Sign in to follow this  
Joelyshane232

Do I dare sit Willie Parker this week? (Playoff Game)

Fargas and T. Jones. FWP has done nothing last 5 weeks and Fargas has tore it up last 2 weeks. I am a beliver in dance with who got you there, but I don't think Willie brought me to the dance, that honor went to Westbrook.

FWP is done seeing my lineup. He may be the biggest "quiet" bust of this year. He doesn't touch the ball inside the 15 yd line. If I were you, I'd go with Fargas. Fudge WP.

FWP will probably get 100 total yards, but don't count on any TDs. Pittsburgh under OC Bruce Arians seems to be committed to throwing in the red zone, and not running it. I don't think there's a player in the NFL that misses his former offensive coordinator more than Parker misses Ken Whisenhunt (and OL coach Russ Grimm too for that matter). I guarantee you if the Steelers get first and goal at the 1, they will throw to Heath Miller instead of giving the ball to their bellcow. Whoops, I think Parker just fumbled again.... :thumbsup:

I am saying this as a Patriots fan, Parker is a must start.

He will have a big day. :thumbsup:

FWP is done seeing my lineup. He may be the biggest "quiet" bust of this year. He doesn't touch the ball inside the 15 yd line. If I were you, I'd go with Fargas. Fudge WP.

Before Week 7, I laughed when another owner offered me Graham for FWP as part of a package deal. Now he's enjoying the 15-21 scoring while I endure FWP's 5-8 points in crunch time :thumbsup: :cry: :cry:

Start Fargas.

Most people don't have the option of sitting FWP and I see the start % on most sites has 90% starting Willie. McGahee put up some good stats against NE, but he gets goal line carries. I just don't see FWP blowing up for 100 and 2-3 TDs. He is ranked high each week in projections, yet never delivers. I have been starting him like most people, but I figure I have nothing to lose now. It is not like he is gonna get me 30-40 fantasy points this week. I guess Big Ben is stealing Willie's goal line TD action this year. They really should have put out a memo to the fantasy world. Give a brotha some notice! :thumbsup:

Most people don't have the option of sitting FWP and I see the start % on most sites has 90% starting Willie. McGahee put up some good stats against NE, but he gets goal line carries. I just don't see FWP blowing up for 100 and 2-3 TDs. He is ranked high each week in projections, yet never delivers. I have been starting him like most people, but I figure I have nothing to lose now. It is not like he is gonna get me 30-40 fantasy points this week. I guess Big Ben is stealing Willie's goal line TD action this year. They really should have put out a memo to the fantasy world. Give a brotha some notice! :thumbsup:

wow

That bastard will be on my bench henceforth. He had the easiest stretch of the year recently (Jets, Cincy, Miami) and crapped his pants. No way should anybody with a viable option on their bench put FWP in the line-up.

I've got McGahee, AP and Gore to choose from, so I not hurting in the least.

Somebody give me an opinion about sitting FWP for Chester Taylor. I am starting All Day and Kolby Smith for sure.

With Willie getting so many games over 100 yards, I keep thinking he will break a run for a TD from outside the red zone. Chester Taylor should get a short TD run.

The Steeler O-line isn't really moving people and Willie keeps running into the wall without bouncing it outside. Why, I don't know, but he's killin' me.

He sits this week. If he can't run against Cincy, he can run against nobody. FWP isn't F anymore.

Fargas will be a much better option. Heck, I plan on starting CBrown instead of Parker.

I'm starting FWP this week and think he's gonna have a great game. The last 2 games were played on HORRIBLE field conditions in which cutting was virtually impossible. The Steelers are gonna try to run on NE, bank on it. FWP may not have a great YPC but will get at minimum 25 attempts this game, especially with DavenPooP more than likely to miss the game again with a right foot injury. Hell, the Steelers are looking at re-signing Veron Haynes to add depth...doubt he will play this soon though....basically FWP is the Steelers only option to run the ball.

I hate to say I told ya so, but I told ya so. When I traded FWP for Steve Jackson back in Week 10 is was called a fool, but as 2nd-year FWP owner I knew this wasn't the same guy I had last year. He rarely gets touches at the goaline, he's not making people miss anymore, and Big Ben has suddenly become a TD vulture inside the 10-15 yard line.

Those matchups against MIA and Cincy were supposed to be an early Christmas, instead they turned into April Fool's Day. Do like I did, save yourselves and cut your losses on FWP.

I am a former FWP owner and I approved this message

I expect the Steelers to run all over the Pats. They have seen the model of how to slow them down. I expect 120 yards from FWP, but probably no TD.

That said, I am strongly considering Ron Dayne over FWP.

Fargas over FWP is a no-brainer.

Fargas and T. Jones. FWP has done nothing last 5 weeks and Fargas has tore it up last 2 weeks. I am a beliver in dance with who got you there, but I don't think Willie brought me to the dance, that honor went to Westbrook.

FWP has been on my bench for over a month, hes useless. I would start fargas over him for sure.

Now is not the time to gamble with your #2 slot at RB... Fargas AT Lambeau isn't an enticing matchup at all. GB knows that Fargas is the only offensive threat on that team, so I bet you the defense will play man cover 1 70% of the time. Basically that means the front seven will be close to the line in man coverage with the SS in the LB zone. Porter and Curry aren't that threatening especially with mccown/russell at QB, so Harris/Woodson will play man coverage on them. Also, Thomas Jones might be a good play, but really would you want to risk it? How do you expect PITT to play at NE...?? They will try and dominate the time of possession battle by running the ball and even if Parker isn't able to find the end zone, he will definately compile a substantialy impressive amount of total yards.

Now is not the time to gamble with your #2 slot at RB... Fargas AT Lambeau isn't an enticing matchup at all. GB knows that Fargas is the only offensive threat on that team, so I bet you the defense will play man cover 1 70% of the time. Basically that means the front seven will be close to the line in man coverage with the SS in the LB zone. Porter and Curry aren't that threatening especially with mccown/russell at QB, so Harris/Woodson will play man coverage on them. Also, Thomas Jones might be a good play, but really would you want to risk it? How do you expect PITT to play at NE...?? They will try and dominate the time of possession battle by running the ball and even if Parker isn't able to find the end zone, he will definately compile a substantialy impressive amount of total yards.

I agree with this assessment completely. Willie Parker is no longer a must-start guy, but in this scenario, I think you should start him. Fargas has a bad matchup, in the cold of Lambeau. He is on a bad offense and the Pack will focus on stopping the run. Parker on the other hand should get a TON of carries against the Pats. Will he find the end zone? This year's production says no. But is he a good shot for a 100 yard game? I'd say so. I think Parker is the safer option this week. Now if you consider your team a huge dog to the team you play in the first round, well maybe take a shot with Fargas blowing up, but I just don't see it.

(Sarcasm) No you should start Willie Parker. I mean ask everyone. The Pats Defense is old and they should have lost the last 2 games against Philly and Baltimore.

Westbrook and McGahee owned the Pats Defense. I haven't seen so much running since "The Terry Fox" story on HBO Terry Fox Story If I was you I'd start Willie Parker and bench the rest of your team. I mean heck the Patriots are terrible at home, terrible against the run and it's not like they have owned Pittsburgh at home for about 10 years.

(End Sarcasm)

Sit the guy. He's busted this year and he's busted on Sunday. These yahoos all think the Pats suck don't risk your fantasy season on Football Scooter, Jarvis Basnight and the usual gang of dolts advice.

(Sarcasm) No you should start Willie Parker. I mean ask everyone. The Pats Defense is old and they should have lost the last 2 games against Philly and Baltimore.

Westbrook and McGahee owned the Pats Defense. I haven't seen so much running since "The Terry Fox" story on HBO Terry Fox Story If I was you I'd start Willie Parker and bench the rest of your team. I mean heck the Patriots are terrible at home, terrible against the run and it's not like they have owned Pittsburgh at home for about 10 years.

(End Sarcasm)

Sit the guy. He's busted this year and he's busted on Sunday. These yahoos all think the Pats suck don't risk your fantasy season on Football Scooter, Jarvis Basnight and the usual gang of dolts advice.

Of course a Pats fan will say Parker is a terrible start... People you need to think outside of the box... Has it occured to you that Parker has done terrible the last 3 games because

1. At the Jets , Rothlisberger had no chance at passing with the constant pressure from the Jets, therefore when parker ran the ball the Jets knew EVERY single time it was coming.

2. Last 2 games have been on that Shotty sod at Heinz field.

Now before these 3 terrible games Parker was a top RB every week, and now people will stay away from him? The almighty pats are not the best defense against the run, primarily due to the system of the 3-4 and we saw it last week when Adalius was moved outside and the interior LB's like Bruschi/Seau started to show their age. With Davenport hurt, Parker will get the ball 30+ times to control the time of possession and keep Brady off the field.

I am starting E Graham and SJax over FWP.

I just cannot ignore the possibility that the Steelers could find themselves behind by 21 points, and the control the clock plan will go out the window before halftime.

I hope that FWP gets 30 carries and the Steelers upset the undefeated team, but I am not willing to bank my fantasy playoffs on it.

From a fantasy perspective I think that Big Ben will be the best Steeler to have this week.

I'm starting Graham and Portis over him in my playoff matchup

NE's defense sucks, but at some point they have to start having some pride.... :thumbsdown:

whos run wild in that crap field known as heinz?

is cheater field in any better shape?....if so...start him....

fargas vs the packers AT lambeau..IN the cold and snow(ok, light snow).....

riiiiiight....

go down with the big guys....if you die because of huggy bear jr...while willie breaks one FINALLY....you will drink yourself into a coma sunday night..

(didnt willie magay-hb get enough yards last week? it only takes 1 break on a 3rd and 1 to make a day worth it (like ryan grant vs dallas)....

whos run wild in that crap field known as heinz?

is cheater field in any better shape?....if so...start him....

fargas vs the packers AT lambeau..IN the cold and snow(ok, light snow).....

riiiiiight....

go down with the big guys....if you die because of huggy bear jr...while willie breaks one FINALLY....you will drink yourself into a coma sunday night..

(didnt willie magay-hb get enough yards last week? it only takes 1 break on a 3rd and 1 to make a day worth it (like ryan grant vs dallas)....

Willie has not showed that gear this year.

Willie has not showed that gear this year.

ok, you can tell im not IN FF this year....I tried....

ive been burned in the past with the same scenario....

i would rather die with the guys i drafted...why draft or keep him then?....

fargas isnt going anywhere sunday...

as for the rest of your boys? you may have better options...

im benching FWP for kolby smith. people keep saying well pittsburgh will run 20 30 40 hell they will run every f*cking play. i say, you cant run if your not winning. and thats exactly whats going to be the case that pitsburgh secondary is gonna get eaten up by moss like a thanksgiving turkey. you just watch. olears33 says so ya ill put my name on the line for this, as well as my ff season :argue:

I'm starting Graham and Portis over him in my playoff matchup

NE's defense sucks, but at some point they have to start having some pride.... :argue:

NE is the top fantasy defense and they are a top 5 NFL defense in real life. How do they suck? :dunno:

WOAH, woah, woah folks...holy smokes y'all have wondered so far off topic that I'm not sure we can even retrieve it, but here's my attempt.

1) Of course SJax, Graham, Portis, McGahee, etc. are better starts than FWP, but the OP doesn't have that option. His only option to :dunno: FWP is to play T Jones or Fargas. There is no way you can compare Graham and his matchup to Fargas and his matchup. Both of these guys are playing extremely well right now, and have carried a ton of teams to the post-season, but neither of them have earned the "stud" moniker yet, and therefore have not earned the right to be blindly put into the lineup without considering other options.

2) Fargas has a miserable matchup this week against GB at Lambeau in the freezing focking cold. GB's run D has been very, very good thus far this year. Heck, they basically shut down AD, which only Childress had been able to do prior to that. OAK has nothing else going for them other than Fargas, and GB knows this. OAK has no other real weapons to take the heat off of Fargas, and they are playing a rookie QB who has a grand total of 1/2 of 1 game under his belt. GB is going to load up to stop Fargas, just like they did to AD, and I don't see what OAK can do to counter that.

3) NE has shown some significant vulnerabilities that last two weeks. They could have been caused by a fluke let-down or by legitimate issues. That door could swing either way at this point, and we won't know the real cause for another few weeks.

4) Pitt is going to make every effort to try and exploit said vulnerabilities. FWP, although underperforming expectations this year, has still run for a bunch of yards. We know he has the potential to break out and have a stupid-human type game because we've seen him do it, even though he hasn't done it yet this year. FWP will get plenty of touches in this game as Pitt does everything in their power to keep NE's offense off of the field, and Pitt at least can do other things on offense to keep NE from solely keying on FWP.

Both matchups suck, but you gotta start FWP in this situation over Fargas. FWP just has more potential upside than Fargas given the strengths and weaknesses of their teams and their matchups. Plus, I remember seeing around here a few times the concept that when all else is equal, go with the player in the better, more prolific offense as some of that potential can be passed down to the player in question by default. And, there is absolutely no question that Pitt is a much, much better offense overall than OAK. FWP is the more logical choice in this situation, even though it's basically a toss-up. Start FWP and hope for the best. That's all you can do. :argue:

All you have to do is look at FWP's last three games (against the three worst defenses in the league, no less):

- NYJ = 21 / 52 / 0 :wacko:

- Miami = 24 / 81 / 0

- Cincy = 28 / 87 / 0

Nowhere in those numbers do I see a reason to start that fumbling mofo. It doesn't help, either, that Pitt continues to run him between the tackles as if he's Bettis; they rarely attempt to get him on the edge.

That bastard is on my bench!!!

All you have to do is look at FWP's last three games (against the three worst defenses in the league, no less):

- NYJ = 21 / 52 / 0 :pointstosky:

- Miami = 24 / 81 / 0

- Cincy = 28 / 87 / 0

Nowhere in those numbers do I see a reason to start that fumbling mofo. It doesn't help, either, that Pitt continues to run him between the tackles as if he's Bettis; they rarely attempt to get him on the edge.

That bastard is on my bench!!!

Did you see Heinz field the last 2 games. If you did, you wouldn't have made those comments, because that is your reason for the lack of success of that 'fumbling mofo' - a term itself which is explained by the field conditions. There is no reason for his performance against the Jets, that was inexcusable. But it is not a matter of Parker being an ineffective RB; the field conditions were a situational occurance. Considering, I think he actually did pretty good with 80+ yards in each of those games, save the fumbles. Versus Fargas, I would start FWP no doubt. I think this game is going to rest on Willie P's shoulders, and will be closer than people think.

Did you see Heinz field the last 2 games. If you did, you wouldn't have made those comments, because that is your reason for the lack of success of that 'fumbling mofo' - a term itself which is explained by the field conditions. There is no reason for his performance against the Jets, that was inexcusable. But it is not a matter of Parker being an ineffective RB; the field conditions were a situational occurance. Considering, I think he actually did pretty good with 80+ yards in each of those games, save the fumbles. Versus Fargas, I would start FWP no doubt. I think this game is going to rest on Willie P's shoulders, and will be closer than people think.

FWP is at best a mid level #2 RB this week. If there is a better option, then people should roll with that instead of Willie. :pointstosky:

Point well taken, but there are 3 things that concern me about FWP this year, even though I started him every week so far:

1 - obviously, his lack of TDs

2 - Pitt's insistence on not giving him any "money" carries (3rd down & goalline carries)

3 - Pitt's inability to get him out in space with swing passes or pitch-out runs to fully utilize his speed and quickness

So for those reasons, his butter-finger ass is on my bench in favor of AP and McGahee.

Point well taken, but there are 3 things that concern me about FWP this year, even though I started him every week so far:

1 - obviously, his lack of TDs

2 - Pitt's insistence on not giving him any "money" carries (3rd down & goalline carries)

3 - Pitt's inability to get him out in space with swing passes or pitch-out runs to fully utilize his speed and quickness

So for those reasons, his butter-finger ass is on my bench in favor of AP and McGahee.

I wholeheartedly agree. Being a Parker owner it is frustrating to see them use him that way, especially considering the guys they plug in there, including Daverport, are literally no better than Paker. And I am not talkng about just pass-catching, they are not better blockers either. I will say that Verron Hayes was actually a better blocker than Parker, and a good pass-cather. With Davenport, they just want a big body in there but I have seen them both and would argue that they are similar blockers, and Parker is in fact a better receiver. I think they just want to conserve him since he gets 20+ carries all the time, and not make him susceptible to injury when grinding out the tough yardage on third downs and the goalline. I would like to see them give him a chance, because despite saying things like "Parker will get the first crack at 3rd downs and inside the red zone", I have yet to see any of it.

I essentially have a bye week and just playing for overall pts this week so I don't feel much pressure on this decision.

But I am thinking of putting Parker on the Bench for Henry....if for no other reason, it will almost certainly give Parker 100 yards and a TD vs. the Pats this week.... :shocking: yes I do have that kind of power

I essentially have a bye week and just playing for overall pts this week so I don't feel much pressure on this decision.

But I am thinking of putting Parker on the Bench for Henry....if for no other reason, it will almost certainly give Parker 100 yards and a TD vs. the Pats this week.... :wacko: yes I do have that kind of power

If you have that power, then put Henry on the bench so I can get a big game from him. :lol:

But I am thinking of putting Parker on the Bench for Henry....if for no other reason, it will almost certainly give Parker 100 yards and a TD vs. the Pats this week.... :lol: yes I do have that kind of power

Excellent. Put him there. In fact, put him under the bench. If you need to, cut him. Maybe that will result in 200 yards and 2-3 TDs. :rolleyes: