Sign in to follow this  
GBFAVRE4

GREEN BAY 34 seattle 3

Philly, you cannot be serious!

I was in attendance the last time these 2 met in the playoffs at Lambeau, and I plan to be there Saturday. (I've been to many GB games, but that was definitely the coldest.....)

I imagine the line opens at GB-6

This game shouldnt be that close.

It will be electric, and the Hawks are not in the same category as GB. (Offense, Defense, SPT)

We will break down each position as the game gets closer.

I 'seriously' predict:

GREEN BAY 31

Seattle 14

DUN, DUN, DUN...DUH DUH DUN DUN DUN GO PACK GO!!!

(Packer fans know what I mean...)

I think that Seattle's defense is every bit as good as Green Bay's. Seattle gives up about 8 more yards/game than the Pack, so not much difference. I think Green Bay has the advantage on offense, but on a good day I could definitely see Seattle keeping up with them.

I think where Green Bay has the greatest advantage is the fact that Ryan Grant can run much better than Alexander/Morris.

I expect a close game, but Grant should help the Packers keep drives alive and they should dominate time of posession, which more often than not will win you the game.

If they let Grant run the ball. They could get into that 5 receiver set and just throw. This is Brett's last chance of winning a superbowl so I predict the old gunslinger is going to come out. He'll throw one or two picks which will keep Seattle close. 31-17 Pack.

Packers are better on offense, defense, special teams, and coaching.....

....besides these, I give the advantage to seattle :doublethumbsup:

Brett Favre > Matt Hass'we'll take the ball and i'll throw the game losing int'beck

the Sea v. GB threads this week will be entertaining, no doubt about that.

you guys really think you are a lot better than the hawks? i dont think so. in fact i would no be one bit surprised if the hawks got a win at lambeau. if the weather is decent and it's a shootout, hasselbeck can hang with favre.

the line is really GB -9 at pinnacle? i'll be takin Sea. on that line for sure.

whens the last time that seattle gave up a 100 yd rusher?

october 7th?

and now its supposed to happen because the ghosts of max mcgee and ray nitschke give a fock? puhlease....ill be there...top ring of the bowl with my seahawks flag...come on up and fly it with me.... :dunno:

hard not for packers fans to pick their special teams over seattles when they cant name 5 seahawks on special teams....lord, i dont want to hear the ryan plakemeyer bashing again and how his average is so bad...pinning the ball at the 2 twice...curse you ryan.... :thumbsdown: why cant you slam it 8 yards into the endzone for a touchback like ryan does?

no idea if itll be 30 or not..but ironically..this new soft team in gb would prefer it to be warmer and not frigid...somewhere lambeau looks down and weeps :cry:

Packers are better on offense, defense, special teams, and coaching.....

....besides these, I give the advantage to seattle :overhead:

You are right, Holmgren really hasn't done sh1t as a coach. Just because I am curious, do you drive down or pass Holmgren Way en route to Lambeau?

you guys really think you are a lot better than the hawks? i dont think so. in fact i would no be one bit surprised if the hawks got a win at lambeau. if the weather is decent and it's a shootout, hasselbeck can hang with favre.

I think the Packers are better...I would not say "alot better" though.

whens the last time that seattle gave up a 100 yd rusher?

october 7th?

and now its supposed to happen because the ghosts of max mcgee and ray nitschke give a fock? puhlease....ill be there...top ring of the bowl with my seahawks flag...come on up and fly it with me.... :wall:

hard not for packers fans to pick their special teams over seattles when they cant name 5 seahawks on special teams....lord, i dont want to hear the ryan plakemeyer bashing again and how his average is so bad...pinning the ball at the 2 twice...curse you ryan.... :overhead: why cant you slam it 8 yards into the endzone for a touchback like ryan does?

no idea if itll be 30 or not..but ironically..this new soft team in gb would prefer it to be warmer and not frigid...somewhere lambeau looks down and weeps :wall:

Nobody ever bashed him. Just said that he was not head and shoulders above Ryan. Sorry that you did not understand that.

Soft team. That is funny.

Oh...and Ryan has a better net average...better in returns against...oh yeah, last time I brought up those actual stats, you ran away too.

They are both good punters. But he had a total of 5 more touchbacks than Ryan...so you can keep bringing that up and its just as laughable as your other points.

:headbanger:

Nobody ever bashed him. Just said that he was not head and shoulders above Ryan. Sorry that you did not understand that.

Soft team. That is funny.

Oh...and Ryan has a better net average...better in returns against...oh yeah, last time I brought up those actual stats, you ran away too.

They are both good punters. But he had a total of 5 more touchbacks than Ryan...so you can keep bringing that up and its just as laughable as your other points.

:rolleyes:

run away? im watching the fb game...relax..

do the packers practice outdoors now that its past december? answer that for the masses since u say u read the papers....

maybe thats not soft..but living here in gb, the people here do consider that to be...

Relax? Sho Nuff? Yeah, like that'll ever happen!

I am waiting for your reasoning behind claiming the Packers as a 'soft team'

...then I'll add my 2 cents

Do i think the Packers are 'a lot' better than Seattle, no.

Do I think they can and will cover the 9, no doubt.

They don't workout very much and so their muscles are not very firm, but soft :music_guitarred:

do the packers practice outdoors now that its past december? answer that for the masses since u say u read the papers....

maybe thats not soft..but living here in gb, the people here do consider that to be...

Does the coach prefer it...so far seems to. Does not make them a soft team.

my reasoning?...as in....green bays reasoning? at least what i hear from people that i run into....

its 1 thing to say...we want home field so teams have to come to GB in jan...

but you turn around and refuse to practice outside...cant get work done...

i deliver mail in blizzards with a car window down...many others work outside...its a blue collar, shut up, do your job and dont whine about it area...

the team plays chic in windy conditions and the leader..sportsman of the year starts to cry and says this is awful and theres no way ill complete 5 passes...

the attitude is soft and it makes tony canadeo cry from the heavens...

B, I played football in Montana growing up. We were all used to cold weather, it didn't really bother us. But we would still practice indoors if there was ice on the field. It's just not productive to be running around half-speed due to the field conditions when that's not the condition the field is going to be in come game time.

B, I played football in Montana growing up. We were all used to cold weather, it didn't really bother us. But we would still practice indoors if there was ice on the field. It's just not productive to be running around half-speed due to the field conditions when that's not the condition the field is going to be in come game time.

Agreed...that one game does not make the team soft.

Did you expect Favre to come out...with 30 mph sustained winds and gusts from 40-50 mph and say he is going to light Chicago up?

Its a dumb attempt to criticize the team. Its a Seattle fan holding onto hope that bad weather will play into Seattle's hands.

But they rely on the pass even more so than GB does at this point.

This is Brett's last chance of winning a superbowl so I predict the old gunslinger is going to come out.

No, it's not.

:lol:

You should be more concerned about your Cowboys this week guy :wave: . You've got Romo vacationing with Jessica in Mexico during the bye week, your biggest threat on the field will not be 100% and he's busy trademarking "I love me some me" during his bye, and you're playing a team that's playing pretty well with a strong running game, an adequate passing game, and a vicious defensive line looking to eat Romo and Jessica's unborn love child.

You better hope TO is healthy for this game. Dallas has been awful without him.

Agreed...that one game does not make the team soft.

Did you expect Favre to come out...with 30 mph sustained winds and gusts from 40-50 mph and say he is going to light Chicago up?

Its a dumb attempt to criticize the team. Its a Seattle fan holding onto hope that bad weather will play into Seattle's hands.

But they rely on the pass even more so than GB does at this point.

you were Ok with favre giving up before the game even started? you are Ok with the loser attitude?... ;)

the fields are fine...let the kickers go outside and work on kicks and snaps...im not saying try and run the offense or have the entire practice outdoors...im saying..kick...catch off of the Juggs machine and work on some basic drills...focus...

do your job and we go back inside...trust me..the cold will have them focused..

1 minor difference..tj, you lived in montana..you dealt with it all the time....these players dont see it that often...why do all you can to avoid it?...

i wouldnt look at a lions win in decent weather as the team handling the cold..but so be it..

soft team here in packerland these days....clarke hinkle cries from the heavens... :wave:

soft team here in packerland these days....clarke hinkle cries from the heavens... ;)

:wave:

you were Ok with favre giving up before the game even started? you are Ok with the loser attitude?... ;)

the fields are fine...let the kickers go outside and work on kicks and snaps...im not saying try and run the offense or have the entire practice outdoors...im saying..kick...catch off of the Juggs machine and work on some basic drills...focus...

do your job and we go back inside...trust me..the cold will have them focused..

1 minor difference..tj, you lived in montana..you dealt with it all the time....these players dont see it that often...why do all you can to avoid it?...

i wouldnt look at a lions win in decent weather as the team handling the cold..but so be it..

soft team here in packerland these days....clarke hinkle cries from the heavens... :wave:

Softer than the Seahawks? I think not. Is there a team considered softer than the Seahawks?

Maybe it's the uniforms. Maybe it's the city their from. Maybe it's their franchise RB. Maybe it's their road record. I'm not sure. I don't think a Seahawk fan needs to be calling any other team soft.

I'm expecting this game to be close, at first I thought the Pack had a clear advantage, but Seattle has a very good pass rush and the linebackers that may be able to slow grant down. If the 5 receiver sets are working as they have most of the year, I think GB will still pull this off, but it should still be a hecka good game.

:wave:

you rolled your eyes at clarke focking hinkle? who the fock does that and loves the packers?

no wonder you moved to dixieland.... ;)

arnie herber just gave your dollywood loving azz the finger :unsure:

Softer than the Seahawks? I think not. Is there a team considered softer than the Seahawks?

Maybe it's the uniforms. Maybe it's the city their from. Maybe it's their franchise RB. Maybe it's their road record. I'm not sure. I don't think a Seahawk fan needs to be calling any other team soft.

i live in GB..if people would read what i wrote..its what I hear from a lot of fans here...

I'll give you Alexander, and our away uniforms are a little gay.

But I wouldn't ever classify Walter Jones, Matt Hasselbeck, Lofa Tatupu, Patrick Kerney or Rocky Bernard as "soft".

in fairness I don't consider the Pack a "soft" team either. I'd much rather be playing Dallas this week.

I like the Packers at about 31-17 depending on the weather.

Gotta admit though that both these teams are a little "soft" for playing in Northern cities. The Packers earned this term in Chicago a couple weeks back. Hey, I love this team, but a little wind doesn't make the lousy Bears a better team. Luckily the Seahawks' offense is even softer than the Packers. Both defenses are solid.

The difference in the game should that the Packers can run better than the Hawks.

It's still weird having Holmgren come back for playoff games. I just read Bob Harlan's book yesterday. Holmgren loved coaching in Green Bay, but wanted to try his hand as GM. I bet after Wolf retired, he was kicking himself wondering how many more Super Bowls he and Favre could have gone to. Holmgren always got the best outta Brett by not backing down and McCarthy is the first coach since who was willing to do the same.

I will definitely be betting the line if its -9 or -8.5. The Seahawks should cover. I think this one will come down to a field goal. Both defenses can fly to the ball. Both rushing attacks should be nothing more than a checkdown at the line or occasional inside handoff to keep things interesting. Both Special Teams are capable of taking it to the house. The really interesting thing will be to see how one of the youngest teams in the NFL reacts to postseason pressure. I could see Grant putting the ball on the ground and Bigby getting burned on either a double move or play action. I have to give an edge to GB now as Woodson and Harris should be able to neutralize Hackett and Engram. However, Seattle might just go 4 wides + Morris and take to the air. If that's the case it will truly come down to Favre vs Hasselbeck and who has the mental toughness to avoid the big interceptions and keep putting points on the board. This will be my favorite game of the weekend without a doubt and should be a good one.

Packers 24

Hawks 21 in OT

I will definitely be betting the line if its -9 or -8.5. The Seahawks should cover. I think this one will come down to a field goal. Both defenses can fly to the ball. Both rushing attacks should be nothing more than a checkdown at the line or occasional inside handoff to keep things interesting. Both Special Teams are capable of taking it to the house. The really interesting thing will be to see how one of the youngest teams in the NFL reacts to postseason pressure. I could see Grant putting the ball on the ground and Bigby getting burned on either a double move or play action. I have to give an edge to GB now as Woodson and Harris should be able to neutralize Hackett and Engram. However, Seattle might just go 4 wides + Morris and take to the air. If that's the case it will truly come down to Favre vs Hasselbeck and who has the mental toughness to avoid the big interceptions and keep putting points on the board. This will be my favorite game of the weekend without a doubt and should be a good one.

Packers 24

Hawks 21 in OT

Nice analysis. I have a ton of respect for Woodson and Harris, but we have more the 2 good receivers.

I'lll be rolling the Pack-10 or less.....

To continue

Grant > SA/Morris

I'lll be rolling the Pack-10 or less.....

To continue

Grant > SA/Morris

whens the last time seattle gave up a 100 yard rusher?

and while it may be true that grant is better..who else is there? is jackson going to rip it up? you know morency isnt...grant may outrush all..but seattle doesnt need 100 yards..and they want combined yards..they dont have all the eggs in 1 basket..grant was dinged up last game..will he be 100%?..

seattle is 3 deep..any guesses who the secret weapon is?...as a group of 3, seattle is better than gb...

and how can you say gb has a better special teams unit? can you name more than 5 players on the seattle unit without looking it up?...

BMoney-- do you think the seahawks will beat the Packers by more or less than you expected the Redskins to stomp the Patriots?? :cheers:

Just curious..... :overhead:

whens the last time seattle gave up a 100 yard rusher?

and while it may be true that grant is better..who else is there? is jackson going to rip it up? you know morency isnt...grant may outrush all..but seattle doesnt need 100 yards..and they want combined yards..they dont have all the eggs in 1 basket..grant was dinged up last game..will he be 100%?..

seattle is 3 deep..any guesses who the secret weapon is?...as a group of 3, seattle is better than gb...

and how can you say gb has a better special teams unit? can you name more than 5 players on the seattle unit without looking it up?...

Jackson did look a bit better in the last game...yes it was Detroit...but I am talking more from his decision making and quicker making his cut rather than being hesitant as he had been in the past.

I actually like Morris better than Alexander.

3 deep? So...what does it matter if your depth is better if Grant does not get hurt?

As a group of 3, Seattle may be better.

I think special teams is pretty close, but I would give Seattle the overall edge.

Brown is a very good kicker...Mason, a rookie who has had some struggles.

Punters are close.

Burleson has done very good in punt returns...but the Packers return units have been very good, as have their punt coverage units.

Grant got dinged a little but so far looks fine.

And good news for GB was that Spitz practiced yesterday and barring a setback should be good to go.

i'd be shocked if green bay didn't win by 10 - seattle is going to get rolled (imo).

i'd be shocked if green bay didn't win by 10 - seattle is going to get rolled (imo).

We can only hope that you are right!

I'd be shocked if green bay didn't get crushed by 20 - Seattle is going to roll (imo).