Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

Fatal Error

I wasnt the only one.

Yes, I admit it. I took Bush over Westy last year. :(

I had Westy an entire tier ahead of Bush and expected him to be gone by my pick at 1.10. I had already decided I was gonna take Bush there and when Westy fell to me I convinced myself that Bush had more upside and that I didnt want to deal w/ his injury questions.

Im sill ashamed.

:mad:

:wub: I feel for ya.

i ahve a good one. i had brady ahead of bulger on my rank lists but i drafted maroney in the first round so i figured "i dont want to double dip patriots so ill take bulger instead. wow. i also had adp. would have been a fantasy season for the ages. instead i busted out.

Where do I start...drafting from #12 spot:

Mistake #1: Draft Maroney + T. Henry

Mistake #2: Early panic...trade Maroney + Colston for Rudi

Mistake #3: Needing to plug gap @ WR, trade Big Ben for Holt (hell, I had Warner and Schaub to platoon...why worry?)

Mistakes 4-?: Watching S. Holmes, Schaub, Warner, D. Wynn + more not only get injured, but injured in the 1st quarter, so I get almost no points that week

Last year was brutal...this year, I'm laying off the trades and taking my medicine w/the draft + ww pickups...at least until my starters start blowing out their ACLs... :(

My fatal error is not picking guys I liked to have huge seasons and going with hyped guys like Kitna,Roy Williams, and MJD. I guess there are two things to take out of drafing.

1- Dont buy the "lead back getting carries hype". Michael Turner screams to be Cedric Benson 2 even though I like him.

2- Dont take qbs who throw picks and are inconsistent. QBs are the highest scorers generally. Having stability there is key I think to winning head to head games.

Not only did I draft Bulger over Brady, but I had Steven Jackson too. As Orlando Pace went down, so did my team. I will stay awy from teammates.

That was me too. Drafted SJax and Bulger (after Brady was off the board, though). Add to that Jacobs, MJD and Jennings (the last two were missing games by week 3), and I had a team of walking wounded only a few games in! To make room for healthy players I dropped Jennings and MJD (hindsight .. Bulger should have been drpped before MJD. He just wasn't lookng great by week 4).

I made some late season recovery with the likes of MBIII, Graham and Grant, but it was too little too late.

My fatal error ended up not happening, but not as a result of my own genius. I ranked Donovan MacNabb above Tom Brady and was one pick away from getting him. Poor guy in front of me stole Donovan out from under me and I was stuck taking Brady.

Having two good QBs and letting them take turns having their suckazz week while I benched the one who blew up.

Roth and Warner. :wub:

keeping Palmer at QB

and drafting duece 2nd round in keeper draft

figures kept Dominick Davis year before

Offering Brandon Marshall for Greg Olsen in my dynasty league. It was early in the season and I thought I was selling high. I dodged a huge bullet when he turned me down. Still, I finished middle of the pack. At least I'm only the second biggest idiot in my league.

After week 1 I traded B.Edwards/J.Lewis for CJ2/L.Jordan. I thought I got a steal. Everyone in the league laughed at the other owner for making a huge mistake. Need I say more! :pointstosky:

My error was watching Westbrook take a knee at the 1 yard line that cost me the Championship in a league that I've been in about 10 yrs :thumbsup:

my god that stupid mother ###### unselfish piece of ###### ###### cocksucker mother dude goddamming ###### ###### ###### sucker bastard piece of ###### god damn unselfish piece of ###### I ###### hate him and have dreams about that play late at night...

yuck!

Offering Brandon Marshall for Greg Olsen in my dynasty league. It was early in the season and I thought I was selling high. I dodged a huge bullet when he turned me down. Still, I finished middle of the pack. At least I'm only the second biggest idiot in my league.

and the guy who didn't make that trade lost in the championship... rather be a second place idiot than a 7th place genius...

just sayin'

My biggest mistake was remembering Shaun Alexander's strong performance in the 2007 playoffs and burning the #8 pick on him. I was this close to picking Westbrook...this close I say!

Travis Henry - 1.10 :headbanger: And that after spending all offseason hating him and the circumstance, not buying the hype. Yeah, allowed myself to be talked into it about a week before it mattered. blech.

Only saved my tail by trading to get Westbrook as well.

I traded Westy for Larry Johnson last year, just before Week 3. I had Westy in the past, and was concerned about his injury history late in the year. I was hoping LJ's early struggles wouldn't last, and the KC O-line would start to come around. Westy went on to be the #2 scoring RB, and LJ....well, you know the story. :ninja:

i drafted maroney and bush with my first 2 picks....(drafted 12th)

then i drafted LEE EVANS in the 4th (did you see his PRE season last year....WOW!)

i still managed to make the playoffs last year......due to the fact i drafted Favre as my backup qb.....then later in the season traded Maroney and Driver for marion barber and colston

11th pick in a 12 man league,took Brady at #11 because I knew with all his "new toys" he was going to have a great year so at #14 with Moss still there I got cold feet and thought I had to have a rb and opted for Travis Henry over Moss :lol:

I made the play-offs and put up decent points but I didnt win it all because:

1) Drafted Evans as my #1 WR. Guy killed me week in and week out! :wall:

2) Trade Deadline deal brought in Maroney for the play-off run (wk 15 match-up vs NYJ and wk 16 match-up vs MIA). But then ended up sitting him in week 15 after his poor showing vs Pit in week 14 (8 carries for 18 yards) for Edge and got knocked out. Thanks Edge a whopping 7 points vs NO. Maroney would have scored me 21 points with his 104 yard 1 TD performance vs the JETs and I would have gone on to the championship. Doh! So I made a deal for a guy and never even played him. Oh and had I made the championship Maroney would have put me over the top with his 156 yards and 1 TD (26 points). :cry:

Owch!

I made the play-offs and put up decent points but I didnt win it all because:

1) Drafted Evans as my #1 WR. Guy killed me week in and week out! :cry:

2) Trade Deadline deal brought in Maroney for the play-off run (wk 15 match-up vs NYJ and wk 16 match-up vs MIA). But then ended up sitting him in week 15 after his poor showing vs Pit in week 14 (8 carries for 18 yards) for Edge and got knocked out. Thanks Edge a whopping 7 points vs NO. Maroney would have scored me 21 points with his 104 yard 1 TD performance vs the JETs and I would have gone on to the championship. Doh! So I made a deal for a guy and never even played him. Oh and had I made the championship Maroney would have put me over the top with his 156 yards and 1 TD (26 points). :wacko:

Owch!

Your #2 is PAINFUL, man. I can declare you the thread winnner and give you the first place cup, if it helps. :wall:

I sat Braylon in Week 16 Championship game because of alleged 30 mph winds and snow flurries (identical to conditions when he laid egg in prior week). Lost 20 points in our format. Would have won had I played him.

I'd have to say Thomas Jones as a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick in all leagues was bad, but then also drafting Deuce Mac in the 4th really hurt me in one league. Luckily in that league, I made a few shrewd trades before the players I was trading for peaked.

Traded Addai, Keith & Gates for Westbrook, Jennings & Pitt's D. (This was right when Jennings came back from injury. I was also losing points with my crappy defenses at the time, and Pitt's D was pretty solid.) Our flex in this league has the option of starting RB, WR, or TE, so I drafted Winslow in the 7th round instead of a WR.

Then I traded Thomas Jones, Brian Leonard, and Patrick Crayton for Buckhalter, Derrick Mason and Eric Johnson.

PPR league. My team was flat out awful, but getting Westy, Mason, and Jennings turned my season around.