Sign in to follow this  
Yippie Skippy

Corey Dillon. Will your league allow him?

I am looking for some straight up feedback.

Dillon is not in the yahoo system. I dropped a player from my roster and requested him on the message board as others have done with Hester and Priest. Hester was in the system as only a def player.

The sticking point is the commish says that Hester and Priest were on an NFL roster. I pointed out that I added Culpepper to my team at a time (between his being cut from the Dolphins and before he signed with the Raiders), when he had the exact same NFL status as Dillon. Because Culpepper was already in the Yahoo system I was able to add him to my roster.

Currently the FFToday geek league I am in is voting whether or not I should be able to add Dillon to my roster. I was the first and only person to speak up for him. We have a 20 man roster and I think Dillon is worth that flyer on. He has not filed his retirement players and is currently an unrestricted free agent.

Am I wrong in thinking that Dillon is available everywhere outside of the yahoo universe?? Could any of you see your leagues not allowing an owner to draft Dillon??

If someone in my elague wanted to pick up Dillon, they can. I might even let them pick up themselves if they want. What the fock do I care if they want to pick up a bunch of guys that aren't on a team?

I am currently in the same position with Gary Russell, i believe he has the greatest chance of anyone currently on the steelers roster to be the heir apperent to FWP. It is a dynasty team hosted by myfantasyleague.com and he isnt in there database yet. I put in the request about 4-5 days ago, and i really should get him, because i emailed the commish and have talked to him about it, and i know no one else in the league has. We have 33 people on our roster(35 with IR spots, although its idp)

No reason you shouldn't be able to draft him. Think back to the year Barry Sanders retired. Many owners were taking mid to late round flyers on him hoping for his return. I don't know if he will come back or not but if you feel strongly about it I would insist.

Guest _my_2_cents_

:angry:

I haven't even checked the league page in days. I wonder how many have voiced their opinions?

As the commish in his league, I simply said to put it up to vote.

....that way I don't need to deal with it. :angry:

If someone in my elague wanted to pick up Dillon, they can. I might even let them pick up themselves if they want. What the fock do I care if they want to pick up a bunch of guys that aren't on a team?

:wub:

:lol:

I haven't even checked the league page in days. I wonder how many have voiced their opinions?

As the commish in his league, I simply said to put it up to vote.

....that way I don't need to deal with it. :wub:

If you truthfully didn't want to deal with it you would not of put it to a vote. Regardless that you really have no reason to oppose it, you did.

Currently we do not have enough votes to oppose it. The rule to oppose a trade is two days. I claimed Dillon on AUG 16.

What part do you still not get??

if culpepper was available, then dillon should be too. it is yahoos fault, the fantasy manager shouldnt have to suffer for yahoos idiocy

I am currently in the same position with Gary Russell, i believe he has the greatest chance of anyone currently on the steelers roster to be the heir apperent to FWP. It is a dynasty team hosted by myfantasyleague.com and he isnt in there database yet. I put in the request about 4-5 days ago, and i really should get him, because i emailed the commish and have talked to him about it, and i know no one else in the league has. We have 33 people on our roster(35 with IR spots, although its idp)

I guarantee Russell will be drafted in both of my keeper leagues, likely by me in the last round (16).

And I guarantee my leagues will let me draft him also.

CBS Sportsline and Fanball both list Dillon as a free agent, thus draftable.

He's not currently on an NFL roster. That doesn't mean he won't be in 2007. And he has not announced his retirement.

On the other side of the coin, college players are not on NFL rosters. And you don't see Darren McFadden or John David Booty available to draft...til next year :wub:

If you truthfully didn't want to deal with it you would not of put it to a vote. Regardless that you really have no reason to oppose it, you did.

Currently we do not have enough votes to oppose it. The rule to oppose a trade is two days. I claimed Dillon on AUG 16.

You're a focking drama queen. Just pick up your stupid retired back and be done with it.

Nobody in the league cares man. If we did, we would have voted.

There was really no need to devote a whole thread on FFT crying about it. If you want to act like a girl, go over to our geek league forum.

You're a focking drama queen. Just pick up your stupid retired back and be done with it.

There was really no need to devote a whole thread on FFT crying about it. If you want to act like a girl, go over to our geek league forum.

:pointstosky:

I tried that and you objected. If you did not care then why were YOU the one who was the first to say that he is not even on a roster??

Yes I have noticed how little the league cares. YOU were the one who cried about it first. Had you not cared it would of never even gone to a vote. When I made my claim for Dillon I had no idea that I would face opposition like you in a free, meant for fun league.

I just asked for feedback from FFTodayers to hopefully give me a new perspective on a fantasy relevent topic of whether or not a player is eligible to be drafted or added to a ff team

if he is not currently on a NFL team.

Guest _my_2_cents_

I didn't oppose it. I put it up for league vote like we did with the Hester pick.

Thought we should be consistent. :lol:

Guest _my_2_cents_

:argue:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest _my_2_cents_
I just asked for feedback from FFTodayers to hopefully give me a new perspective on a fantasy relevent topic of whether or not a player is eligible to be drafted or added to a ff team

if he is not currently on a NFL team.

I think it's more an exercise in ball busting at this point. Seriously - go pick up Dillon. Pencil him in. Enjoy.

I think he should be available to you. I would have allowed him to be drfated in my recent draft. Yahoo is wacky like that.

take dillon. and while yer at it, be sure to snag stump mitchell, chuck foreman, & dave krieg - just incase. :doublethumbsup: :rolleyes:

Ya, I mean, in my leagues you could pick up Barbara Bush if you think she's got a chance at toten the rock.

take dillon. and while yer at it, be sure to snag stump mitchell, chuck foreman, & dave krieg - just incase. :music_guitarred: :cheers:

Don't forget barry sanders. I hear he is making a comeback.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

moved to Jerry Porter Was a Dumb Pick Forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I voted no, but I'm breaking down from your crying. I change my vote to YES!

Pick up your nuts and and a box of tissues while you're at it.

This is serious business!

If it was not an issue then why did it come to a vote?

If it was not an issue then why did it come to a vote?

I have no idea. Someone else claimed Hester earlier and we voted on that, now we're voting on this. We have more elections than your local Lions Club.

All jokes and ball busting aside, here's my opinion.

You work within the restraints and structure of the league hosting you. If you go to a private school that only allows you to wear plaid, the school down the street wearing white has no relevance. You just deal with it, and move on. We're men, we deal with crap, that's what we do.

For instance, in my bigger $ league last year and the whole Colston thing. Nobody gave a crap that Yahoo allowed him to play at TE. One guy was the lucky one with the foresight to pick him up and that was that. Nobody started throwing a fit, posting on our forum, etc. etc. This league is playing for several thousand dollars and nobody made a peep. I can only imagine the kind of drama that went on in the JPWADP league about it.

It just seems like, we've got a couple REALLY competitive, sexually deprived guys who take everything way more serious than everyone else.

I find the whole thing completely comical, so I bust balls. That's my modus operandi.

:dunno:

Guest _my_2_cents_
I find the whole thing completely comical, so I bust balls. That's my modus operandi.

:ninja:

This is pretty much where I've been falling on this one. :banana:

The reason it was put up for a vote was bewcause early on in the season a league member essentially said that the commish had NO RESPONSIBILITY except to prevent cheating and that ANY DECISION should be put up to league vote. others in the league supported this, so there it is. Everything goes up for vote. The people had spoken. :ninja:

When Hester wasn't available and a member called "dibbs" on him, as commish I was ready to make a call right then & there. You called dibbs, you get him. But then I recalled the vote issue that had been raised and decided that to be fair I'd put it up to vote.

Now this one came along and I'm suppossed to just grant the request? Hell no - it's not my responsibility to make these kinds of decisions - the league has spoken. So this one's up for vote to and if Yippy don't like it, Yippy can piss and moan all he wants - it's still going up for vote. And if I recall, Yip was one of Ace's supporters on this topic, so there ya go.

File this one under "M" for making your bed then laying in it. If the league allowed me to make these sorts of judgement calls like I do in the $ league I commission Yip would already have Dillon on his roster. So I guess he can thank Ace and his supporters for this one.

:lol:

Not gonna lie...perhaps one of the most comical/meaningless threads ever. I like the idea of busting balls (threatened to lynch my work league commish for changing the points for a missed PAT from -1 to -2, we all had a good laugh, etc), and let's be serious...there was noone? Not another soul in the entire NFL more likely to make an impact than Dillon, who doesn't appear to be in heavy talks with anyone? How many bench spots do you have, 23? Because I can think of a whole list of players to pick up. Shoot, Domanick Williams (changed from Davis I believe) could make more of an impact. What about Mike Anderson, Michael Pittman, Michael Bennett, Adrian Peterson (Chi) just to name a few. More power to ya for being so devoted to Corey Dillon. Man needs all the help he can get, and so do you if you are really banking on him making an impact.

This is pretty much where I've been falling on this one. :dunno:

The reason it was put up for a vote was bewcause early on in the season a league member essentially said that the commish had NO RESPONSIBILITY except to prevent cheating and that ANY DECISION should be put up to league vote. others in the league supported this, so there it is. Everything goes up for vote. The people had spoken. :lol:

When Hester wasn't available and a member called "dibbs" on him, as commish I was ready to make a call right then & there. You called dibbs, you get him. But then I recalled the vote issue that had been raised and decided that to be fair I'd put it up to vote.

Now this one came along and I'm suppossed to just grant the request? Hell no - it's not my responsibility to make these kinds of decisions - the league has spoken. So this one's up for vote to and if Yippy don't like it, Yippy can piss and moan all he wants - it's still going up for vote. And if I recall, Yip was one of Ace's supporters on this topic, so there ya go.

File this one under "M" for making your bed then laying in it. If the league allowed me to make these sorts of judgement calls like I do in the $ league I commission Yip would already have Dillon on his roster. So I guess he can thank Ace and his supporters for this one.

:shocking:

Don't all these new players enter the system on waivers anyways? It's not like they drop out of the sky into the free agent pool. If you want a guy who's not in the system, keep an eye on the active roster of the host site, make a waiver claim for the guy when he becomes available, be over it. If you don't want to waste your WW priority on the guy, let him clear and try to pick him up. This whole voting for things and making dibbs on players is completely unnecessary.

Somebody besides myself has to see how retarded this whole thing is! I feel like I'm in the focking twilight zone!

Guest _my_2_cents_
Don't all these new players enter the system on waivers anyways? It's not like they drop out of the sky into the free agent pool. If you want a guy who's not in the system, keep an eye on the active roster of the host site, make a waiver claim for the guy when he becomes available, be over it. If you don't want to waste your WW priority on the guy, let him clear and try to pick him up. This whole voting for things and making dibbs on players is completely unnecessary.

Somebody besides myself has to see how retarded this whole thing is! I feel like I'm in the focking twilight zone!

when mobb_deep becomes the voice of reason, we're all in deep trouble.

:overhead:

You really know what it feels like in two weeks :whip smacking mobb deep's emoticon: !

As long as he is alive and meets the minimum physical requirements to play (can walk). I see no reason why the league should not grant you this.

I might add it may not be very wise, but you are an adult.