Sign in to follow this  
Gridiron Junkie

This forum is losing it's usefullness

First off, I don't have a lot of posts. Sorry, but if there's something to be said, I say it. I'm not here 24/7 and often agree with what a few others have already posted.

But lord almighty! How many people can just totally ignore the rules for posting on the forum! (I wasn't getting an answer in the proper forum, so I came here.) I'm talking team management questions mostly...

Then there's jokesters...

One guy asks who is rumored to be heading to Tampa as a replacement RB - The replies are O.J., Barry Sanders, etc... Ha, Ha! Everybody's a comedian all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong - I like humor as much as the next guy and there's been some very, very funny posts here. But, jeez! It takes forever to weed through the 'I'm trying to be funny' 13-year old BS on each and every thread with most trying to 'outfunny' the previous post.

I had much more, but this is turning into a rant...

I'd like to see more mods take action and clean this mess up. I think most people that come here are looking for up-to-date quality information - a rare find indeed nowadays...

Don't even get me started on trade vetoes!

I think it's better this year. Seriously I do.

Hey can I ask, whatever happened to "Football Scooter?"

Honestly this board hasn't been the same since he who shall not be named(MKB4) :dunno:was kicked out. I mean my fantasy league website gives me more up to date information faster than here now.

i kinda agree. I try and start a post on the chiefs every week, but nobody else offers any input, and the only responses are people trying to be funny. You question if you should even post something you figure some might want to read

:thumbsdown:

I think it's better this year. Seriously I do.

Hey can I ask, whatever happened to "Football Scooter?"

Banned until November for racist comments, I think.

And I'll be happy to help out as a board mod. My pimp hand's strong.

I try and start a post on the chiefs every week, but nobody else offers any input, and the only responses are people trying to be funny.

:thumbsdown:

Well there is your problem.

Banned until November for racist comments, I think.

And I'll be happy to help out as a board mod. My pimp hand's strong.

Cooter is posting as someone else (read between the lines).

The reality is that there are nuggets of info mixed in with the garbage. Welcome to the Internet. Some of you folks are so spoiled that you think that everyone is a FF expert and they are going to spoon feed you info. You have to take the good with the bad, especially considering that this bored is FREE.

The mods were slaughtered in the Geek-Pirates Rebellion of 2019. Since we rule the cyber world in the future, we have come to take over the present too.

All your internets are belong to us. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Some post very useful informed information and opinions on players abilities and situations. If they contribute something that is nonsensical, they get bashed. The player evaluations in the message board are much more accurate than anywhere else.

footballguys sucks

While I know that sometimes my opinions are really strong. And I almost always take the positive spin on the Patriots and their players,, although look at how dominant they have been, and year in and year out I draft underrated Pats, like Brady in Rd 2 this year, so I can't really say I've been that wrong on the Pats over the years. I know my HTH Patriots Lovefest pisses people off.

But I will say I very seldom reply to a post with a smart aleck comment like "What are you in a league of 5 teams" or "I wish I was in your league".

Now if someone says something terribly stupid and it is unavoidable to reply like a smart aleck, well, that's the way this forearm goes and I like it. I mean the guy who posted about Ricky Watters coming back today then followed up with "oh my friend said Ricky Williams.". I almost replied "I think you are smoking Ricky's stash if you think Ricky is coming back and by Ricky I mean Williams then Watters". But I didn't although I'd be in line.

Basically I think that too many people try to be rude on this site. You can be strong minded without being rude.

But I disagree that this site has lost it's usefullness. I do pretty well every year in fantasy (ok most years) and I credit FFToday.com for a lot of advice.

Oh and BeantownBobbyD my mentor.

the team management questions are the worst.

people don't even try and disguise them anymore :overhead:

REMEMBER: nobody cares about YOUR team except YOU...and maybe the guy you're playing that week.

Cooter is posting as someone else (read between the lines).

The reality is that there are nuggets of info mixed in with the garbage. Welcome to the Internet. Some of you folks are so spoiled that you think that everyone is a FF expert and they are going to spoon feed you info. You have to take the good with the bad, especially considering that this bored is FREE.

it is free. but that's by the graciousness of the hosts; not due to some kind of entitlement we have to the information. its not as if fftoday is federally sponsored like NPR or what have you. don't get me wrong -- I abhor censorship. what's in question, here, however are juvenile and inconsiderate people dumping all over the good-will and generosity of the creators of this site. i can't imagine what Mike and co. must go thru after reading some of the swill that passes for fantasy discussion. obviously, they very rarely intervene, and we should applaud them for that. this year, however, just makes me want to vomit. post after post ridiculing people for missed apostrophes, typos; followed up by the usual homo-phobic jokes and whatever else non-football related. (i confess, i've been taking swings back recently at some of the bigger clowns who r contributing mostly profane drivel. rather than throwing more fuel to the fire, though, i'll man-up and take the high road.) what it amounts to, is threads that are three times longer than necessary, and the site slowing down. it's probably a waste of breath to ask people to be more respectful, but all you can do is voice a dissenting opinion, let if fall on deaf ears and ignore the piles of crap.

this place is the perfect of example of how everything collapses once it gets too big. show some class people and write something worth reading.

I hear you, brother. I came on here before my draft and asked who I should pick since I had the first pick in the draft. I got a bunch of smartass answers of guys telling me to draft Lawrence Taylor.. He's a retired linebacker. DUH.

it is free. but that's by the graciousness of the hosts; not due to some kind of entitlement we have to the information. its not as if fftoday is federally sponsored like NPR or what have you. don't get me wrong -- I abhor censorship. what's in question, here, however are juvenile and inconsiderate people dumping all over the good-will and generosity of the creators of this site. i can't imagine what Mike and co. must go thru after reading some of the swill that passes for fantasy discussion. obviously, they very rarely intervene, and we should applaud them for that. this year, however, just makes me want to vomit. post after post ridiculing people for missed apostrophes, typos; followed up by the usual homo-phobic jokes and whatever else non-football related. (i confess, i've been taking swings back recently at some of the bigger clowns who r contributing mostly profane drivel. rather than throwing more fuel to the fire, though, i'll man-up and take the high road.) what it amounts to, is threads that are three times longer than necessary, and the site slowing down. it's probably a waste of breath to ask people to be more respectful, but all you can do is voice a dissenting opinion, let if fall on deaf ears and ignore the piles of crap.

this place is the perfect of example of how everything collapses once it gets too big. show some class people and write something worth reading.

I understand that you would like it to be better than it is, but I think that you are a little naive if you think that is feasible. The site is slow because it is not running on proper hardware/software, not because of what people are typing.

You complain about juvenile posts and people criticizing grammar and yet you are sitting here criticizing content. Isn't that a little hypocritical?

Now, can we get back to some football?

<--------- Should be mod.

I guess you missed the whole point of my post - it would be far better to have someone take out the garbage, at least some of it...

"Welcome to the internet." Wow! Did that really make you feel special? I understand how the internet works, probably more than you, but that's beside the point. Your point seems to be that anyone, anywhere at anytime can say/post anything they want to say and it's up to the rest of us to ignore what we don't want. Moderators can help by deleting and/or banning posts/posters that have little or no value here on the board.

I didn't ask to be spoonfed info, nor did I suggest that anyone here is an 'expert'. People here do occasionally post new and useful information. Making fun of them, their teams or other posts really isn't what most people come here for - in my opinion.

I understand that the board is free and sometimes you take the good with the bad to get the results you want. Merely stating that getting rid of some of the crap that most of us are fed up with doesn't make me - or anyone else - spoiled.

Here's a quick lesson, and don't take it personally as you aren't the first here:

Bored - To make weary by being dull, repetitive, or tedious

Board - a piece of wood sawed thin, and of considerable length and breadth compared with the thickness; to furnish with meals, or with meals and lodging, esp. for pay: They boarded him for $50 a week; to go on board of or enter (a ship, train, etc.); a flat surface, as a wall or an object of rectangular shape, on which something is posted, as notices or stock-market quotations: a bulletin board

I guess you missed the whole point of my postHere's a quick lesson, and don't take it personally as you aren't the first here:

Board - a piece of wood sawed thin, and of considerable length and breadth compared with the thickness; to furnish with meals, or with meals and lodging, esp. for pay: They boarded him for $50 a week; to go on board of or enter (a ship, train, etc.); a flat surface, as a wall or an object of rectangular shape, on which something is posted, as notices or stock-market quotations: a bulletin board

:lol: No that be you who missed the point

I have been a regular member here for quite a while (was watsondog88 at first back in 99 or 01 I think). I don't post often but when I do I try to be useful (except for an unfortunate post earlier this week for which I still feel regretful).

When it comes down to it, this is a free site. It's popularity has caused it to grow thus causing the useless information to multiply exponentially. Until this site becomes a pay site, it will probably remain like this. I would gladly pay $20/year if this site were to clean up its forums and make it easier to weed out the mess.

JMHO

Thanks.

The Prof.

I guess you missed the whole point of my post - it would be far better to have someone take out the garbage, at least some of it...

"Welcome to the internet." Wow! Did that really make you feel special? I understand how the internet works, probably more than you, but that's beside the point. Your point seems to be that anyone, anywhere at anytime can say/post anything they want to say and it's up to the rest of us to ignore what we don't want. Moderators can help by deleting and/or banning posts/posters that have little or no value here on the board.

I didn't ask to be spoonfed info, nor did I suggest that anyone here is an 'expert'. People here do occasionally post new and useful information. Making fun of them, their teams or other posts really isn't what most people come here for - in my opinion.

I understand that the board is free and sometimes you take the good with the bad to get the results you want. Merely stating that getting rid of some of the crap that most of us are fed up with doesn't make me - or anyone else - spoiled.

Here's a quick lesson, and don't take it personally as you aren't the first here:

Well, rather than getting into a bitter debate, all me to retort:

- I am sure that you are a master of the Internet. It is really new to me. Does that make you feel special?

- If you want moderation by Nazi's, there are other boreds that do it.

- "Bored" is the FF Today spelling for this board. You may also see things like "Mange" and "greta". Don't get hung up on it :lol:

I hear you, brother. I came on here before my draft and asked who I should pick since I had the first pick in the draft. I got a bunch of smartass answers of guys telling me to draft Lawrence Taylor.. He's a retired linebacker. DUH.

If you asked this question on the "FF Today Board" (and it is not "bored" nerds) instead of the "A Little Help" board, then you shouldn't expect to get an answer. :lol:

That is not the proper board for that type of question and you deserve every smartass answer you got.

HTH

I understand that you would like it to be better than it is, but I think that you are a little naive if you think that is feasible. The site is slow because it is not running on proper hardware/software, not because of what people are typing.

You complain about juvenile posts and people criticizing grammar and yet you are sitting here criticizing content. Isn't that a little hypocritical?

It is feasible, but unlikely on this big of a site - I agree but, more mods = less BS

This thread, in some ways, has proved my point.

If you asked this question on the "FF Today Board" (and it is not "bored" nerds) instead of the "A Little Help" board, then you shouldn't expect to get an answer. :lol:

That is not the proper board for that type of question and you deserve every smartass answer you got.

HTH

I know that NOW. :huh:

And how was I supposed to know Fred Lane was dead. :lol:

i don't think there's any hypocrisy in "asking" people to be a little more respectful. its a request, not a mandate based on powers of censorship i neither possess nor desire. you can call it naive, or pointless to make appeals to human character and decency, but its not wasted effort to support a higher standard even if few listen.

I enjoy this board much more during the offseason. Great insight, discussions, and general talk about players and teams. Once the season begins, the board is flooded with junk. No doubt there is useful info, you just have to wade through the muck to get to it.

I enjoy this board much more during the offseason. Great insight, discussions, and general talk about players and teams. Once the season begins, the board is flooded with junk. No doubt there is useful info, you just have to wade through the muck to get to it.

Good to see another huntsvillian! Would you be willing to pay for a cleaned up FF Today?

Good to see another huntsvillian! Would you be willing to pay for a cleaned up FF Today?

I probably wouldn't pay.

Well, rather than getting into a bitter debate, all me to retort:

- I am sure that you are a master of the Internet. It is really new to me. Does that make you feel special?

- If you want moderation by Nazi's, there are other boreds that do it.

- "Bored" is the FF Today spelling for this board. You may also see things like "Mange" and "greta". Don't get hung up on it :wall:

I guess FF Today misspelled it at the top of every page in the forum...

Moderation by Nazis? Are you kidding me? Is that what you got out of this thread?

Take, for instance, the guy that likes the Chiefs. Probably more people here that don't like the Chiefs than do and most don't reply. Yet, there is always someone like that that must make a disparaging reply about the original posters team. This helps the board how? It is funny how? There's too much of it here and I made a thread about it and wished there were more mods to cut away some of the useless posts.

You get rid of the useless posters by deleting their useless posts.

Sorry if getting rid of BS posts offends you.

I guess FF Today misspelled it at the top of every page in the forum...

Moderation by Nazis? Are you kidding me? Is that what you got out of this thread?

Take, for instance, the guy that likes the Chiefs. Probably more people here that don't like the Chiefs than do and most don't reply. Yet, there is always someone like that that must make a disparaging reply about the original posters team. This helps the board how? It is funny how? There's too much of it here and I made a thread about it and wished there were more mods to cut away some of the useless posts.

You get rid of the useless posters by deleting their useless posts.

Sorry if getting rid of BS posts offends you.

You are missing the point. There are other boards (notice how I spelled it that time... just for you) that police the content via mods. Everyone is excellent to everyone else. Really a swell place to hang out. The info is useless.

As far as your example, you don't know why people are doing that. We pick on cmh97576262 all of the time (and for more things than just being a Chiefs fan). It is part of this little clubhouse. If you are hanging out at the bar with your buddies, do you have any banter going back and forth?

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have more organized info without the BS posts. It would be great (actually greta). But I don't want mods in order to make that happen. I don't want some Schick! wannabe deciding what is useful and what is not useful.

I would welcome making this site a pay site (for a modest fee). That should get rid of some of the issues that happen. However, the total amount of useful info is likely to go down as well. That is what I mean by taking the good with the bad.

I honestly think more mods would make the problem about lack of info/discussion worse. Mike does a great job getting rid of anything that is out of line/offensive/too catty/etc and tends to let the jokes and sarcasm that are football related slide by. That's what it should be in my opinion. If you start deleting/banning everything that isn't 100% football related, it becomes a slippery slope and people start whining and crying about why their thread was deleted or locked and something else was allowed to stay up. Then we end up with more pissing contests and Mike spends more time as a babysitter than a mod. If it's inappropriate, Mike cleans it up. If it's just something goofy or annoying, he lets it go. Just like he should. Under your mod rules, this thread would have been gone a long time ago as it isn't FF related whatsoever. It was allowed to stay, however, and you see that it has developed into a civilized (so far) debate about censorship and what we expect/enjoy from a FF board. I think that's at least as productive as 50 more threads about Selvin Young, don't you? The team management questions get annoying, but some good debate can be sparked from them, and you're kidding yourself if you think the Help Board is a place any of us really want to visit. The only people there are people with questions themselves, so they're not going to answer anyone else's question for the simple fact that no one cares about anything but their own team. The bored can police itself, and is doing a respectable job so far. Therefore, Mike should just let things stay the way they are. Instead of asking mods to fix the bored and "make it what it used to be", I think it's up to us as posters to simply ignore the trash and do our best not to contribute to it ourselves. I see what you're saying, but where do you draw the line? It's just better left the way it is.

Boo censorship, Hooray Mike! :wall:

Real men beat up other up verbally and physically, pop open a beer, chug it, smash the empty over their heads, and laugh about it.

Other "men" go to sites that are run by control freaks where retard is considered a curse word.

Is it no wonder this site is the #1 site that pops up on Google when you search for fantasy football?

the team management questions are the worst.

people don't even try and disguise them anymore ;)

REMEMBER: nobody cares about YOUR team except YOU...and maybe the guy you're playing that week.

The only thing worse than someone posting team management questions in this forum is someone who responds saying to take it to the help board.

Just ignore the post.

Real men beat up other up verbally and physically, pop open a beer, chug it, smash the empty over their heads, and laugh about it.

Other "men" go to sites that are run by control freaks where retard is considered a curse word.

Is it no wonder this site is the #1 site that pops up on Google when you search for fantasy football?

:pointstosky:

First off, I don't have a lot of posts. Sorry, but if there's something to be said, I say it. I'm not here 24/7 and often agree with what a few others have already posted.

But lord almighty! How many people can just totally ignore the rules for posting on the forum! (I wasn't getting an answer in the proper forum, so I came here.) I'm talking team management questions mostly...

Then there's jokesters...

One guy asks who is rumored to be heading to Tampa as a replacement RB - The replies are O.J., Barry Sanders, etc... Ha, Ha! Everybody's a comedian all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong - I like humor as much as the next guy and there's been some very, very funny posts here. But, jeez! It takes forever to weed through the 'I'm trying to be funny' 13-year old BS on each and every thread with most trying to 'outfunny' the previous post.

I had much more, but this is turning into a rant...

I'd like to see more mods take action and clean this mess up. I think most people that come here are looking for up-to-date quality information - a rare find indeed nowadays...

Don't even get me started on trade vetoes!

Fock Off. :pointstosky: :thumbsdown: :banana:

editorred

-40-