Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Question to non-Patriots fans and Giants fans

If the roles were reversed and the Patriots won in the same way the Giants won, is it still a great Super Bowl?

Not for me, its a great superbowl because i am a pats hater!

If the roles were reversed and the Patriots won in the same way the Giants won, is it still a great Super Bowl?

Of course it wouldn't have you dope. The Pats were 18-0 and were massive favorites in this game. If you're asking non Pats or Giants fans, obviously the massive underdog winning in the last minute of the game makes it that much better. Think about it. :headbanger:

Of course it wouldn't have you dope. The Pats were 18-0 and were massive favorites in this game. If you're asking non Pats or Giants fans, obviously the massive underdog winning in the last minute of the game makes it that much better. Think about it. :headbanger:

So it is a great Super Bowl because the Patriots lost? Not because of how the game was played?

Just because there was no scoring, doesn't mean it wasn't a great game.

:(

Absolutely. I thought it was one of the most riveting games I've seen in a long time. Both teams left it all on the field - as a non-fan of either team, what more could you ask?

Did you think the Super Bowl sucked? As a non-biased fan, this must have been one of the worst Super Bowls ever.

I thought it was very entertaining. I think that anytime you have a David and Goliath set up and it's close in the end, it makes for great football.

Honestly I was rooting for the Giants to win but I dont think that I would have thought it sucked had the Giants not scored at the end of the game.

Did you think the Super Bowl sucked? As a non-biased fan, this must have been one of the worst Super Bowls ever.

I actually though it was one of the best SBs ever. Its not like it was low scoring due to futlity, there was great defense being played. Throw in the best 4th Q in the game's history and it was a classic. Plus that Pats lost. :thumbsup:

So it is a great Super Bowl because the Patriots lost? Not because of how the game was played?

A little of both....

Hard hard is it for you to fathom that people like to see the big a-hole bully taken down...

Do you think when Darth Vader threw the Emperor down the shaft that that was one of the all-time epic battles??? No way... it was actually kind of quick and lame... But people loved it the most because the Emperor was such an a-hole, ran up the score on people, and taped Luke and Yoda's run through and then acted like it was no big deal because "everybody does it" anyway...

The only thing that would have made it better was if New England could have put together some last second heroics.

GREAT game..it was intense...

the same people who say its sucked either a) hate basebal games that are 1-0 or 2) were on the side of one of the biggest losses in sports history...

well reffed game and it had great twists and turns and for 1 day in sports....integrity and class actually prevailed in the sports world...2007 must be done after all....

still an * there.....the pats being beaten isnt done yet...

At work today, I talked to Steeler fans, Browns fans, Bills fans, 49ers fans, Packer fans, a Bucs fan, a Bronco's fan, an Eagles fan.

Not a single person thought this was anything less than one of the best suprebowls ever. Oh, and all football fans were elated to see the Pats lose.

That is the first superbowl I have ever seen where everone was pulling for the same team.

A little of both....

Hard hard is it for you to fathom that people like to see the big a-hole bully taken down...

Do you think when Darth Vader threw the Emperor down the shaft that that was one of the all-time epic battles??? No way... it was actually kind of quick and lame... But people loved it the most because the Emperor was such an a-hole, ran up the score on people, and taped Luke and Yoda's run through and then acted like it was no big deal because "everybody does it" anyway...

Dork :nono:

Don't like either team, so I couldn't cheer for either team, but I'm glad the NFC wild card team beat the pretender to greatness team none the less. I give it a 5 out of 10 Super Bowl rank.

Offensive Lines and Defensive lines are the mark of great teams and what makes teams successful....... Giants were much better on both sides in this game and that was CLEARLY the difference.... solid game though even though I dispise the Giants.....

The only thing that would have made it better was if New England could have put together some last second heroics.

I kind of agree,,,, If Brady had a little more ooooomf on that first bomb to Moss during that last series that would have been INSANE,,,, even if he caught it and got tackled and then a FG followed for OT, ....whew would have been hands down the best Bowl ever if that happened

Are you kidding? It was a great Super Bowl, and not because the Pats had a bad game. It was descided at the end. No blow out. Nothing like anybody predicted. One of the best football games ever. Great plays by the MVP, Eli Manning.

The current Pats could completely smoke any of the old teams like the 85 Bears or the 70(whatever) Dolfins. Brand new age of bodies: Faster, stronger, bigger. Brady and Moss are an epic duo. I don't see how you can ignore the greatness of the '07 Pats and say you like football.

On the other hand, the Giants won fair and square. Tom Coughlin made good choices in preparing his team and they were the best team on the field.

I can't wait for next season! :clap:

As others have said it was a great game and one of the best Super Bowls ever. Just b/c a bunch of points werent put up doesnt mean anything. All true football fans know what they watched.

It was a very physical football game and even though the Pats werent at their best (moslty b/c the Giants wouldnt let them) it was also very well played. Even the officiating was good as the refs called the obvious stuff and let the players decide the game.

The Giants came out w/ the game plan to control the clock on offense and physically dominate on defense and they executed it. Even though they didnt score a ton of points they moved the ball and converted a lot of third downs. And it was great entertainment watching the way their defense played. You kept waiting on the Pats offense to break out and there were lil flashes but the Giants wouldnt let Brady get comfortable. Still though, you just knew the Pats would catch a break and pull it out like they have always done during their run.

The 4th quarter drama played out perfectly IMO. You just knew the Pats were gonna take the lead back after going down 10-7. It was a matter of when not if. Moss catches that TD and its like "Ok the Giants played well and held the Pats offense in check but it wasnt enough." Then the way the Giants came back and Eli engineers a 12 play 83 yard game winning drive including the unbelievable pass to Tyree. Outstanding stuff.

It was like a Hollywood script but better. In Hollywood, the underdog usually wins but you expect it so its kind of anti-climatic. This Super Bowl was a real life drama where the underdog knocked off the unlikeable and prematurely annoited "best team ever" but you didnt really expect it to happen until it did.

Again, great stuff and anyone who thinks otherwise just doesnt get it.

You would be Jar-Jar Binks in this particular scenario.... :(

And you would be C-3PO........the shiny closet gay dude. :overhead:

One of the best Super Bowls I've ever seen. Defense, drama, lead changes, key plays, drives staring inside the 20, and late scores like two heavyweight fighters mustering one last roundhouse.

It was the great American underdog story. I kept waiting for the Giants to crumble in the heat of battle and they rose to the challenge. They could have been undone by the interception, 12th-man challenge, and certainly by the single machine-like Patriot drive that ended in the Moss TD.

You don't need scoring. Every time Brady was sacked it felt to me like New York had posted another TD. That was plenty of excitement.

As others have said it was a great game and one of the best Super Bowls ever. Just b/c a bunch of points werent put up doesnt mean anything. All true football fans know what they watched.

It was a very physical football game and even though the Pats werent at their best (moslty b/c the Giants wouldnt let them) it was also very well played. Even the officiating was good as the refs called the obvious stuff and let the players decide the game.

The Giants came out w/ the game plan to control the clock on offense and physically dominate on defense and they executed it. Even though they didnt score a ton of points they moved the ball and converted a lot of third downs. And it was great entertainment watching the way their defense played. You kept waiting on the Pats offense to break out and there were lil flashes but the Giants wouldnt let Brady get comfortable. Still though, you just knew the Pats would catch a break and pull it out like they have always done during their run.

The 4th quarter drama played out perfectly IMO. You just knew the Pats were gonna take the lead back after going down 10-7. It was a matter of when not if. Moss catches that TD and its like "Ok the Giants played well and held the Pats offense in check but it wasnt enough." Then the way the Giants came back and Eli engineers a 12 play 83 yard game winning drive including the unbelievable pass to Tyree. Outstanding stuff.

It was like a Hollywood script but better. In Hollywood, the underdog usually wins but you expect it so its kind of anti-climatic. This Super Bowl was a real life drama where the underdog knocked off the unlikeable and prematurely annoited "best team ever" but you didnt really expect it to happen until it did.

Again, great stuff and anyone who thinks otherwise just doesnt get it.

Pretty much sums it up.

is that all the afc had to offer this year? :doublethumbsup:

I kind of agree,,,, If Brady had a little more ooooomf on that first bomb to Moss during that last series that would have been INSANE,,,, even if he caught it and got tackled and then a FG followed for OT, ....whew would have been hands down the best Bowl ever if that happened

Then Plax could have been right on. :doublethumbsup:

One of the best Super Bowls I've ever seen. Defense, drama, lead changes, key plays, drives staring inside the 20, and late scores like two heavyweight fighters mustering one last roundhouse.

It was the great American underdog story. I kept waiting for the Giants to crumble in the heat of battle and they rose to the challenge. They could have been undone by the interception, 12th-man challenge, and certainly by the single machine-like Patriot drive that ended in the Moss TD.

You don't need scoring. Every time Brady was sacked it felt to me like New York had posted another TD. That was plenty of excitement.

Absolutely. The question coming down to the end was whether you were watching Rocky or Rocky II.

They just kept standing . . .

Nothing personal, redtodd . . . but this is absolutely impossible.

Thanks for that worthless post. It was a bad SB b/c you don't like either team?

Stupid.

Thanks for the childish reply.

And yes, I didn't enjoy the SB because I couldn't root for either team for various reasons. But thanks also for negating my right to have an opinion. You really need to take yourself a bit less seriously around here.

:thumbsdown: