Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

What is your team looking for?

Giants:

The Giants first round selection will not be a needs based pick. They could go best player available most any where on defense, wide receiver, or offensive line. Additionally, with a 2007 drafts class where all eight draftees stuck, most making notible contributions, the focus in this draft will be in quality over quantity. With that in mind, l think there is a very good chance they will make an attempt to trade up in round one or two.

If you subscribe to the notion that when there is smoke there is fire, you would have to consider the outside chance that Jerremy Shockey could be dealt in a draft day trade. You can dismiss reports suggesting the team is better off without Shockey. They aren't. But the team did manage to win a SB without him so if a team was willing to offer them something in the area of a high second round pick for the TE, they just might consider it.

Praying the pats trade down. I really don't want to see a DRC/Talib/Jenkins pick here.... too high IMO, and a situation where you overpay for a need in the draft. Wouldn't mind them trading down 10+ spots and targetting a real value play.

Perfect scenario is someone fighting for Ryan....

If they were to stay, would like them to go after Sed Ellis.... complement Wilfork and beef up our DL... Think they can take care of LB through trades/FA.

Most recent news on the Eagles is that they want to trade up in the first (using Lito Sheppard) and grab themselves one of the top rated OTs.

With Jon Runyan and Tra Thomas getting pretty old, along with the poor showing of Winston Justice last year, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Andy Reid's track record on draft day would also suggest it's a very real possibility. Especially if he grabs one that he thinks could learn both the tackle and guard positions. He loves lineman, and he loves versatile lineman even more.

a quality player that will contribute for about 10 years

Seahawks

Best player available, any position (other then QB) in the 1st.

One of the top 2 TE's in the 2nd.

I won't be suprised if Ruskell actually trades down, possibly out of the first round.

Dallas holds the 22 and 28, and all I hope and pray for is that Mr Jerry Jones doesnt go Homeboy, and trade away everything for D-Mac.

If that heappens I will freak out man.

I just dont think D-Mac is all that, ya sure he has talent, easily the highest upside of any back coming out this year, but there are a few others like Mendenhall(sp), and Stewart that could possibly be there at Dallas first pick (22), in the first round.

Seems that everyone has MB3 pencilled in as the sole back in Dallas these days, but heres a word from a die hard Cowboys fan, 30 plus years of paying attention.

I Dont really put all my faith in Barber.

He has never proven that he can carry the load, he has always had Ju Jones there to keep it even. Now that JJ is in Seattle, alot of people, esp. in the FF world are staking high claims on MB3 to bust it out and be LTesk in this system.

Now granted, Dallas did re-hire, Hudson Houck, formely with Miami, but made his name under the rein of Jimmy Johnson back in the day of the domianting Dallas OL run blocking scheme. He will bring that back, I beieve that. Last season was all about pass blocking, and run blocking was second on the list of priorities. 08 will prove to be a more road grater grind scheme in Big D with Hudson back in the scene, but Im just not totally sold that MB3 will be the solo show. Just depends on what they do in the draft.

Even if Jerry stays put and passes on the temptation to sale out and move up for D-Mac, the backfield will still be shared if they take a Stewart, Mendenhal, or even a Felix Jones.

I own MB3 in a keeper league, and I personally wouldnt mind Dallas taking one of the above listed backs with one of their 2 first rounders, but as a FF competitor, I will be holding my gut with that pick, knowing that MB3 will be splitting the touches yet again.

Mendenhall is the best back in this draft, but he isn't going to be there for Dallas at 22.

Ya, but thats what I said about Stephen Jackson when Dallas traded back and paseed on him, Kevin Jones, and another back that for some reason slips my mind at the moment.... dangity,,, and took Jules Jones. Backs always slip man. I just want to come out of round 1 with one of the 4-5 DBs' and I'll be happy.

Ya, but thats what I said about Stephen Jackson when Dallas traded back and paseed on him, Kevin Jones, and another back that for some reason slips my mind at the moment.... dangity,,, and took Jules Jones. Backs always slip man. I just want to come out of round 1 with one of the 4-5 DBs' and I'll be happy.

Yeah, that's a good crop of CBs. I'm sure you'll get one.

Yeah, that's a good crop of CBs. I'm sure you'll get one.

Definetly a deep draft for DBs'. Even Flowers form Va Tech might slip to the early 2nd, and that guy can bring some punishment.

I actually see him transistioning to a Strong Safety in the Pros, just dont think hes got the speed to play man, but could be relevant in a zone system at cb, like New England.

Also I find it hard to believe that Leodis McKelvin and DRC and Aqib Talib are getting so much pub and Jenkins has received little attention from the media. Personally I think Jenkins will be the steal of the draft, if he slides all the way to 22 for Dallas.

Do you think the Giants might be going LBr' early?

I agree with Nuggs on this one. Even during the mock, I was hoping that the Pats would either have someone like Gholston or Eliss slip. I just don't see it being likely. They are going to try to trade out, but I am not sure that they are going to get exactly what they want. I could see them working with Carolina to slip in front of the Ravens and swapping firsts, getting an extra pick later on (3rd?) and possibly a player (Seward).

You can hope that Dallas really wants someone and McFadden is sitting there at 7th, but I don't see Dallas giving up both firsts for that pick. The salary cap is definitely changing how the draft works and, until they put in a rookie slotting system, you are going to see teams at the top being more hamstrung than ever.

I also wonder what the shortened timeframe for picking first rounders will do with respect to trades. :thumbsdown:

I do see the Pats looking at LB or CB in the first.

I agree with Nuggs on this one. Even during the mock, I was hoping that the Pats would either have someone like Gholston or Eliss slip. I just don't see it being likely. They are going to try to trade out, but I am not sure that they are going to get exactly what they want. I could see them working with Carolina to slip in front of the Ravens and swapping firsts, getting an extra pick later on (3rd?) and possibly a player (Seward).

You can hope that Dallas really wants someone and McFadden is sitting there at 7th, but I don't see Dallas giving up both firsts for that pick. The salary cap is definitely changing how the draft works and, until they put in a rookie slotting system, you are going to see teams at the top being more hamstrung than ever.

I also wonder what the shortened timeframe for picking first rounders will do with respect to trades. :thumbsdown:

I do see the Pats looking at LB or CB in the first.

Interesting that you bring up the shortened time frame in the first two rounds this year as far as affecting trades, as I have considered this as well.

I just think that alot of teams with trade considerations will be communicating moreso than usual now before the draft takes place, and having certain trade scenarios already staged beforehand, just in case the oportunity does arise.

Do you think the Giants might be going LBr' early?

Its possible if someone is sitting there that grades out high for them, but I don't think they are going to go out of their way. They'll be getting Kiwanuka back from injury and are quite high on Wilkinson, which was undoubtedly a big reason for their not re-signing Mitchell. LB is not a very significant position in their defense and I'm sure they feel comfortable drafting for depth at the position a bit later in the draft if need be. Mayo seems like their type of player, so he is a guy I could see them taking, though probably not at 31. Quenton Groves as a two down LB/DE hybrid is a possibility.

BTW, I like Jenkins as well. Probably even better than DRC.

Packers.

Thompson made C Williams franchise then traded him to Cleve for a 2. Depth helps us there, allows us many picks early to secure a gourd (felt like saying gourd) and a DB.

I won't be suprised if Ruskell actually trades down, possibly out of the first round.

I'd like to see that, Keller is pretty obviously his boy, might as well add a few selections.

Vikings will likely be looking at DE (probably Harvey or Merling), or maybe a RT (Otah?).

Agreed 100%

Packers.

Thompson made C Williams franchise then traded him to Cleve for a 2. Depth helps us there, allows us many picks early to secure a gourd (felt like saying gourd) and a DB.

Now that Williams is gone, are you sure that the Pack don't want another DT in the 1st round? Harrell worked out so well for you guys last year.

--TITANS--

The Titans could go in a lot of directions on draft day...

WR

Obviously, WR is the position that everyone talks about because, as of right now, the Titans don't have a true #1 calibur WR on their roster. Roydell Williams can be a solid #2 WR in the NFL, Paul Williams has some potential, and both Justin Gage & Justin McCareins are solid (but unspectacular).

Possible Picks: Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson, Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas

DE

The Titans lost both Travis LaBoy (Cardinals) and Antwan Odom (Bengals) this offseason. They brought in Javon Kearse, but he's oft-injured and pretty much a situational pass-rusher at this point in his career. They're not really sure what they have in Jacob Ford, last year's rookie who missed the whole season, and Bryce Fisher's more of a backup/rotational player. Even though he continues to play very well, Kyle Vanden Bosch needs some help on the opposite side.

Possible Picks: Derrick Harvey, Philip Merling, Quentin Groves, Calais Campbell

DT

The Titans lost Randy Starks this offseason, which, honestly, wasn't a big loss. Tony Brown's played well; but he's best served as a rotational player. Albert Haynesworth was awesome last season, but he always misses a couple of games; and we saw how bad the run defense became as soon as Haynesworth was out. They do have last year's rookie, Antonio Johnson, coming back from a season-long injury, but no one knows how he'll pan out.

Possible Picks: Kentwan Balmer, Trevor Laws, Pat Sims, Red Bryant

CB

Pacman's as good as gone. Cortland Finnegan and Nick Harper are both good starters; however, Harper's getting old and there's the need for more depth (especially since Michael Griffin was moved to S).

Possible Picks: Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib, Antoine Cason, Brandon Flowers, Justin King

RB

There have been some rumblings that the Titans could go with a RB if a player they really liked fell to #24. Lendale White played OK last season, but you never know if he'll stay in shape during the offseason. Chris Henry showed some flashes at times but also was inconsistent and lost a lot of playing-time experience due to suspension.

Possible Picks:Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones, Chris Johnson

What position will the Titans draft???

Personally, I think a lot will obviously depend on who's available at #24. If Mike Jenkins or Aqib Talib were to somehow slip that far, I think the Titans would seriously consider taking a CB. I think they could take a RB sometime during the draft; however, after investing high picks on RBs the past two years, I doubt that they take another one on the first day. Even though WR is the popular pick in a lot of mock-drafts, I could easily see Reinfeldt/Fisher waiting until sometime in rounds 2-4, where there's some decent value to be found. DL will be a serious consideration as there are needs at both DE and DT.

Right now, I'd rank the positions (in terms of likelihood in the 1st):

1a. DE

1b. CB

3. WR

4. DT

5. RB

Heres what I think (hope) Seattle's draft board looks like:

1. Brandon Albert

2. Johnathan Stewart

3. Chris Williams

4. Kenny Phillips

They are pretty set at every position and have the ability to take BPA if someone really good falls. Hopefully one of these 4 will still be around when they pick.

--TITANS--

The Titans could go in a lot of directions on draft day...

WR

Obviously, WR is the position that everyone talks about because, as of right now, the Titans don't have a true #1 calibur WR on their roster. Roydell Williams can be a solid #2 WR in the NFL, Paul Williams has some potential, and both Justin Gage & Justin McCareins are solid (but unspectacular).

Possible Picks: Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson, Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas

DE

The Titans lost both Travis LaBoy (Cardinals) and Antwan Odom (Bengals) this offseason. They brought in Javon Kearse, but he's oft-injured and pretty much a situational pass-rusher at this point in his career. They're not really sure what they have in Jacob Ford, last year's rookie who missed the whole season, and Bryce Fisher's more of a backup/rotational player. Even though he continues to play very well, Kyle Vanden Bosch needs some help on the opposite side.

Possible Picks: Derrick Harvey, Philip Merling, Quentin Groves, Calais Campbell

DT

The Titans lost Randy Starks this offseason, which, honestly, wasn't a big loss. Tony Brown's played well; but he's best served as a rotational player. Albert Haynesworth was awesome last season, but he always misses a couple of games; and we saw how bad the run defense became as soon as Haynesworth was out. They do have last year's rookie, Antonio Johnson, coming back from a season-long injury, but no one knows how he'll pan out.

Possible Picks: Kentwan Balmer, Trevor Laws, Pat Sims, Red Bryant

CB

Pacman's as good as gone. Cortland Finnegan and Nick Harper are both good starters; however, Harper's getting old and there's the need for more depth (especially since Michael Griffin was moved to S).

Possible Picks: Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib, Antoine Cason, Brandon Flowers, Justin King

RB

There have been some rumblings that the Titans could go with a RB if a player they really liked fell to #24. Lendale White played OK last season, but you never know if he'll stay in shape during the offseason. Chris Henry showed some flashes at times but also was inconsistent and lost a lot of playing-time experience due to suspension.

Possible Picks:Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones, Chris Johnson

What position will the Titans draft???

Personally, I think a lot will obviously depend on who's available at #24. If Mike Jenkins or Aqib Talib were to somehow slip that far, I think the Titans would seriously consider taking a CB. I think they could take a RB sometime during the draft; however, after investing high picks on RBs the past two years, I doubt that they take another one on the first day. Even though WR is the popular pick in a lot of mock-drafts, I could easily see Reinfeldt/Fisher waiting until sometime in rounds 2-4, where there's some decent value to be found. DL will be a serious consideration as there are needs at both DE and DT.

Right now, I'd rank the positions (in terms of likelihood in the 1st):

1a. DE

1b. CB

3. WR

4. DT

5. RB

Good Grief Mick - - I was about to make a Titan's response and then whabaam. This freakin' masterpiece appearance 2 posts before mine. :shocking:

Kilroy's post way up top says Eagles are looking other than wr with their number 1 pick. That only leaves Buffalo possibly grabbing a wr. The Titan's could literally have the #2/#3 wr on the board. Your WR list is perfect. I really like the way Kelly catches the ball even if it's not a perfect pass. That Thomas boy looks awesome in the mock draft stuff I dug up. I really didn't know much about him, but he super impressed me with some of the highlight catches. Sweed has redzone written all over his face which I do think is a need. The speedster Jackson is 4th on my list.

I too am worried about the loss of Laboy and Odom. I hope they have a plan. I thought Brown did a nice job last year and expect him to step up with much more playing time this year. I'm just worried the top 5 DE will be off the board when the Titan's get to pick. Then you have to outweigh #2 WR Kelly over the #6 DE of Robertson or Groves.

One of these guys will be there 2nd round I'm willing to bet DE Merling, DT Bryant, CB King for the best available in the 2nd round on the defensive side of the ball.

RB - I feel like this is ok for the top 3 rounds

The defense really scars me on the depth side. This team could begin to get mowed over in this division with a few injuries.

One of these guys will be there 2nd round I'm willing to bet DE Merling, DT Bryant, CB King for the best available in the 2nd round on the defensive side of the ball.

Baring an injury, a failed drug test, or waking up with a dead hooker, there's no way Merling lasts to the late 2nd. He's a real possibility for the Vikings in the first round, and probably won't make it out of the first.

Colts

A pick...........we don't have one in round 1.

With our first pick I think you always have to look on the defensive side of the ball with this team....LB's and DT's especially. I am also a little concerned about the thinning and aging of the o-line. Say what you will about Bill Polian but he is proven at finding gems in the draft. I don't expect this year to be any different

I hope the Vikings draft an OT so we can trade that pile of dung McKinney. Overpaid and the last remaining cancer from the "Love Boat" scandal. :cry:

There is not going to be a DE worth taking at #17.

Houston - we really need a quality CB with Dunta missing the 1st half of the season or maybe a RB.

RAMS:

Some would say with the departure of Bruce, they need to get another WR. I would prefer them to get a defensive player.

Glenn Dorsey (DT)

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 316

College: LSU

(If they go with this route, then this guy is big, and reported to have good burst speed. The Rams desperately need a strong pass rush to continue on with their later 07' successes.

Devin Thomas (WR)

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 215

College: Michigan State

(If this route, then Thomas could really learn under a guy like Holt with Drew Bennett and Dane Looker helping out.)

All and all, I'd say these should be the two for first round contention since the Rams go second in the draft.

Niners

An Offense.

:thumbsdown:

Niners.

A QB.

I hope the Vikings draft an OT so we can trade that pile of dung McKinney. Overpaid and the last remaining cancer from the "Love Boat" scandal. :thumbsdown:

There is not going to be a DE worth taking at #17.

Are you thinking Harvey will be gone by pick 17?

Heres what I think (hope) Seattle's draft board looks like:

1. Brandon Albert

2. Johnathan Stewart

3. Chris Williams

4. Kenny Phillips

They are pretty set at every position and have the ability to take BPA if someone really good falls. Hopefully one of these 4 will still be around when they pick.

I've been thinking about Phillips too. Our safeties got the job done last year, but it would be nice to have a real playmaker back there.

If we stand pat at 25 I'm hoping for Merling, Balmer or Phillips, with Balmer being the slight favorite. Just as long as we dont reach for a TE.

Trading out of the 1st altogether would be nice. Maybe Ruskell can bend Jerry Jones over for some extra picks.

I've been thinking about Phillips too. Our safeties got the job done last year, but it would be nice to have a real playmaker back there.

If we stand pat at 25 I'm hoping for Merling, Balmer or Phillips, with Balmer being the slight favorite. Just as long as we dont reach for a TE.

Trading out of the 1st altogether would be nice. Maybe Ruskell can bend Jerry Jones over for some extra picks.

I'm looking at

#1. Jonathan Stewart

#2. Kenny Phillips

#3. Trade down

I have a whole laundry list of guys I like. However at our position at #25. Those would be my top 3 choices.

Honorable mention still goes to Dustin Keller (Although he isn't a #25 value). I still believe the TE position will be how we replace Branch and Hackett's numbers this year. Getting productivity from this position will help every other position including our inexperienced WR's out tenfold.

Are you thinking Harvey will be gone by pick 17?

I bet he will be gone by #12 (Denver)

That will leave Campbell and Merling, et all. I would take Merling over anyone remaining, but he is more of an all-around DE, not an elite pass rush specialist. He is not that different than Udeze. And even though Udeze will be out indefinitely, you can easily find a DE who is good against the run, either late in the draft or in FA.

IMO, no DE should be taken in the 1st round, unless they are an elite pass rusher (Freney), or they are a freak of nature (Peppers).