Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

Travis Henry Lives Another Day?

The NFL has announced the suspension of the Vikings Fred Evans and since no announcement on Henry came with that announcement, I think that rat bastard is going to beat the rap :clap:

With the way Young and Hall are playing I don't know if it even matters if Henry comes back or not?! At least from a fantasy standpoint!

With the way Young and Hall are playing I don't know if it even matters if Henry comes back or not?! At least from a fantasy standpoint!

Yeah, that may be, and Henry's torn PCL is a heck of an issue.

Yeah, that may be, and Henry's torn PCL is a heck of an issue.

Yeah, but Henry was told it's a 4-6 week injury and he's on week 4. and ADP is about to come back from the same thing in the same time. i friggin hate Denver. I'm only in this mess because Lynch got hurt.

right here, right now, I swear with God as my witness, I will NEVAH get on the Denver RB roulette wheel again unless it's to grab one to trade to some poor schmuck.

The NFL has announced the suspension of the Vikings Fred Evans and since no announcement on Henry came with that announcement, I think that rat bastard is going to beat the rap :doublethumbsup:

Yo, FH, where's the announcement on Evans?

Yo, FH, where's the announcement on Evans?

Nevermind, found it on sportingnews. i'm figuring this makes it a done deal that henry is still active at least another week.

Nevermind, found it on sportingnews. i'm figuring this makes it a done deal that henry is still active at least another week.

Are the NFL offices closed on Wednesday? :doublethumbsup:

Are the NFL offices closed on Wednesday? :doublethumbsup:

No, but they typically announce all team business, including suspensions, on the last day before what they consider the "work week", which begins on wednesday. i don't know that to be a fact, but it's been the trend thus far. most reports that have come out indicate that if it doesn't happen on Tuesday, it won't happen that week.

Yeah, but Henry was told it's a 4-6 week injury and he's on week 4. and ADP is about to come back from the same thing in the same time. i friggin hate Denver.

AD's injury was to his LCL; the least severe of the knee injuries.

I'd have to think Henry is still the RB1 if healthy. Yeah yeah, both Young and Hall did very well when given the chance, but who's to say Henry wouldn't have done the same thing? Reminds me of the Giants situation. Everyone was gonzo for Ward when he was playing with Jacobs out. When Jacobs returned, there was no RBBC as people speculated there would be. Jacobs was the RB1 the whole time. I think the same holds true for Henry.

i'm just thinking that how it matters is that it adds another body to the bermuda triangle called the bronco backfield. anybody that can figure this thing out ought to be able to pick the lotto #'s.

i'm just thinking that how it matters is that it adds another body to the bermuda triangle called the bronco backfield. anybody that can figure this thing out ought to be able to pick the lotto #'s.

Amen Brutha :rolleyes:

Hmmm... maybe the Broncos know T Henry is not going to be suspended?

Broncos waive FB Kyle Johnson

By Bill Williamson

The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 11/27/2007 04:32:21 PM MST

The Broncos made a swap of a move that they made on Thanksgiving Day. Denver brought back guard Isaac Snell and waived fullback Kyle Johnson.

Johnson, Denver's starting fullback last season, played Sunday in Chicago. Tuesday's move may be an indication that Denver feels better about its injury situation at running back.

Mike Bell was working at tailback last week. The Broncos are dealing with injuries to running backs Travis Henry, Selvin Young and Andre Hall but at least one is expected to play at Oakland on Sunday.

Henry said Monday he expects to be healthy after missing the past three games with a knee injury.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7572671

Yeah, but Henry was told it's a 4-6 week injury and he's on week 4. and ADP is about to come back from the same thing in the same time. i friggin hate Denver. I'm only in this mess because Lynch got hurt.

right here, right now, I swear with God as my witness, I will NEVAH get on the Denver RB roulette wheel again unless it's to grab one to trade to some poor schmuck.

:pointstosky: I learned this a few years back. It is focking maddening when you have to deal with this shiat.

By Bill Williamson

The Denver Post

The Broncos made a swap of a move that they made on Thanksgiving Day. Denver brought back guard Isaac Snell and waived fullback Kyle Johnson.

Johnson, Denver's starting fullback last season, played Sunday in Chicago. Tuesday's move may be an indication that Denver feels better about its injury situation at running back.

Mike Bell was working at tailback last week. The Broncos are dealing with injuries to running backs Travis Henry, Selvin Young and Andre Hall but at least one is expected to play at Oakland on Sunday.

Henry said Monday he expects to be healthy after missing the past three games with a knee injury.

Yep looks like Sapp and Bell go back to FB, and they're counting on Young, Hall and Henry moving forward.

Looked like pretty good blocking by Johnson on Sunday, but that's another point.

I'm adding Travis Henry. Damn the torpedos.

Ha, yeah, that's what I used to say, but then I lost options nos. 1, 2, 3 and 4. Option No. 5 means anything but Ron Dayne or Patrick flippin' Cobbs and leads also to Options No. 6 (Hall), 7 (Young) and 8 (Henry).

By Bill Williamson

The Denver Post

Given they used Hall and Sapp last week when they had Johnson, I believe that waiving Johnson means Selvin Young is ready to go this week. Young came back on the field after his injury against the Titans, so I bet Denver was probably just erring on the side of caution last week by deactivating Henry.

I don't think Henry is ready to play yet, even if he's not going to be suspended.

I'd have to think Henry is still the RB1 if healthy. Yeah yeah, both Young and Hall did very well when given the chance, but who's to say Henry wouldn't have done the same thing? Reminds me of the Giants situation. Everyone was gonzo for Ward when he was playing with Jacobs out. When Jacobs returned, there was no RBBC as people speculated there would be. Jacobs was the RB1 the whole time. I think the same holds true for Henry.

Tom Coughlin =/= Mike Shanahan.

That said, Henry's the guy they brought in and paid the big bucks, and it wasn't to ride the pine. But they'll probably make sure he's 100% before they stick him back in there; he came back prematurely earlier this year and promptly got re-injured, as I recall.

If Travis Henry had 2 positive samples and is not suspended for at least a year, the league office has big problems unless they come up with a really really good reason. And if they do that, it basically means they have to admit error or fault in the matter. Either way if he is not canned, it is not good for the league.

If Travis Henry had 2 positive samples and is not suspended for at least a year, the league office has big problems unless they come up with a really really good reason. And if they do that, it basically means they have to admit error or fault in the matter. Either way if he is not canned, it is not good for the league.

He has nine kids and it is the holidays. Maybe the league is giving the crackhead a break? :lol:

I really wonder if the league did not want to suspend Henry today as the drug suspension would come right on the heels of Sean Taylor's murder and cast the league in a negative light (like the "thug/criminal league" :lol: that the NBA has struggled with).

If Henry is healthy then he will be the starter for Denver.

I really wonder if the league did not want to suspend Henry today as the drug suspension would come right on the heels of Sean Taylor's murder and cast the league in a negative light (like the "thug/criminal league" :dunno: that the NBA has struggled with).

What?????

So you think NOT suspending the "thugs/criminals" creates a positive light on the league??

I couldn't disagree more ...... :music_guitarred:

What?????

So you think NOT suspending the "thugs/criminals" creates a positive light on the league??

I couldn't disagree more ...... :music_guitarred:

It's quite simple: a suspension today creates news. Negative news. No decision from the

league today creates no news.

It's quite simple: a suspension today creates news. Negative news. No decision from the

The public perception is that the NBA has a bigger thug problem than the NFL. In reality the NFL has just as big a problem, if not bigger. The trick is that the NFL pushes alot of this under the rug and does not call attention to its problems. :music_guitarred:

The public perception is that the NBA has a bigger thug problem than the NFL. In reality the NFL has just as big a problem, if not bigger. The trick is that the NFL pushes alot of this under the rug and does not call attention to its problems. :doh:

Link?

:doh: :cry:

I've said that before. Shanahanigans will lure you back in, trust me.

I don't know why everybody hates on my boy T-Hens just because he likes weed and impregnating women. Haters.

i think we have a winner

I don't know why everybody hates on my boy T-Hens just because he likes weed and impregnating women. Haters.

I would guess it would be because his number of touchdowns is vastly outweighed by his number of trips to free anonymous clinics.

Though they did suspend Fred Evans for two games on Tuesday.

The league also implied a decision was going to be made this week regarding Henry. This actually seems like the perfect time to drop the hammer on him; wouldn't be much of a news story with what's going on in Washington, and Henry hasn't been relevant for a month. Doesn't make any more sense to have him return to play a game or two, then suspend him.

Maybe the league is giving the crackhead a break? :thumbsdown:

why... did they send a letter, on your behalf, urging your posting privileges not be suspended?

i dont think Henry is healthy anyway....by the way Hall talks about him and young and never mentions Henry I would say that Henry is not close to coming back....... or he would talk about the 3 of them not just himself and young.....just my opinion

Perfect example of what is wrong with this world.

Travis Henry, a man with 9 kids, who doesn't care about any of them probably and 2 drug suspensions limps on to live another day.

Shawn Taylor, a man with 1 kid, who still lived with his daughter and mother is now gone. :thumbsdown:

I'm not saying either one should be dead, I'm just saying how sad it can be.

So.....where does this actually put Selvin in the mix at?

Worth Keeping?

Had a trade offer Young for Kevin Jones.....what do you think?

No, but they typically announce all team business, including suspensions, on the last day before what they consider the "work week", which begins on wednesday. i don't know that to be a fact, but it's been the trend thus far. most reports that have come out indicate that if it doesn't happen on Tuesday, it won't happen that week.

Jesus, are you ever going to stop making up all of this bullsh1t about this matter and just admit you are a complete dumbasss? The only person that looks more stupid on here day to day is my_2_cents...or should I say Football Scooter.