Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Who is the next stud Wide Receiver?

Bernard Berrian

He had a terrific year last year and has looked great in the pre-season. While Grossman does throw a lot of interceptions, he also throws a lot of deep balls. The Bears have good depth at both WR and TE now, so he should get lots of opportunities. Even if he improves just a little bit from last year, he could be a top 10 receiver.

Sure hope your right about Berrian. But his new quarterback next year is Travaris Jackson he only threw 9 TDs last year.

braylon and marshall have arrived; braylon especially has destroyed my motto of "all michigan wrs are broke until proven otherwise"---he proved otherwise!

calvin has the skills and tools to dominate---not sure the team and qb just yet.

the charger guys tickle the palate, and maybe in 1-2 yrs if tomlinson decreases his stats, they become more of a passing team with enough air stats for gates and a wr or 2.

jennings has arrived as a viable deep threat and slant runner in the packer pass game who can continue to post high stats.

i place andre johnson on this list, cause i dont feel he is as great as people feel him to be, at least until now; however, he showed that if healthy, he can use his tools and rightfully post yds and TDs weekly for top-end annual stats and crack the top8 guys list (guy averaged per week better than all wrs except moss).

i place andre johnson on this list, cause i dont feel he is as great as people feel him to be, at least until now; however, he showed that if healthy, he can use his tools and rightfully post yds and TDs weekly for top-end annual stats and crack the top8 guys list (guy averaged per week better than all wrs except moss).

I would imagine most people have AJ in the top 4-5, i dont think he is a sleeper.

I would imagine most people have AJ in the top 4-5, i dont think he is a sleeper.

well, i was more aiming at the phrase "stud wr" as opposed to "sleeper". sorry.

i know AJ has been rated top20 for a few seasons now, but i just never thought of him as that awesome (i questioned his pro bowl season of 1100-6, when more worthy guys (bennett had 1200-11) and even similar stat guys (bruce 1300-6, jimmy smith 1100-6) at the time got snubbed).

anyone think jerry porter will be any good in jacksonville? its hard becaz we havent seen him play in a long time, and we logically believe his game will have dropped off after the layoff.

but if he kept his workout regimen and stayed in good shape...lining up, running out there and just the whole mental part of the game is like riding a bike. You don't forget how to do it. if he is motivated I think he can go for 1200 and double-digit TDs.

Garrard looks like hes a player and Porter will be the best weapon he's had IMO.

Why so high on Vincent Jackson?

This is the correct answer.

I spent $4 to get Edwards in my 12 team 18 roster spot $200 auction draft. Needles to say I was happy!

:thumbsdown: :banana:

Going into my keeper draft I was high on Lee Evens and VJ. Both were gone before I drafted. I took Brandon Marshall with a late pick. Best pick I made in the past 5 years and I have all of you that pimped him on this board to thank for it.

thanks

If the Vikings move one of their 2nd rouders for Sage I'd like Sydney Rice in 08.

mario manningham will be a great NFL WR. All Big Ten WRs for that matter!!!

I don't see it at all. From this draft, give me Devin Thomas, Kelly if he's healthy, James Hardy, and Earl Bennett.

I don't see it at all. From this draft, give me Devin Thomas, Kelly if he's healthy, James Hardy, and Earl Bennett.

Devin is the top WR prospect in this draft in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Out of the 2008 posts in this thread, I'm seeing lots of mention of Dwayne Bowe, but not any mention of Calvin Johnson. Now that he has a year under his belt, what are people thinking? Will he still be the mega-stud that many were saying last year already, or have people already soured on him?

Gawd I hope so!!! He's my #1 WR in a 10-team league along with WR2 SHolmes and WR3 KCurtis .... which all makes me sick. :cry:

But we had an INSANE WR run in 2nd round which brought to my lap RB LMaroney at 2.09, paired with my 1st pick of 1.02 RB SJax. Best RB duo by far in my league!!!

I think if you tell a team their weak spot is in WR then they drafted correctly :nono:

Wow. That was one helluva team you had there, buddy. :shocking:

Why so high on Vincent Jackson?

o.p. was august 2007. alot of us were high on him at that time.

good call to the o.p. on Marshall though. :shocking:

Hoping for big things out of Hardy in Buffalo. :unsure: Mario may have to wait a bit, stuck behind a few in NY.

mario manningham will be a great NFL WR. All Big Ten WRs for that matter!!!

Seems like with Big Ten WRs they are either feast or famine

For every Edwards there's a David Terrell

For every Burress there's a Charles Rogers

That being said, I like Manningham for next year.

Love Hardy Buff. this year.

Calvin Johnson is far more talented than Randy Moss upon entering the league. I see no reason why he won't put up 1000 yards, whether he is deemed 'starter' or not for game 1.

Playing against the #2/3 CB is only going to help

your nuts, Randy has always had the talent, it was his reputation and attitude that let him slip to the Vikings.

I wasted a sixth round pick on Megatron last year even though I supposedly believe the axiom about rookie WRs. Looked pretty good until hurt his hip, and still showed enough to make me believe Calvin is the next great one.

I think Braylon Edwards is on the right track to get there. I love Dwayne Bowe, but not sure the Chiefs will put up enough points for him to be a fantasy "stud" anytime soon. There are a lot of great talents at the WR position in the league. Here are the ones I like to be potential studs. When we say stud, I think of TO, Moss, Rice, Harrison, etc. Guys that put up numbers year after year for a long time.

Braylon Edwards

Dwayne Bowe

Calvin Johnson

Marcus Monk

Andre Johnson

I don't much talk about Ted Ginn. I know he's lacking a QB worthy of throwing the ball, but this kid is fast. He could outrun the defense with a strong armed QB. I like him as sleeper pick in the closing rounds of a draft.

CJ is talented but that quote is just talking out of your ass. Moss scored like 22 TD's his senior year in college whereas CJ's numbers were solid but not spectacular. The only thing that kept Moss from going after Manning was his off the field issues. Moss was a sure thing as long as he kept himself out of trouble.

Moss had Chad Pennington in college. Johnson had Reggie Ball. You must have never seen Georgia Tech play at this time or you wouldn't have made this argument solely about the stats. Go find a Yellow Jacket forum and ask them about Reggie Ball as a QB and I'm sure they will even tell you that he held Johnson back. In other words, you may wish to check whether those thoughts you put on paper weren't coming out of your jeans, either. I'm not sure I would say Johnson was better than Moss in college, but the fact I'm not saying either way definitively speaks a lot to Johnson right there. Moss is a great receiver and a freakishly good athlete coming into a situation where Cris Carter and Jake Reed were already one of the better 1-2 punches at receiver at the time. They also had a quality RB and a veteran QB. What Moss did was amazing, but we now have overwhelming evidence to suggest that Moss is a terrific player, but even great players need a lot of help to produce great stats (see his time in Oakland as an example).

I think CJ is the next stud WR. If you want to look at stats, think about CJ's yards per catch last year and what he did in limited time. It's a pretty good indicator. The Lions are extremely wise to be playing in this new offensive system. When you have two skilled receivers like they do, it makes sense to balance out the offense with a strong running game rather than try to throw all the time.

One more. If Mike Walker stays healthy, I think he can be a top flight WR in this league.

Brandon Jones and or Roydell Williams.....which ever one can stay healthier

Roddy White. Not enough people are mentioning his name . He is the clear #1 on his team. He is a former 1st rd pick. He is coming off his 3rd year, and is still getting better. He had a big year last season. The "z" position in this offense is the same position that allowed Hines Ward to be a true fantasy #1 WR. The Falcons will be behind in a lot of games imo. He was productive despite some serious mediocrity at QB

Roddy White. Not enough people are mentioning his name . He is the clear #1 on his team. He is a former 1st rd pick. He is coming off his 3rd year, and is still getting better. He had a big year last season. The "z" position in this offense is the same position that allowed Hines Ward to be a true fantasy #1 WR. The Falcons will be behind in a lot of games imo. He was productive despite some serious mediocrity at QB

Good one...I wanted to grab him in a dynasty league draft I'm in the middle of, but he got taken shortly before my pick.

Braylon Edwards and Reggie Wayne are going to dominate this year.

Good one...I wanted to grab him in a dynasty league draft I'm in the middle of, but he got taken shortly before my pick.

Consider yourself lucky. Unless he changes teams, he is focked.

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

Yah I avoided him like the plague. Round after round I saw him sitting there, knowing I needed a WR2. I told myself I'd wait for him to fall, then I'd take Santana, Ward, Evans, Chambers, Coles, or one of the other guys I thought would be drafted after him. Then I start to see all those guys being drafted before him and got a bit worried! Finally he gets picked in the 7th round, and I end up with Chambers the next pick.

I guess at that point White was almost a bargain. The potential is definitely there. I just think he has huge bust potential, for someone who is being drafted as a WR2 in most 12 teams leagues.

Yah I avoided him like the plague. Round after round I saw him sitting there, knowing I needed a WR2. I told myself I'd wait for him to fall, then I'd take Santana, Ward, Evans, Chambers, Coles, or one of the other guys I thought would be drafted after him. Then I start to see all those guys being drafted before him and got a bit worried! Finally he gets picked in the 7th round, and I end up with Chambers the next pick.

I guess at that point White was almost a bargain. The potential is definitely there. I just think he has huge bust potential, for someone who is being drafted as a WR2 in most 12 teams leagues.

:o :thumbsup:

Calvin Johnson is far more talented than Randy Moss upon entering the league. I see no reason why he won't put up 1000 yards, whether he is deemed 'starter' or not for game 1.

Playing against the #2/3 CB is only going to help

far more talented than randy moss? moss scored 17 tds his rookie season and is faster and more atheletic, do you watch football?

You're welcome.

care to explain? I dont remember Atlanta being good last season yet he still produced. What leads you to believe hes "focked" ?

care to explain? I dont remember Atlanta being good last season yet he still produced. What leads you to believe hes "focked" ?

Terrible situation he is for one thing. QB for another. Over rated is even another thing.