Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Some stadiums won't allow tailgating?

I heard the Colts do not allow tailgating. What the hell do people do before games if this is true?

I don't get it......

Here is an idea, Stop coming to the damn game five hours early. You have reserved seats, so just show up no sooner than an hour before kickoff.

Here is an idea, Stop coming to the damn game five hours early. You have reserved seats, so just show up no sooner than an hour before kickoff.

See some people come for the game. Some people come and make it an event. There is nothing better than getting a group of your buddies and showing up early and grilling some steaks, burgers or whatever and having a good time for an hour or two before the game.

OR maybe I've been married for too long? :shocking:

Tailgating IS a big part of the NFL experience.I live near Buffalo and am used to the parking lot parties.Where else can you find someone grilling dinner on the top of their vans?An open bar in back of a cargo van?Bomb fires in steel drum trash barrels?I thought Tailgating for years was the same around the league until I went to Chicago one year.They have a parking garage! :shocking: Lame...sad and depressing to go to a game and not party durring pre-game and puke post-game!

See some people come for the game. Some people come and make it an event. There is nothing better than getting a group of your buddies and showing up early and grilling some steaks, burgers or whatever and having a good time for an hour or two before the game.

:shocking:

we tailgate for every CAR game... almost better than the game itself. warm weather, lots of food and beers, hotties walking around in their little skimpy Panther-gear...

we also tailgate for the few ECU games we get to every year... even better cause they're college hotties...

OR maybe I've been married for too long? :shocking:

Seriously. I cherish hanging out grilling and having a few beers with my buddies before the Jets' games. It makes a great day even better.

Seriously. I cherish hanging out grilling and having a few beers with my buddies before the Jets' games. It makes a great day even better.

yup, nothing better than an excuse to crack a beer at 9am on a Sunday w/ your buds, especially when you're all sting hungover from Sat. night college football games.

Nothing beats watching the game from the comfort of one's couch.

College football tailgating is the greatest, especially before a game like Florida at home against Florida State. For games like that, me and some friends set up everything - the satellite dish, large screen tv, bar, steaks on the grill, etc.... If it's a 3:00 game, we'll have camp set up by 8:00 am. If the Gators win, we tailgate for another 2 hours after the game is over and hit on drunk college sluts. If the Gators lose, we tailgate for an hour and taunt the Florida State fans.

good times. :doublethumbsup:

Bomb fires

:doublethumbsup:

Another product of that fine Crapchester education system.

Why?

Plus...Im a Packer fan...Ive tailgated before going to watch the game in a bar in Nashville before. :rolleyes:

here's an idea dont be a ghey phag

wake up about 5 or 6 am, and head down to the stadium. generally crack first natty light around 6 or 7 am. Arrive before the gates open, parkt the car and wait for the gates to open. gates open, it's a mad dash for our space.

Get everything setup, including tvs and canopies and outdoor firepit in colder weather and start cooking flapjacks and sausages on the skillet.

around 10 or so, fire the grill up, my favorite being the shiskabobs with steak and chicken and bacon wrapped shrimp with onions and peppers and whatnot.

then it's all just gettin started cause it's just about time to head in for the game :cheers:

Guest _my_2_cents_

A friend came up to Seattle when I was living there - we'd been tailgating at ballgames since we were kids. Niners, A's, Raiders, Giants...

So he comes up, we get this little mini-webber out and head down to the ballpark.

We get our coals lit & crack open a couple of barley-pops, and a couple of cops come up.

Cop: "you know that's illegal, right?"

me: "what is?"

Cop: "that lit BBQ. You need to douse it right now or I have to write you a ticket"

Me: :banana:

My Friend: "I don't understand officer - how are we suppossed to cook our New Yorks without a lit BBQ?"

Cop: "I really don't care, but there's no tailgating allowed here."

Me: "Really? I can't believe it!"

Cop2: "believe it. And by the way, I suggest you get rid of those beers as well - it's a $200 ticket for an open container here"

Me: "what? You can't drink beer at the ballgame here?"

Cop: "sure - for $8 each, inside. Out here it's a $200 ticket."

Me: :overhead:

Seattle = :cheers:

A friend came up to Seattle when I was living there - we'd been tailgating at ballgames since we were kids. Niners, A's, Raiders, Giants...

So he comes up, we get this little mini-webber out and head down to the ballpark.

We get our coals lit & crack open a couple of barley-pops, and a couple of cops come up.

Cop: "that lit BBQ. You need to douse it right now or I have to write you a ticket"

Me: :huh:

My Friend: "I don't understand officer - how are we suppossed to cook our New Yorks without a lit BBQ?"

Cop2: "believe it. And by the way, I suggest you get rid of those beers as well - it's a $200 ticket for an open container here"

Seattle = :mad:

I hope you stood up for yourself and told those cops to go screw themselves!?!?! That's what I would have done. :wub:

Me: :wub:

Seattle = :mad:

Beer and BBQ no way but heroine not a problem.

Me: :wall:

Me: :bandana:

Seattle = :overhead:

That sound about right but there are some allowances for tailgating up here. Here's what the Seahawks have to say about it.

That sound about right but there are some allowances for tailgating up here. Here's what the Seahawks have to say about it.

From the Seahawks rules:

Q: Can we tailgate at the games?

A: Tailgating is permitted on Qwest Field...[however] No charcoal BBQ’s or fires on the ground. No glass beverage containers. No alcohol or drug use. Fighting and taunting are NOT permitted. Throwing, catch and sports activities are NOT permitted.

So why not say.. Um.. No.

In Seattle we have been pre-funking at home for years pre-game. I guess its to the point now where locals dont know what they are missing.

Bomb fires

The word you're looking for is "bonfires". I believe "bomb fires" are frowned upon at all stadiums...well, all public places, really.

Me: :huh:

Me: :doh:

Seattle = :thumbsup:

seriously, I can't be a fan of any team, OR city that doesn't allow tailgating.

Q: What separates going to the stadium to watch the game, and watching it at home on the big screen?

A: Tailgating, and the stadium atmosphere.

my official stance has changed... Indy and Seattle are the suck :dunno:

The word you're looking for is "bonfires". I believe "bomb fires" are frowned upon at all stadiums...well, all public places, really.

i have alerted homeland security, expect heightened security at any game you attend this season gpann :thumbsup:

Since the word bomb has appeared in this thread several times, the CIA currently is monitoring FFToday. As soon as the poster Da Bomb logs in, sirens will go off. I hope you have a place to hide. Good luck.

Since the word bomb has appeared in this thread several times, the Homeland Security currently is monitoring FFToday. As soon as the poster Da Bomb logs in, sirens will go off. I hope you have a place to hide. Good luck.

fixed

From the Seahawks rules:

A: Tailgating is permitted on Qwest Field...[however] No charcoal BBQ’s or fires on the ground. No glass beverage containers. No alcohol or drug use. Fighting and taunting are NOT permitted. Throwing, catch and sports activities are NOT permitted.

In Seattle we have been pre-funking at home for years pre-game. I guess its to the point now where locals dont know what they are missing.

and people wonder why seattle has some of the weakest/lamest fans anywhere, in any sport.

They are such fair weather fans. If the seahawks don't win the division, the fans don't even b1tch, the just go along like there hasn't even been a football team in the city.

And who can blame them? I use to think that the fans just didn't care about sports. But now I'm starting to see that it's because the city doesn't want the fans to have any fun what-so-ever at sporting events! no wonder nobody cares about sports in the pacific northwest :thumbsup:

What a dooshbag city/state :dunno:

and people wonder why seattle has some of the weakest/lamest fans anywhere, in any sport.

They are such fair weather fans. If the seahawks don't win the division, the fans don't even b1tch, the just go along like there hasn't even been a football team in the city.

And who can blame them? I use to think that the fans just didn't care about sports. But now I'm starting to see that it's because the city doesn't want the fans to have any fun what-so-ever at sporting events! no wonder nobody cares about sports in the pacific northwest :thumbsup:

What a dooshbag city/state :dunno:

what's denver's excuse?

Tailgating IS a big part of the NFL experience.I live near Buffalo and am used to the parking lot parties.Where else can you find someone grilling dinner on the top of their vans?An open bar in back of a cargo van?Bomb fires in steel drum trash barrels?I thought Tailgating for years was the same around the league until I went to Chicago one year.They have a parking garage! :dunno: Lame...sad and depressing to go to a game and not party durring pre-game and puke post-game!

I'm a Packer Fan, but live near Buffalo, could be the best tailgating in the NFL. Its a crazy good time. Buffalo has great fans.

From the Seahawks rules:

:dunno:

Sounds like "cover our ass" type stuff. I guess there are some bad combinations there. Alcohol and fire. Alcohol and glass. Alcohol and running around in traffic. Alcohol and taunting sport spans, etc. In Green Bay there are a fair amount of fans who are 3 sheets to the wind the minute they walk into the stadium.

Still, by and large, everyone behaves themselves and when they're charging upwards of $60 a ticket and $20 (or whatever it is these days) to park, I don't think a little tailgating is too much to ask.

what's denver's excuse?

the only fairweather fans you find in Denver are the corporate people who could give a sh1t about football anyways, but want to be seen out in public at the games. All cities have these types.

And you can most certainly tailgate in Denver. I tailgate every time I go to a game.

I will give the chiefs credit though. Like I've said for years, the chiefs have the BEST tailgating out of any and all teams. And I personally think the biggest reason for this is because they have enough parking at the stadium for everybody. That, and there isn't much to do in Kansas/Misouri, so football is that much more important to them.

Interesting... even in the great ultra-conservative "right" as in "morally correct" state of Utah, we tailgate at U of U games. Never thought Salt Lake City would be considered more progressive than Seattle. WTF???

Yeah, and drunk college girls are the bon... err I mean bomb!!! Go Utes!

Can we get a list going of the places that don't allow tailgating.

I heard Indy doesn't. That is why I started this thread.

Seattle doesn't.....not really suprised. :dunno:

Seriously how can you not allow tailgating?

the only fairweather fans you find in Denver are the corporate people who could give a sh1t about football anyways, but want to be seen out in public at the games. All cities have these types.

And you can most certainly tailgate in Denver. I tailgate every time I go to a game.

I will give the chiefs credit though. Like I've said for years, the chiefs have the BEST tailgating out of any and all teams. And I personally think the biggest reason for this is because they have enough parking at the stadium for everybody. That, and there isn't much to do in Kansas/Misouri, so football is that much more important to them.

so you're saying you had trouble keeping yourself entertained in lawrence while you were there?

Can we get a list going of the places that don't allow tailgating.

I heard Indy doesn't. That is why I started this thread.

Seattle doesn't.....not really suprised. :dunno:

Seriously how can you not allow tailgating?

Not Allowed:

Seattle

Indianapolis

Encouraged:

Kansas City

Green Bay

so you're saying you had trouble keeping yourself entertained in lawrence while you were there?

:bandana:

lol. well, Lawrence is a whole different topic alltogether. That is a college town, and by that, I mean that the town wouldn't exist if the college wasn't right there. I know you know this cmh, seeing you're a Jayhawks fan and go to their games.

But besides focking chicks, and going out drinking, Lawrence doesn't have a whole hell of a lot to offer.

Now, Those 2 thing by themselves will keep you entertained non-stop. but for the people who don't do that type of stuff, I'm sure that even Lawrence could get a bit boring :dunno:

But hey, at least I'm giving you props for the tailgating :dunno:

Not Allowed:

Seattle

Indianapolis

Encouraged:

Kansas City

Green Bay

I will tell you right now, Buffalo is the craziest place during tailgating. There is no other place that an opposing fan will hear it (or straight up get punched) that much.

I know good tailgating doesn't = fights and every damn person wasted hours before. But that is Buffalo....crazy I tell you.

Seriously go to youtube and type in Buffalo Bills Tailgating. Watch the guy with the Car/grill.

Not Allowed:

Seattle

Indianapolis

Encouraged:

Kansas City

Green Bay

I know that during all Broncos home games, in the stadium, on the jumbotrons, they announce the winner of the "best tailgating" for that day. They get like $1000 and memorabilia or something like that.

So I'd say that Denver encourages it as well :pointstosky:

I will tell you right now, Buffalo is the craziest place during tailgating. There is no other place that an opposing fan will hear it (or straight up get punched) that much.

I know good tailgating doesn't = fights and every damn person wasted hours before. But that is Buffalo....crazy I tell you.

Seriously go to youtube and type in Buffalo Bills Tailgating. Watch the guy with the Car/grill.

Like the Car-B-Cue from Wings :pointstosky: