Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

What type of prison does Vick go to?

Since the feds are involved does he go to Club Fed like Martha Stewart or does he go to a state prison where he'll get to toss the salad?

just courious

I have no clue what the culture is like in prison, but even in a state pen I would imagine Vick doesn't have much to worry about.

1. Dogfighting probably isn't too negatively viewed among prison inmates.

2. He has a lot of money still, I'm sure he could afford some protection.

3. Has some street cred, so he's gotta be popular among some of the thug types in prison.

4. He's not a small dude, he could defend himself.

;)

This is the key.

I wonder what happens the guys who turned on him.

I believe he will be going to federal prison. The judge issuing the sentence is VERY hardcore. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more time than expected.

HH

I have no clue what the culture is like in prison, but even in a state pen I would imagine Vick doesn't have much to worry about.

1. Dogfighting probably isn't too negatively viewed among prison inmates.

3. Has some street cred, so he's gotta be popular among some of the thug types in prison.

4. He's not a small dude, he could defend himself.

:angry:

5. He has been known to spread herpes.

Michael Bolton: We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison.

Samir: I don't want to go to ANY prison!

Michael Bolton: We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison.

Samir: I don't want to go to ANY prison!

Dang it man I was about to put "fedral pound me in the ass prison" to see if anyone would get the inside joke.

"did you know that in some of those prisons they actually get conjical visits"

Hes going to a fed county club camp for sure.

The killing of dogs well not get him sent to big boy jail.

Millionares do not go to the same type of jail you or me would go.

On a differant note, do you guys remeber the fight Tyson got into in jail. Now rape gets you into real jail. He had too much commencary money and was spreading it around. The main Bad Ass, who was running a commencary racket, confronted Tyson. While guards and inmates looked on, one punch and one knock out later, Tyson was not messed with again.

Hopefully the type where he'll be shanked, raped and get both of his achilles slashed.

But more likely, he'll get what will amount to a slap on the wrist and maybe even given a 2nd chance at the league (although I hope the public pressure of possible boycotts/protests is enough to keep him out for life).

Too bad those dogs didn't have it as easy as rich moron Mike Vick will. :overhead:

What's with everyone hoping Vick does 20 to life and never gets to play football again? I agree he did something terrible, but seriously, I think a year in prison and the loss of millions of salary dollars is a pretty just punishment.

My guess is that he gets 18 months in the Fed. Which like someone else said, combined with the loss of the rest of his NFL life is a pretty fair punishment. Rapists and wife beaters get less.

he will go to a federal prison since it's a federal case. it will probably be pretty nice like Martha had.

the real "pound me in the a$$" prisons are the state prisons. he won't go anywhere near them.

Dang it man I was about to put "fedral pound me in the ass prison" to see if anyone would get the inside joke.

"did you know that in some of those prisons they actually get conjical visits"

Aww man you both stole my thunder.

"I haven't had a conjical visit in 6 months, and I'm a free man!" Michael Bolton

One thing is for sure, I'm sure Vick will be seein alot of inmates "O" face... :thumbsdown: Oh, <_< Oh, :first: Oh!

My guess is that he gets 18 months in the Fed. Which like someone else said, combined with the loss of the rest of his NFL life is a pretty fair punishment. Rapists and wife beaters get less.

1. Rapists ususally don't (see Tyson eventhough it was BS) and shouldn't get less.

2. Vick should get more punishment than a wife beater. Abused women at least have a choice and a lot of times, it's partly their own fault too for sticking around.

The dogs had no choice and you must have no clue as to the extreme suffering and stress that dogs go through when used in dog fighting let along when totured thru neglect, hangings, electricution and drowning. 66 dogs were taken from Vick's property. I'm sure they've all been put down. How many were found burried with mutilated bodies - like 3 dozen? How many more were burried out there in the woods?

These types of inhumane acts of brutality need to be dealt with as harshly as possible b/c it's the only way we can protect animals who otherwise can't stick up for themselves.

Vick killed dogs who tested poorly in exhibition fights. Well, maybe he deserves the same fate for testing poorly as a NFL QB.

Fock Vick and fock any and all who support/defend him!!! :(

All those who are supporting Vick b/c of his skin color matches their own should be ASHAMED! I wonder if Jeffrey Dahmer was black, would they have supported him too? Would it be "the white man trying to keep the black man down"? Focking BS!

These types of inhumane acts of brutality need to be dealt with as harshly as possible b/c it's the only way we can protect animals who otherwise can't stick up for themselves.

I think 18 months in a federal prison is plenty harsh. It's not like any of Vick's crimes made him a danger to society.

His elite speed is not going to help his ass in prison!

as much as i love dogs i agree that the punishment needs to stay within reasonable limits. but vick losing his nfl career and millions isn't an extra punishment levied by the courts it's just him having more to lose than a lot of us. when comparing punishments across the board it's not reasonable to consider his millions lost and nfl career imo.

1. Rapists ususally don't (see Tyson eventhough it was BS) and shouldn't get less.

2. Vick should get more punishment than a wife beater. Abused women at least have a choice and a lot of times, it's partly their own fault too for sticking around.

The dogs had no choice and you must have no clue as to the extreme suffering and stress that dogs go through when used in dog fighting let along when totured thru neglect, hangings, electricution and drowning. 66 dogs were taken from Vick's property. I'm sure they've all been put down. How many were found burried with mutilated bodies - like 3 dozen? How many more were burried out there in the woods?

Vick killed dogs who tested poorly in exhibition fights. Well, maybe he deserves the same fate for testing poorly as a NFL QB.

Fock Vick and fock any and all who support/defend him!!! :pointstosky:

All those who are supporting Vick b/c of his skin color matches their own should be ASHAMED! I wonder if Jeffrey Dahmer was black, would they have supported him too? Would it be "the white man trying to keep the black man down"? Focking BS!

you are a card carrying peta member aren't you? you obviously have much more sympathy for animals than you do humans. "Abused women at least have a choice and a lot of times, it's partly their own fault too for sticking around." - you got a choice b!tch......either take yo smackdown willingly, or beat it.

you are a card carrying peta member aren't you? you obviously have much more sympathy for animals than you do humans. "Abused women at least have a choice and a lot of times, it's partly their own fault too for sticking around." - you got a choice b!tch......either take yo smackdown willingly, or beat it.

Exactly - "or beat it" - that's their choice. If they want to stick around with a man who is beating them up (which they often do), then they ALMOST deserve what they've got coming. Also. a shiner here or there is not as bad as being forced to fight to the death or being drowned or hung - now is it?

I think 18 months in a federal prison is plenty harsh. It's not like any of Vick's crimes made him a danger to society.

That's a focking stupid thing to say. You can bet your bottom dollar that anyone who is cold-hearted enough to torture animals is sure as hell a danger to society. I'd love to see the rap sheets on those morons attening Vick's dog fights - probably a gang members. Vick himself would be nothing but a banger if he didn't have 4.3 speed.

P.S. Most serial killers start off by toturing animals but you keep telling yourself that what they did wasn't that bad b/c they're "just dogs".

Exactly - "or beat it" - that's there choice. If they want to stick around with a man who is beating them up (which they often do), then they ALMOST deserve what they've got coming. Also. a shiner here or there is not as bad as being forced to fight to the death or being drowned or hung - now is it?

that's a little harsh dude. i don't think it's always that black and white in these relationships.

no woman deserves a beat down for sticking around. the guy who thinks he's pretty damn tough for wacking around his woman deserves electric shock treatment on his balls.

By the way - I'm not yet a PETA card carrying member but I will be one soon and what's wrong with that? Is there something wrong with treating animals ethically? I donate $36 per month to the ASPCA to foster one cat and one dog and I also use to volunteer at the Humane Society but you don't have to be me or a PETA member or even a dog lover or pet owner to feel sorry for those dogs.

And yes, dumb b*tches who fail to leave an abusive spouse/boyfriend deserve less of our sympathy than innocent dogs getting tortured to death.

Abused women at least have a choice and a lot of times, it's partly their own fault too for sticking around.

:huh:

Exactly - "or beat it" - that's there choice. If they want to stick around with a man who is beating them up (which they often do), then they ALMOST deserve what they've got coming.

:huh: :huh:

That's a focking stupid thing to say. You can bet your bottom dollar that anyone who is cold-hearted enough to torture animals is sure as hell a danger to society. I'd love to see the rap sheets on those morons attening Vick's dog fights - probably a gang members. Vick himself would be nothing but a banger if he didn't have 4.3 speed.

P.S. Most serial killers start off by toturing animals but you keep telling yourself that what they did wasn't that bad b/c they're "just dogs".

These dogs were killed as a result of dog-fighting operations. Psycho kids torturing animals is totally different.

Vick is pleading guilty to federal charges brought under federal criminal statutes in federal court, and will therefore be sent to a federal prison. Both state and federal prisons can be very bad, very dangerous. I think the more important question you are getting at is what level of federal prison (minimum security or something more serious). The SuperMax facilities, for example, are maximum security for the most dangerous high profile criminals, holding for example, Theodore Kaczynski, the Unabomber, Dandeny Muñoz Mosquera, former chief assassin for the Medellín Cartel of Colombia, Terry Nichols, conspirator in the Oklahoma City bombing, Richard Reid, the "shoe bomber," Eric Robert Rudolph, abortion clinic and 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bomber, Zacarias Moussaoui, the alleged "20th hijacker" in the September 11, 2001 attacks, and Ramzi Yusef, the original World Trade Center bomber. I think it is unlikely Vick will join the shoe bomber.

Geography will matter, as he is likely to be placed at a facility close to Virginia. Here is the link to the federal prisons likely to be on the list. My guess would be that he would be placed at a minimum or medium security facility. No matter where is he placed, I would expect he would be placed in isolation most of the time to keep him safe from other prisoners. That would probably be true in state prison as well. Don't forget, the state District Attorney has indicated that he will file state charges under state statutes against Vick as well, so he may end up doing time in both.

Not sure if you were looking for a serious answer, but that's my best shot at it.

By the way - I'm not yet a PETA card carrying member but I will be one soon and what's wrong with that? Is there something wrong with treating animals ethically? I donate $36 per month to the ASPCA to foster one cat and one dog and I also use to volunteer at the Humane Society but you don't have to be me or a PETA member or even a dog lover or pet owner to feel sorry for those dogs.

And yes, dumb b*tches who fail to leave an abusive spouse/boyfriend deserve less of our sympathy than innocent dogs getting tortured to death.

There is nothing wrong with desiring the ethical treatment of animals imo. The problem i have is with animal rights folks who care more about animals than they do humans. I disagree with their priorities.

Seems many animal rights folks are pretty cynical and assume the worst in humans all the time. I have the same feelings toward many people but choose to fight it.

What Vick and his cronies have done is dispicable in my eyes. He deserves whatever punishment he gets from the judge. But I don't equate Vick's life to any of those dogs. Also, I believe Vick could still do an awful lot of good in this world. Probably a lot of good for animals.

The city Dog pound to rot in a kennel with a pack of hungry pitbulls.

I don't think you have be "a card carrying PETA member" to think it's pretty deplorable the way dogs in these operations are treated. I for one am not but as a dog owner (a mutt adopted from the humane society) I am VERY appalled and offended by Vick and think what he did is sick and deserves 5 yrs (the max sentence).

:huh:

I don't think you have be "a card carrying PETA member" to think it's pretty deplorable the way dogs in these operations are treated. I for one am not but as a dog owner (a mutt adopted from the humane society) I am VERY appalled and offended by Vick and think what he did is sick and deserves 5 yrs (the max sentence).

:mad:

<_<

Yeah, I agree. 18 Months is fine. I'd even allow him back in the NFL after he got out of jail and served his NFL suspension (probably another year or 2). But will there be an organization stupid enough to sign him? You wouldn't think so, but you never know...

Despite his acts of cruelty and criminal behavior, I don't want him to get raped in prison. I don't despise the guy THAT much.

Fock Vick and fock any and all who support/defend him!!! <_<

You are an idiot. Beating your wife is by far a more serious offense, the two should not even be mentioned in the same discussion. We are talking about DOGS here, not human beings.

that's a little harsh dude. i don't think it's always that black and white in these relationships.

no woman deserves a beat down for sticking around. the guy who thinks he's pretty damn tough for wacking around his woman deserves electric shock treatment on his balls.

Look man, I personally don't beat women (never have, never will) and my ex-wife was a super pain in the a$$ who probably could've used at least a good shaking but one would have to admit that women who stick around in abusive relationships at least share some responsibility. Of course it's the man who is committing the crime and the woman isn't at "fault" but if she had the chance to leave and didn't take it....

Well, those dogs didn't even have the chance to leave Mike Vick or his Bad News Kennels crew. They were stuck there. They couldn't complain. They couldn't call 911. They had to suffer and die and Mike Vick doing a year stint in a creampuff jail and not getting to play a game surely doesn't bring justice to those dogs who suffered so much.

These dogs were killed as a result of dog-fighting operations. Psycho kids torturing animals is totally different.

Excuse me? How is hanging, drowning or electricuting dogs part of "dog fighting"? Torturing animals is torturing animals and dog fighting alone is torture to those dogs let alone the brutal killings. How is this different?

How is hanging, drowning or electricuting dogs part of "dog fighting"?

Losing dogs probably cost the operators money, so I assume they took out their frustrations. As horrible as that is, it doesn't mean they're future serial killers like kids who torture animals out of morbid curiosity. The comparison is meaningless IMO.

You are an idiot. Beating your wife is by far a more serious offense, the two should not even be mentioned in the same discussion. We are talking about DOGS here, not human beings.

You're a focking scumbag to devalue dogs' lives like that. How could some dumb ho getting a shiner b/c she's too stupid to leave some abusive man even be compared to dogs being tortured to death.

A woman who is beaten for the 1st time - I could feel sorry for but a woman who keeps going back for more...dumb, dumb dumb.

Those dogs didn't just get beaten. They got tortured to death. I could think of a lot of dogs lives that I'd value over peoples' lives - especially people like you!

Look man, I personally don't beat women (never have, never will) and my ex-wife was a super pain in the a$$ who probably could've used at least a good shaking but one would have to admit that women who stick around in abusive relationships at least share some responsibility. Of course it's the man who is committing the crime and the woman isn't at "fault" but if she had the chance to leave and didn't take it....

How could some dumb ho getting a shiner b/c she's too stupid to leave some abusive man even be compared to dogs being tortured to death.

A woman who is beaten for the 1st time - I could feel sorry for but a woman who keeps going back for more...dumb, dumb dumb.

:huh: :huh: :huh: