Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

Draft day regrets after week 1.

I should win and should be the high scoring team in my league. However, drafting Reggie Bush over T. Henry may prove to be a mistake. Any others?

I should win and should be the high scoring team in my league. However, drafting Reggie Bush over T. Henry may prove to be a mistake. Any others?

Bulger over Brady.

Picked Thomas Jones in the 4th round and Adrian "AD" Peterson gets selected two picks later :banana: :banana: :banana:

Glad to see that I'm not the only one torturing himself by going back to the draft board.

McNabb - I still think he's a stud, but that O-line looked really, really bad and his receivers look like shite. I was hoping for a return to 2006 form. It's tough to say, though, as GB's D looked pretty good also. It's just week one, no need to panic - yet.

Fortunately for me, I reached and drafted Hass two rounds after McNabb as insurance.

Reggie Freakin Brown

:thumbsup:

Only significant one for me so far.

Jamal Lewis over LaMont Jordan.

I had been snatching Jordan in the rounds 6-7 all month but missed him by one pick this time. Not sure what I was thinking, I hate Lewis.

None yet, even though I scored the lowest points in the league in week 1 (most likely). Ask me again in 2 weeks.

Depending on how Housh does tonight, I'll let everyone know about passig on Moss, Plax, Andre Johnson...Not like I will win, since I am down 90 pts to a guy who had the week of his life and had a league high 140 pts!!!

No one should have any draft day regrets after one week.

How about just venting our frustrations then. I wish I picked Lamont Jordan over Cadillac Williams. I had always liked Jordan, but he hurt my team badly last year, so I went with Williams this year instead.

This was a frustrating week for me. I thought my bench was solid at RB with Jacobs, Cadillac and Norwood. Now I have to go out and work the waiver wire just to have depth again at the position. With the 12th waiver wire position, I think I'm going to be out of luck.

Oh yeah, I passed on Henry and took Maroney instead. That could come back to haunt me if this first week is a sign of how each team will use the RB's this season.

We are in an auction league. We were at the very end of the auction where everyone pretty much has only $1 left to spend on remaining players. Thus, if you nominate someone for $1 you pretty much get that player. It was our turn to nominate and you have 15 seconds to do so or the computer will automatically nominate the next highest player. We were trying to nominate Chris Brown but couldn't get it done in the 15 second we had - thus the computer nominated WR Matt Jones. We had to take Jones for $1 and the next guy nominated Brown and got him. I sure would love to have Brown as my #3 or 4 RB right now.

No one should have any draft day regrets after one week.

There's a significant contingent that is all too happy to spout this every year, but Week 1 counts. Considering most fantasy leagues go 15 weeks, that's 6.7% of the total season and probably 8.3% of the regular season. Sure, losing Week 1 isn't the end of your season, but it's sure nice to notch up a W in the first week.

Yes, trying to predict what happens Week 1 is a crapshoot, but if you don't admit to having even a bit of regret when one of your early drafted players falls flat on his face, you're lying.

Bulger over Palmer

Darn homer pick

I have had Bulger every year since he took over Warner. With no regrets. However last year I traded him and kept Vick who took me to the promised land....This season I chose Palmer over Bulger who went right after in our draft..... :thumbsup: Hope I was right.

Yes, trying to predict what happens Week 1 is a crapshoot, but if you don't admit to having even a bit of regret when one of your early drafted players falls flat on his face, you're lying.

I'd say the phrase "Draft Day regrets" implies that you wish you would have conducted your draft differently, not just wishing your guy would have done better this week. S Jackson and Evans fell on their faces for me (had Evans on the bench though) - that doesn't mean I "regret" anything.

Taking Ronnie Brown over Witten.

other than that, I got nothing.

My only regret is the same one I had on draft day. I got caught up in a QB run and picked up Hasselbeck in the 4th with Adrian Peterson (MIN) going 2 picks later. That's the only decision I really regret at this point.

There's a significant contingent that is all too happy to spout this every year, but Week 1 counts. Considering most fantasy leagues go 15 weeks, that's 6.7% of the total season and probably 8.3% of the regular season. Sure, losing Week 1 isn't the end of your season, but it's sure nice to notch up a W in the first week.

Of course Week one counts, but it is done.

There's no guranty that next week though Reggie Bush doesn't blow up and Travis Henry falls on his face. If you trusted your projections and analysis, one week in the books shouldn't cause you to regret your draft day choices.

Vick; who would have thought he wouldn't start!

Kidding aside; mine were Jones-Drew and Fred the handcuff Taylor. Focking Jax ran less than a dozen times the whole game! Morons...........