Walker, Jennings.

I'm really not worried about anything but a running game and some help in the def. backfield.

Did Koren Robinson play for the Packers? I didn't know they brought him in last year.

Did Koren Robinson play for the Packers? I didn't know they brought him in last year.

He did, and was relatively effective. He's expected to be welcomed back when his suspension is over in October. Favre is a huge supporter of his, and worked with him closely both on the drug/alcohol issues and as a player.