Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

1st Birthday Party

My little guy turned one on Thursday. Today is the party, I have never thrown one before. Will it be chaos?

My little guy turned one on Thursday. Today is the party, I have never thrown one before. Will it be chaos?

Your stand up routine oughta keep it pretty tame................

..........and Congrats!!! :pointstosky:

aww, how cute!

1st b-day parties are really for the adults to admire the baby and for you to feed the adults and take lots of pictures of baby trying to feed itself and make a mess of eating it's b-day cake.

the baby will probably fall asleep or get cranky durinng some of the party, but all in all it will be a great time for all.

have a wonderful memorable day!

(i never had a 1st b-day party for my daughter but i've been to many)

It was cool. He didn't know it was any other day. The other kids were good, but it was way louder at our place then usual. After everyone left, he had the super tired meltdown which was fine.

Some kick arse toys though. :headbanger:

Did you let him eat his cake?

Adorable pictures of him making a mess smashing his entire head into his birthday cake?

Did you let him eat his cake?

Yep. My wife made a gluten free cupcake for him. We had to give him this because she is allergic to gluten, so we can't give him any gluten for a while until we know if he is or not.

He didn't make too much of a mess even though he loved the cake. He is so used to picking up food with his index finger and thumb, he was just pinching off pieces and eating it ever so dainty.

We did have some serious fights break out amongst the cousins on who got to play with what balloons.

Yep. My wife made a gluten free cupcake for him. We had to give him this because she is allergic to gluten, so we can't give him any gluten for a while until we know if he is or not.

He didn't make too much of a mess even though he loved the cake. He is so used to picking up food with his index finger and thumb, he was just pinching off pieces and eating it ever so dainty.

We did have some serious fights break out amongst the cousins on who got to play with what balloons.

I bet he was a cutie.

So why don't you just give him stuff with gluten now and see if he's allergic? Wouldn't you be able to tell right away?

..........buy a clown with the extra coin!!! :thumbsdown:

You know. You really underestimate the level of creepieness that comes with a clown.

I bet he was a cutie.

So why don't you just give him stuff with gluten now and see if he's allergic? Wouldn't you be able to tell right away?

He was painfully cute. :dunno:

With my wife, it is not an instant reaction like getting hives or anything like that. She will seem fine and then if she has it a couple of times, she will get whacky neurological symptoms. We could very well give him something and notice anything, but it still could be doing bad things to his insides.

1st Birfday parties suck. It's full of cackeling women and a couple of guys who were dragged there by their g/fs. I've been one of those guys.

"Ohh, he's so cute! Isn't he just adorable? He looks like an angel! He's just precious! Oh now look at him, he's staring at everyone! Isn't that sweet?..."

so your wife can't drink beer? :dunno:

also congrats, I'm sure it was fun <_<

so your wife can't drink beer? :shocking:

also congrats, I'm sure it was fun :thumbsup:

They make Gluten Free beer. ;)

1st Birfday parties suck. It's full of cackeling women and a couple of guys who were dragged there by their g/fs. I've been one of those guys.

"Ohh, he's so cute! Isn't he just adorable? He looks like an angel! He's just precious! Oh now look at him, he's staring at everyone! Isn't that sweet?..."

I feel sorry for you. :thumbsup:

He was painfully cute. :shocking:

Are you sure he's yours? :thumbsup:

He was painfully cute. :wall:

With my wife, it is not an instant reaction like getting hives or anything like that. She will seem fine and then if she has it a couple of times, she will get whacky neurological symptoms. We could very well give him something and notice anything, but it still could be doing bad things to his insides.

What kind of wacky brain sh1t? Like would she just start acting abusive, etc or what?

I ask because I know someone who when they drink they just get crazy and it's not normal drunken crazy.

What kind of wacky brain sh1t? Like would she just start acting abusive, etc or what?

I ask because I know someone who when they drink they just get crazy and it's not normal drunken crazy.

Gluten isn't just in beer. People with gluten allergies might stare off into space, start drooling, etc. It can be any number of neurological symptoms, babbling, not able to talk. So, if this person you're referring to would act like that when eating anything with gluten in it...gluten is in just about everything.

Happy 1st to littleredtodd!!!

Not long until he asks for his first trip to Supreme's. :pointstosky:

Not long until he asks for his first trip to Supreme's. :overhead:

I would only bring him there in order to show him that white trash exists on the East Coast too.