Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Isn't NOLA pretty much a lock for the SB this year?

Chicago won't be back. They'll going to nosedive worse than the Steelers.

NOLA was damn close last year - and only got better in the offseason.

The AFC has some seriously talented and competitive teams (minus Oak and Hou), but Damn, the NFC has one or two decent teams and the rest are - lucky to be in the NFC. Just don't see anybody in the NFC better than the Saints.

And

1) No. Not a fan. and:

2) If we hear one more GD thing about Katrina during a Saints game, someone's gonna get hurted. :wub:

It doesn't matter, the best team in the NFC is the 4th or 5th best team in the AFC.

2) If we hear one more GD thing about Katrina during a Saints game, someone's gonna get hurted. :banana:

:unsure:

I agree, enough already with the katrina news :wacko:

I don't think they've improved their defense much if at all, which wasn't exactly stellar last season and I'm not usre their offense can click on all cylinders like last season. Brees is a very good QB and I think he'll still be a top QB this year, but last year's numbers have "Career year" written all over them.

With that said the NFC does not have a dominant team and New Orleans should be up there when all is said and done, althoigh I wouldn't call them a lock.

I see the following teams all having a shot to comepete w/ NO, and no team really dominating:

Chicago

Philadelphia

Carolina (should bounce back)

and a few wildcard type teams that may be in the mix:

Seattle

San Franciso

NY Giants

Dallas

Tampa Bay

NFC :banana:

What did they really do, other than replacing Joe Horn with a rookie? :banana:

Once again, it's anyone's NFC.

New Orleans certainly has a shot, but they need to step it up on defense to have a serious shot. And if they can improve on their offense from last year, they'll be downright scary.

Hell, I could see Green Bay winning the NFCN and Chicago not even making the playoffs. Chicago won some games last year they really shouldn't have and got pretty exposed in the SB.

If they can stay healthy, Seattle and Philly should be frontrunners, but both of them play in what should be competitive divisions.

San Fran should be a competitor and Arizona at least has the talent to compete. I guess we'll see if either or both of them can really get things put together and make a run at it.

I don't see any team getting deep into the playoffs with Eli Manning or Tony Homo at the helm, but they should be contenders to get into the playoffs, at least.

Carolina...eh, I'm just not feeling it.

What did they really do, other than replacing Joe Horn with a rookie? :thumbsdown:

They signed RFA veteran corner Jason David to replace "toast" opposite Mike Mckenzie - huge upgrade.

They signed FA Brian Simmons to replace Simoneau at MLB - huge upgrade.

They signed Kevin Kaeveriwhatever to compete with Josh Bullocks at FS - small upgradge.

They signed Kendrick Clancy to add DT depth - always important.

The defense will be better, and we have arguably the best DE combo in Grant and Smith.

The offense is very young, you would hope that would mean it will improve. Acutally, I see not quite as good a year out of Brees, and a better year out of Deuce and Reggie. I see us moving up significantly from 19th in rushing from a year ago.

:D

I agree, enough already with the katrina news :banana:

Enough with the Katrina news?

Yeah... Is that what you said about 9/11?

Its the same difference. The city is nowhere near what it was, very expensive to live here, especially being that we didn't have that much money in the first place.

People are so misinformed about my city, I just wish everyone could come see it for theirselves-- then they wouldn't be complete douche bags when speaking about it.

They signed RFA veteran corner Jason David to replace "toast" opposite Mike Mckenzie - huge upgrade.

They signed FA Brian Simmons to replace Simoneau at MLB - huge upgrade.

They signed Kevin Kaeveriwhatever to compete with Josh Bullocks at FS - small upgradge.

They signed Kendrick Clancy to add DT depth - always important.

The defense will be better, and we have arguably the best DE combo in Grant and Smith.

The offense is very young, you would hope that would mean it will improve. Acutally, I see not quite as good a year out of Brees, and a better year out of Deuce and Reggie. I see us moving up significantly from 19th in rushing from a year ago.

I agree.

The offense will be better.

Reggie was on the brink of being dominate in the second half of last year, so he will be that much better this year.

Deuce will be another year removed from knee surgery, so he will be improved.

Drew will have another year working with Colston, so that tandem will be improved.

By all accounts, Devery has looked like a new player this year. He always had the talent, but just somehow lacked the focus. So far this year he has really made the coaches take notice. He should be the WR2 on opening day, and it will be VERY hard to Meachem to overcome. Meachem has a load of talent, he really does. So hopefully this surgery won't set him back too much.

Needless to say, the offense will not be a problem.

Our biggest weakness last year was giving up the big play. We added 1 veteran corner mixed in with the 2 we drafted. One of them, Usama Young, has an excellent chance for serious playing time this year. He has already impressed the coaches, I expect him to be our nickel corner.

We signed the safety that you mentioned from Cincy, which will help, but getting Roman Harper back will be a really big improvement. He has come back from the injury way ahead of schedule, and will be a great improvement at safety. He really looked good, the few games we got to see him last year, so I am really excited about him being back.

With that said, Super Bowl lock? No. But the odds on favorite out of the NFC? I would have to say yes.

If we would have had that NFC championship game in the Superdome, I do believe the game would have been a completely different outcome.

The Bears still will be a force, but I think if we can get homefield advantage from them -- we will be really tough to beat.

Other possibly playoff teams, just seem to be a step behind.

Seattle seems to get older every year.

Philly has alot of talent, but I think McNabb's rehad might set them back a tad, and this year they don't have a dynamic backup when McNabb's annual injury comes rolling around.

I really like the 49ers as a young up and coming team, but they still are a year or two from making a real run. I do think they will make the playoffs this year, but they still are a couple of players away.

So who else is there?

Cowboys? They have the talent, but what about Romo? Which guy is really him? If he is really the guy that initially took over, then they might have a chance.. But I'm not so sure.

NY Giants? They lost their best player in Tiki, and Eli still hasn't shown he really has it.

Falclowns? With the Vick fiasco, losing Schaub (what a mistake), and the new coaching system, I really don't think they have a chance.

Just my take on it, but I really do think that it's the Saints to take.

Chicago won't be back. They'll going to nosedive worse than the Steelers.

NOLA was damn close last year - and only got better in the offseason.

The AFC has some seriously talented and competitive teams (minus Oak and Hou), but Damn, the NFC has one or two decent teams and the rest are - lucky to be in the NFC. Just don't see anybody in the NFC better than the Saints.

And

1) No. Not a fan. and:

2) If we hear one more GD thing about Katrina during a Saints game, someone's gonna get hurted. :dunno:

being a CAR homer, i'm going to have to say NO cause CAR beat them twice last year...

NO may make it to the playoffs, but then it's anybody's ballgame... if they don't get a 1st rd bye, it's likely they may play CAR, and as previously mentioned, CAR owns them...

Hell, I could see Green Bay winning the NFCN and Chicago not even making the playoffs. Chicago won some games last year they really shouldn't have and got pretty exposed in the SB.

Wow...you're obviously not a biased Packer homer, right? <_<

Seattle seems to get older every year.

Avg age on O= 28

Avg age on D= 27

And you got your information where? <_<

(Pollard and Strong are 35)

(The oldest starting D player is Chuck Darby at 31)

Avg age on O= 28

Avg age on D= 27

And you got your information where? <_<

he never said the Seattle TEAM, i think he was just referring to the city, and if so, his statement would be correct because the city does get older every year...

HTH.. :D

being a CAR homer, i'm going to have to say NO cause CAR beat them twice last year...

NO may make it to the playoffs, but then it's anybody's ballgame... if they don't get a 1st rd bye, it's likely they may play CAR, and as previously mentioned, CAR owns them...

How can a Carolina fan say their team owns anything. They have done nothing but stink since the bowl. I'm a Pats fan, and since that game I thought they would be the team to beat in the NFC, but it has not happened. They, Fox included, are average at best.

How can a Carolina fan say their team owns anything. They have done nothing but stink since the bowl. I'm a Pats fan, and since that game I thought they would be the team to beat in the NFC, but it has not happened. They, Fox included, are average at best.

i guess going to the NFC Championship game doesn't count for much anymore, huh?

so i guess along that line of logic the Pats must stink too?? :dunno:

Wow...you're obviously not a biased Packer homer, right? :rolleyes:

Welcome to the board, clueless doosh! I hate the Packers, truth be told. Born and raised a Viking fan. I just happen to live in Packer land.

i guess going to the NFC Championship game doesn't count for much anymore, huh?

They are 26 and 24 over the last 3 years in a very weak NFC. And yes the beat a weak Chicago team to get to the NFC Championship and then got creamed by a decent Seattle team. So that counts for something, but declaring they own anything...not so much.

They are 26 and 24 over the last 3 years in a very weak NFC. And yes the beat a weak Chicago team to get to the NFC Championship and then got creamed by a decent Seattle team. So that counts for something, but declaring they own anything...not so much.

fyi, when they beat a 'weak' CHI team and got 'creamed' by SEA, Nick focking Goings was their only RB cause everyone else was hurt...

and just for a comparison. that same NO team that is being touted went a whopping 21-27 in that same 3 year period... but all of a sudden they are a 'lock' for the SB... :headbanger:

and going 1-3 in the last two years against a team you call "average at best" is pretty much getting owned.

HTH.

and just for a comparison. that same NO team that is being touted went a whopping 21-27 in that same 3 year period... but all of a sudden they are a 'lock' for the SB...

I guess in response to NO is a lock you can have some homer leeway(sp). NO is going the right direction, Carolina is going in the wrong direction. I really thought Delhomme would be a much better QB, but he has been average, the whole team is inconsistent. Yeah Caro swept NO last year, 21-18 at home, and 31-21 in the last game of the year when NO couldn't help there playoff position.

And whining about injuries, Nick Goings and hyping a 3-1 record against NO doesn't really help. :dunno:

The most dangerous offense in the league got even more weapons this off-season. The defense beefed up too. On O, New Orleans lost its long-time leader Joe Horn, but quickly replaced him with Robert Meachem, their first round selection out of Tennessee. Eric Johnson, a solid pass catching tight end from the Niners, signed for one year as well. Antonio Pittman was arguably the most intriguing fourth round selection of the entire draft. Just another playmaker for Sean Payton. On defense, New Orleans added former Bengals starters Brian Simmons and Kevin Kaeshivarn, as well as Colts Super Bowl stud Jason David. Re-signing Jon Stinchcomb and Terrence Copper were big moves too.

Biggest gain: Brian Simmons, LB

Biggest loss: Joe Horn, WR

Are they in better shape than they were in January? The NFC Championship Game is a pretty good place to end up. Tough to say the Saints are going to do better than that this year, but they certainly addressed some sore spots on their defense in the off-season. Simmons provides some star-quality to the linebacker spot and David is an upgrade from Fred Thomas as corner. Horn was the lifeblood and voice of that locker room. Meachem, however, may be the more effective wideout.

(foxsports)

Gonna be an interesting team to watch, if nothing else. :ninja:

...until some drunken jagoff coon-axx starts in with the "who day?" crap.

coon-axxes are the worst white trash on the earth. :ninja:

And hey - If the Saints do really well this year, maybe some of the trash that refugeed to Houston will finally go back home. :wub:

I got to think if they play to their ability they are the team that represents the NFC and lose to NE, Indy, or SD.

Antonio Pittman was arguably the most intriguing fourth round selection of the entire draft.

:blink:

It doesn't matter, the best team in the NFC is the 4th or 5th best team in the AFC.

Absolutely right about that. The SuperBowl wasn't the two best teams in the league. It was the best team in the league vs. the winner of the cripple fight that is the NFC. Fock, Chicago got to 13 wins because they got to play 3 of the worst teams in the league twice each during the regular season.

The AFC playoff games were a hell of a lot better than watching that abortion of a superbowl. :blink: REally made me feel badly for the 4-5 teams in the AFC that could've kicked the snot out of Chicago too.

Avg age on O= 28

Avg age on D= 27

And you got your information where? :wall:

Who said anything about average "o" ???

Their 2 best offensive players are Walter Jones and Shaun Alexander. How old are they?

Shaun is younger, but as running backs go -- he is definitley getting up there. Walter Jones has been in the league atleast 10 or 11 years...

Why did you fail to mention them?

But hey they don't matter. Pollard and Strong are the ones that really make a difference.

Anyone can twist stats around to their liking.

Nice work.

congratulations on beating us in week 16 against our 8th string

Gonna be an interesting team to watch, if nothing else. :(

...until some drunken jagoff coon-axx starts in with the "who day?" crap.

coon-axxes are the worst white trash on the earth. :ninja:

And hey - If the Saints do really well this year, maybe some of the trash that refugeed to Houston will finally go back home. :mad:

im glad you get your information from the waterboy. you jack@ss. its pretty unfair when you get your info from the media. you only hear the bad $hit. and who day is the bengals. we are who dat. get your facts straight d!ckhead

Enough with the Katrina news?

Yeah... Is that what you said about 9/11?

Its the same difference. The city is nowhere near what it was, very expensive to live here, especially being that we didn't have that much money in the first place.

People are so misinformed about my city, I just wish everyone could come see it for theirselves-- then they wouldn't be complete douche bags when speaking about it.

f@ck em. where are you from anyway? im from the marrero area.

im glad you get your information from the waterboy. you jack@ss. its pretty unfair when you get your info from the media. you only hear the bad $hit. and who day is the bengals. we are who dat. get your facts straight d!ckhead

Gee, that's funny, I get my information from sitting in sports bars with a bunch of drunken coon-axxes every week during football season. One of whom was so focking stupid he sat through a window and fell out. These are the kind of white trash that bring cans of beer IN to a bar. And "who dey" is apparently derivative from the mora/hebert era that these guys reminisce about every time they're team blows. Either they're too stupid to know the difference, or you get your info from up yer butt. But, hey - whatever - more to the point, chanting "who DAT or who DEY" is EQUALLY obnoxious - and not even English. And for the record - Grown Men don't "chant" in public unless they're monks or 'mos.

I don't hear the bad shiit from the media. I LIVE the bad shiit becuase the coon-axxes and other trash moved into my town and immediately 1) Upped the crime rate and 2) Established themselves as the most obnoxious POS in town.

Gee, that's funny, I get my information from sitting in sports bars with a bunch of drunken coon-axxes every week during football season. One of whom was so focking stupid he sat through a window and fell out. These are the kind of white trash that bring cans of beer IN to a bar. And "who dey" is apparently derivative from the mora/hebert era that these guys reminisce about every time they're team blows. Either they're too stupid to know the difference, or you get your info from up yer butt. But, hey - whatever - more to the point, chanting "who DAT or who DEY" is EQUALLY obnoxious - and not even English. And for the record - Grown Men don't "chant" in public unless they're monks or 'mos.

I don't hear the bad shiit from the media. I LIVE the bad shiit becuase the coon-axxes and other trash moved into my town and immediately 1) Upped the crime rate and 2) Established themselves as the most obnoxious POS in town.

so the poorer ones who lived in the cheaper housing in low lying areas are now the one that represent new orleans? should have been you that went through that window.

so the poorer ones who lived in the cheaper housing in low lying areas are now the one that represent new orleans? should have been you that went through that window.

Seeing as how NOLA led the nation in Homicides the year before Katrina, and it's so bad now, the FBI won't even include them in National stats. I'm pretty sure you can't just blame Katrina for only flushing out the crap people into full view of the rest of the country. So basically, following your logic, Either:

1) All the bad people left after the hurricane (in which case, your crime rate would've dropped, not soared) or,

2) NOLA is filled with the best and brightest and only a few bad apples give it a bad rep. - In which case, NOLA wouldn't have a pre-Katrina homicide rate TEN TIMES HIGHER than some of the biggest cities in the U.S.

I dunno, you tell me - which one is it? 'Cause either way, the crap people the country are seeing seem pretty representative of NOLA's true nature.

NOLA is a prodominatly black/african american city, all cities that have a high percentage of african americans are very violent/dangerous.

Facts, not opinions....

Detroit

Washington DC

New Orleans

Atlanta

St Lous (last year ST Louis was named US Most dangerous City, but all the crime stats came from the side of St Louis where the african americans live)

just to name a few

Large Cities without a high percentage of African Americans are safe

San ANtonio

San Fran

Anchorage

Moscow

London

Hong Kong

NOLA is a prodominatly black/african american city, all cities that have a high percentage of african americans are very violent/dangerous.

Facts, not opinions....

Detroit

Washington DC

New Orleans

Atlanta

St Lous (last year ST Louis was named US Most dangerous City, but all the crime stats came from the side of St Louis where the african americans live)

just to name a few

Large Cities without a high percentage of African Americans are safe

San ANtonio

San Fran

Anchorage

Moscow

London

Hong Kong

SO IF WE ARE GOING TO STEREOTYPE. LETS STEREOTYPE A RACE AND NOT AN AREA :thumbsup:

SO IF WE ARE GOING TO STEREOTYPE. LETS STEREOTYPE A RACE AND NOT AN AREA :thumbsup:

Exactly

I'm not sterotyping...its FACTS, go to National Crime Statistics and look, while you are at it look at the entire continent of AFRICA, nothing but violence, murder, rape.....hmmmm detecting a trend

congratulations on beating us in week 16 against our 8th string

f@ck em. where are you from anyway? im from the marrero area.

I grew up in marrero too... But have been living uptown for a while. In the process of moving back to marrero though, as we speak. Small world.

Who said anything about average "o" ???

Their 2 best offensive players are Walter Jones and Shaun Alexander. How old are they?

Shaun is younger, but as running backs go -- he is definitley getting up there. Walter Jones has been in the league atleast 10 or 11 years...

Why did you fail to mention them?

But hey they don't matter. Pollard and Strong are the ones that really make a difference.

Anyone can twist stats around to their liking.

Nice work.

Your original post said nothing about Alexander and Jones individually (30/33 respectively). You mentioned SEATTLE, which last time I checked played with more than two players. OBTW I mentioned Strong and Pollard because at 35 those two spike the avg age of the offense.

Maybe you need to be a little more specific instead of throwing out bogus generalities to make a bogus point. :dunno:

Your original post said nothing about Alexander and Jones individually (30/33 respectively). You mentioned SEATTLE, which last time I checked played with more than two players. OBTW I mentioned Strong and Pollard because at 35 those two spike the avg age of the offense.

Maybe you need to be a little more specific instead of throwing out bogus generalities to make a bogus point. :dunno:

Bogus point?

I said the team was getting older.

Their two best players are getting old.

Bogus point?

Right.

Bogus point?

I said the team was getting older.

Their two best players are getting old.

Bogus point?

Right.

So is it their two best players or is it the team?

Or do you have a split personality and have no idea from post to post? My guess is you are clueless. the avg of the team is 28 on O and 27 on D. Thus, the TEAM is not old. So which is it? is it the team or is Alexander and Jones. :dunno:

So is it their two best players or is it the team?

Or do you have a split personality and have no idea from post to post? My guess is you are clueless. the avg of the team is 28 on O and 27 on D. Thus, the TEAM is not old. So which is it? is it the team or is Alexander and Jones. :dunno:

Can you tell me what the average age of the offense is again? Or the defense?

I must have missed it.

I must have missed it.

That's the first accurate point you have made on this message board..congrats :huh: