Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Tony Romo

Who on the Dallas Cryboys' roster has accomplished more?

cowboys coaching roster..... Jason Garrett = Superbowl Wins

Philly = No Super Bowl win

:rolleyes: :music_guitarred:

cowboys coaching roster..... Jason Garrett = Superbowl Wins

Philly = No Super Bowl win

:headbanger: :music_guitarred:

Who?

Oh, that back up QB, turned OC that hasn't done anything but ride coattails.

Andy Reid has a ring BTW.

but Dallas is the most talented team in the East.

I don't know about this. If both the Cowboys and Giants are healthy, I'd say their talent levels are pretty even, no? The scale-tipper is that Coughlin is a better HC than Phillips. :music_guitarred:

cowboys coaching roster..... Jason Garrett = Superbowl WinsPhilly = No Super Bowl win

:headbanger: :music_guitarred:

and you are saying this because...? How do you make this jump? Wasn't he coaching this year during "The Collapse"? He is not even the HC, please explain.

The Giants are the most talented team in the East, by far. I'd even put Washington pretty close to the Boys. They aren't THAT young.

this is a stupid statement, sorry, but it is. if you think "the giants are the most talented team in the NFC East, by far" you dont really pay attention. you're just saying this because you dont like the Cowboys.

this is a stupid statement, sorry, but it is. if you think "the giants are the most talented team in the NFC East, by far" you dont really pay attention. you're just saying this because you dont like the Cowboys.

They may not be the most talented (I'm not sure either way) but they have the most heart and that combined with their talent makes them the best team.

They may not be the most talented (I'm not sure either way) but they have the most heart and that combined with their talent makes them the best team.

my point was, that to say the giants are BY FAR the most talented team in the NFC East is ridiculous.

2007 season totals- Rushing

Donovan McNabb 50 carries 236 yards

Tony Romo 31 carries 129 yards

:doublethumbsup:

Oh. And this was in a year when he wasn't even 100%. I don't want to tell you how to debate, but you may want to go at this whole McNabb vs. Romo-thing from a perspective other than who's the better runner. MmmK?

Exactly. You just made a great point. McNabb relied on his running. He was used to it. When in trouble, RUN! RUN! Use those legs, that's what god gave 'em to ya fer!

Then, when he couldn't do it anymore, he had nothing.

McNabb is the better runner. So? Then what. Vick is great runner too. Yippee. It got him nowhere.

Exactly. You just made a great point. McNabb relied on his running. He was used to it. When in trouble, RUN! RUN! Use those legs, that's what god gave 'em to ya fer!

Then, when he couldn't do it anymore, he had nothing.

McNabb is the better runner. So? Then what. Vick is great runner too. Yippee. It got him nowhere.

Vick has still won more playoff games than Romo. :doublethumbsup:

I think people have to realize that Romo is an adequate QB if he has talent around him and could win the SB with a great team but there is no way this guy is good enough to carry an average team on his back. That is why I ranked him behind McNabb and Eli.

I think people have to realize that Romo is an adequate QB if he has talent around him and could win the SB with a great team but there is no way this guy is good enough to carry an average team on his back. That is why I ranked him behind McNabb and Eli.

Its a hard question IMO. I had Romo this season for fantasy football and he was an absolute beast. Granted he slowed down in the end but he still had the best regular season out of all the QBs in the division. Now, Eli was mediocre to below average this season during the regular season but has had a great postseason. Do you weigh 3 postseason games more than 16 regular season games when determining who the better QB is? Its all about how you look at it. I would pick Romo to have the best regular season numbers again next year though. I don't know about McNabb, I used to think he was a great QB but the last couple years I don't know.

Teams that are 11 point underdogs can't choke.

What was the spread when the Dallas Lions HOSTED the NYG playoff game?

Ohhhhh I see. So if a TEAM is the favorite, and they lose, the QB choked. I wasn't sure how it worked...but okay...yep. I see, you've got it all figured out.

Are they going to get mcnabb a lice check before each game...errr......??

Its a hard question IMO. I had Romo this season for fantasy football and he was an absolute beast. Granted he slowed down in the end but he still had the best regular season out of all the QBs in the division. Now, Eli was mediocre to below average this season during the regular season but has had a great postseason. Do you weigh 3 postseason games more than 16 regular season games when determining who the better QB is? Its all about how you look at it. I would pick Romo to have the best regular season numbers again next year though. I don't know about McNabb, I used to think he was a great QB but the last couple years I don't know.

Romo was playing with 12 pro-bowlers. A good QB would have had that team in the SB. I am not talking about numbers because that is dependant on your team. I am talking about talent and leadership. I think McNabb and Eli would be better than Romo if they played for the Cowboys.

Ohhhhh I see. So if a TEAM is the favorite, and they lose, the QB choked. I wasn't sure how it worked...but okay...yep. I see, you've got it all figured out.

No, but when a QB has two shots at winning the game under 4 minutes and doesn't come close it could be looked at as a choke. How about having the ball on the opponents 48 with 1:47 left and not coming close? And in case you didn't know dropped passes and penalties are part of the game.

Romo was playing with 12 pro-bowlers. A good QB would have had that team in the SB. I am not talking about numbers because that is dependant on your team. I am talking about talent and leadership. I think McNabb and Eli would be better than Romo if they played for the Cowboys.

did you watch the Cowboys games? the team fell apart. more so than Romo fell apart. too many penalties and mental mistakes. i dont think eli would have been better than Romo at the end of the season as a Cowboy. mcknee, i dont know? and you dont either. Romo is much better than eli at making something out of nothing, or improvising if you will. although, again you cant really put players on different teams and make predictions.

and i wish people would quit using the 12 pro-bowler crap. that has nothing to do with Romo. the Cowboys played like they had that many pro-bowlers until their unravelling. they weren't the same team after those guys already made the pro-bowl. the pro bowl selections should be made after the season. you think 12 Cowboys make it if they picked it tomorrow? no way.

you cant put that on Romo.

No, but when a QB has two shots at winning the game under 4 minutes and doesn't come close it could be looked at as a choke. How about having the ball on the opponents 48 with 1:47 left and not coming close? And in case you didn't know dropped passes and penalties are part of the game.

the last drive for the Cowboys being unsuccessful is not all on Romo. you watched, right?

did you watch the Cowboys games? the team fell apart. more so than Romo fell apart. too many penalties and mental mistakes. i dont think eli would have been better than Romo at the end of the season as a Cowboy. mcknee, i dont know? and you dont either. Romo is much better than eli at making something out of nothing, or improvising if you will. although, again you cant really put players on different teams and make predictions.

and i wish people would quit using the 12 pro-bowler crap. that has nothing to do with Romo. the Cowboys played like they had that many pro-bowlers until their unravelling. they weren't the same team after those guys already made the pro-bowl. the pro bowl selections should be made after the season. you think 12 Cowboys make it if they picked it tomorrow? no way.

Actually there were 13 pro bowlers, Romo was number 13. Yeah, I know pretty sad. If you want the press you better live up to it.

So you agree with my earlier post:

I think people have to realize that Romo is an adequate QB if he has talent around him and could win the SB with a great team but there is no way this guy is good enough to carry an average team on his back.

You can't have it both ways. It wasn't his fault but he sure wasn't good enough to overcome it. Would he have had a better chance on the NYG? Man up, the guy is not a great QB. I stand by my statement above. Only Romo can prove me wrong. I'm waiting!

the last drive for the Cowboys being unsuccessful is not all on Romo. you watched, right?

Yup! I'm not saying it was his fault, I am saying he is not good enough to overcome it.

They didn't fall apart, they were playing like that since Dec. 1, 2007.

Jesus....did you forget when he dropped the focking ball when the game was on the line?? That is a major choke.

And then he follows up that performance by coming up short again when the game was on the line.

So until he has any success in the playoffs at all, he will be a choker.

Focking blind homerism. :pointstosky:

Jesus....did you forget when he dropped the focking ball when the game was on the line?? That is a major choke.

And then he follows up that performance by coming up short again when the game was on the line.

So until he has any success in the playoffs at all, he will be a choker.

Focking blind homerism. :mellow:

These are the people who give the real Cowboy fans a bad name. When will they stand up and disown them.

real Cowboy fans

Urban legend.

Nothing but bandwagoneers and Mexicans.

Urban legend.

Nothing but bandwagoneers and Mexicans.

eagles queen telling his grandkids(i'm sure some peter puffers have grandkids) about the eagles 2007 season:

"back in '07 kids, those eagles were the best durn team to not make the playoffs. we sure did suck most of the season, but gosh durnit if andy reid's big butt didn't work some of his magic at the end. i guess he was playin for his boys, who were somebodies girlfriend in the clink."

eagles queen telling his grandkids(i'm sure some peter puffers have grandkids) about the eagles 2007 season:

"back in '07 kids, those eagles were the best durn team to not make the playoffs. we sure did suck most of the season, but gosh durnit if andy reid's big butt didn't work some of his magic at the end. i guess he was playin for his boys, who were somebodies girlfriend in the clink."

Good one.

15 year olds. :dunno:

So you agree with my earlier post:

I think people have to realize that Romo is an adequate QB if he has talent around him and could win the SB with a great team but there is no way this guy is good enough to carry an average team on his back.

You can't have it both ways. It wasn't his fault but he sure wasn't good enough to overcome it. Would he have had a better chance on the NYG? Man up, the guy is not a great QB. I stand by my statement above. Only Romo can prove me wrong. I'm waiting!

exactly....

steve young is regarded as 1 of the better qbs ever...but how did he do on a talentless tampa team? he was a joke...a mess...

take away half of those 12 other pro bowlers and itll be even tougher on romo.....

brady came into a great situation also..great coaches..players..but he works hard and it shows...

heck, romo didnt even care about the cowboys a week before the playoff loss...im sure he doesnt care now...so why do we?..hes on the fast track to the arena league in 3 years..we can keep the conversation on teams that have won playoff games in the past 10 years please?

cowboys, u can exit stage left...

Todd Collins would too. That guy has some serious guts.

:pointstosky: you mean like your Dallas mexicans, and bandwagon garbage.

What do you care you're not from Texas.

Romo will hands down be the first Qb taken from the division in every single fantasy draft next year, so whatever that means.

(it means people think he will have more Yards, Td's, and less INT's than the other guys)

Also, he's only been in what, two playoff games? I'm not ready to label him Dan Marino just yet.

Romo will hands down be the first Qb taken from the division in every single fantasy draft next year, so whatever that means.

(it means people think he will have more Yards, Td's, and less INT's than the other guys)

Also, he's only been in what, two playoff games? I'm not ready to label him Dan Marino just yet.

Marino won playoff games.

Marino won playoff games.

How'd his last playoff game go?

Everyone is so quick to judge a guy based on 2 whole playoff games.

How'd his last playoff game go?

Everyone is so quick to judge a guy based on 2 whole playoff games.

wasn't he in the Superbowl his first or second year, with a much less talented team? Are you seriously comparing Marino to Bono? :pointstosky:

Romo has only been to 2 playoff games because he lost; if he had won he had the potential to be in 7. He will not live this down until he wins a playoff game. That is just the way it works.

Of course he is no Dan Marino. Dan Marino won 3 playoff games in his first 3 years in the league and a total of 8 in his career. Romo is lagging behind. To even mention Marino and Romo together is kind of disgusting.

So you're latest excuse for the playoff loss is that because of the timing of the announcement of the 2008 pro bowl selections?

Funniest thing I've heard since Republicans blaming the current economy on the threat of Democrats winning the White House.

I think that maybe, just maybe, the penalties and mental mistakes may have been caused by a team not prepared to play the game because they were, uh, running around in Cancun and such a week before the game. And the guy responsible for that was the head coach, you know the one who's never won a playoff game.

So you're latest excuse for the playoff loss is that because of the timing of the announcement of the 2008 pro bowl selections?

Funniest thing I've heard since Republicans blaming the current economy on the threat of Democrats winning the White House.

I think that maybe, just maybe, the penalties and mental mistakes may have been caused by a team not prepared to play the game because they were, uh, running around in Cancun and such a week before the game. And the guy responsible for that was the head coach, you know the one who's never won a playoff game.

Hey Mr I make a signature about a person then I put anonymous beside it, but I am the one who made it. WHO DOES THAT? Well lets see you bash me all year for talking about the Eagles. Then you and your Eagle homies go around doing the same thing about the Cowboys. Can you say HYPOCRITE!

WOW! you gotta be kidding me. read my post jagoff! i'm not making excuses. i'm simply saying that if the pro-bowl betting were later, there wouldn't be as many Cowboys on the team. it's not an excuse, its an observation. the Cowboys played like shitt! i'm not making any focking excuses! i dont get what you dooshes are getting at!