Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

Kiper vs. McShay vs. Mayock

Which analyst do you like best, Kiper, McShay or Mayock?

I personally can't stand Kiper and Mayock is a close second (get off Matt Ryan's jock already).

Todd McShay seems pretty good, not arrogant like he knows it all, and puts Kiper in his place, I've enjoyed him battling it out with Kiper this week. Time for Kiper to hang it up, IMO.

Any others you guys like/dislike?

I was just about to say, that I hate the way McShay goes after Kiper on NFL live. It's like every show ESPN does, there has to be X amount of arguments(real or fake) per 1/2 hour show.

McShay seems pretty arrogant to me, but maybe that is all contrived when he is on with Kiper. I think Kiper is okay. Nobody hits on every player, but he seems to have pretty logical thoughts on who teams should take. Hell, the GM's are considered successful if they can hit on 25%-33% of their high draft picks.

I was just about to say, that I hate the way McShay goes after Kiper on NFL live. It's like every show ESPN does, there has to be X amount of arguments(real or fake) per 1/2 hour show.

I agree with the above post.

Mayock all the way. He gives good predictions. But at the same time he has played the game and breaks down players. The other two just talk about how this guys stock has dropped and what not.

Mayock.

Mayock- Played in the pros and can blow you away with how they will be used in the league. I agree with his projections more than the others. The other two are a slave to the ESPN "in" feature on the dot com. They don't give their best info for free.

Pat Kirwin has taken draft knowledge to a whole new level on NFL radio and is my new fave.

Mayock- Played in the pros and can blow you away with how they will be used in the league. I agree with his projections more than the others. The other two are a slave to the ESPN "in" feature on the dot com. They don't give their best info for free.

Pat Kirwin has taken draft knowledge to a whole new level on NFL radio and is my new fave.

I've been looking at Kirwan's stuff on NFL.com and I like it as well. I know he was in the GM field for a while and seems to have some pretty good insight.

Anyone know who had the most correct in their final day 1 mocks yesterday?

I dont have the mocks in front of me but I know that Mayock had to have the highest percentage. Flipping back and forth between NFLN and ESPN Mayock was on the money and IMO no other analyst held a candle to him yesterday.

The other guys on NFLN kept commenting on how Mayock was hitting on picks from his mock and it seemed like even when he didnt have it mocked correctly he was able to accurately predict who teams would take while they were on the clock.

This weekend Mike Mayock has established himself as the best draft guy in the business. HANDS DOWN.