Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

Tony Romo versus CHI DEF

Think he'll pick them apart? Isn't Mike Brown out all season? Just wondering what the Geeks and homers have to say about this matchup.

The game should be a dandy! :shocking:

Think he'll pick them apart? Isn't Mike Brown out all season? Just wondering what the Geeks and homers have to say about this matchup.

I haven't seen Romo do that yet.

It can really go either way. I still say 200+ yards 2 Td and 2 ints. Call me crazy, but with a couple of injuries on Chi. D I still see a couple of big plays through the air for Dallas. I still think Chicago will pick off Tony twice though. He throws low and I have a feeling that unlike in Miami when his pass was tipped like 5 times, 1 of them will actually get intercepted. But even with those stats he still produces 16-20 points!! pretty good!

I think the Cowboys handle these guys. Dallas is going to want to show that they are now the team to beat in the NFC.

I'm guessing that Chicago would be able to hang if Rexy wasn't their QB..

But since he is - He'll turn the ball over a few times - leading to a few Dallas scores - that will prove to be a few too many.

Dallas is for real. They really are. But just to make this clear: By no means am I a Dallas homer, or a fan, I just think they're a well built team. Romo, MB3, TO, and Witten will be too much for them.

Dallas will come out swinging, put some points on the board - then all the pressure will be on Grossman. Demarcus Ware will then be in his face, play after play, until he makes a mistake. Then that sequence will repeat itself until the game is out of reach.

Dallas 31 Chicago 14

I know that seems like alot of points for anyone to score on Chicago - but with Rexy being forced to try and win the game - he will hand a couple scores to Dallas.

Tony Romo - 290 yards - 3 TDs 1 int.

Marion Barber - 90 yards rushing - 45 yards receiving - 1TD

Terrell Owens - 110 yards - 2 TDs

Jason Witten - 80 yards - 1 TD

I am starting T.O. and the CHI DEF, so Im hoping CHI only gives up 14 pts (2 TDs to T.O.) and has multiple INT's and a Hester return TD. That would be sweet...

This is what will happen. The key for the Cowboys is the play of their offensive line, if they can hold their ground, I like their chances. First team to 14 wins...

I think the Cowboys handle these guys. Dallas is going to want to show that they are now the team to beat in the NFC.

But since he is - He'll turn the ball over a few times - leading to a few Dallas scores - that will prove to be a few too many.

Dallas is for real. They really are. But just to make this clear: By no means am I a Dallas homer, or a fan, I just think they're a well built team. Romo, MB3, TO, and Witten will be too much for them.

Dallas will come out swinging, put some points on the board - then all the pressure will be on Grossman. Demarcus Ware will then be in his face, play after play, until he makes a mistake. Then that sequence will repeat itself until the game is out of reach.

Dallas 31 Chicago 14

I know that seems like alot of points for anyone to score on Chicago - but with Rexy being forced to try and win the game - he will hand a couple scores to Dallas.

Chicago wold have shut out a much better san diego offense in san diego if not for some turnovers. For an idea of this game look to last October's seattle game in chicago...an ass beating...exposing that romo is no better then rex grossman. He will be lucky to come out of the game intact!

Tony Romo 3 TD's

Rex Grossman 2 TD's

Final Score DAL - 35 CHI - 0

I guess you missed basic math classes. :unsure:

Dallas will be fine and win the game. Grossman will toss 2-3 ints and give the Cowboys great field position. MBIII will have a nice game.

Dallas 31 Chicago 14

Chicago homer here...I couldn't agree more with you Henry. I can't see Rex having a good game here. His first game...53 QB rating, his second game...56 QB rating. I think the Cowboys will be able to score on the very solid Bears D, so Rex will need to step up and drive the Bears down to score. I think he'll make some bad throws and decisions, turning the ball over to a very good Cowboy offense. And the Cowboy defense...5 turnovers in Miami! I think they get a few in this game due to the Bears pressing to try and keep up with them.

Chicago homer here...I couldn't agree more with you Henry. I can't see Rex having a good game here. His first game...53 QB rating, his second game...56 QB rating. I think the Cowboys will be able to score on the very solid Bears D, so Rex will need to step up and drive the Bears down to score. I think he'll make some bad throws and decisions, turning the ball over to a very good Cowboy offense. And the Cowboy defense...5 turnovers in Miami! I think they get a few in this game due to the Bears pressing to try and keep up with them.

Glad Chicago fans see the truth. :doublethumbsup:

Glad Chicago fans see the truth. :doublethumbsup:

Pimp...and get this. I already have Romo and TO on my team. I am keeping them in the lineup, no doubt. Gets better yet...I have the BEARS defense. Guess what defense I picked up on the waiver wire....."I wanna be a COWBOY BABY!!!" I am sitting the Bears D in favor of the Cowboy D this week. :pointstosky:

Guest _my_2_cents_
I guess you missed basic math classes. :thumbsdown:

uh, I'm pretty sure he was just being subtle and it went over your head.

3 TDs by Romo (21) + 2 TDs by Grossman (14) = 35

If the final score is 35-0, then.....

[it means Grossman threw 2 pick-sixes]

While amusing, I don't think Romo will have that good of a day. San Diego is a much better offense than Dallas. AFC > NFC and the Chargers are no joke. They've looked bad against the Bears and the Pats, but so does everyone so far. I think Dallas struggles a bit in this game. I'm hoping Barber has a good day, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I could see a couple short yardage situations with Chicago overpersuing Owens - but overall I think Romo will spend 1/2 this game running for his life.

19-17, Bears win this game. Barber 1 RuTD, 59 RuYd, 39 ReYd/Romo 17/29 for 179 yds, 2 Ints and a 29 yd TD to Owens who finishes 7/79/1

just a guess? :thumbsup:

Guest _my_2_cents_
They are??? :rolleyes: I don't think I agree with that.

disagree all you like, oh master of the quote feature. :thumbsdown:

But San Diego, despite games against the Bears and Pats, are a top 5 offense in this league. You'll see. While I agree - Rivers looked stiff out there, you would be outright sh!tting yourself if Urlacher was bearing down on you at 100 mph.

A disruptive defense can make the best QB look like girly men. Chicago is a devastating defense. They don't get fooled much, they have crazy speed, they swarm to the ball - I am seriously considering benching MBIII, but I never bench my studs. Still - that Chicago defense makes me want to play Ronnie Brown instead. That's how good they are.

I think Dallas is in for a rude awakening in Chicago. You don't just march in there and "show them [you're] the class of the NFC" as someone earlier said. You earn every yard in that house.

While amusing, I don't think Romo will have that good of a day. San Diego is a much better offense than Dallas.

Not even close there. Phillips Rivers has started off horrible this year. And it's not JUST because of the defenses he's played. I mean he made some pretty dumb mistakes in both games and he hasn't helped L.T at all. Therefore Chi. and New E. loaded up 8 guys in the box and that killed S.D's offense in both games. Rivers hasn't delivered and right now Romo with his WR's and Witten is better than Rivers.

Romo > Rivers

In this game Chicago just wont be able to load up 8 guys in the box. They'll shutdown J.J for sure, but when MBIII goes out there I think he busts out 70 yards and 1 TD. This will also help the passing game as Dallas has done great with playcalling and Romo will get to make some big plays.

24-16 Dallas

disagree all you like, oh master of the quote feature. :P

But San Diego, despite games against the Bears and Pats, are a top 5 offense in this league. You'll see. While I agree - Rivers looked stiff out there, you would be outright sh!tting yourself if Urlacher was bearing down on you at 100 mph.

A disruptive defense can make the best QB look like girly men. Chicago is a devastating defense. They don't get fooled much, they have crazy speed, they swarm to the ball - I am seriously considering benching MBIII, but I never bench my studs. Still - that Chicago defense makes me want to play Ronnie Brown instead. That's how good they are.

I think Dallas is in for a rude awakening in Chicago. You don't just march in there and "show them [you're] the class of the NFC" as someone earlier said. You earn every yard in that house.

:music_guitarred:

The only thing Grossman can do is throw the deep ball. The one thing Dallas can't do is stop the deep ball.

This could be Grossmans 300 yd game! Maybe I should start him?!

Guest _my_2_cents_
The only thing Grossman can do is throw the deep ball. The one thing Dallas can't do is stop the deep ball.

This could be Grossmans 300 yd game! Maybe I should start him?!

It's that kind of deep thinking that tanks fantasy seasons across the land.

There is a part of me that is rooting for Rex to throw three picks by halftime. I am just sick of looking at the guy. He is a mental midget. Sooner or later Lovie has to throw in the towel on the Rex Grossman experience and put in a guy who can take a snap from a probowl center. :wacko: But I will tell you this much, if the Bears go 1-2 and are looking up at the rest of the NFC North, Rex won't make it to his car that night much less a huddle the following Sunday.

San Diego is a much better offense than Dallas.

care to quantify that? especially when the entire league is laughing at the bolts' WR corps?

There is a part of me that is rooting for Rex to throw three picks by halftime. I am just sick of looking at the guy. He is a mental midget. Sooner or later Lovie has to throw in the towel on the Rex Grossman experience and put in a guy who can take a snap from a probowl center. :music_guitarred: But I will tell you this much, if the Bears go 1-2 and are looking up at the rest of the NFC North, Rex won't make it to his car that night much less a huddle the following Sunday.

That's harsh man. McNabb said stop dissing on the black QB's ! :(

Guest _my_2_cents_
care to quantify that? especially when the entire league is laughing at the bolts' WR corps?

perhaps you'd care to read my post where I did quantify it - it would save you the trouble of asking redundant questions.

Count me in as a believer in Dallas over Chicago.

I think Dallas is much more balanced than the Chiefs on offense and will wear down the Bears D. I feel sorry for the Bears defense b/c they're damn good but I have absolutely no faith in Grossman to lead that team.

Dallas 24 - Chicago 13

eta: romo 240 yards, 2 td's.

The game should be a dandy! :pointstosky:

Even with Mike Brown gone, the Bears D is one of the best in the league and a formidable opponent at home. They haven't played a balanced offense like the Cowboys have yet this year, but I predict Romo will have a tough time, at least until late in the game. If Bad Rex shows up, there's a good chance the Bears' defense will spend a lot of time on the field due to turnovers and four-and-outs. They could wear down late in the game, which would open up more opportunities for Romo, TO, Barber & company. I predict a weak first half and a stronger finish for Romo. How about 250 yds and 2 TDs, both in the 4th quarter? Call it a hunch.

Even with Mike Brown gone, the Bears D is one of the best in the league and a formidable opponent at home. They haven't played a balanced offense like the Cowboys have yet this year, but I predict Romo will have a tough time, at least until late in the game. If Bad Rex shows up, there's a good chance the Bears' defense will spend a lot of time on the field due to turnovers and four-and-outs. They could wear down late in the game, which would open up more opportunities for Romo, TO, Barber & company. I predict a weak first half and a stronger finish for Romo. How about 250 yds and 2 TDs, both in the 4th quarter? Call it a hunch.

Pretty sure the last time we saw Good Rex was week 15 last year against TB. Ever since then I've heard a lot of excuses coming from Rex's mouth and Lovie's mouth for his performances. I honestly believe Griese could run that team much better.

Guest _my_2_cents_

From whatI've seen of Romo, his main talent has been to evade the pass rush and buy time for his receivers to get open. He has excellent downfield vision and manages to still find the open man under that pressure.

Against the Bears he will not have the time for those 2nd, 3rd checkdowns and all the scrambling in the world won't keep Urlacher & Co out of his face. Romo is going to spend more time on the ground on Sunday than he has in the 1st 2 games combined.

I am not saying the Cowboys can't win - but it's not going to be a cakewalk. I expect Romo to have +/- 220/2 TDs/2 Int and Owens to have 85/1, while JJones & MBIII struggle much of the day. MBIII scores on a GL after a pass interference on TO. I like Sam Hurd as a sleeper in this matchup, with the attention on stopping the run, TO and Crayton, Hurd might sneak into the end zone for a 30 yd TD. Just a hunch.

perhaps you'd care to read my post where I did quantify it - it would save you the trouble of asking redundant questions.

i see 4 posts by you in this thread.

1: a hypothesis with no supporting quantitative evidence, supplemented by a "just a guess" at possible stats for the CHI-DAL game. you'll note that i was not talking about the game, i was questioning your statement that the SD offense was much better than the DAL offense. was the rhetorical shift too much for you to keep up with?

2. yet another unsupported claim, which is kinda comical given the performance of the SD offense this year, accompanied by "you'll see".

3. irrelevant to the topic at hand.

4. either a gross misunderstanding of the argument, or an attempt to make yourself look less bad. one way or the other, it's rather humerous.

so let's get back to the real question, and i'll ask it again in more elementary language...

upon what numbers do you base your statement that the SD offense is "much better" than the DAL offense this year, and how do these numbers in any way indicate that SD is a top-5 offense?

and to make it easier on you, you may qualify as well as quantify.

does that spell it out enough?

[edit: ya got another one in there while i was typing. better analysis, but still no evidence]

Back to the topic at hand....

This game should indeed be a dandy, if you like low to mid scoring affairs.

I see a 10-7 or 17-10 type of game with Chicago on top.

Think the Bears D is good for at least one score while holding Romo in check. He may get one long one to T.O. but other then that I don't see any way Dallas gets more than 7-10 points...unless of course Rex throws a pick 6 or turns it over multiple times in his end ala the San Diego game.

If Rex can hold onto the ball and avoid the int's then Dallas should be very limited offensively.

Realistically, the Dallas hype is over the top. They haven't played a solid team yet so I imagine this game will really be telling.

How can any team with Grossman at QB think they have a good team? Seriously, the guy should be on the :dunno: ....all he does is throw interceptions and incomplete passes.

Realistically, the Dallas hype is over the top. They haven't played a solid team yet so I imagine this game will really be telling.

agreed.

Guest _my_2_cents_
i see 4 posts by you in this thread.

1: a hypothesis with no supporting quantitative evidence, supplemented by a "just a guess" at possible stats for the CHI-DAL game. you'll note that i was not talking about the game, i was questioning your statement that the SD offense was much better than the DAL offense. was the rhetorical shift too much for you to keep up with?

2. yet another unsupported claim, which is kinda comical given the performance of the SD offense this year, accompanied by "you'll see".

3. irrelevant to the topic at hand.

4. either a gross misunderstanding of the argument, or an attempt to make yourself look less bad. one way or the other, it's rather humerous.

so let's get back to the real question, and i'll ask it again in more elementary language...

upon what numbers do you base your statement that the SD offense is "much better" than the DAL offense this year, and how do these numbers in any way indicate that SD is a top-5 offense?

and to make it easier on you, you may qualify as well as quantify.

does that spell it out enough?

[edit: ya got another one in there while i was typing. better analysis, but still no evidence]

I already answered your questions. Did I need to use a chalk board? Interesting summary list, but I disagree - I offered my insight and you chose to ignore it. That's on you. To REPEAT MYSELF: Playing the Pats in NE, and Chicago D, the SD offense has had an extremely difficult test to start the season. They will be better, it's been 2 weeks and your judgement of them as inferior to the Cowboys is accurate so far for 2007, but on a limited sample size.

You do understand the concept of sample size, no? :dunno:

If you want "evidence", I suppose you'll have to wait for the games to be played like any of us. :rolleyes: But IMO, Tomlinson is vastly superior to JJones/MBIII, the SD O-Line is superior to the Dallas O-Line, and Rivers/Romo are something of a wash. You do know Rivers went to the probowl last year, right? You also might look to "evidence" that the Chargers were the highest scoring team in the NFL last year with a 31 point per game average.

Or can we only look at this season in a vacuum as you seem to be doing? :dunno:

Back to my statement, it is my opinion, and I stand by it. The Chargers offense is better than the Cowboys and if the Bears can shut down Tomlinson, Gates & Rivers they will also make life very difficult on Romo & Co - unless the Cowboys use a ton of 3 step drops with quick release passes, Romo will spend much of this game on his back. And unlike the Chargers D which is stiff against the run, the Cowboys D can be run and passed on. Grossman may well have a great game, considering the Cowboys secondary has been burned repeatedly so far, a shootout bodes ill for the team with the lesser defense. That would be Dallas.

If the Bears get a lead in this game, I don't expect the Cowboys to be able to come back. if the Cowboys get a lead, I can easily see the Bears coming back then making a defensive stand.

Defense wins football games. You might have heard that once or twice before. But in this case, I continue to believe that the Chargers offense is a more talented bunch than the Cowboys - they might indeed be the "class of the NFC" but so far they've faced a cupcake NYG defense and struggled against MIA until MIA put themselves in an early hole with turnovers. One MIA was worn out it was like watching a poodle try to fight a pit bull. Chicago's defense will not be as easily pushed around.

Time, and the game will tell which of us is right. Try to relax in the meanwhile.

I already answered your questions. Did I need to use a chalk board? Interesting summary list, but I disagree - I offered my insight and you chose to ignore it.

i didn't ask for your "insight". i asked for numbers to support your statements, and you have obstinantly refused to provide any substantive data. since you seem to have a problem with numbers, let's look at the qualitative issue:

romo performed consistently better than rivers last year, and did so without the benefit of the league's best RB or a top defense. the only area that romo did not exceed rivers is that of INTs, and this is largely because of the late-season defensive breakdown that forced dallas into a one-dimensional attack.

even with this breakdown, the combination of JJ/MB trailed LT by less than a hundred yards at season's end. i'm not suggesting that the RBBC is better than LT, but they represented an upper-tier rushing attack.

if anything is a push, it is gates/witten. witten did not score as well as gates last year, but then again, he didn't have to, as the cowboys actually had a legitimate receiving corps--23TD versus 9. and witten's run blocking is substantially better.

but let's look at this year:

dallas brings back romo, who has improved his mechanics, leadership, and pocket presence.

the RBBC has returned, and is running behind an offensive line that has drastically improved with the addition of davis, his move back to his natural position, the unit's cohesiveness, and colombo's maturation.

even with the loss of glenn, the dallas WR corps represents a far more legitimate downfield threat than SD's crew. the net result of this is that defenses can put 9 in the box against SD, negating their biggest offensive threat. dallas has a much, much more balanced attack.

now, since you seem to have a reading problem, i will point out that never in this thread did i suggest that the dallas offense is better than SD's unit. SD has a good offense that has faced some fierce opposition in the first 2 games. but for you to come out and claim that the SD offense is "much better" is downright laughable until they start producing.

so to recap, before we end this thread hijack...

-you made a statement.

-i asked you to back up that statement with numbers.

-you refused to provide numbers, and substituted your "insight", which you already acknowledged was...

just a guess? :dunno:

ok so really lets see people want to say that san diego has a better offense then Dallas.... i dont think so.....Cicago has a good defense but really their pass defense can be had.... look if not for hesters return they might of not beaten Kansas city.... really that bad offense put up 10 points so i can see dallas putting up 27 to chicago who struggled against K.C to put up points getting maybe 12 so final score dallas 27 chicago 12.... Romo will trow for 250+ and 2 td and 1 int both to T.O and Barber will get a td ten 2 field goals Grossman will have 265+ 1 td and 2 ints benson will be lucky to get 60 yards rushing