Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Sex Your Way to Better Health

Sex Your Way to Better Health: A Dozen Reasons Why You Should Have Sex Tonight

Monday, December 17, 2007

By Yvonne K. Fulbright

Dr. Fulbright is a sex educator and relationship expert

Sex – it does the body good.

Yet most of us are quicker to hit the gym before hitting the sheets when it comes to taking care of ourselves. Believe it or not, huffing and puffing your way through a hot, sweat-inducing sex session may be far more beneficial to your overall health than the time you spend on the treadmill.

As research confirms time and time again, good sex in a healthy, stable, monogamous relationship can only better our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well being. Sex, in this context, offers us tons of benefits, most of which aren’t touted nearly enough.

Here are just a few benefits:

Weight loss and weight control. Forget torturing yourself with the latest fad diet or hours on the elliptical machine when you can burn about 200 calories in 30 minutes of sex! Lovemaking lends itself to improved strength, flexibility, muscle tone, and cardiovascular conditioning. Plus, there’s something super sexy about getting to sleep with your very own “personal trainer.”

Pain management. Forgo popping a pain killer and opt for something a bit more “au naturel.” Sex has been shown to offer migraine and menstrual cramp relief, as well as alleviate chronic back pain thanks to the endorphins and corticosteroids released during sexual arousal and orgasm.

Stress relief. Sex, even if only with ourselves, impacts the way we respond to stress, increasing levels of oxytocin and stimulating feelings of warmth and relaxation. What better way to unwind from a tough day than sharing its most climactic moment with your special someone?

Immune booster. Stop spending late nights at the office. Sex wards off colds and the flu. And sexually active people take fewer sick days, giving the phrase “working late” an entirely new meaning. Bosses, take note.

Better heart health. A little bit of heart and soul in the sack should be part of every doctor’s orders when it comes to cardiovascular care. Sex may help lower cholesterol and the risk of heart attack.

Increased self-esteem and intimacy. When sex is consistent and involves mutual pleasure, it can increase bonding since the surge in oxytocin at orgasm stimulates feelings of affection, intimacy, and closeness. When spiritual in nature, sex can lead to an even better quality of life and stronger relationship. Is it any wonder that good sexual energy in a positive relationship can make you feel better about yourself, your partner, and life in general?

Sleep enhancement. There’s no need to count sheep when sex, including masturbation, helps insomnia. Plus, making love sure beats tossing and turning your way to zzzz’s.

A better, younger looking you. Sex keeps you looking and feeling younger and, according to some research, may lead to shiny hair, a glowing complexion and bright eyes. This is because it increases the youth-promoting hormone DHEA (dehydroepiandrostone). And feeling more attractive charges your sex life even more.

Mood lifter. Sex releases pleasure-inducing endorphins during arousal and climax that can relieve depression and anxiety, and increase vibrancy.

Longevity. There is a significant relationship between frequency of orgasm and risk of death, especially with men. Men who orgasm two times a week have a 50 percent lower chance of mortality than those who climax one time per month. The bonus: Living longer also gives you and your honey the opportunity for even more lovin’!

Decreased risk of breast cancer. One study of women who had never given birth found that an increased frequency of sexual intercourse was correlated with a decrease in the incidence of breast cancer.

Reproductive health benefits. According to at least one study, sex appears to decrease a man’s risk of prostate cancer, and the prevention of endometriosis in women. It also promotes fertility in women by regulating menstrual patterns.

In a nutshell, the health benefits of sex in a good, solid relationship are practically endless. Yet, in planning our New Year’s resolutions, how many of us are declaring, “I think I’ll have more sex with my lover” in fulfilling any 2008 health and self-improvement goals?

While exercise on a regular basis is important to your health, sex can do so much more for you and your relationship. So before signing any dotted line for a new gym membership, consider how time allotted to an athletic club could be far more effective in your boudoir.

You can get a lot more bang for your buck in the bedroom, double your “membership” benefits, and, with sex breeding the desire for more sex, thanks to a boost in testosterone, it’s a workout plan you’re likelier to stick to.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317189,00.html

Sex Your Way to Better Health: A Dozen Reasons Why You Should Have Sex Tonight

Monday, December 17, 2007

By Yvonne K. Fulbright

Dr. Fulbright is a sex educator and relationship expert

Sex – it does the body good.

Yet most of us are quicker to hit the gym before hitting the sheets when it comes to taking care of ourselves. Believe it or not, huffing and puffing your way through a hot, sweat-inducing sex session may be far more beneficial to your overall health than the time you spend on the treadmill.

As research confirms time and time again, good sex in a healthy, stable, monogamous relationship can only better our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well being. Sex, in this context, offers us tons of benefits, most of which aren’t touted nearly enough.

Here are just a few benefits:

Weight loss and weight control. Forget torturing yourself with the latest fad diet or hours on the elliptical machine when you can burn about 200 calories in 30 minutes of sex! Lovemaking lends itself to improved strength, flexibility, muscle tone, and cardiovascular conditioning. Plus, there’s something super sexy about getting to sleep with your very own “personal trainer.”

Pain management. Forgo popping a pain killer and opt for something a bit more “au naturel.” Sex has been shown to offer migraine and menstrual cramp relief, as well as alleviate chronic back pain thanks to the endorphins and corticosteroids released during sexual arousal and orgasm.

Stress relief. Sex, even if only with ourselves, impacts the way we respond to stress, increasing levels of oxytocin and stimulating feelings of warmth and relaxation. What better way to unwind from a tough day than sharing its most climactic moment with your special someone?

Immune booster. Stop spending late nights at the office. Sex wards off colds and the flu. And sexually active people take fewer sick days, giving the phrase “working late” an entirely new meaning. Bosses, take note.

Better heart health. A little bit of heart and soul in the sack should be part of every doctor’s orders when it comes to cardiovascular care. Sex may help lower cholesterol and the risk of heart attack.

Increased self-esteem and intimacy. When sex is consistent and involves mutual pleasure, it can increase bonding since the surge in oxytocin at orgasm stimulates feelings of affection, intimacy, and closeness. When spiritual in nature, sex can lead to an even better quality of life and stronger relationship. Is it any wonder that good sexual energy in a positive relationship can make you feel better about yourself, your partner, and life in general?

Sleep enhancement. There’s no need to count sheep when sex, including masturbation, helps insomnia. Plus, making love sure beats tossing and turning your way to zzzz’s.

A better, younger looking you. Sex keeps you looking and feeling younger and, according to some research, may lead to shiny hair, a glowing complexion and bright eyes. This is because it increases the youth-promoting hormone DHEA (dehydroepiandrostone). And feeling more attractive charges your sex life even more.

Mood lifter. Sex releases pleasure-inducing endorphins during arousal and climax that can relieve depression and anxiety, and increase vibrancy.

Longevity. There is a significant relationship between frequency of orgasm and risk of death, especially with men. Men who orgasm two times a week have a 50 percent lower chance of mortality than those who climax one time per month. The bonus: Living longer also gives you and your honey the opportunity for even more lovin’!

Decreased risk of breast cancer. One study of women who had never given birth found that an increased frequency of sexual intercourse was correlated with a decrease in the incidence of breast cancer.

Reproductive health benefits. According to at least one study, sex appears to decrease a man’s risk of prostate cancer, and the prevention of endometriosis in women. It also promotes fertility in women by regulating menstrual patterns.

In a nutshell, the health benefits of sex in a good, solid relationship are practically endless. Yet, in planning our New Year’s resolutions, how many of us are declaring, “I think I’ll have more sex with my lover” in fulfilling any 2008 health and self-improvement goals?

While exercise on a regular basis is important to your health, sex can do so much more for you and your relationship. So before signing any dotted line for a new gym membership, consider how time allotted to an athletic club could be far more effective in your boudoir.

You can get a lot more bang for your buck in the bedroom, double your “membership” benefits, and, with sex breeding the desire for more sex, thanks to a boost in testosterone, it’s a workout plan you’re likelier to stick to.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317189,00.html

:pointstosky: :shocking:

Forget torturing yourself with the latest fad diet or hours on the elliptical machine when you can burn about 200 calories in 30 minutes of sex!

as if :shocking:

I'm gonna beat my meat like it owes me money.

It's not true that sex is good for your health. Take me for example. I was having some fantastic sex (with a woman!) for a couple months and then, BAM, herniated disc in my back. Now I haven't left my bed for two weeks. And said woman has ditched me. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

Outstanding. I sent this link to my wife tonight from my hotel. I'm sure she will take it fully to heart when I return tomorrow evening. :bandana:

Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:14 AM

To: kutulu

Subject: shopping

Hi. Why don't you wait until tomorrow to get boots when we're out? Sears is a good place too and we're going there.

where do you want to go for lunch?

;o)

kt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"kutulu" <> wrote:

I will buy them tomorrow, but I am still going to run in Bob’s and just look real quick. I parked over there anyway this morning. Where do I want to eat? Where I always want to eat…at the Y.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"kt" <> wrote:

I knew you would say that! We can save that for dessert. ;-) How about lunch?

:thumbsdown: :banana: :blink: :banana: :dunno:

It's not true that sex is good for your health. Take me for example. I was having some fantastic sex (with a woman!) for a couple months and then, BAM, herniated disc in my back. Now I haven't left my bed for two weeks. And said woman has ditched me. Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

:doublethumbsup:

I will have to send this to my husband.

:cheers:

My workout routine just became a whole lot more interesting.

Weight loss and weight control. Forget torturing yourself with the latest fad diet or hours on the elliptical machine when you can burn about 200 calories in 30 minutes of sex!

—[/url]

How many calories can you burn in 4 minutes?

How many calories can you burn in 4 minutes?

Depends. If it's slow, romantic lovemaking, probably like 5. If it's fast jack-hammer sex, maybe 10.

:music_guitarred:

Depends. If it's slow, romantic lovemaking, probably like 5. If it's fast jack-hammer sex, maybe 10.

:unsure:

Well...which do YOU prefer? Do tell! (speak slowly and be as specific as possible!)

:mad:

Actually, she may not have ditched me after all. I got the call earlier today..."I'm so sorry, I just didn't know how to deal with it...I couldn't bear to see you helpless like that...". I wonder if I should take her back? I do kinda like the girl, but that was lame the way she reacted in my time of need. Plus, won't I just throw my back out again when I get better and we start up with the fantastic sex again? She's a hellcat.

If sex is the way to better health, I died about a decade ago. :mad: :mad:

If sex is the way to better health, I died about a decade ago. :mad: :mad:

You remind me of my favorite uncle. Always like him, but man was he grumpy and angry at the world. Is your name Jeff?

Actually, she may not have ditched me after all. I got the call earlier today..."I'm so sorry, I just didn't know how to deal with it...I couldn't bear to see you helpless like that...". I wonder if I should take her back? I do kinda like the girl, but that was lame the way she reacted in my time of need. Plus, won't I just throw my back out again when I get better and we start up with the fantastic sex again? She's a hellcat.

Maybe she was just sick of wiping your ass after you took a dump. Get out of bed since that herniated disc is only in your head. :mad:

Outstanding. I sent this link to my wife tonight from my hotel. I'm sure she will take it fully to heart when I return tomorrow evening. :mad:

She could be "taking it fully to heart" right now. :mad:

Just sayin'.