Sign in to follow this  
G-in O-town

Farves talking to the Press/Public

Looks like Farve is going to address the retirement Thurs. Retirement

Sure will miss those highlights....

u may argue that hes not a top 5 all time qb..but has there been ANYONE who has that many records and still has his named spelled incorrectly?

gretsky?

michael jourdan?

jorden?

its only 5 letters...

I still would think it is great if during the announcement, he says that he is not retiring, he found a new team to play for. Then he tears off him shirt and underneath is a VIKINGS jersey. As he puts on the Vikings hat, you hear Jim Ross in the background yelling, "My god! MY GOD!!!! Bret Favre is a Viking. I don't believe it."

u may argue that hes not a top 5 all time qb..but has there been ANYONE who has that many records and still has his named spelled incorrectly?

gretsky?

michael jourdan?

jorden?

its only 5 letters...

has anyone started a pool on how long it will take before the first tear is shed today by fahvre, er farver, er fav--oh, fock it.

I still would think it is great if during the announcement, he says that he is not retiring, he found a new team to play for. Then he tears off him shirt and underneath is a VIKINGS jersey. As he puts on the Vikings hat, you hear Jim Ross in the background yelling, "My god! MY GOD!!!! Bret Favre is a Viking. I don't believe it."

sounds like the football movie any given sunday when Al Pacino (coach) retires then says he wants to coach the new expansion team.

allthough i doubt favre wants to rebuild at this stage....

gretsky?

michael jourdan?

jorden?

its only 5 letters...

and people are already not putting the d in Rodgers too.

and people are already not putting the d in Rodgers too.

Don't worry, come the fall, plenty of teams will be putting the D into Rodgers.

gretsky?

michael jourdan?

jorden?

its only 5 letters...

it might have something to do with the "V" & "R" magically switching position in the pronunciation.

fyi the conference has been delayed til 1130 cst. gonna be sad to watch :(

Not to be a jerk, but I kinda hope he doesn't cry. I mean, I understand, it's a game the loves - dedicated his life to it - he deserves to get emotional. I just don't want him to. I remember Elway's and it was really uncomfortable. You don't want your last memory of a guy to be that. I'd kinda like to see Favre go out as the laid back wise ass that he is most of the time.

Not to be a jerk, but I kinda hope he doesn't cry. I mean, I understand, it's a game the loves - dedicated his life to it - he deserves to get emotional. I just don't want him to. I remember Elway's and it was really uncomfortable. You don't want your last memory of a guy to be that. I'd kinda like to see Favre go out as the laid back wise ass that he is most of the time.

Yup...I want him coming out in an old t-shirt...ball cap...making jokes.

He shouldn't have a problem if he has his Wranglers® on.

Wow this is the 2nd time I get to use this in 1 week...

5 seconds in.

Good gawd, he started the damn thing crying. huge disappointment. pausing every 5 words to compose himself. damn man. pull yourself together.

Good gawd, he started the damn thing crying. huge disappointment. pausing every 5 words to compose himself. damn man. pull yourself together.

:thumbsup:

Reitterating that it was not about Moss...it was not about Thompson and McCarthy not wanting him...qwelling any thoughts of him coming back as well it seems.

very sincere...... The man is a good guy who I can relate to. He has his faults just like me and the rest of us.

:music_guitarred:

"you can't just show up and play for three hours every sunday"

- Tell that to Plaxico Burress. :music_guitarred:

"you can't just show up and play for three hours every sunday"

- Tell that to Plaxico Burress. :music_guitarred:

He's not at QB, big difference, ask Tony Romo.

He's not at QB, big difference, ask Tony Romo.

And its not as if Burress was not rehabing and did not work all through the offseason to stay in shape.

Thats the crap it sounds like Favre does not want to deal with.

I loved the line asking him what he will do...pulled the office space and just said "nothing"

Just wished he would have joked and said "two chicks at the same time man".

Again...when asked if there is anything TT or McCarthy could have done to keep him around another year...he easily answered NO.

That there were alot of things said in the media that just were not true.

Great conference, really hard to watch at times though being a long time packer fan. He is truly going to be missed in the worst way for a long time

Great conference, really hard to watch at times though being a long time packer fan. He is truly going to be missed in the worst way for a long time

Agreed. Started out really rocky, but he got his legs under him and pulled out a great one. Funny, sounds a lot like Brett's games.

Really great conference. One of the things you take for granted with Brett (b/c of his easygoing nature) is that he can freaking speak. You listent to some of the mush-mouthed half-wits these days and you miss that. Brett did a great job - no real prepared notes, just very conversational. Very solid, good honest answers. Wish our politicians could speak so well.

Truly an icon. One of the best evah. The end of an era. He will be missed.

Thanks for everything Brett. It's been a great ride.

:pointstosky:

because i had more important things to do (get a cheap burger for lunch), i missed the presser...but i had a bet with someone on the crying thing. so am i correct in understanding it was under a minute before he started crying? if so, i win.

anyone put the official stop watch on it?

because i had more important things to do (get a cheap burger for lunch), i missed the presser...but i had a bet with someone on the crying thing. so am i correct in understanding it was under a minute before he started crying? if so, i win.

Sho Nuff clocked it at 5 seconds, so you win. What kind of idiot makes that bet? Of course he was going to get choked up. Who wouldn't in his situation?

Sho Nuff clocked it at 5 seconds, so you win. What kind of idiot makes that bet? Of course he was going to get choked up. Who wouldn't in his situation?

well, there's a sucker born every minute as they say...or created in under a minute :unsure:

Oh man Swamp you totally called it. You're so awesome. Seriously, so original man. There is only one thing better than guessing that one of the greatest QB's of all time would cry at his press conference when he retires...and that is betting on it. You totally nailed it swampdog. Guessing...eh, no big deal. But betting on it...now that is good, real good.

And then to top it off, to tell all of us that you didn't see it because you had more important things to do...only to reveal that the important thing you were doing wasn't really that important at all!!! Dude again!, YOU NAILED IT!!!!! Cause now everyone totally knows that you didn't even care about it in the first place.

You're the king Swamp, This is your world

Never really clocked it...but would guess it was under a minute.

And i don't believe for a second that swamp did not watch it.

I guess I can understand your poor attempt at humour. Anyone leaving the Lions is always happy, so seeing someone crying must be really confusing to you. Has anyone every cried when they were leaving Detroit?

I guess I can understand your poor attempt at humour. Anyone leaving the Lions is always happy, so seeing someone crying must be really confusing to you. Has anyone every cried when they were leaving Detroit?

Steve Yzerman. :thumbsdown:

Really great conference. One of the things you take for granted with Brett (b/c of his easygoing nature) is that he can freaking speak. You listent to some of the mush-mouthed half-wits these days and you miss that. Brett did a great job - no real prepared notes, just very conversational. Very solid, good honest answers. Wish our politicians could speak so well.

Truly an icon. One of the best evah. The end of an era. He will be missed.

Thanks for everything Brett. It's been a great ride.

:thumbsdown:

i couldnt of said it better myself! Living legend IMO

Ever smelled Detroit??

Your messages have basically been reduced to the equivalent of dead air on the radio. Why do you bother?

I think I saw brett on the way to the stadium and he was crying on Lombardi Avenue..so thats minus 1 minute..or something... :thumbsdown:

Your messages have basically been reduced to the equivalent of dead air on the radio. Why do you bother?

I would say they are more like "White Noise"