Sign in to follow this  
clpsuite

D

How funny I was checking the weather reports also. I hope this keeps Brady under a 50 point day. :dunno:

I only need three points from Gostkowski to win. So maybe the wind can die long enough for him to kick a field goal.

That just means that Brady can sit back on the 5 and loft the ball for a 95 yard touchdown pass.

That just means more short passing opportunities for Welker. A replay of last week's game vs Philly would be just fine with me, except Welker would get at least one TD.

I'm not a big fan of the Patriots, I'm just taking advantage of everything they have to offer to us fantasy football players. Brady has pretty much been the stud on one team, and Welker has been a staple on a few other teams.

That just means more short passing opportunities for Welker. A replay of last week's game vs Philly would be just fine with me, except Welker would get at least one TD.

I'm not a big fan of the Patriots, I'm just taking advantage of everything they have to offer to us fantasy football players. Brady has pretty much been the stud on one team, and Welker has been a staple on a few other teams.

Hey champ,any word on how Moss is doing for fantasy teams this year also? I figured since you mentioned Welker and left out Moss that you were missing something in your statement. Please clarify...

I am up by 73 points and still facing Brady/Moss/McGahee - I will take everything mother nature can provide for this one. Please, oh please let there be HUGE wind.

I face those same three players and am up by 88.sumpin That's kind of weird. Who's your starting lineup this week?

Me:

Warner

Wayne/Bowe

Fargas/Gore

Winslow

Folk

SD DEF

That just means that Brady can sit back on the 5 and loft the ball for a 95 yard touchdown pass.

Brady called. He wants you to stop humping his leg.

I need Brady/Moss to score 60 or more tonight. They have combined for 60 or more 6 times this year (in my league)

After last week, I can only hope they try a little harder to get Moss open. Maybe use him like Dallas did with T.O. this past Thursday and move him around and have him in motion. T.O. had a good week and hopefully, like the last time T.O. scored 4, Moss came back and scored 4. Ray Lewis likes to trash talk, so that is added incentive for the Pats to go off.

I got Brady, Welker, NE Def, Ghosty and Willis going tonight and I'm down by 60+. :rolleyes:

But it doesn't matter cause I locked up the #1 seed last week. :rolleyes:

Brady called. He wants you to stop humping his leg.

If he goes 19-0 I'll be humping a lot more than his leg. :rolleyes:

yes - I am still scared. 73 points seems like 10 at this point. :music_guitarred:

I had a lead on Brady and the Pats D of 81 a few weeks ago....and I lost. I am there with you, it will take an act of God to stop the Golden Boy!! Good luck, let's hope the winds knock down all of the passes to D.Mason!!!

I cannot address how the Ravens stadium will handle the wind, but if it doesn't knock it down tremendously Brady will struggle to score 20 tonight. The wind is extreme in the Baltimore area today.

That's good news. I have 27 points to give against a team that's starting Brady and McGahee. Don't think that's enough, but between the Pat's run D and Baltimore's weather, I guess there's a minute amount of hope left. :overhead:

I cannot address how the Ravens stadium will handle the wind, but if it doesn't knock it down tremendously Brady will struggle to score 20 tonight. The wind is extreme in the Baltimore area today.

The wind is going to have a huge affect on field position this evening. Kickoffs and punts for obvious reasons, but how about those longer FG attempts that become 4th down conversion attempts? How are the coaches going to play the field position game when they're kickers can't be trusted on field goals this evening?

IMO, the wind will affect the patriots alot more than ravens. Why? The Ravens have no passing offense to begin with, so we all expect to see lots and lots of Willis. The Pats have really run the ball that effectively this season, and they'll have to do it against a tough raven's defense.

Just a feeling that this game will be alot closer than the predicted blowout.

The wind is going to have a huge affect on field position this evening. Kickoffs and punts for obvious reasons, but how about those longer FG attempts that become 4th down conversion attempts? How are the coaches going to play the field position game when they're kickers can't be trusted on field goals this evening?

IMO, the wind will affect the patriots alot more than ravens. Why? The Ravens have no passing offense to begin with, so we all expect to see lots and lots of Willis. The Pats have really run the ball that effectively this season, and they'll have to do it against a tough raven's defense.

Maroney could do better than expected.

I think Welker could be huge in this game.

I hope you're right and it's at least a good game. Last week's game with Philly was good but I'd like to see NE on the losing end just once.

Maroney could do better than expected.

I think Welker could be huge in this game.

I hope you're right and it's at least a good game. Last week's game with Philly was good but I'd like to see NE on the losing end just once.

I hear that. New England is not a perfect team. There are chinks in the armor, and I think if the wind stays as gusty as it is now (it's whipping like crazy here in Philly), then both QBs are gonna have a hard time throwing the ball (at any distance). The Pats need to show they can establish a running game.

I hear that. New England is not a perfect team. There are chinks in the armor, and I think if the wind stays as gusty as it is now (it's whipping like crazy here in Philly), then both QBs are gonna have a hard time throwing the ball (at any distance). The Pats need to show they can establish a running game.

and i think the weather will finally FORCE them to sit on a lead. and it will take the 40+ yarders to moss out of the equation.

i say what i say as an advocate of 1. the under and (distant) 2. baltimore +19

If the wind in tonights game is anything at all like it is currently in Detroit then I see it almost impossible for either team to throw the ball! These are some of the strongest wind gusts I have felt in a long time!

The passing and kicking game are going to be an absolute joke!

That bodes well for me considering I need Brady to suck tonight!

on the anti-brady/moss campaign as well tonight. with the weather forecast of high winds throughout the night into tomorrow, we may have a shot. should be interesting to see what bill does with the pats offense tonight. will he try and shove it down mother nature's throat??? that ######.

Eeesh, Im down 8 to a team thats finished all of its games and I only have Gostkowski and Mcgahee to go, thought this was almost a sure bet for me to pick up the W....

Maybe this isnt looking as good now...

I live about 15 mins from the ravens stadium...its a windy ###### out here no doubt.

Im going against Welker and Brady, so I am VERY MUCH in favor of their passing game being hindered.

HOWEVER, the Ravens have a stadium thats completely closed off around the outside, and with the 9/11 stuff they even close the gates on the bottom that could let in more wind.

Id say most of the passes wont be too effected from the wind honestly....as much as that pains me to say.

HOWEVER, the Ravens have a stadium thats completely closed off around the outside, and with the 9/11 stuff they even close the gates on the bottom that could let in more wind.

Id say most of the passes wont be too effected from the wind honestly....as much as that pains me to say.

Why you gotta go and ruin a good thread with logic and fact. :doublethumbsup:

Why you gotta go and ruin a good thread with logic and fact. :doublethumbsup:

I know, it pains me too.....damn pats :) (meaning damn Brady and welker!!!)

Eeesh, Im down 8 to a team thats finished all of its games and I only have Gostkowski and Mcgahee to go, thought this was almost a sure bet for me to pick up the W....

Maybe this isnt looking as good now...

maybe the ravens keep the gates open tonight to hinder the passing attack. if the the patriots could clear a path for their kicker in the snow....

maybe the ravens keep the gates open tonight to hinder the passing attack. if the the patriots could clear a path for their kicker in the snow....

They do it in Jets Stadium when the Giants play. :thumbsup:

First week of playoffs: I need to keep Gostkowski under 8 points for the win. Lets go wind!

If he goes 19-0 I'll be humping a lot more than his leg. :thumbsup:

Patriots Forever!

QB Big Ben, Derek Anderson

RB Marion Barber, Selvin Young, Ernest Graham, Larry Johnson

WR Donald Driver, Dwayne Bowie, Donte Stallworth, Laveranues Coles, Mike Furry

TE Benjamin Watson

PK Neil Rackers

DF New England, Tennessee

Since you are such a football expert... who is Dwayne Bowie???

Patriots Forever!

QB Big Ben, Derek Anderson

RB Marion Barber, Selvin Young, Ernest Graham, Larry Johnson

WR Donald Driver, Dwayne Bowie, Donte Stallworth, Laveranues Coles, Mike Furry

TE Benjamin Watson

PK Neil Rackers

DF New England, Tennessee

Since you are such a football expert... who is Dwayne Bowie???

That's the only thing that you could pick out of that lineup that's wrong?

That guy must be 2-11, I wonder why he's still here.

That's the only thing that you could pick out of that lineup that's wrong?

That guy must be 2-11, I wonder why he's still here.

Well you know we can't all be in an 8 team league like you. :unsure:

As for Bowie, waiver wire steal. Nobody else is catching the ball in KC.

Well you know we can't all be in an 8 team league like you. :cheers:

As for Bowie, waiver wire steal. Nobody else is catching the ball in KC.

Justy... Bro... my point was not to rip your lineup. I simply questioned your expertise, considering you don't even know the guys name.

David Bowie

Dwayne BOWE

Didn't care to see my opponent's RB punch it in for the Ravens but I'd gladly give up a win this week to see the Pats lose. All those guys with the Brady/Moss combo may wonder if the Pats lose this whether Brady/Moss/Welker sit in final couple weeks or get limited play time.

Update - not that anyone cares

Brady/Moss/McGahee have whittle my lead down 38.5

14:45 minutes to go in the fourth - 24 - 17 Ravens

I do; that combo has my lead down to 40. Maybe we should bow our heads in prayer........... :overhead:

:dunno: