Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Larry Johnson At Practice

Guys,

Just listening to Sports Radio 810 in KC, they're reporting Larry Johnson has hit the practice field. I'm sure we'll get more details here in a few minutes but perhaps the holdout is over.

but you do know what this means now.. he isn't going to run as hard like he used to.. he got his money and just like any big time players who get their money, they always perform a lot less compared to prievous years. what you all think ? true or not ? Also, one more note, after a big contract like this, the player usually gets nicked up during the season. He got his money and he knows that the team sucks, so why try hard anymore ? just a thought !

but you do know what this means now.. he isn't going to run as hard like he used to.. he got his money and just like any big time players who get their money, they always perform a lot less compared to prievous years. what you all think ? true or not ? Also, one more note, after a big contract like this, the player usually gets nicked up during the season. He got his money and he knows that the team sucks, so why try hard anymore ? just a thought !

yeah, like Peyton, Or LT2.....

It goes both ways, I think he'll perform (not an owner)

Not bad timing. LJ didn't need the preseason up to this point, he trains his a$$ off already. Now a couple carries in the next 1/2 preseason games and he'll be fine.

Should now be a lock at #3 in drafts.

:music_guitarred:

Didn't they make the playoffs last year?

:music_guitarred:

Didn't they make the playoffs last year?

In case you haven't noticed they have a rookie QB this year. Also, the O-Line is not as strong.

In case you haven't noticed they have a rookie QB this year. Also, the O-Line is not as strong.

Croyle's not a rookie and may be a step up from what the Chiefs had most of the season last year. Trent Green wasn't 100% most of last year and Huard has NFL journeyman written all over him. Also, losing his all pro, all everything tackle in roaf last year hurt him to the tune of 2200 total yards and 19 td's. How much could losing a guard hurt him now? Also, a young QB may choose to lean on LJ out of the backfield more like Huard did last season. LJ's receiving numbers may be nice.

When all's said and done, there may be guys who took SJ who are crying for letting LJ pass by.

Johnson's contract is worth $45 million, with $19 million guaranteed. Of the guaranteed money, $12 million is the signing bonus and $7 million is guaranteed salary.

per ESPN

i got LJ in the 5th yesterday. now hes back to top 3 :overhead: :rolleyes: :)

:dunno:

i got LJ in the 5th yesterday. now hes back to top 3 :overhead: :rolleyes: :)

5th round or 5th pick? If it is round, your leaguemates are idiots :dunno:

Johnson's contract is worth $45 million, with $19 million guaranteed. Of the guaranteed money, $12 million is the signing bonus and $7 million is guaranteed salary.

per ESPN

Here's the article on that: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2984649

I'm curious to see what year(s) the $7m in guaranteed salary applies to.

Mike, you in KC too...who knew?

I expect Priest is being shopped around with no bites. I cannot see him make the team. He was cleared for Sunday and the Chiefs gave various excuses of needing Carl Peterson ok to take him off the PUP list, needing doctors ok, Priest claimed he wasn't ready yet per Edwards, ect.....

Croyle's not a rookie and may be a step up from what the Chiefs had most of the season last year. Trent Green wasn't 100% most of last year and Huard has NFL journeyman written all over him. Also, losing his all pro, all everything tackle in roaf last year hurt him to the tune of 2200 total yards and 19 td's. How much could losing a guard hurt him now? Also, a young QB may choose to lean on LJ out of the backfield more like Huard did last season. LJ's receiving numbers may be nice.

When all's said and done, there may be guys who took SJ who are crying for letting LJ pass by.

I would argue that losing all pro, all everything guard in Will Shields will hurt him much worse than losing Roaf. The guards are the ones that pull during running plays. I think his departure will have more of an effect than people are expecting.

I certainly wouldn't criticize anyone for picking him third, but I wouldn't consider him a "lock" at 3 as much as LT and SJ are locks at 1 and 2. He has just as many questions surround him/his team as Gore/Addai/SA etc.

Kudos to both he and the Chiefs for making it work.... :shocking:

I would argue that losing all pro, all everything guard in Will Shields will hurt him much worse than losing Roaf. The guards are the ones that pull during running plays. I think his departure will have more of an effect than people are expecting.

I certainly wouldn't criticize anyone for picking him third, but I wouldn't consider him a "lock" at 3 as much as LT and SJ are locks at 1 and 2. He has just as many questions surround him/his team as Gore/Addai/SA etc.

don't quote me on this but wasn't roaf known for being one of the best pulling tackles ever and usually led the play if it was headed to the left side?

any KC fans in the house that can answer this for sure?

you know how in the history of ever, nobody who has had more than 400 carries in a season has done well the next season, and usually get's injured the next season?

I wonder if maybe this holdout was a good thing for LJ.

Think about it, he would have had 200+ rushing attempts in training camp.

But now he's gonna be that much more fresh.

The other end of that would be that maybe he's not in the best football shape, and that could make him get injured faster.

I think it helps him more than potential injury risks.

you know how in the history of ever, nobody who has had more than 400 carries in a season has done well the next season, and usually get's injured the next season?

I wonder if maybe this holdout was a good thing for LJ.

Think about it, he would have had 200+ rushing attempts in training camp.

But now he's gonna be that much more fresh.

The other end of that would be that maybe he's not in the best football shape, and that could make him get injured faster.

I think it helps him more than potential injury risks.

It's possible. I would think with the holdout, he'd be more likely to get hurt in weeks 1 or 2 due to being rusty, but less likely to get hurt in midseason due to being fresher than if he had participated in training camp. Either way I don't like his chances to last into December.

:shocking:

:banana:

:banana:

and

:shocking:

As an LJ owner in a keeper league! All doubters will pay! LJ will be back and PISSED with all the people doubting him and grampa Holmes in camp.

1700 and 18! Write it down!

While this is great news especially for Chiefs fans this doesn't erase the fact that he was WAY overused last year, they still have no qb and his 0-line is nothing like it was just 2 short years ago, IMO still not the consensus #3 pick.

i got LJ in the 5th yesterday. now hes back to top 3 :nono: :music_guitarred: :overhead:

I was just thinking about joining a league with a bunch of kids from the Special Olympics as well, but decided volunteering is enough. I'll let them have their fun.

Anyone who had him downgraded and now bumped back up because of the holdout does not watch or pay attention to actual football.

Star players don't miss seasons due to holdout. It just doesn't happen. You knew all along he would be there opening day.

Take a look at his numbers to left side from 2005 to 2006... you see something? I do, a YPC avg that dropped in half after the loss of Roaf the left side was his bread and butter! Now take a look at his stats up the middle... what do you think is gonna happen when his Pro-Bowl Guard is no longer there and some jamoke is filling in his stead? The numbers speak for themselves. Look he's a phenomenal athlete no one doubts that, but between the deterioration of his O-line and at least a 20% cut in his touches how can you honestly say you think he;s gonna have a better year? If he does 75% of what he did last year I'd be surprised, still a very solid performance but certainly not worth drafting over SJax or even Gore for that matter who both look to have tremendous years.

2005 stats

ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

Right Side 39 140 3.6 24 2 9 99 11.0 36 0 1 1

Left Side 57 282 4.9 30 4 11 121 11.0 30 0 0 0

Middle 135 680 5.0 49 6 5 40 8.0 17 0 2 2

Left Sideline 69 436 6.3 46 6 4 50 12.5 28 1 2 1

Right Sideline 36 212 5.9 28 2 2 12 6.0 11 0 0 0

ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

Right Side 57 140 2.5 16 0 12 111 9.3 27 0 1 1

Left Side 68 284 4.2 19 4 11 145 13.2 78 0 0 0

Middle 199 950 4.8 47 9 6 56 9.3 14 2 1 1

Left Sideline 50 153 3.1 18 3 7 64 9.1 25 0 0 0

Right Sideline 42 262 6.2 45 1 5 34 6.8 18 0 0 0

Take a look at his numbers to left side from 2005 to 2006... you see something?

You mean Left Sideline.

At any rate, I agree with your point. People who downplay the loss of Will Shields are wishful thinkers. People who still downplay the loss of Roaf are simply blind. Larry Johnson put up good stats last year without Roaf because he carried the ball more times than anyone had, ever. But his effectiveness was much less than it had been the year before, to the tune of 0.9 fewer yards per carry, and fewer TDs despite all the extra carries, and all the extra games as a starter.

print em

playoff tickets

also Chiefs 2, Raiders 0

:)