Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

Tank Johnson's blood alcohol level was .072

he was still drinking and driving at 3 AM.

...way to go Tank!

Johnson had already had been suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violating probation on a gun charge. He spent two months in jail and was released in May.

Last December, police raided the 300-pound Johnson's suburban Chicago home and found six unregistered firearms -- a violation of his probation on an earlier gun charge.

Two days after the December raid, Willie B. Posey, Johnson's bodyguard, was shot and killed in an early morning fight while he and Johnson were at a Chicago nightclub.

Yeah, way to go, Bears. Can't believe you cut such an upstanding citizen! For shame. :dunno:

Yeah, way to go, Bears. Can't believe you cut such an upstanding citizen! For shame. :dunno:

No kidding. I have my reservations about this blood test. Obviously there must have been some time between when he was pulled over and when they did the test. Maybe they account for that though?

At any rate, its not like Tank was a model citizen up to this point.

...way to go Tank!

The legal limit is higher than 0 for a reason. An average driver with a .072 BAC is probably much less of a risk than someone who is driving while sleepy, or driving while distracted, or just a driver with below-average driving skills/cautiousness.

The Bears look like morons though. They cut him before the facts are in on a DUI, but let him play in the Super Bowl with gun charges against him.

Super Bowl > gun charges < false DUI charges

...way to go Tank!

He had the common sense to know when to say when and knew he had to drive. Driving at .072 isn't a crime. And being out at 3 a.m. isn't either. I think the guy is a thug but none the less he did nothing against the law. If he was given a specific curfew or wasn't supposed to drink as a condition of his past troubles then I can see why he was let go. If he was let go for criminal activity then he has a beef as he did nothing legally wrong.

The Bears look like morons though. They cut him before the facts are in on a DUI, but let him play in the Super Bowl with gun charges against him.

Actually you look like the moron here. They suspended Tank for a game last year. Why would they do any more when the league would weigh in at some point anyway.

As for the "gun charges", it was a paperwork violation, not some shootout at the ok corral. :doublethumbsup:

For a guy that was in jail and suspended for a half season, Tank had alot to prove to his team and the league. Within 30 days of his release, he is out at 3 am and drinking & driving. The Bears obviously had him on a short leash and he broke their rule or agreement, not necessarily the law.

They supported him, but with a strong warning. He broke the deal and they acted swiftly and harshly. Good for them.

The Bears supported Johnson through is jail term and people said they looked like morons. They Bears cut Johnson and people say they look like morons. The Bears look like they keep their word.

Tank was told any infraction, however minor, and he would be gone so fast his head would spin. Check.

They told Lance Briggs and Drew Rosenhaus that Briggs would get the franchise tag when he declined the Bears offer in preseason 2006. Check.

They told Thomas Jones and his agent Drew Rosenhaus that they would trade him to a city on his short list after the 2006 season if he came back without waves before the 2006 season. Check.

Yeah, the Bears are loyal, honest with their players and keep their word. Morons. :doublethumbsup:

By the way, a .072 BLC for a guy of his size is still a signifcant amount of drinking.

Actually you look like the moron here. They suspended Tank for a game last year. Why would they do any more when the league would weigh in at some point anyway.

As for the "gun charges", it was a paperwork violation, not some shootout at the ok corral. :doublethumbsup:

For a guy that was in jail and suspended for a half season, Tank had alot to prove to his team and the league. Within 30 days of his release, he is out at 3 am and drinking & driving. The Bears obviously had him on a short leash and he broke their rule or agreement, not necessarily the law.

They supported him, but with a strong warning. He broke the deal and they acted swiftly and harshly. Good for them.

it's a rare day when i agree with walter without any qualifications, but this is one of those times.

Well thank god it was a paperwork violation. Because I'm sure he bought all those guns just to look at. :banana:

Well thank god it was a paperwork violation. Because I'm sure he bought all those guns just to look at. :doublethumbsup:

Should everyone with guns be put in jail?

Should everyone with guns be put in jail?

Last time I checked it was illegal (as well as a probation violation) to have unlicensed weapons.

It was the last straw...they drew a line in the sand andhe crossed it.

That he did not end up with a DUI is irrelevant...the distraction was still there. Being pulled over at that hour, speeding, and with the suspicion (and rightfully so given how close he was to getting a DUI)...that was that.

By the way, a .072 BLC for a guy of his size is still a signifcant amount of drinking.

Its still .072. As a bigger guy he has more blood and all that. .072 affects him much the same way it would affect you. It doesn't matter that it takes him more beers to get there.

I'm kind of shocked by this. He got busted the very first day after OTA's. I think camp ended on wed and this happened on a thursday. I mean, i could understand him going home after a jail sentence and OTA's and wanting to go out. But why not just have someone else drive, why even take the risk.

Plus, its kind of shocking that theres a 25 mph speed limit out there. I could understand if it was in a neighborhood, but on some random street? But knowing you can't get into any more ######, why even drive after having one beer.

Last time I checked it was illegal (as well as a probation violation) to have unlicensed weapons.

sniffs bait, swims away.

:dunno:

I applaud the Bears!! They gave this loser several chances and he kept screwing up so they did the best thing for the organization and him. Maybe this will be a wake up call for him and he will grow up. The Bengals could learn a lesson from the Bears on this issue!! JMHO

Its still .072. As a bigger guy he has more blood and all that. .072 affects him much the same way it would affect you. It doesn't matter that it takes him more beers to get there.

I'm kind of shocked by this. He got busted the very first day after OTA's. I think camp ended on wed and this happened on a thursday. I mean, i could understand him going home after a jail sentence and OTA's and wanting to go out. But why not just have someone else drive, why even take the risk.

Plus, its kind of shocking that theres a 25 mph speed limit out there. I could understand if it was in a neighborhood, but on some random street? But knowing you can't get into any more ######, why even drive after having one beer.

It's my understanding from a few people that I know out in that area that the po-po are really harsh and strict when it comes to drinking and driving.

GILBERT, Ariz. -- Blood tests show former Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson's blood alcohol level was below the legal limit when he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving June 22, police said Monday.

Way to go Bears!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...296=80000000000

Wasn't he on probation? Standard probation terms prohibit the use of any alcohol.

i've said it before, and walter said it again: he is foolish and basically stupid to put himself in any position close to trouble again. great stand by the team.

He drank. Then he drove. Sure, he was below the legal limit, but let's not turn him into a saint just yet. Nothing good happens after 2AM, and he put himself in a bad position, especially given his track record.

I'm not sure about Arizona, but in Kentucky you can be arrested on "Suspicion of DUI" if you blow a .05% or greater. I guess they conduct further coordination and balance tests at the station to determine if your driving ability is impaired. I once blew a .049%, and walked away with only a speeding ticket. (It was a good thing they couldn't test for reefer.)

He drank. Then he drove. Sure, he was below the legal limit, but let's not turn him into a saint just yet. Nothing good happens after 2AM, and he put himself in a bad position, especially given his track record.

yeah, we all know that no one here would ever have a couple beers and then drive a car.

yeah, we all know that no one here would ever have a couple beers and then drive a car.

And none of us are multi million dollar athletes already on a short leash after being in trouble with the law.

Step 1: The media praises the Bears for cutting ties with Johnson( and rightfully so, imo)

Step 2: The media plays the "poor tank" card

Step 3: One of the worst GM's in the league gives Tank a shot (who will it be?)

Step 4: GM realizes that not only is Tank borderline retarded, but also an average football player at best.

Step 5: You see Tank at Taco Bell five years from now

Step 1: The media praises the Bears for cutting ties with Johnson( and rightfully so, imo)

Step 2: The media plays the "poor tank" card

Step 3: One of the worst GM's in the league gives Tank a shot (who will it be?)

Step 4: GM realizes that not only is Tank borderline retarded, but also an average football player at best.

Step 5: You see Tank at Taco Bell five years from now

Disagree.

Someone will give him a shot. While he has his issues...they are not as severe as some...and some with drug offenses keep getting second chances.

Average at best? I disagree. He is a good DT. Big body helps fill the holes. Not great or stud...but good.

5? Perhaps...if he cant get his crap together. He might be working alongside PacMan.

300 pounds, 26 years old and 6'3" x 7 cans of beer in 2 hours = .072

When you're already on a short leash, do you get behind the wheel after 7 bees in 2 hours?

As for the "gun charges", it was a paperwork violation, not some shootout at the ok corral. :shocking:

Tank made some bad decisions and unfortunately for him, he is no longer a Bear. We all make poor choices at time, some of us more than others.