Sign in to follow this  
Boz/BoFan

Iran: Top cleric says women without veils must DIE

Tehran, 19 Dec. (AKI) - A top Muslim cleric in Iran, Hojatolislam Gholam Reza Hassani said on Wednesday that women in Iran who do not wear the hijab or Muslim headscarf, should die.

"Women who do not respect the hijab and their husbands deserve to die," said Hassani, who leads Friday prayers in the city of Urumieh, in Iranian Azerbaijan.

"I do not understand how these women who do not respect the hijab, 28 years after the birth of the Islamic Republic, are still alive," he said.

"These women and their husbands and their fathers must die," said Hassani, who is the representative of the Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei in eastern Azerbaijan.

Hassani's statements came after two Kurdish feminists in Iran were accused of being members of an armed rebel group and of carrying out subversive activities threatening the security of the state.

It is believed that his statements and the arrests could spark a fresh crackdown on women who do not repect the Islamic dress code in Iran.

Thousands of women in Iran have already been warned this year for their "un-Islamic dress" such as wearing tight, short coats and skimpy headscarves.

such a wonderful culture those people have......

there was a girl killed in Canada recently for this...i believe some in the Islamic community called it an "honor killing" :thumbsup:

Its our right to dress how we want. They are just jealous because we look better in robes than they do.

In Iraq it's steadily happening that a few women here and there that are seen not wearing hijab are disappearing and their bodies later found mutilated, burned or decapitated. There's a particular fanatic sect still organized that's doing this, and so for the MANY women over there that are have jobs and get out and about and wear western clothes, it's a real danger for them. I just did a research paper on Wahhabism with a focus in Saudi Arabia mainly, but from all the research it seems like honor killings are happening every day in different ME regions. In SA, it's not just the hijab but full Burqa and here we are political and economic allies.

In Iraq it's steadily happening that a few women here and there that are seen not wearing hijab are disappearing and their bodies later found mutilated, burned or decapitated. There's a particular fanatic sect still organized that's doing this, and so for the MANY women over there that are have jobs and get out and about and wear western clothes, it's a real danger for them. I just did a research paper on Wahhabism with a focus in Saudi Arabia mainly, but from all the research it seems like honor killings are happening every day in different ME regions. In SA, it's not just the hijab but full Burqa and here we are political and economic allies.

Hence, gayest religion of all time.

Hence, gayest religion of all time.

In seriousness, there actually is a high rate of homosexuality in Saudi Arabia, especially among the little more wealthy and powerful men. My theory on why is that since women truly aren't as human to them, they're something below, when someone has a respector of persons type personality (lot of people out there) in that situation, only men can be attractive to them. Plus a culture where there is much ado about honor and prestige breeds a lot of respector of persons type personalities.

My theory on why is that since women truly aren't as human to them, they're something below, when someone has a respector of persons type personality (lot of people out there) in that situation, only men can be attractive to them. Plus a culture where there is much ado about honor and prestige breeds a lot of respector of persons type personalities.

Either that or they just enjoy the c0ck.

Either that or they just enjoy the c0ck.

That would be odd though if it was simply (well they do like it, but the desire spawns from the environment), likely something else has to explain how one particular region has a lot of homosexuality if people don't go away from place of origin in order to live there, like say the Castro district in San Francisco.

In seriousness, there actually is a high rate of homosexuality in Saudi Arabia, especially among the little more wealthy and powerful men. My theory on why is that since women truly aren't as human to them, they're something below, when someone has a respector of persons type personality (lot of people out there) in that situation, only men can be attractive to them. Plus a culture where there is much ado about honor and prestige breeds a lot of respector of persons type personalities.

I heard a theory that it's because of the polygamy Islam allows. If men are allowed 4 brides, that means up to 75% of men aren't getting laid.

Those men have to release tension somehow. It's either with each other, or they blow stuff up.

I heard a theory that it's because of the polygamy Islam allows. If men are allowed 4 brides, that means up to 75% of men aren't getting laid.

Those men have to release tension somehow. It's either with each other, or they blow stuff up.

I heard the same thing. It's also supposedly why the whole 72 Virgins thing is so appealing, as well as one of the root causes of the rampant repression of women in their society.

If men are allowed 4 brides, that means up to 75% of men aren't getting laid.

The math of this troubles me :music_guitarred:

Get that if for every man, four women are taken, every unmarried man has a thin pool. But in most ME countries I think they only do have one, and in SA, probably up to around 4, but it's not common. Also we should assume the married men are having the secks with their wives, so 75% of men has to be reflecting who's unmarried, wouldn't guess only 25% of men are married. Anyway, this makes sense on a level.

Davebg- wouldn't say polygamy causes repression of women, but when women aren't valued the same as human beings, it's a good context for it. Would reverse the cause and effect there.

The math of this troubles me :music_guitarred:

Get that if for every man, four women are taken, every unmarried man has a thin pool. But in most ME countries I think they only do have one, and in SA, probably up to around 4, but it's not common. Also we should assume the married men are having the secks with their wives, so 75% of men has to be reflecting who's unmarried, wouldn't guess only 25% of men are married. Anyway, this makes sense on a level.

That's why I put up to.

Obviously it won't be 25/75 split, but if you've got a system that allows men more than 1 bride, that means that other men go without. I don't know the logistics of how the each Middle Eastern country has their marriage systems set up, but I do know that at least some allow polygamy.

Yeah, this guy is sane:

A conservative Iranian cleric has denounced the "moral depravity" of owning a dog, and called for the arrest of all dogs and their owners.

Dogs are considered unclean in Islamic law and the spread of dog ownership in Westernised secular circles in Iran is frowned upon by the religious establishment.

"I demand the judiciary arrest all dogs with long, medium or short legs - together with their long-legged owners," Hojatolislam Hassani is quoted as saying in the reformist Etemad newspaper.

"Otherwise I'll do it myself," said the outspoken cleric, who leads Friday prayers in the north-western city of Urumiyeh.

"In our country there is freedom of speech, but not freedom for corruption," he said.

Canine clampdown

Tehran journalist Mafiseh Kouhnavand told the BBC that the subject of dog ownership had been brought up many times before.

Hardline judiciary agents and police occasionally clamp down on the practice, fining owners and confiscating their pets from streets and parks.

Short-legged dogs were the target of a previous campaign

In June, police banned the sale of dogs and penalised anyone walking a dog in public. The practice is seen by conservatives as a corrupting influence of decadent Western culture.

But despite the clampdowns, dog ownership has been on the rise, especially among rich Iranians in the north of Tehran.

"Now it has reached Urumiyeh, but some people were not ready for it," Ms Kouhnavand said.

Hojatolislam Hassani appears to be widening the scope of his anti-canine campaign.

Last year, he publicly thanked police for their policy of exclusively confiscating short-legged dogs in Urumiyeh.

Davebg- wouldn't say polygamy causes repression of women, but when women aren't valued the same as human beings, it's a good context for it. Would reverse the cause and effect there.

Oh, no, I'm not saying that it is a direct cause/effect relationship. I think it's one of the underlying causes of it, though.

Pretty much, you have all of these young, poor men who can't get a woman...can't get laid (b/c the most desirable woman in society are "property" of the rich men), so these young, poor men never get comfortable around women b/c they lack experience w/women. The best way to overcompensate for that fear is to abuse the power that their society gives them over women...and the cycle continues on and on.

i think that's very interesting.....the theory about the rate of homosexuality being related to the value of women.

that would really explain the high rate of homosexuality in the black population.

as for muslims blowing themselves up for being unable to find a bride due to polygamy, no.

many african cultures practice polygamy and it hasn't spawned a bunch of terrorists.

heck, some mormons are polygamous and they seem pretty peaceful to me.

regarding the women veil issue, i think it just goes to show what a hypocritical nation we live in.

we turn a blind eye to the happenings there as long as it serves our purposes.

just as pressure was put upon south africa to rid aparthied, we can do something to save those women.

oil and isreal can't be more important than saving women from this type of oppression.

in a way it's like we're condoning murder.

i think that's very interesting.....the theory about the rate of homosexuality being related to the value of women.

that would really explain the high rate of homosexuality in the black population.

as for muslims blowing themselves up for being unable to find a bride due to polygamy, no.

many african cultures practice polygamy and it hasn't spawned a bunch of terrorists.

heck, some mormons are polygamous and they seem pretty peaceful to me.

regarding the women veil issue, i think it just goes to show what a hypocritical nation we live in.

just as pressure was put upon south africa to rid aparthied, we can do something to save those women.

oil and isreal can't be more important than saving women from this type of oppression.

Amen

oil can't be more important than saving women from this type of oppression.

Until one of these biatches can push my truck around at 70 mph oil will be higher on my list.

....and even if one could I don't think I could stand the engine noise

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala :thumbsdown:

Translation: Let's invade Iran.

At what point are these people going to stand up for themselves? If you keep oppressing a people long enough they will rise up and change things wont they? :wacko:

Any one know how long they have gone in the past with a populist uprising? I would think that the last one was back in the late 70's so are they due for another one? I focking hope so. A good civil war would save us alot of lives and money. GWB stir the turd and keep our soldiers out of it. <_<

Boz......It is very likely you made this whole thing up. That's how little credibility you have around here.

Boz......It is very likely you made this whole thing up. That's how little credibility you have around here.

Thats what ur gonna go with? Really? Ok.