The Proposition

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Le Samourai

Blood Simple

Serpico

13 Tzameti

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The Prestige

I've only heard of 2 of those craptastic movies.

I've only heard of 2 of those craptastic movies.

None of them made it to the megamall cineplex? :banana:

Seriously, what the fock is with that movie selection?

All of the leading men wear mascara.

Night Watch

Brick

The Proposition

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Le Samourai

Blood Simple

Serpico

13 Tzameti

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The Prestige

Move Kiss Kiss Bang Bang & Serpico to the top of your list, and delete the rest of that dogcrap. Then add "Down in the Valley" with Ed Norton.

Good luck, and you're welcome. :banana:

Night Watch - Russain sci-fi movie.

Brick - Film noir set in a high school.

The Proposition - Western starring Guy Pierce.

Y Tu Mama Tambien - I honestly don't know anything about this movie but it got terrific reviews.

Le Samourai - 1960s French detective / film noir

Blood Simple - Early Coen Brothers

Serpico - Al Pacino 70s cop movie

13 Tzameti - Another foreign movie, don't know anything about it but a friend recommended it.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Think this is a comedy with Robert Downey Jr.? Another recommendation.

The Prestige - Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman.

www.rottentomatoes.com ... itsatip! :banana:

It would take me six months of extreme patience and near death boredom to sit through said ten movies. Hope you have fun though :banana:

I hear The Prestige is good

Move Kiss Kiss Bang Bang & Serpico to the top of your list, and delete the rest of that dogcrap. Then add "Down in the Valley" with Ed Norton.

Good luck, and you're welcome. :banana:

The top 3 (Proposition, Night Watch and Brick) have already been shipped. I'm most looking forward to the Proposition - Guy Pierce is a great actor and I heard it's a gritty, hardassed western. I'll add Down in the Valley to my queue. I remember that got kinda mediocre reviews - I heard it was sort of a Taxi Driver ripoff - but wtf, it won't cost me anything...

Thanks.

I hated Serpico. Boring ass movie. The only interesting part was the imagery of the movie, truly a 70's film.

The Prestige was OK. Not as good as it's counterpart, The Illusionist. The biggest problem is that the movie tries so hard to create "twists", it telegraphs everything. There wasn't a single surprise in the whole dam movie. Simple connect the dots. The acting was...meh.

Blockbuster > Netflix

Night Watch - Don't watch just send it right back, it sucked. Good special effects though, kind of.

Brick - Go ahead and watch, pretty good movie.

The Proposition - This was about a 4 or 5 out of 10 movie.

Y Tu Mama Tambien - Great movie but confusing as hell, just a movie to see a hot Mexican lady naked.

Le Samourai - Haven't seen it, won't comment.

Blood Simple - Great flick you should like it.

Serpico - Nothing needs to be said about this.

13 Tzameti - Don't know, won't comment.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Funny not worth seeing in theaters but a good rental.

The Prestige - Great flick move to top of queue.

All in all good movies but not to great a queue.

Blockbuster > Netflix

Oh my god Blockbuster sucks, I tried it out for a month and it was slow as hell. I had 42 movies in my queue at the start of the month and didn't add any more to it and every time I got a movie it got watched and sent back the very next day. By the end of my month I had 35 movie left in my queue, it took them 2 days to even send my next movie. They have the slowest turn around ever. At least with Netflix when the movie goes back my next one is sent out the same day.

Night Watch

Brick

The Proposition

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Le Samourai

Blood Simple

Serpico

13 Tzameti

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The Prestige

Zoo

:o

:o

I'm not the one infatuated with the gheys and bestiality, GCLHMB.

Alien vs. Predator

The Village

V for Vendetta

Batman Begins

Lady in the Water

Invincible

An Inconvenient Truth

Super Size Me

Fahrenheit 9/11

Ray

Oh, and rat's ass what you think before you even say anything.

Alien vs. Predator

loved this one - cheese ball action at its finest.

The Village

hate this slow moving pile of dung.

V for Vendetta

One of my favorite movies - saw it in IMAX when it first came out and was blown away.

Batman Begins

IMO, the only real batman movie.

Lady in the Water

another M. Knight pile of dookie

Invincible

Really enjoyed this movie. If all true as indicated, this guy and his friends were some tough SOBs. I watched the special features, and he really was an amazing guy.

An Inconvenient Truth

Super Size Me

Fahrenheit 9/11

sh!t, sh!t and more sh!t

Ray

excellent film. a little depressing and inspiring all at once.

Oh, and rat's ass what you think before you even say anything.

anything. so there. :clap:

Suspect Zero

The Ballad of Jack and Rose

Flags of Our Fathers

The Glass House

Pan's Labyrinth

The Grifters

Sherrybaby

Reds

Gunner Palace

Hollywoodland

Suspect Zero

I liked this movie a lot. Kingsley is extra extra creepy in it and it's really a mind fock. Great movie.

Flags of Our Fathers

a little slow, but an excellent film and very moving.

Pan's Labyrinth

I really want to see this. I've heard it's fantastic.

The Grifters

another of my all time favorite films. One of those movies that I rented and thought, "how did I miss this one?!?!?

Hollywoodland

I really enjoyed this one too, and I HATE Ben Affleck - but I mist admit that he was terrific in this. It's a compelling story and incredibly well done. Great directing, acting and story. I think that the overexposure of Affleck and lots of poor script choices for him cost him what should have been an academy nomination here. I don't think he should have won, but he absolutely deserved a nomination - it was the 1st piece of non-wooden acting I've seen from him and I was very impressed.

Pfeh maybe I should start recommending good movies again that you've likely never seen.

start here: http://www.tcm.com/schedule/week.jsp?timezone=EST&cid=N

Find the movies that look interesting, open up another browser to the IMDB, search the movie and if it gets

a vote of 7.5 or more then it's pretty good so check it out. Speaking of which I was surprised to see the John

Wayne thread.

Sat May 26th

12:00noon Est [Drama] Harder They Fall, The (1956)

A cynical press agent exposes inhuman conditions in the boxing game.

Cast: Humphrey Bogart, Rod Steiger, Jan Sterling. Dir: Mark Robson. BW-109 mins, TV-PG

also: Max Baer, Carlos Montalbon(I think you know his brother)

:unsure: :wall:

Sunday

10:00am [suspense/Mystery] Odd Man Out (1947)

A wounded IRA man faces betrayal on all sides when the British put a price on his head.

Cast: James Mason, Robert Newton, Cyril Cusack. Dir: Carol Reed. BW-116 mins, TV-PG

Monday

10:30am [Drama] From Here To Eternity (1953)

Enlisted men in Hawaii fight for love and honor on the eve of World War II.

Cast: Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Frank Sinatra. Dir: Fred Zinnemann. BW-118 mins, TV-PG

12:30pm [War] Sergeant York (1941)

True story of the farm boy who made the transition from religious pacifist to World War I hero.

Cast: Gary Cooper, Walter Brennan, Margaret Wycherly. Dir: Howard Hawks. BW-134 mins, TV-G

10:00pm [War] Stalag 17 (1953)

A cynical serviceman in a World War II POW camp has to prove he's not an informer.

Cast: William Holden, Don Taylor, Otto Preminger. Dir: Billy Wilder. BW-120 mins, TV-PG

12:15am [Epic] Bridge On The River Kwai, The (1957)

The Japanese Army forces World War II POWs to build a strategic bridge in Burma.

Cast: William Holden, Alec Guinness, Sessue Hayakawa. Dir: David Lean. C-161 mins, TV-PG

Night Watch - Russain sci-fi movie.

Brick - Film noir set in a high school.

The Proposition - Western starring Guy Pierce.

Y Tu Mama Tambien - I honestly don't know anything about this movie but it got terrific reviews.

Le Samourai - 1960s French detective / film noir

Blood Simple - Early Coen Brothers

Serpico - Al Pacino 70s cop movie

13 Tzameti - Another foreign movie, don't know anything about it but a friend recommended it.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Think this is a comedy with Robert Downey Jr.? Another recommendation.

The Prestige - Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman.

www.rottentomatoes.com ... itsatip! :wall:

Brick and The Proposition suck, IMO.

The Prestige is pretty good though. :unsure:

Oh my god Blockbuster sucks, I tried it out for a month and it was slow as hell.

Oh really? Slow as hell? :unsure:

Can you bring your movies back to netflix and take one off the shelf, then they ship you your next one in the queue the next day?

Didn't think so.

An Inconvenient Truth

Super Size Me

Fahrenheit 9/11

sh!t, sh!t and more sh!t

I actually got the Al Gore and Michael Moore film because I've never seen them and there has been so much talk about them here that I thought I needed to see them for myself.

Not really expecting much.

Oh really? Slow as hell? :cheers:

Can you bring your movies back to netflix and take one off the shelf, then they ship you your next one in the queue the next day?

Didn't think so.

No. However even when I brought my movie back and got a movie from the shelf, (eventually finding one that was not already rented out completely) it still took them another day to send out my next movie. Why the wait, the movie is returned, the guy at the counter scans the damn thing but you still wait a whole day before the next movie in the queue is shipped. Stupid!

No. However even when I brought my movie back and got a movie from the shelf, (eventually finding one that was not already rented out completely) it still took them another day to send out my next movie. Why the wait, the movie is returned, the guy at the counter scans the damn thing but you still wait a whole day before the next movie in the queue is shipped. Stupid!

That's just if you're lucky. I love the idea of taking the movie to the local store and getting a free movie off the shelf, but I took one back on Tuesday, and one still has not shipped off my queue. I emailed and complained, and was told that it was because I didn't have enough movies in my queue (12)??????? Ok, I bump it up to over 30 like they suggest, and still nutthin. Now since it still didn't ship today I won't have a new movie until Tuesday, and that's only if they do ship one tomorrow. WOW! that really is fast turn around.

Brick and The Proposition suck, IMO.

The Prestige is pretty good though. :rolleyes:

I watched Brick last night. I wouldn't say it "sucked" but I was pretty disappointed. The snappy 50s noir dialogue didn't fit the high school setting. The movie didn't know what it wanted to be - it either needed to be funnier or less heavy handed. It was far from the worst movie I've ever seen but equally far from the best.

Oh well, that's what Netflix is for I guess. B)

Oh my god Blockbuster sucks, I tried it out for a month and it was slow as hell. I had 42 movies in my queue at the start of the month and didn't add any more to it and every time I got a movie it got watched and sent back the very next day. By the end of my month I had 35 movie left in my queue, it took them 2 days to even send my next movie. They have the slowest turn around ever. At least with Netflix when the movie goes back my next one is sent out the same day.

How is Netflix with new releases?

I have Blockbuster and the thing I like is you can take the movie back to the store and get a new release and not have to wait your turn on-line.

my Q

Hell is for Heroes

West Wing season 2 disk 1

UFC 44

Johnny Dangerously

Quantum Leap season 1 disk3

Blow

Spielberg's Taken disk 4

Bullet

The Dream Catcher

X files season 1 disk 2

anybody see apocalypto? is it awful?

I saw it the other night, and I actually really enjoyed it. It's about a topic that I've always found interest in, and was a really good portrayal of a Central American Indian tribe getting taken over by the Mayans.

Also it was pretty gory. :doublethumbsup:

Brick: Meh, so-so. Not terrible but not nearly worthy of the great reviews. C+

The Proposition: Same thing. It took me three different viewings to finish. C+

Night Watch: Surprisingly good. Made no sense, but fun to look at. Looking forward to the sequel. B

I've got Y Tu Mama Tambien, Le Samurai and Plague of the Zombies on the way. :argue: