Sign in to follow this  
lickin_starfish

Why does Belichick get referred to as one of the all time best coaches?

deep down, he knows it also....

Things Bellichick is:

Despicable human being.

Cheating scumbag.

Sore loser.

Betraying husband.

Pompous, condescending, smug jerk.

Thing Bellichick also is:

The best coach in the NFL right now and probably top five ever. Having a good personality and ethics isn't a requirement to be a great coach.

Would I shed a tear if I found out he had a fatal stroke in his sleep? Fock no.

Would I be a little happy deep inside if I found out the Eagles hired him as their coach? Damn right I would.

what a classless fock he is. :thumbsup: way to try an escape with 1 second left on the clock. get back to the sideline and take it like a man. :cry:

remember when randy moss did the exact thing against the Redskins a couple years ago? do you think belicheat will get similarly ripped for doing it on the biggest stage possible?

[quote name='NewbieJr' date='Feb 4 2008, 08:59 AM' post='3523716'

The best coach in the NFL right now and probably top five ever. Having a good personality and ethics isn't a requirement to be a great coach.

I disagree. If he is taping walkthroughs etc.....it does not make him a great coach if he wins.

Give any coach in the NFL the opponents walkthrough tape and they should win.

[quote name='NewbieJr' date='Feb 4 2008, 08:59 AM' post='3523716'

I disagree. If he is taping walkthroughs etc.....it does not make him a great coach if he wins.

Give any coach in the NFL the opponents walkthrough tape and they should win.

First of all, there's been no proof he taped a walk through, but even if he had according to the Rams that final walkthru only consisted of red zone plays they may or may not run during the game...and since St. Louis scored a TD the only time they reached the endzone it probably didn't do much for them if in fact they taped that walk thru....Not condoning illegal video-taping or refuting his actions yesterday, I'm just saying that IF they did videotape that walk thru, that's probably not the reason they won that game....

Belicheat, and Brady for that matter, cannot win a SB without Vinatieri.........FACT!! :doublethumbsup:

Actually Belichick has won 2 without Vinatieri (as defensive coordinator of the Giants).

People have short memories. Case in point...his time as Cleveland's head coach.

His tenure in Cleveland just shows how dumb most Browns fans are/were...Belichick makes a great move by benching a far-over-the-hill Kosar for a future pro-bowler (Testeverde) and gets crucified for it....

Belicheat, and Brady for that matter, cannot win a SB without Vinatieri.........FACT!! :doublethumbsup:

If they still had Vinatieri, would they have attempted that 49 yard field goal, instead of going for it on 4th and 13?

If they still had Vinatieri, would they have attempted that 49 yard field goal, instead of going for it on 4th and 13?

I was wondering that too, but I doubt it. I still don't know why they went for it...4th and 13....what are the chances of converting that?...But Gostkoski has a stronger leg than Vinatieri ever had, so I think if Vinantieri was still on the team Bill would've done the same thing....Stupid decision IMO....

I was wondering that too, but I doubt it. I still don't know why they went for it...4th and 13....what are the chances of converting that?...But Gostkoski has a stronger leg than Vinatieri ever had, so I think if Vinantieri was still on the team Bill would've done the same thing....Stupid decision IMO....

You really don't think that Belicheat wouldn't of allowed arguably the best kicker in NFL history to attempt that FG? C'mon now!! :doublethumbsup:

You really don't think that Belicheat wouldn't of allowed arguably the best kicker in NFL history to attempt that FG? C'mon now!! :doublethumbsup:

No, I don't. Vinatieri was never known for having a strong leg and at that point in the game I think he'd have either gone for it (as he did) or punted before attempting the FG (Like I said- stupid decision IMO). Now, if it was late in the 3rd or anytime in the 4th I think he attempts the FG (with Vinatieri or Gostkoski)....

No, I don't. Vinatieri was never known for having a strong leg and at that point in the game I think he'd have either gone for it (as he did) or punted before attempting the FG (Like I said- stupid decision IMO). Now, if it was late in the 3rd or anytime in the 4th I think he attempts the FG (with Vinatieri or Gostkoski)....

How long was Vinatieri's FG in the "snow game" vs Oakland? What about the FG's vs the Rams and Panthers?

How long was Vinatieri's FG in the "snow game" vs Oakland? What about the FG's vs the Rams and Panthers?

All 3 of those kicks were in the closing seconds of the game, and none of em were as long as 49 yards. Like I said earlier- later in the game I think he attempts the FG...Also those kicks were several years ago. The Adam Vinatieri of this season was one of the worst kickers in the league (23/29). His longest FG was 39 yards and he missed every kick he attempted over 40 yards, so if the Patriots still had him on their roster this season I don't think they'd have had him attempt that 49 yarder....

All 3 of those kicks were in the closing seconds of the game, and none of em were as long as 49 yards. Like I said earlier- later in the game I think he attempts the FG...Also those kicks were several years ago. The Adam Vinatieri of this season was one of the worst kickers in the league (23/29). His longest FG was 39 yards and he missed every kick he attempted over 40 yards, so if the Patriots still had him on their roster this season I don't think they'd have had him attempt that 49 yarder....

In 2001, he missed 6 FG's. '03 he missed 9 FG's. '04 he missed 2. '07 he missed 6 FG's. AV's longest FG's prior to this year were 54, 57, 48, 48, 49, 48. I still feel if Vinatieri were on this team, he would of at least attempted the FG. Agree to disagree I guess.

AV kick in the blizzard was 45yds, and his kick to beat the Rams was 48yds.

That's correct. And his game-winner against the Panthers was a 41 yarder. But like I said- that was a few years ago. With the AV of '01 OR '03 he may attempt the 49 yarder yesterday. With the '07-08 version I don't think he gives it a thought unless its late in the game.

Bellicheat never blew anyone out in the Super Bowl. Two three point game winning field goals, and Philthedephlia's Mc Nabb throwing up on the field because he has "nerve issues". He is not above Walsh or any of the greats. Just a cheating coach that got exactly what he deserved, the biggest choke in SB history.

Just a cheating coach that got exactly what he deserved, the biggest choke in SB history.

How is a 12 point favorite losing a bigger choke job than a 17 point favorite (Colts in '69) or a 14 pt. favorite (Rams in '01)? I'm not saying this wasn't a choke job because it clearly was....

Belichick is a complete tool underscored by his poor sportsmanship last night. He's a proven cheater in all aspects of his life and he'd better hope that Matt Marsh (the former Pats video guy) doesn't spill the beans to Spector. Actually, the over/under that Marsh falls down an open elevator shaft is probably a good bet. With the Feds involved, we all know that people start telling the truth and Belichick may actually get suspended or banzored.

I've said this before and since the new spygate allegations have arisen, I'll say it again. Someone needs to gut Gillette Stadium especially the visitor's locker room to check for survelliance equipment of either video or audio. Fix the 'disrupted visitor's comm equipment' finally and kick BB out of the sport. Assume these cheats will do anything to win by any means. :music_guitarred:

First of all, there's been no proof he taped a walk through, but even if he had according to the Rams that final walkthru only consisted of red zone plays they may or may not run during the game...and since St. Louis scored a TD the only time they reached the endzone it probably didn't do much for them if in fact they taped that walk thru....Not condoning illegal video-taping or refuting his actions yesterday, I'm just saying that IF they did videotape that walk thru, that's probably not the reason they won that game....

There is no proof, which is why I said if.

You are correct on that not being the sole reason they won the game, but you must admit that, even if it was only red zone plays (which I doubt), those plays and formations aren't just run in the red zone (i.e. short yardage or just figuring our opponents tendancies). If it didnt make a difference, he would not have done it. The same with Spygate. You dont cheat for no reason.

That would have played a role in the win. Let's face it, I have a feeling that IF he taped that walk through, how many other things had he illegally taped between then and Spygate. I just dont think this was an isolated incident. I dont have proof but unfortuantely, none of us will because Goodell was obviously covering something up by destroying evidence. Who the hell does that. I would also question whether Goodell saw all the tapes. I'm sure no incriminating evidence would have been destroyed by the Pats.

My point is, there is nobody who can say how much Belichick has illegally obtained, and we know he has a habit of doing that. He is not a great coach in my book because he has performed under false pretenses.

There is no proof, which is why I said if.

You are correct on that not being the sole reason they won the game, but you must admit that, even if it was only red zone plays (which I doubt), those plays and formations aren't just run in the red zone (i.e. short yardage or just figuring our opponents tendancies). If it didnt make a difference, he would not have done it. The same with Spygate. You dont cheat for no reason.

That would have played a role in the win. Let's face it, I have a feeling that IF he taped that walk through, how many other things had he illegally taped between then and Spygate. I just dont think this was an isolated incident. I dont have proof but unfortuantely, none of us will because Goodell was obviously covering something up by destroying evidence. Who the hell does that. I would also question whether Goodell saw all the tapes. I'm sure no incriminating evidence would have been destroyed by the Pats.

My point is, there is nobody who can say how much Belichick has illegally obtained, and we know he has a habit of doing that. He is not a great coach in my book because he has performed under false pretenses.

Actually the Rams organization admitted that the final walkthru that was "rumored to be taped" only contained red zone plays that may or may not be used in the game. That's not speculation on my part. I am reserving judgement until the facts come out (if they do)...If Walsh comes out and says he did x, y and z, but has no proof than it could be sour grapes on his behalf (He was fired in '03). But if he has evidence that this was going on (which has been rumored on ESPN radio) than it will probably change the way I view the New England Patriots. I've been a Belichick supporter but there comes a point in time where you have to say enough's enough.

I've said this before and since the new spygate allegations have arisen, I'll say it again. Someone needs to gut Gillette Stadium especially the visitor's locker room to check for survelliance equipment of either video or audio. Fix the 'disrupted visitor's comm equipment' finally and kick BB out of the sport. Assume these cheats will do anything to win by any means. :thumbsdown:

- George Halas and Vince Lombardi have long been rumored to hide tape recorders in the oppositions locker room. I've never heard anyone accuse the Patriots of doing that. Should the Packers and Bears accomplishments be tainted too? I'm not condoning what Belichick may or may not have done, I'm just saying that I don't agree with convicting him based on speculation. It's been proven that he video-taped a few games dating back to last season- that is/was a black-eye on Belichick and the organization, but until there's proof of prior cheating I'm not believing "unnamed sources"....I'm hoping this off-season the facts come out one way or another...(Obviously I hope they show Belichick wasn't doing this during the championship years, but if they were it's definitely going to taint those years. As a fan of the New England Patriots I'll feel cheated....and I can only imagine how fans of every other team would feel)....

Things Bellichick is:

Despicable human being.

Cheating scumbag.

Sore loser.

Betraying husband.

Pompous, condescending, smug jerk.

Would I shed a tear if I found out he had a fatal stroke in his sleep? Fock no.

Would I be a little happy deep inside if I found out the Eagles hired him as their coach? Damn right I would.

WINNER I imagine if he was your coach you might even enjoy what a smug indignant little plick he is

But if he has evidence that this was going on (which has been rumored on ESPN radio) than it will probably change the way I view the New England Patriots. I've been a Belichick supporter but there comes a point in time where you have to say enough's enough.

I am in the same with you. The spygate thing was one thing that, though it was a smug and arrogant move, didn't bother me too much. i still thought of him as a very good coach.

However, even if he did not get much from the super bowl walk through, it shows a trend and there is no saying what other cheating tactics he has done in the name of winning.

His legacy is tarnished forever.

One thing I just thought of...... What would of been the yardage difference had they gone for the FG and missed compared to going for it on 4th and 13?

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but NE went for it on 4 and 13 at the Giants 31yd line. Meaning it would of been a 48 or 49yd FG attempt. Had they missed the FG, wouldn't the ball of been placed at the Giants 36yd line after the miss? Only a difference of 5yd's on change of possesion?

http://www.sportsattic2.com/araig/NflRulesHistory.htm

"all field goals attempted and missed when the spot of the kick is beyond the 20 yard line, the defensive team taking possession will get the ball at the spot of the kick; on any field goal attempted and missed with the spot of the kick is on or inside the 20, the ball will go to the defensive team taking possession at the 20"

what a classless fock he is. :thumbsup: way to try an escape with 1 second left on the clock. get back to the sideline and take it like a man. :banana:

remember when randy moss did the exact thing against the Redskins a couple years ago? do you think belicheat will get similarly ripped for doing it on the biggest stage possible?

To give Bill a little bit of slack the clock did run down to :00. That is when he started across the field to shake hands. After he already shook hands people were telling him that there was still one second left. Personally I don't have a problem with him running off the field. There were people all over the field cause everyone thought it was over. It's not like the Moss deal at all.

Now, don't make me defend this guy again!

To give Bill a little bit of slack the clock did run down to :00.

The only time the clock hit triple zeros, was the final play of the game. The clock stopped with 2, and then 1 seconds left. At no point did it hit zero when Belicheat ran onto the field to shake Coughlin's hand. Just sayin.

The only time the clock hit triple zeros, was the final play of the game. The clock stopped with 2, and then 1 seconds left. At no point did it hit zero when Belicheat ran onto the field to shake Coughlin's hand. Just sayin.

Correction: It stopped at 2 for a couple seconds, then went to one.....then to zero. Why, I have no idea?!

Correct. It did hit zero for like a split second and then went back and forth from 1 and 2. Either way, Belicheat is still a classless jerk.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/03/...fore-game-ends/

Agreed.

Don't forget to add arrogant. I think arrogance got him beat more than anything else!