Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Randy Moss

I like him in the 4th round. Brady has been looking for a guy like this FOREVER.

Belichek handled Dillon pretty well. Any thoughts?

bust... if you consider 800 6 tds being a bust...randy moss will never get enough looks in NE to become a fantasy stud again plus randy is not even close to the same randy he was in minnesota

bust... if you consider 800 6 tds being a bust...randy moss will never get enough looks in NE to become a fantasy stud again plus randy is not even close to the same randy he was in minnesota

bitter Raiders fan :dunno:

4th round he's a good gamble. He's bulked up, faster, and determined to prove his career isn't over.

HE has given/shown us no reason to think he'll be nothing but a BUST AGAIN. Time will tell, but the 8 Ball says, "Outlook not so good".

bust... if you consider 800 6 tds being a bust...

agreed

Lets see

He now plays for a top 3 QB

His team has a great line that can enable the long route to work

Already getting along great with Brady

If Moss has anyhting less than 80 - 1250 - 14 I would be shocked !

Belichick is playing safe. Its the stupid preseason. He is not going to risk anything stupid happening. Randy was doing very well in training camp. He'll be in when it counts. He's going to have a decent season. I think that the prediction of 1200 12 TDs is a good guess. Randy does have something to prove. It will keep him honest.

Belichick is playing safe. Its the stupid preseason. He is not going to risk anything stupid happening. Randy was doing very well in training camp. He'll be in when it counts. He's going to have a decent season. I think that the prediction of 1200 12 TDs is a good guess. Randy does have something to prove. It will keep him honest.

a man who knows the Pats....Adam Schefter spoke about the subject yesterday. Randy is sitting in the garage waiting for the show to start....get your popcorn.

Ill say Bust also, not because I dont think he wont have decent no's maybe 900, and 8tds, but because someone in my leagues will take him far too soon then the 7th round I would take him.

Id take Housh, Reg Brown, Driver over him any day of the week, and since this is Football 3x on sundays

All the talk that the Patriots never produce stud WR's is overblown. Deion Branch is the best WR they've had, and he's not on the same galaxy as Randy Moss as far as WR ability goes. And I still like Branch a lot (you don't break a Super Bowl record for catches by accident). Corey Dillon was a stud his first season with the Pats, coming off a year with turmoil with his former team and a down year statistically. I see the Moss situation playing out the same. Peyton Manning spreads the ball around as well in his offense, yet he'll still get the ball to his stud receivers. Brady will utilize his stud WR.

That being said, the safe bet is to assume WR2 numbers out of him. 1,100 yards and 8 TD's is my conservative estimate and he could perhaps be better than that, depending on what Belichick and McDaniels has planned for the offense. Moss is being drafted in the 4th round as a WR2 and to me that sounds just about right. Too many people have been burnt by him over the past season or two, so his stock is low all things considered. I see the same with LaMont Jordan...being taken waaaay too low, should outproduce his ADP.

I love Randy, think he's the best WR when healthy, but that stinking hammy has cost him 4 years. It won't hold up for the whole season.

Randy is sitting in the garage waiting for the show to start....get your popcorn.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with this statement. Belichek is no rookie coach. He knows what he's doing. I have a feeling that Moss and Brady are working out together somewhere indoors away from camera lenses.

I'm nervous of Moss with the Pats this year.

Signed,

Jet Fan

I don't think he will be a bust. Tom Brady will be looking for him a lot more than everybody thinks. I think he is going to be just fine in NE since he is now on a winning team. I guess we will have to just wait and see.

I see 1000 yds and 8-9 TD's

I won't roll the dice on him. I took Lee Evans instead the other day.

He's worth a shot in the 4th round for sure. Minny was crumbling with Tice not knowing what the heck he was doing and Duante's failing health. Oakland had a bed and breakfast offensive coordinator and absolutely no hope. Moss has NEVER been in such a professional, no b.s winning environment and will toe the line. Guys like Bellicheck, Brady and Rodney Harrison are not going to deal with him acting like a prima donna. Sure, if you pick him in the 4th round he may only give you 900 yards and 7TDs, but he might also EXPLODE.

Randy will not top 1000 yards or 10 TD's again in his career. Plus, Brady likes to distribute the ball, he does not care who he is thowing it to, he won't be zeroing in on Randy like Culpecker did when Randy was good.

I like him in the 4th round. Brady has been looking for a guy like this FOREVER.

Belichek handled Dillon pretty well. Any thoughts?

Three Super Bowl championships, a league record for the most consecutive passes without an interception to start a career, a streak of 147 postseason passes without an interception. Yeah...I can see how Brady has been lacking FOREVER. Moss wasn't worth a 4th rounder last year and he underperformed even then. Sure Belichek can handle him...by distributing the ball evenly and making Moss part of a team and not a prima donna. Personally wouldn't pass up on guys like Andre Johnson, Colston, Houshmandzadeh, Driver, Walker and Evans to get Moss.

It's important to keep in mind that Moss is suffering from a bad hamstring injury, and you need look no further than his teammate Donte Stallworthless to know how that kind of thing can be an issue all season. I had my doubts about Randy's ability to produce in this offense even before he was injured...my concerns have only shot up during his complete absence this preseason.

As a Patriots fan I am thrilled he is here. As a fantasy player forget it until later in the draft. He's off my draft board because I know someone in our league will take him too high. Brady will throw to the open receiver and almost never looks at one player. He sees the whole field and doesn't care who gets the catches. I am hoping Moss buys into the system. He will have some huge games and some games at one or two catches. Good Luck

I see 1000 yds and 8-9 TD's

I won't roll the dice on him. I took Lee Evans instead the other day.

You got it exactly right. 1000 yds and 8-9 TDs

While Brady is known for getting the ball to a ton of different people I think Moss will have a relatively good season. He will be drafted ahead of where he should but he won't be a bust unless he's injured. He should crack 1000 yards and 8-9 TD's. Brady himself said that he's never had a WR like Moss who he can just put up a jump ball to and know his WR is going to catch it.

Randy will not top 1000 yards or 10 TD's again in his career. Plus, Brady likes to distribute the ball, he does not care who he is thowing it to, he won't be zeroing in on Randy like Culpecker did when Randy was good.

Even though this statement is true above, this is the EXACT same thing people said about McNabb when TO came to town. As we all seen, things change when a top WR is in town.

Didn't Donovan McNabb spread the ball around before T.O. arrived in Philly? Sorry, if Tom Brady knows he has a WR on the field like Moss he will definitely feed him the ball especially in the red zone.

You got it exactly right. 1000 yds and 8-9 TDs

Not bad for a #2 WR taken in the 4th. There might be some #1 WRs taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds who wont put up those numbers. Gotta remember where he's going in most drafts. You probably wont see him going before round 4. If so, he'll probably put up similar numbers as good #2 WRs, and better than some #1s. I took a shot and made sure I have a decent #3 WR in case he flames.

moss is 30 owens is 33. i got moss for 15$ while owens went for 31$ in my auction draft today. though no one predicted suicidal owens would be the leading td reciever last year with 13 tds, surely moss is worth more than half of owens value. cj went for 42 ss for 51 and rw for 51. if moss gets me 8 tds then rw better come up with about 25tds to be worth it.

He is in a perfect situation to have an awesome comeback, so I will take the gamble on him and draft him. In my 14 team league I drafted him at the end of the third round. I consider myself to be a pretty good fantasy player, my teams always make the playoffs and occasionally win championships. I have never been in the cellar in my main money league and it's because I am not scared to make a bold prediction once in a while rather than just following all the group-think. If you know how to draft good depth, then you should gamble on Moss because he has a bigger upside than 99% of the receivers out there. There is no other wide receiver out there with as much talent as Moss who is getting drafted so late (besides Calvin Johnson, but he's still a rookie) Get him while he is still under-valued!