Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Six & Seven Draft Commentary**

Just woke up.....gotta take a leak, give me a sec to catch up.

:thumbsdown:

Thanks for that. Just after lunch, too.

Thanks for that. Just after lunch, too.

Yeah, I found some pasta and meatballs that someone left on the train this morning and warmed them up with some hot dogs I noticed in the back of the fridge in the kitchen here at work, good eatin right there...

Yeah, I found some pasta and meatballs that someone left on the train this morning and warmed them up with some hot dogs I noticed in the back of the fridge in the kitchen here at work, good eatin right there...

When I lef the baseball game last night, I hit the mother lode in a trash can. There were at least 5 partially eaten hot dogs. I cut them up this morning and made an omelette.

:drool:

When I lef the baseball game last night, I hit the mother lode in a trash can. There were at least 5 partially eaten hot dogs. I cut them up this morning and made an omelette.

:drool:

And who hasn't been there...I mean, when you can't even afford Ramen, you have to be creative... :thumbsdown:

Sorry guys - I was just looking at the subtitle (gratefulted's turn) and didn't even realize I was up. Brain fart.

And who hasn't been there...I mean, when you can't even afford Ramen, you have to be creative... :shocking:

Did you know that if you collect alot of those ketchup packets and add come water you'll get a tasty bowl of tomato soup. :banana:

Don't know if I could've waited for Davis or not but I predict he'll have a huge season this year after last years injury plagued season, he's just too good.

I also think Freddy (no longer Frederica) will fill in just fine.

Pickings at RB are getting slim. When I took Roddy last round I thought Fargas might get overlooked and fall to me (nice grab Dan). So although I think there were better "value" picks on the board I had to draft on need with this pick. DeAngelo Williams should begin the season as the starter and at worse go into a RBBC mid-season. Lots of uncertainty but with Soloist already having Stewart and coming up around this bend I didn't think he's make it back to me.

Pickings at RB are getting slim. When I took Roddy last round I thought Fargas might get overlooked and fall to me (nice grab Dan). So although I think there were better "value" picks on the board I had to draft on need with this pick. DeAngelo Williams should begin the season as the starter and at worse go into a RBBC mid-season. Lots of uncertainty but with Soloist already having Stewart and coming up around this bend I didn't think he's make it back to me.

I thought I was playing risky last round going WR with Taylor and Fargas both on the board, but played on everyone having a good number anyway. I'm not sure how often I want to make that gambit, though. Nice pickup with Deangelo.

Didn't Ray make a comment in another thread about giving an award to the person who is most apt to slow up a draft?

Anybody else think Driver went pretty late? Seemed like good value right there.......

Anybody else think Driver went pretty late? Seemed like good value right there.......

That was really good value. I had been debating between him and Galloway. The deciding factor was that I "know" what Galloway's situation is. Driver has a new quarterback, and so the outcome is a question mark. I'd have been content with him, though.

I made a choice of either S. Moss or Driver. I liked them both equally where they were, but I really decided to go with the home run potential of Moss. May or may not work out.

:thumbsup:

Don't know if I could've waited for Davis or not but I predict he'll have a huge season this year after last years injury plagued season, he's just too good.

I also think Freddy (no longer Frederica) will fill in just fine.

Yeah, I think Davis is a big tease.....him being a former Terp always endears him to me, but as you stated he really has a hard time staying on the field, and with Martz in town I have to worry further since Martz has never made good use of a TE, then again he has never had a TE like Davis either....I still say that Martz is no offensive guru but more of a lucky individual who happens in to fortunate personnell....and where he doesnt he is mediocrity becomes rather evident...

So....for me....the injuries plus the QB situation, WR situation and coach make me leery :thumbsup:

I called the Def.. I missed the team but i knew that's what Rayray was gonna do!! :thumbsup:

One of my hardfast rules in drafting.....always be in at the start of a run, not the middle or end.... and I have another very specific reason for taking this course of action of which I am not ready to reveal just yet. :nono:

One of my hardfast rules in drafting.....always be in at the start of a run, not the middle or end.... and I have another very specific reason for taking this course of action of which I am not ready to reveal just yet. :overhead:

I am anxiously awaiting to hear this specific reason... :unsure:

I am anxiously awaiting to hear this specific reason... :overhead:

Are you flirting with me?? :huh: :unsure: ... :wub:

One of my hardfast rules in drafting.....always be in at the start of a run, not the middle or end.... and I have another very specific reason for taking this course of action of which I am not ready to reveal just yet. :overhead:

I know RLLD and his secrets.

He is hoping to start the run of defenses so that other players will fall to him....but it aint gonna happen!

(not in this scoring system) :unsure:

One of my hardfast rules in drafting.....always be in at the start of a run, not the middle or end....

Unless somebody starts the run two rounds too early.

:overhead:

Hate on me all you want, every single pick was planned out in advance, and this was all part of the plan :unsure:

I think he started the run 7 rounds early.

I think he started the run 7 rounds early.

I was stuck between to wideouts with this pick. I decided on Burleson. In the last 3 games in 2007, he caught 16 passes for 235 . 10 of those were for first downs and 3 were for td's. It was clear to me that Hass found his new Branch. With Hackett gone, and Branch MIA, I feel hass and Burleson take it to the next level this season. I am sure the other wideout I was looking at falls in the next two picks, along with a Fumblerooney special! :overhead:

Hate on me all you want, every single pick was planned out in advance, and this was all part of the plan :overhead:

:unsure:

Hate on me all you want, every single pick was planned out in advance, and this was all part of the plan :music_guitarred:

Dooood, you need to scrap that plan pronto. :thumbsdown:

ICEMAN

Um, Ray....did you forget about the scoring system here? Defenses only get points for TDs.

Um, Ray....did you forget about the scoring system here? Defenses only get points for TDs.

He knows, he did the same thing last season as I remember and we jumped on him for it then too. :music_guitarred:

He knows, he did the same thing last season as I remember and we jumped on him for it then too. :rolleyes:

Ah, the June Mock....full of bizarre, mysterious characters.....

Now that all 4 WRs have been taken I find it interesting that Jennings and Cotchery were drafted before Driver and Coles respectively. Jennings certainly came on last season with Favre, but I would think a new QB would look to the old vet for security first. It's a little different in NYJ, because who knows who's playing QB. And I can see the upside in Jennings and Cotch v. knowing what you get in Driver and Coles, I just find the difference in rounds they're selected interesting especially in a redraft.

Coles was still targeted more when healthy, and especially in the redzone. I like the play of letting Cotch fall first. Jennings takes the slant to the next level. He takes it to the house, while Driver hits the dirt. You can't blame him though as he is old and wise. Jennings and driver are equal values where they are falling to, and I believe Coles is a better value where he is falling as opposed to Cotch.

...................and I'm struggling between two players so give me a break !!!!!!! :rolleyes:

...................and I'm struggling between two players so give me a break !!!!!!! :rolleyes:

:lol:

I am anxiously awaiting to hear this specific reason... :overhead:

OK, hear me out on this....yes, THIS draft presents a rather simple scoring system for the defense, and one that I have never had in ANY league...ever.... I think this mock should prolly adopt at least one of the more common defense scoring systems as it would enhance its value to those participating in it and those viewing it once competed....but I digress...

First point is that I would expect a defense to disappear in round 7 or 8 in most drafts, someone is going to do it, and in the ensuing round three or four others are going to hit that heard mentality....so in a sense, yes I was looking to incite a run and see who would bite early, and see what fell as a result...that expirement failed.....mostly because the participants int his mock are just plain good... but I would have loved to see it play out as knowing what might spring from such an action would allow me greater flexibility in how I hit round 6......

Now, that being said I am still using this mock as a practice to beat up my current spreadsheet and sanity-check the strategies I am playing with....I like to take my list and bang it against various scoring matrices and scenerios to better band players and arrive at a script....

By the time the real drafts start I can literally script out the entire thing, nd predraft for every spot knowing who should likely be there and the exact priority list for every single pick....I can then pre-assemble my team based on a few scenerios.and further tweak my list...

For example, I know exactly what I am hitting in rounds 1 and 2, but something happens in that I either dont get my first choices or a player drops unexpectedly......well, I alsready have a backup scenerio setup that wll allow me to run through every pick and know exactly what I would do with the new scenerio....

This approach is a direct result of the IBL, where the multiple drafts required watching each one, and where players were being taken so I could know when and where I wanted to trade in to each draft....

Last year was a perfect example where I actually traded down a bunch and was able to snatch Manning in another draft, then tweak the picks back and forth to get a RB here or a WR there that I missed in other drafts but fell elsewhere...

I had one of those "AHA!" momements in a previous IBL draft that allowed me to start scripting, and it is mocks like this one that enable me to even do it at all.....I need the quality of the people in this mock to make this thing work at all....

I'm content with the explanation. I do similar things. I've let players go that I might otherwise have taken, because I want to see where they fall without me, especially if they are a player that I really like, and am afraid of my own placement of.

OK, hear me out on this....yes, THIS draft presents a rather simple scoring system for the defense, and one that I have never had in ANY league...ever.... I think this mock should prolly adopt at least one of the more common defense scoring systems as it would enhance its value to those participating in it and those viewing it once competed....but I digress...

First point is that I would expect a defense to disappear in round 7 or 8 in most drafts, someone is going to do it, and in the ensuing round three or four others are going to hit that heard mentality....so in a sense, yes I was looking to incite a run and see who would bite early, and see what fell as a result...that expirement failed.....mostly because the participants int his mock are just plain good... but I would have loved to see it play out as knowing what might spring from such an action would allow me greater flexibility in how I hit round 6......

Now, that being said I am still using this mock as a practice to beat up my current spreadsheet and sanity-check the strategies I am playing with....I like to take my list and bang it against various scoring matrices and scenerios to better band players and arrive at a script....

By the time the real drafts start I can literally script out the entire thing, nd predraft for every spot knowing who should likely be there and the exact priority list for every single pick....I can then pre-assemble my team based on a few scenerios.and further tweak my list...

For example, I know exactly what I am hitting in rounds 1 and 2, but something happens in that I either dont get my first choices or a player drops unexpectedly......well, I alsready have a backup scenerio setup that wll allow me to run through every pick and know exactly what I would do with the new scenerio....

This approach is a direct result of the IBL, where the multiple drafts required watching each one, and where players were being taken so I could know when and where I wanted to trade in to each draft....

Last year was a perfect example where I actually traded down a bunch and was able to snatch Manning in another draft, then tweak the picks back and forth to get a RB here or a WR there that I missed in other drafts but fell elsewhere...

I had one of those "AHA!" momements in a previous IBL draft that allowed me to start scripting, and it is mocks like this one that enable me to even do it at all.....I need the quality of the people in this mock to make this thing work at all....

$h!T! Carry on Ray! :first: