Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

ROGER CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!

During the 7th inning stretch at the stadium, Clemens was in the Yankees owner box. He grabbed a mike and informed the crowd that he's now a Yankee! :dunno: :thumbsdown: :rolleyes:

SUCK IT BOSTON!

During the 7th inning stretch at the stadium, Clemens was in the Yankees owner box. He grabbed a mike and informed the crowd that he's now a Yankee! :dunno: :thumbsdown: :rolleyes:

SUCK IT BOSTON!

Suck what? BoSox are in :first: and the Yankees are battling Toronto for dwelling in the cellar.

:rolleyes:

Reposting what I posted at TDZ when this same thread was made there:

Not surprising as I predicted this move would happen. The Astros didn't show enough to Clemens in his years there for him to want to come back. Only thing they had was holding his son hostage in their minor league system. That would be funny if they dropped him now, or tried to talk the Yankees into trading for him.

There was also zero chance he was signing with the Red Sox. If he really wanted to end his career in Boston, this was his opportunity and he passed it up. Money definitely wasn't an issue, as the Sox have more than enough to throw around. He's got his buddy Pettitte on the Yankees, he still loves Steinbrenner and some of the guys on the team, and he still holds a grudge for the Duquette stuff even though that entire regime is gone.

This move makes sense for Clemens and for the Yankees. Meanwhile, I think it's time the Red Sox unofficially unretire the number 21.

:dunno:

So tired of Clemen's and his ego stroking. And so tired of the Yanks (and the Red Sox) just writing check after check and skewing all concept of competitive balance in MLB.

the Sox have more than enough to throw around.

I'm not sure - they spent $50 million just TO TALK to a pitcher from Japan with a near 6 ERA. :dunno: :thumbsdown: What's his name again? Dice Overpaid?

Reposting what I posted at TDZ when this same thread was made there:

Not surprising as I predicted this move would happen. The Astros didn't show enough to Clemens in his years there for him to want to come back. Only thing they had was holding his son hostage in their minor league system. That would be funny if they dropped him now, or tried to talk the Yankees into trading for him.

There was also zero chance he was signing with the Red Sox. If he really wanted to end his career in Boston, this was his opportunity and he passed it up. Money definitely wasn't an issue, as the Sox have more than enough to throw around. He's got his buddy Pettitte on the Yankees, he still loves Steinbrenner and some of the guys on the team, and he still holds a grudge for the Duquette stuff even though that entire regime is gone.

This move makes sense for Clemens and for the Yankees. Meanwhile, I think it's time the Red Sox unofficially unretire the number 21.

Sad that he isn't coming here but I understand the move. Also, and I know the Sox criteria is that a player retire with them, but I think 21 should officially be retired.

I'm not sure - they spent $50 million just TO TALK to a pitcher from Japan with a near 6 ERA. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What's his name again? Dice Overpaid?

If the Yanks won the bid you'd be all over his nuts right now. Typical Yankee fan. :dunno:

BTW Dice-K has a 2-0 record vs. the Yankees. :thumbsdown:

Sad that he isn't coming here but I understand the move. Also, and I know the Sox criteria is that a player retire with them, but I think 21 should officially be retired.

I may be forgetting another number or two, but the Red Sox right now have held #5, #21, and #45 dormant ever since Nomar, Clemens, and Pedro left. If they wanted to they could retire #21. They retired Fisk's #27 by giving him a bogus front office position.

I hope this is the set up for a Astors/Yankee world series.

I'll take the stros in 6.

Clemens will be a 5 to 6 inning league average pitcher in the AL, which is better than what the Yankees have been trotting out there.

He shoud have gone to the Sox.

1. Schilling

2. Beckett

3. Dice-K

4. Clemens

5. Wakefield

That would have been deadly.

Welcome to back to the AL, old man. Good luck having to deal with the DH and real hitters all over again.

:banana:

nd so tired of the Yanks (and the Red Sox) just writing check after check and skewing all concept of competitive balance in MLB.

some teams are successful without spending a lot. :clap:

Welcome to back to the AL, old man. Good luck having to deal with the DH and real hitters all over again.

:banana: Thats what I have been thinking. It took Josh Beckett a year to get accustomed to The AL's superior hitting. I think Clemens may have comeback one too many times. This is'nt the National League Dorothy.

some teams are successful without spending a lot. :banana:

Nothing makes me happier (in regards to baseball) than seeing those two teams spend a ton of money and not win it. Only thing better would be them both missing the playoffs (but they've already basically bought their way in)

Nothing makes me happier (in regards to baseball) than seeing those two teams spend a ton of money and not win it. Only thing better would be them both missing the playoffs (but they've already basically bought their way in)

Brewers will beat them. :banana: :clap: :clap:

:banana:

Is he going to drive his yankee retirement Hummer to the Stadium ? He's a d1ck.

I can't beleive they're only 1 game away from being 500 with all the injuries they've had to deal with so far this season. Pavano should be shot for all he's given the Yanks since his signing. Moose, Matsui and Posada have all missed time too. They are in 2nd place and only 5.5 games out of first, plus they have already had their team slump. This signing of Clemens can only help the Yankees. The Redsox better keep on playing well, or the Yankees will win yet another division title.

The Mets are losing 3-1 in the bot of the 6th.

Swell - just what MLB needs - an obvious juicer with documented cases of 'roid rage on the field. 44 y/o power pitcher with a sub 3 ERA last year? Look at the size of his head/body compared to his rookie card. This guy's been juiced for years...lucky for him he's white and has fans in Texas and New York. Guess that makes his obvious steroid usage ok somehow.

I look forward to his next broken bat throwing incident - maybe we'll get lucky and he'll impale someone this time. :doublethumbsup:

This post dedicated to p.man, who rips Bonds to shreds and turns a bind eye to Clemens and Ortiz - two obvious 'roiders.

what's all the fuss? is he pretty good?

what's all the fuss? is he pretty good?

He's a great retirement account for pharmaceutical salesman!

:doublethumbsup:

He's a great retirement account for pharmaceutical salesman!

:doublethumbsup:

i suppose that is a joke. :cheers:

i suppose that is a joke. :thumbsup:

Nope. I'm sure he's put his steroid dealer's kids through college and sent them on nice vacations, all with money left over.

Guest Davaco

this must be an on month for his cycle of roids

I can't beleive they're only 1 game away from being 500 with all the injuries they've had to deal with so far this season. Pavano should be shot for all he's given the Yanks since his signing. Moose, Matsui and Posada have all missed time too. They are in 2nd place and only 5.5 games out of first, plus they have already had their team slump. This signing of Clemens can only help the Yankees. The Redsox better keep on playing well, or the Yankees will win yet another division title.

The Mets are losing 3-1 in the bot of the 6th.

Posada has played all but 2 games and is hitting .344, Alex rodriguez (.353) just had the best April in history, Jeter is hitting .353 and Giambi is hitting .317. All well above their career average. So, even though the Yankees have been hitting out of this world, they are still under .500. Moose is getting old and has pitched a lot of innings in his career. I just don't see the Yankees getting a lot better. Some of their hitters are bound to cool off.

Gotta admit, we bash players (usually black) who skip team meetings, voluntary workouts and minicamps in the NFL, but Clemens gets to pretty much show up whenever he feels like it and it's okay? Seems like a bit of the ol' double standard there. I think allowing this Prima Donna crap to occur is going to be bad for the MLB. How long is it until some pitcher with a better ERA than Rog is gonna say "WTF? I'm better than him - I want to get the same treatment as Clemens!" :banana:

During the 7th inning stretch at the stadium, Clemens was in the Yankees owner box. He grabbed a mike and informed the crowd that he's now a Yankee! :banana: :banana: :banana:

SUCK IT BOSTON!

Suck it NY....he will probably go 4-10 with an ERA over 6.00, at least I hope he does. I think that would be funny as hell... :D

Brewers will beat them. :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Now that would be awesome!! :thumbsup: