Sign in to follow this  
ffsmack

Travis Henry Facing A One-Year Suspension

I've been getting killed @RB...SJax...Jacobs...FTaylor was on a bye.

So, last week I picked up Selvin and paired him w/JuJones.

Now I've got Jacobs coming back, Rhodes coming off of suspension w/Jordan getting banged up and now this! I may have to do some wheeling and dealing.

legalize it!

seriously, i dont think athletes should be banned for smokin the cheeba.

stupid rule.

but still, glad i traded henry last week but not young!

:cheers:

:cheers: I just traded Reggie Bush and Favre for Henry 5 days ago.

But I do have Selvin Young

Is it unethical to offer Henry in trades now? I just put 5 offers involving Henry out on the table.

:cheers:

I've been getting killed @RB...SJax...Jacobs...FTaylor was on a bye.

So, last week I picked up Selvin and paired him w/JuJones.

Now I've got Jacobs coming back, Rhodes coming off of suspension w/Jordan getting banged up and now this! I may have to do some wheeling and dealing.

cool - let us know how your season turns out :cheers:

:cheers: I just traded Reggie Bush and Favre for Henry 5 days ago.

Yeah I traded Bush and Housh for SJax the friday before he got hurt. Now this, awesome.

Alright, so the news is real but it's a matter of whether it is legal for the league to suspend him for those results. For whatever reason, Henry thinks that the NFL can't use the results and forced the NFL to go to court to get the results out there. What does this really mean for his playing? I can't see that it means Henry is out right away. It'll be awhile before all this is sorted out, he can appeal it and there you go half the season. So if you have room to stuff Young away until week 12 then this has some impact right? Isn't this how all legal ###### works? Takes forever to figure out? Or can the NFL suspend him while the appeal and such is beign sorted out? I'm just sooo confused.

Kind of hoping the guy with Henry doesn't read this or find out. Our claims process tonight at midnight (EST). He also has Caddy.

To top it off he also has the top spot for claims this week. And I am right behind at two. I would much rather have Young, whom I placed my claim for Monday night. Now to read this makes me think I better back it up with Earnest Graham. Would much rather have Young though.

Gotta love FF!!!!

Guest _my_2_cents_

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAWWWW!!!!!

I picked up Selvin in both leagues when Henry came up lame!

Yippie! What a jackpot pickup - could be the starting RB for the Broncos! Woohoo!

:cheers: <- there aren't enough of these on the net to properly describe what I'm feeling right now.

Selvin Young owners went from :wall: to :( to :banana: in a hurry! Come onnnnnnn 1 year suspension! Wheeeeeeeeee!

Alright, so the news is real but it's a matter of whether it is legal for the league to suspend him for those results. For whatever reason, Henry thinks that the NFL can't use the results and forced the NFL to go to court to get the results out there. What does this really mean for his playing? I can't see that it means Henry is out right away. It'll be awhile before all this is sorted out, he can appeal it and there you go half the season. So if you have room to stuff Young away until week 12 then this has some impact right? Isn't this how all legal ###### works? Takes forever to figure out? Or can the NFL suspend him while the appeal and such is beign sorted out? I'm just sooo confused.

Have you seen what Goody has been doing to guys this season? You think Henry is going to get a free pass? Forgetaboutit.

Roger is going to have his minerals in a vice by the end f the week if it is even remotely true. And if Henry is smart, he will talk real nice, take his lumps, and resume his career in a year or so.

I think this game is very key for Young (assuming Henry does not play). If he does well, you gotta think he will be the main back with Bell spelling him. Bell will become Young pre-10/4/07

I won S. Jackson, Bulger and Henry. Just traded M. Turner for Selvin...before anyone else hears this news. Good thing Im the only one who comes to this site.

I hate you.

No i dont, because unlike that creep pimptaddy you are not rooting for an injury, just someones stupidity. I have Selvin as well, but it amazes me that people didnt handcuff this guy?? Why not take the chance on Selvin Young, the guy looks like he could play -- i saw him for the first time against hte Colts and he looked great. Granted their D was pretty bad (though it was also good before that game so who knows) but come on, you have to handcuff Henry with his history.

Do you think that Mike Bell would also get some time? I just dropped David Carr for him..no brainer right? Anyway, I think if Hentry goes down I take a hit, but at least I have his backup. :music_guitarred:

http://www.milehighreport.com/story/2007/10/4/212943/070 check that out, he was to rotate out of the program after week 3..i am guessing he failed to pass that week since he is suing to keep it from the nfl...what a focking idiot

in my redraft league, i am not worried, however in my dynasty league Young was picked up before the season began and the guy who owned him wouldnt trade him to me.

Being a nerd and checking this forum for the past everyday for past month has finally paid off.

I just picked up Young in 2 leagues!!

Now I'm wondering if I should run out and pick Bell up to handcuff Young.

This is actually a great question I'd like to see an answer to. We all know how fickle Shanny is with his backs. All Selvin needs is one fumble early in the game, and he might never see the field again.

Bell has had success there before, while Sapp hasn't seen much time. Seems like Mike Bell would be the choice if Selvin stumbles.

Happy that I got Young off waivers in a couple of keeper leagues as the news was bouncing around the net. :music_guitarred: Congrats to those of you who are feeling the good fortune of having him rostered. Selvin Young has looked very good in the action hes had so far. Im pretty excited for his prospects if things go the way for Henry the way they are looking right now

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAWWWW!!!!!

I picked up Selvin in both leagues when Henry came up lame!

Yippie! What a jackpot pickup - could be the starting RB for the Broncos! Woohoo!

:music_guitarred: <- there aren't enough of these on the net to properly describe what I'm feeling right now.

Selvin Young owners went from :shocking: to :lol: to :dunno: in a hurry! Come onnnnnnn 1 year suspension! Wheeeeeeeeee!

:huh:

Even if he slips through via some technical loophole, I would think/hope the bronco organization would impose thier own suspension.

It becomes a moral thing for them now.

Selvin has been long gone in my league and someone even held on to Mike Bell (put him on IR) but I just scooped both....

CECIL SAPP and RICKY WILLIAMS

....off the waiver wire.

Anyone think Sapp could get carries along with Selvin Young. I'd be curious to see if Young holds up with a full load.

Of course Ricky's chances of getting traded somewhere keep looking better but it could take a while.

I had to use IR moves on Jordan and S. Moss to pick these guys up and both could be back soon (S. Moss could even play Sunday) so I won't have a lot of time to see what develops but I though why not give it shot.

Any value with these two?

well, lets see...

Henry is better than Young

In 4 games, Henry has 1 td

Where does that put Young?

(don't get too excited)

also, RICKY WILLIAMS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! He isn't a good back anymore, sorry. It doesn't matter where he goes.

ESPN just broke a news wire blog

Travis Henry, Den RB News: Henry has tested positive for marijuana use and could be subject to a one-year suspension, FOX 31 in Denver reports. Henry has sued the NFL to prevent the league from testing a urine specimen, New York Newsday reports. Henry is trying to block the specimen from being used since the league didn't allow his experts to be present for its collection, the Denver Post adds.

Spin: This would be Henry's third violation of the NFL drug policy as he served a four-game suspension in September 2005. No official word yet from the NFL or Broncos on the suspension, but it sounds like he's at risk to be suspended at any moment.

Oct. 4, 9:42 PM ET

Guest _my_2_cents_

Praises be to the Fantasy Football Gods - I just checked my WCOFF league and the guy with Henry is the #1 team, somewhat thin at RB, and this is the 1st hit he's taken. The guy with Selvin Young is the worst team in the league, and this makes him better, but not spectacular since he is riddled with other injuries.

Parity is a beautiful thing. I could shed a tear right now I'm so overjoyed. I am praying for a 1 year suspension - my apologies to the Henry owners. Nothing personal. :pointstosky:

So is it too early to drop Henry? I already have Young, but I could use the extra roster spot to solve other problems I have.

I would hold off on dropping the guy until more details are released myself. The story albeit looking pretty legit still hasn't nearly completely played itself out yet.

I have Young and my opponent this week has Henry. Could this suspension happen as quick as this weekend. I was hoping Henry would be out because he was banged up, but if Goodell is bring down the gauntlet of pain... even better. :pointstosky:

Fanball-Broncos: Young's role might have to expand

10/04/07 09:21 PM

THE NEWS

Selvin Young could be in for a significant role upgrade with Travis Henry facing a possible substance-abuse suspension. According to Fox 31 News in Denver, Henry recently failed a pot test and might be looking at a one-year suspension. The Broncos have yet to comment on the matter.

Our View

Young is no sure thing, of course, but this is the Denver ground game we're talking about - check on his availability immediately. More info as we get it.

I thought Travis could go for 2K this year. Well when he first limped off the field against Oakland someone snatched him up. Then they dropped him during the same game when he came back into the game. I, on the other hand, went and claimed if off waivers the next day. I also have Caddy so good thing I grabbed Selvin. I tell you this year the RB's are falling like flies (one way or another). I have Westy too and backed him with Buckhalter. I should have loaded up on stud WR's and picked all back up RB's after the 5th round. :pointstosky:

Travis Henry was scheduled to be out of the league's drug program after Week 3.

Even though we are almost to week 5 - I'm guessing that the test was taken before Week 3, therefore making him eligible for the year suspension.

Furthermore, with all of the fighting that he is attempting through the courts - I would also assume that this would result in a year suspension. My reasoning is why do all the fighting if he was out of the drug program.

What an idiot. A couple more weeks, and he wouldn't have received ANY suspension. He couldn't wait a little while longer, got impatient, and failed a focking test.

What a focking moron.

Oh well, maybe one of his 38 children are old enough to support him.

[size=3with all of the fighting that he is attempting through the courts - I would also assume that this would result in a year suspension. My reasoning is why do all the fighting if he was out of the drug program.

What an idiot. A couple more weeks, and he wouldn't have received ANY suspension. He couldn't wait a little while longer, got impatient, and failed a focking test.

What a focking moron.

I agree 100% :-(