Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Eight & Nine Draft Commentary**

FOCK! I want the other guy so bad, but I want/need this TE worse, and he isn't going to be there at the end of 9. Heath Miller it is. This gives me a combo with my QB, and I know these two feel each other. I have Heath in a virtual tie for the #6 TE on my list with Clark, and *&^&%^$&, who will also fall soon. I have him for 650 and 7 td's this year.

RLLD - get your backup D now, surely if you take 2 off the board you will begin the run! :music_guitarred: :wink:

Ray's post about people holding up the draft is looking pretty ironic these past couple of picks........

Fumble . . . check out TDZ . . .

I'll try to organize everyone's opinions into what looks like a consensus.

Fantasy King - the IBL went PPR.

Fumble . . . check out TDZ . . .

I'll try to organize everyone's opinions into what looks like a consensus.

Fantasy King - the IBL went PPR.

Cool - I would be interested in joining, where do I need to go?

Got called into an all afternoon COOP meeting, then had to bolt in order to get to the boat in time to race tonight,....but yeah, how ironic and what not :dunno:

Cool - I would be interested in joining, where do I need to go?

For the moment, be patient. We're hopefully making the decision shortly. You've been spoken for . . . a couple of times.

All that for Rivers??? :overhead:

Whut?

I camein the door, still dripping wet from sailing, and immediately picked even with the protestations of the wife... :dunno:

Whut?

I camein the door, still dripping wet from sailing, and immediately picked even with the protestations of the wife... :overhead:

You want a do-over.... :dunno:

For the moment, be patient. We're hopefully making the decision shortly. You've been spoken for . . . a couple of times.

Thanks Dan - appreciate it.

To the draft - I cannot think of a better league to draft Bernard Berrian in than the No Hassle League. This guy will be a roller coaster and getting to only use him on the weeks where he can bust out a few long TDs will be sweet - I can pass on his 3 for 30 stinkers which may be plentiful. But they play the Lions twice!

To the draft - I cannot think of a better league to draft Bernard Berrian in than the No Hassle League. This guy will be a roller coaster and getting to only use him on the weeks where he can bust out a few long TDs will be sweet - I can pass on his 3 for 30 stinkers which may be plentiful. But they play the Lions twice!

Great point about the format making Berrian a solid pick.

Ray, we're just busting your butt a little bit. Don't sweat it, man....glad you're here. :overhead:

Exactly halfway through the draft after three full days at it. Solid pace so far. :overhead:

If it were Berrian from the Bears I would agree more, but this is Berrian from a new offense, and still questionable Qb play. He might give some help on a few weeks.

Loved the Bobby Engram pick. His contract situation notwithstanding, he is most consistently productive receiver on that team, and that could be saying something. Good, solid receiver, and really good value. Add him to the list of receivers going after teammates that they could outperform.

If it were Berrian from the Bears I would agree more, but this is Berrian from a new offense, and still questionable Qb play. He might give some help on a few weeks.

Call me crazy but I don't think Tarvaris Jackson coming into his third year is going to be significantly worse than Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton and Brian Griese.

Call me crazy but I don't think Tarvaris Jackson coming into his third year is going to be significantly worse than Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton and Brian Griese.

:thumbsup: :headbanger:

Nice pick of Deuce Dan. I think people are sleeping on him and I almost took him with my last pick but drafted on need instead. Was hoping he might swing back to me.

You're crazy..... :thumbsup:

Deuce is 29, and while he's fought injuries the past couple of years, he's in a backfield with a dancer who has yet to show that he's ready to take the full load.

I was happy to see him here. Almost went another direction . . .

AD and Chester will be all of the scoring on this team. I don't think much of this offense will come thru Bernard. I predict right now that Jackson's rushing TD's will be within one of Berrian's receiving TD's.

AD and Chester will be all of the scoring on this team. I don't think much of this offense will come thru Bernard. I predict right now that Jackson's rushing TD's will be within one of Berrian's receiving TD's.

Yes but those 2 weeks when Berrian gets his 4 TDs will be gold for me! :overhead:

FK, Dan, PISL, Ted, Clash, V4E, ICE - At 8.05 I was deciding between taking Mendy v. Daniels. Need of a TE won out and I took Daniels, but if I had taken Mendy would Daniels have made it back to me or would one of you taken him?

FK, Dan, PISL, Ted, Clash, V4E, ICE - At 8.05 I was deciding between taking Mendy v. Daniels. Need of a TE won out and I took Daniels, but if I had taken Mendy would Daniels have made it back to me or would one of you taken him?

I think you should probably just ask the guys who don't have a TE. I don't have one and I probably still would not have taken Daniels. Not that I don't like him, but I think I can wait to get a decent TE and I have more pressing needs.

J, I wouldn't have taken Daniels, but I was hoping Mendelhal might have come back around. With Gates, I don't see a pressing need for a backup TE at that point in the draft.

I also wouldn't have taken Daniels.

But thanks for passing on Mendenhall. :overhead:

I wasn't going to touch Daniels.

I think you should probably just ask the guys who don't have a TE. I don't have one and I probably still would not have taken Daniels. Not that I don't like him, but I think I can wait to get a decent TE and I have more pressing needs.

Yeah, I was just being lazy and didn't look to see who already had a TE

Who the fock is Owen Daniels..... :dunno:

Had no interest in Daniels but I would've grabbed Mendenhall if available.

Would someone take a list, I gotta take off for an hour or so.

I had a very hard time passing up McNabb at my 8.02 pick. He would have been a great scoring force in the "No Hassle" format, along with Big Ben. I ultimately had to darft TE and not let the "No Hassle" stuff sway me too much. McNabb at this point in any format is a great pick!

Yeah, I was just being lazy and didn't look to see who already had a TE

I had Daniels earmarked as my #2 TE and was going to grab him on this corner, if he made it. I have him rated right with Miller and Clark as the #6 TE. (so 6, 7, and 8).

I had a very hard time passing up McNabb at my 8.02 pick. He would have been a great scoring force in the "No Hassle" format, along with Big Ben. I ultimately had to darft TE and not let the "No Hassle" stuff sway me too much. McNabb at this point in any format is a great pick!

I also really wanted McNabb, but needed a 3rd RB more than a 2nd QB.

He was a great value pick.

McNabb is an avoid for me, every year that I have had him on one of my teams he gets hurt, is out for a few (or more) games....

He is only getting older, I dont expect him to last the season, and I am not sure he will get decent support from anyone other than Reggie Brown who seems rather easy to double....

I might consider McNabb as a backup QB, but would likely still grab a 3rd QB simply because I had him.... :)