Sign in to follow this  
unckeyherb

Favre will report to camp and apply for reinstatement today..

Those two victories can keep a very sad Bears fan (and players) very warm on a cold night sitting in their home during the playoffs. I still don't understand Bears fans. These guys haven't had a memorable QB since Jim McMahon and he only gets buzz for the ghey Olivia Newton John style headband he wore and his suck-azz rapping skills. The Bears are lucky to be the 4th best team in their own division.

That is only because of realignment. If TB were still in the division they would be 5th best.

Yeah because the rest of his career doesn't count. :bandana: What a fockin tool you are :wub:

It counts, but is irrelavent as far as what one could expect to happen this year. Favre has 2 TDs and 13 INts in recent games vs. Chi. That IS relavent to what may happen in the future.

The Bears owned GB in the 80s. Does that matter today? The Bears owned the Seahawks in 2006 - does that matter to you after your one win in 2007?

The toolshed is pretty full alright - a FlaHammer is sitting there on the workbench.

Where ever Fav-re goes, there will be no ring unless Desmond Howard comes out of retirement with him. Fav-re would have no ring if not for Desmond and then no one would care about this whiny, selfish child. He is the all time NFL interception leader though, so maybe he can add to that record, maybe even in a clutch situation in the playoffs!

It counts, but is irrelavent as far as what one could expect to happen this year.

I stopped right here. Your boy Sweatmeat was purposely misleading in his posts, which is the norm for him. But that might be your MO as well, seeing as how you post of pic of Ulracher hitting Burleson from angle that doesn't show that the play indeed was a TD for the Seahawks. Nice try though!!

I stopped right here. Your boy Sweatmeat was purposely misleading in his posts, which is the norm for him. But that might be your MO as well, seeing as how you post of pic of Ulracher hitting Burleson from angle that doesn't show that the play indeed was a TD for the Seahawks. Nice try though!!

He's not my boy. I find him as irritating as trolls from other teams. His point however is that Favre has sucked goat balls against the Bears in the last few years in games that involve players that are still on each team. That is a fact.

Where ever Fav-re goes, there will be no ring unless Desmond Howard comes out of retirement with him. Fav-re would have no ring if not for Desmond and then no one would care about this whiny, selfish child. He is the all time NFL interception leader though, so maybe he can add to that record, maybe even in a clutch situation in the playoffs!

Pure ignorance. Maybe you should actually look at what Favre did in that Super Bowl. :overhead:

He's not my boy. I find him as irritating as trolls from other teams. His point however is that Favre has sucked goat balls against the Bears in the last few years in games that involve players that are still on each team. That is a fact.

He never stated in his post that he was referring to Favre's "recent" past. He only came out with that after I showed that Favre has dominated the Bears for his career. That is a fact.

what part of favres td pass to start it all off..longest one in sb history and scramble for a key td did desmond have a part in?...was he blocking on those plays?..

favre has restructured his contract to allow guys to come in as much as anyone else ever has...he offered to do so for moss but the packer staff was already trying to push him out the door...too bad, brady did the same thing and those 2 had a glorious year..that easily couldve been here..favre carrying moss around the field..shame we never got that chance..thanks, bob harlan and tt :overhead: favre carries other teammates around every chance he gets..if you owned eevry record good and bad, im sure youd get a lil overconfident and an ego, its human nature..but hes still simple brett..but we are learning that if u jerk him around, he can jab back and i like that...stick it to him brett..this is your 4th quarter comeback in the offseason..my money is on brett...

but its hard to argue when they went 13-3..tt just needs to remember the main reason he went 13-3..he wouldnt have with rodgers..people can go on about jennings and hawks all they want..though ajs been solid but not spectacular..i just bring up harrell, rodgers and others..

tt CANT let favre leave..hes smarter than that, isnt he?..im still confident that he is..

favre is wishy washy..cant make up his mind to save his life..but its been that way for 5 years..whos caught off guard by this?..but hes still a top 5 qb...

He never stated in his post that he was referring to Favre's "recent" past. He only came out with that after I showed that Favre has dominated the Bears for his career. That is a fact.

:overhead:

His quote:

I was hoping Favre would start again for the fudgepackers. Bears own his azz to the tune of 6-2 with one loss being on new year's eve when only the fudgepackers wanted to play in a meaningless game because it was their Superbowl in a miserable year

6-2 is Favre's record in the Lovie era, ergo "recent". You're wrong - admit it or accept it and move on.

Please tell me you're not an Eagles fan talking smack about BRETT FOCKING FAVRE not being "clutch" in the playoffs.

:first:

His quote:

6-2 is Favre's record in the Lovie era, ergo "recent". You're wrong - admit it or accept it and move on.

I know what he was doing. You know what he was doing. :lol: And he left out certain numbers for a reason. You want to defend it? Go right ahead. :lol:

1998 AFC Divisional Playoff Game New York Jets 34, Jacksonville Jaguars 24

1998 AFC Championship Game Denver Broncos 23, New York Jets 10

2001 AFC Wild Card Game Oakland Raiders 38, New York Jets 24

2002 AFC Wild Card Game New York Jets 41, Indianapolis Colts 0

2002 AFC Divisional Playoff Game Oakland Raiders 30, New York Jets 10

2004 AFC Wild Card Game New York Jets 20, San Diego Chargers 17 (OT)

2004 AFC Divisional Playoff Game Pittsburgh Steelers 20, New York Jets 17 (OT)

2006 AFC Wilcard Game New England Patriots 37, New York Jets 16

Yeah, 5 playoff appearances in the last 10 years is terrible.

No, but 4-12 in 2007 is........ :lol:

So is 4-12 in 2005 for that matter. :first:

Since they were 6-10 in 2003, are we to assume the Jest are above .500 every other year?

C'mon now.

No, but 4-12 in 2007 is........ :pointstosky:

So is 4-12 in 2005 for that matter. :pointstosky:

Since they were 6-10 in 2003, are we to assume the Jest are above .500 every other year?

C'mon now.

2005 they were starting their third string QB Bollinger and then Testeverde who came in from off his couch in Elmont and in 2003 they lost Pennington in the preseason.

Last year they played bad but were in some close games, but bottom line they had a poor year. How'd the Eagles look last year?

Things change quick in the NFL. The Jets made some nice pick ups this offseason and will be a playoff team this season if things break right. Like I said what part of 5 playoff appearance in the last 9 years makes them such a terrible franchise?

I guess I could always say I was a Giants and Jets fan (like some one who is a Steelers and Eagles fan :pointstosky: ) so I can double my chances for success.

He is the all time NFL interception leader though, so maybe he can add to that record, maybe even in a clutch situation in the playoffs!

He already did. Last year. :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Official NFL business ended on Friday without retired quarterback Brett Favre taking any of the necessary steps toward reinstatement.

Official NFL business ended on Friday without retired quarterback Brett Favre taking any of the necessary steps toward reinstatement.

I'm starting to get the feeling that I wasted a pick :shocking: , but if he ends up playing that will be nice value in the 17th.

I'm starting to get the feeling that I wasted a pick :shocking: , but if he ends up playing that will be nice value in the 17th.

The NFL office is open this weekend. So if Favre changes his mind....

Brett Farve owns the Lions. Wait, everyone does. Nevermind.

He already did. Last year. :huh: :overhead: :first:

thats right...picked off by the skins sean taylor..who was later tracked down by angry packer fans...TT should change his locks..

You are incorrect. Favre and Howard should both be sending checks to Reggie White's widow because that is the sole and only reason the Packers won the one Super Bowl they did in the past 40 years.

By the way, why are the Packers so concerned about letting their 38 year old quarterback play in Minnesota since most of the Packer rubes tried to kick the guy to the curb 12-18 months ago and have no interest in him now? If you are really being honest about what you think of the guy, you should be driving him to the Metrodome yourselves because he would be sabotaging the Vikings inevitable division win this year. But we all know what the answer really is.

You are incorrect. Favre and Howard should both be sending checks to Reggie White's widow because that is the sole and only reason the Packers won the one Super Bowl they did in the past 40 years.

By the way, why are the Packers so concerned about letting their 38 year old quarterback play in Minnesota since most of the Packer rubes tried to kick the guy to the curb 12-18 months ago and have no interest in him now? If you are really being honest about what you think of the guy, you should be driving him to the Metrodome yourselves because he would be sabotaging the Vikings inevitable division win this year. But we all know what the answer really is.

and who was the main reason that reggie came here?

thats right...brett favrecandoit

the reason people want favre gone is they are sick of the drama..though they know he was this way for years..why it bothers them now? no idea..

the guy wears his heart on his sleeve..no one seemed to mind that...he took the giants loss very hard...

he does more charity work them most of the nfl players..no one seemed to mind that...

all brett wanted before he eventally wraps it up is a play making wr like moss..especially since favre was going to redo his deal(like brady ended up doing)..the packers had cap room..but moss was going to come at a bargain price..

the packers said no..citing that the fans didnt want someone like moss here.. :thumbsdown: it was a cop out..a bs excuse.. at that price, there was lil risk involved..

meanwhile they have cheered for the likes of hornung..tim harris..charles martin..mossy cade..eugene robinson..nick barnett and ahman green...now all of a sudden, they are worried about a guy who smokes some weed? as if none of the current packers do...

management secretly wanted favre to have a tough trying season and wilt away in the sunset..using the fire hes had since 92, he shoved it up the packers azzes...

the current favre has even MORE fire now to prove gb wrong..thats why gb is so afraid of dealing him off..if he shows up as a visitor..he will make the packers pay dearly..TT will have a hard time making it to another contract at this rate..

UNLESS he brings favre back..

Packers | Favre won't report for start of camp Published Sun Jul 27 9:41:42 a.m. CT 2008

(KFFL) ESPN reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre and the Packers reached a compromise. According to SI.com, Favre will not show up for training camp Sunday, July 27, and the Packers' management will attempt to reach some sort of resolution to this on-going saga. Favre said general manager Ted Thompson asked Favre not to show Sunday and to give the team a couple of days to take care of the situation. "I agreed to do that," Favre said. Favre added he has spoken to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a "couple of times" in the past week with hopes he can work as an arbitrator.

2005 they were starting their third string QB Bollinger and then Testeverde who came in from off his couch in Elmont and in 2003 they lost Pennington in the preseason.

Last year they played bad but were in some close games, but bottom line they had a poor year. How'd the Eagles look last year?

Things change quick in the NFL. The Jets made some nice pick ups this offseason and will be a playoff team this season if things break right. Like I said what part of 5 playoff appearance in the last 9 years makes them such a terrible franchise?

I guess I could always say I was a Giants and Jets fan (like some one who is a Steelers and Eagles fan :lol: ) so I can double my chances for success.

The records don't lie.

Your the one who posted that nonsense, not me.

Sugar coat it however you like, but the Jest sucked azz last year.

"If things break right". Really? If your aunt had balls she'd also be your uncle.

Who are the Jets gonna beat out to make the playoffs this season? Patriots, Chargers, Browns, Jags?

I'll tell you one thing, the 8-8 Eagles looked better than 4-12. :unsure:

Packers | Favre won't report for start of camp Published Sun Jul 27 9:41:42 a.m. CT 2008

(KFFL) ESPN reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre and the Packers reached a compromise. According to SI.com, Favre will not show up for training camp Sunday, July 27, and the Packers' management will attempt to reach some sort of resolution to this on-going saga. Favre said general manager Ted Thompson asked Favre not to show Sunday and to give the team a couple of days to take care of the situation. "I agreed to do that," Favre said. Favre added he has spoken to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a "couple of times" in the past week with hopes he can work as an arbitrator.

Why the fock should the commissioner act as an arbitor in this instance, anyway.

When the 49ers and the Eagles were disputing the TO signing, didn't the commissioner bring in a 3rd party to resolve the situation?

Commissioner has no right getting involved. None at all. If Favre has a grievance, he needs to file it thru his union. The union then should take it up with the commissioner.

Sounds to me like someone, again, is seeking special treatment. :thumbsdown:

Why the fock should the commissioner act as an arbitor in this instance, anyway.

When the 49ers and the Eagles were disputing the TO signing, didn't the commissioner bring in a 3rd party to resolve the situation?

Commissioner has no right getting involved. None at all. If Favre has a grievance, he needs to file it thru his union. The union then should take it up with the commissioner.

Sounds to me like someone, again, is seeking special treatment. :thumbsdown:

this story REALLY ticks me off...I am 1 of favres stronger supporters but the commish getting in to help settle it is complete BS..I have long said that goddell is in with the bad people..said it the way he handled the patriots cheating...he is so much like stern and bettman that it is quite scary...

anything think that pete rozelle would get involved to get someone back in the league? :rolleyes: goddell is looking more and more like a joke with each passing day...love favre but a trillion $$ sports league..itll live without favre..commish CANT be getting involved...

this story REALLY ticks me off...I am 1 of favres stronger supporters but the commish getting in to help settle it is complete BS..I have long said that goddell is in with the bad people..said it the way he handled the patriots cheating...he is so much like stern and bettman that it is quite scary...

anything think that pete rozelle would get involved to get someone back in the league? :thumbsdown: goddell is looking more and more like a joke with each passing day...love favre but a trillion $$ sports league..itll live without favre..commish CANT be getting involved...

Who knows if it's Favre, his agent, his handlers, or the commissioner, but it's really becoming a very large cluster fock.

I take it with a grain of salt because the report initially came from KFFL, who have gotten things wrong in the past. Then it's passed on by ESPN, who will controversy up any story.

I guess I'll have to hear what Favre said directly before coming to any conclusions. :rolleyes:

Who knows if it's Favre, his agent, his handlers, or the commissioner, but it's really becoming a very large cluster fock.

I take it with a grain of salt because the report initially came from KFFL, who have gotten things wrong in the past. Then it's passed on by ESPN, who will controversy up any story.

I guess I'll have to hear what Favre said directly before coming to any conclusions. :thumbsdown:

The last "official" thing I heard Favre say was that he was retiring.

Even more ignorance.

Look...Howard and Reggie would have won nothing without the play of the MVP QB of their team....yeah, you know, the guy who had some damn good stats in that game and won the season MVP.

Honest of what we think of the guy? He was and is a great QB...still can play quite well...but his indecision is ridiculous. As would be letting him go to a division rival with a QB need.

and who was the main reason that reggie came here?

thats right...brett favrecandoit

the reason people want favre gone is they are sick of the drama..though they know he was this way for years..why it bothers them now? no idea..

Because the drama never got to this point with him...EVER before.

The one year it got close to the draft...and even that was not nearly as bad as this.

all brett wanted before he eventally wraps it up is a play making wr like moss..especially since favre was going to redo his deal(like brady ended up doing)..the packers had cap room..but moss was going to come at a bargain price..

the packers said no..citing that the fans didnt want someone like moss here.. :dunno: it was a cop out..a bs excuse.. at that price, there was lil risk involved..

And Moss won a ring last year right?

Ooops...

management secretly wanted favre to have a tough trying season and wilt away in the sunset..using the fire hes had since 92, he shoved it up the packers azzes...

Complete and total BS.

the current favre has even MORE fire now to prove gb wrong..thats why gb is so afraid of dealing him off..if he shows up as a visitor..he will make the packers pay dearly..TT will have a hard time making it to another contract at this rate..

UNLESS he brings favre back..

They are not afraid of dealing him off to some teams...but smartly are not going to do so with any of their major competition in the NFC.

you keep saying that about TT...yet the executive committee...and even the stockholders seem to support him over Favre...funny, I thought you had such a pulse of things up there...you just knew he would have to answer to the stock holders.

Yet every report out of GB last week was that the stockholders supported Thompson and McCarthy and Murphy...much more than they disliked how they handled it.

Simply put...you were dead wrong.

what part of favres td pass to start it all off..longest one in sb history and scramble for a key td did desmond have a part in?...was he blocking on those plays?..

favre has restructured his contract to allow guys to come in as much as anyone else ever has...he offered to do so for moss but the packer staff was already trying to push him out the door...too bad, brady did the same thing and those 2 had a glorious year.

That is a myth by the way. Perception is not reality in this case. Just like the whole 'Brady took less money' garbage.

Manning signed a 9yr 99.2million contract.

Tom Brady signed a 6yr 60million dollar contract.

They basically average the same per year which is what matters with a salary cap.

as far as 'restructuring' last year...Tom Brady didn't give up a single red cent of his money. All they did was change his base

pay for 2007 into a bonus that could be spread out a couple years. That's all.

Restructuring now gives Brady leverage later

By Len Pasquarelli

Updated: May 4, 2007

No one need pass the collection basket for New England quarterback Tom Brady, who in the wee hours of Sunday morning agreed to restructure his contract to help Patriots management carve out the salary-cap room necessary to absorb the initial $9.75 million charge for wide receiver Randy Moss.

It was, of course, a selfless gesture by one of the NFL's classiest performers.

But while Brady was universally lauded, and justifiably so, people should know this: The reworking of the contract didn't cost Brady anything at the pay window. He still will earn the $6 million that is due him in 2007. Not a penny less.

The money will just be distributed differently, that's all. Instead of having a base salary of $6 million for this year, Brady received a signing bonus of $5.28 million and had his base salary reduced to $720,000. Do the math, and unless your calculator is defective, that still adds up to $6 million.

Fact is, the maneuver actually netted Brady an additional $2.7 million over the course of his current contract, because as a part of the restructuring, the Patriots raised his scheduled base salary for the 2009 season from $2.3 million to $5.0 million.

Pure ignorance. Maybe you should actually look at what Favre did in that Super Bowl. :dunno:

yea? and he's gone 16tds 19int in the playoffs since he was last in the super bowl. so what? He and the Packers

had all those years to prove themselves a dynasty and all they could manage was 1 measly title. The Atlanta

Braves get laughed at for such choking.

yea? and he's gone 16tds 19int in the playoffs since he was last in the super bowl. so what? He and the Packers

had all those years to prove themselves a dynasty and all they could manage was 1 measly title. The Atlanta

Braves get laughed at for such choking.

1 more than plenty of other teams who have tried to get there.

That is a myth by the way. Perception is not reality in this case. Just like the whole 'Brady took less money' garbage.

Manning signed a 9yr 99.2million contract.

Tom Brady signed a 6yr 60million dollar contract.

They basically average the same per year which is what matters with a salary cap.

as far as 'restructuring' last year...Tom Brady didn't give up a single red cent of his money. All they did was change his base

pay for 2007 into a bonus that could be spread out a couple years. That's all.

Restructuring now gives Brady leverage later

By Len Pasquarelli

Updated: May 4, 2007

No one need pass the collection basket for New England quarterback Tom Brady, who in the wee hours of Sunday morning agreed to restructure his contract to help Patriots management carve out the salary-cap room necessary to absorb the initial $9.75 million charge for wide receiver Randy Moss.

It was, of course, a selfless gesture by one of the NFL's classiest performers.

But while Brady was universally lauded, and justifiably so, people should know this: The reworking of the contract didn't cost Brady anything at the pay window. He still will earn the $6 million that is due him in 2007. Not a penny less.

The money will just be distributed differently, that's all. Instead of having a base salary of $6 million for this year, Brady received a signing bonus of $5.28 million and had his base salary reduced to $720,000. Do the math, and unless your calculator is defective, that still adds up to $6 million.

Fact is, the maneuver actually netted Brady an additional $2.7 million over the course of his current contract, because as a part of the restructuring, the Patriots raised his scheduled base salary for the 2009 season from $2.3 million to $5.0 million.

whats a myth? I didnt say he gave any money back...I just said he was willing to redo his contracta bit to help bring in moss...

And Moss won a ring last year right?

Ooops...

Complete and total BS.

They are not afraid of dealing him off to some teams...but smartly are not going to do so with any of their major competition in the NFC.

you keep saying that about TT...yet the executive committee...and even the stockholders seem to support him over Favre...funny, I thought you had such a pulse of things up there...you just knew he would have to answer to the stock holders.

Yet every report out of GB last week was that the stockholders supported Thompson and McCarthy and Murphy...much more than they disliked how they handled it.

Simply put...you were dead wrong.

you dont think Moss wouldve helped?...how could you say that? maybe he doesnt lead them further..i guess knowing that favre was near the end, i thought it wouldve been great to see favre FINALLY have a game breaking wr..1 that completely assaulted records..favre wouldve had the season brady had and wouldnt have retired..tt has set this team up for rodgers since 2 years ago...i know..WHO is aaron rodgers? exactly...

i already explained why the fans are with the ownership and i was wrong..they are giddy over last years unexpected success..but being blind to the main reason why it happened..they are mainly just happy to be in the stadium..

you really think favre likes TT?...youre kidding, right?..while sherman was over the top with the way he let favre do whatever he pleased..tt has been the opposite and has long been looking at the future..a future that may or may not even include him...

why do you think TT is a lock to be past 2010?...his picks of justin harrell? abdul hodge?..the season they had 2 years ago? his inability to field a team that cant beat chicago?...the way he handled this offseason?

gb wasnt going to riot and cause a stir at the stockholders meeting..they act the role as loyal fan pretty well..but they can turn on you in a heartbeat...i refuse to turn my back on brett..i guess im in the minority...im already sickened at the thought of these same fans hopping back on the favre bandwagon..pick a side and stick with it...

its only late july and brett is technically retired..wait til the week before the regular season if brett is somewhere else..when the team flops, they will blame it on the pressure on aaron having to be the next guy...

i already admitted i was dead wrong about the fans reaction..and im sure they will be kissassy at training camp also..i will not be there until tuesday...ill report back..

i need help on a sign..that will be taken down quickly, i am sure :unsure: I just may have to clap on aarons first pick on that day..and thats it..just once..message sent.. :music_guitarred:

you dont think Moss wouldve helped?...how could you say that? maybe he doesnt lead them further..i guess knowing that favre was near the end, i thought it wouldve been great to see favre FINALLY have a game breaking wr..1 that completely assaulted records..favre wouldve had the season brady had and wouldnt have retired..tt has set this team up for rodgers since 2 years ago...i know..WHO is aaron rodgers? exactly...

I never said he would not have helped them do some things...but I don't think he would have been the difference between losing the NFC title game and winning it and the SB. I mean...the Pats were the greatest team ever...and the great Randy Moss managed 7 receptions, under 100 yards, and only 1 TD in 3 playoff games this year...and even he could not help the Pats get past the Giants.

Favre would not have had that same season Brady had...not in this offensive system...you cannot just unequivocally claim that.

i already explained why the fans are with the ownership and i was wrong..they are giddy over last years unexpected success..but being blind to the main reason why it happened..they are mainly just happy to be in the stadium..

you really think favre likes TT?...youre kidding, right?..while sherman was over the top with the way he let favre do whatever he pleased..tt has been the opposite and has long been looking at the future..a future that may or may not even include him...

Where in anything I said did I say that Favre likes TT?

why do you think TT is a lock to be past 2010?...his picks of justin harrell? abdul hodge?..the season they had 2 years ago? his inability to field a team that cant beat chicago?...the way he handled this offseason?

Yes...because those were the only 2 draft picks he made.

The season they had 2 years ago when he gutted the team to get it out of the cap hell and lack of depth at any position only to build it into a young team with building depth that went 13-3 last year?

Missing draft picks like Jennings, Rouse, Jones, Hawk? Judging Harrell and Hodge after 1 year? Hah!!!!!

gb wasnt going to riot and cause a stir at the stockholders meeting..they act the role as loyal fan pretty well..but they can turn on you in a heartbeat...i refuse to turn my back on brett..i guess im in the minority...im already sickened at the thought of these same fans hopping back on the favre bandwagon..pick a side and stick with it...

its only late july and brett is technically retired..wait til the week before the regular season if brett is somewhere else..when the team flops, they will blame it on the pressure on aaron having to be the next guy...

i already admitted i was dead wrong about the fans reaction..and im sure they will be kissassy at training camp also..i will not be there until tuesday...ill report back..

i need help on a sign..that will be taken down quickly, i am sure :unsure: I just may have to clap on aarons first pick on that day..and thats it..just once..message sent.. :music_guitarred:

the way you put it...the whole town was ready to riot and run Ted off...but it just did not happen.

I don't turn my back on him...great QB...did great things...and depending on where he ends up, I will cheer for him to do well.

However, I cannot accept how he handled his own retirement and the fits he has thrown this year. Sorry...but he has not done this correct and the team needed to move on and did.

"IF" the team flops...and I don't think it will.

And clapping for Rodgers first pick? Whats the point...did #4 never throw an INT?

The last "official" thing I heard Favre say was that he was retiring.

Point I was trying to make was the translation to print. I want to see the interview before making a judgement.

I do hear you, though. Favre jumped the gun and is at fault for this whole mess. He made it worse by putting it into the court of public opinion (the media).

I never said he would not have helped them do some things...but I don't think he would have been the difference between losing the NFC title game and winning it and the SB. I mean...the Pats were the greatest team ever...and the great Randy Moss managed 7 receptions, under 100 yards, and only 1 TD in 3 playoff games this year...and even he could not help the Pats get past the Giants.

Favre would not have had that same season Brady had...not in this offensive system...you cannot just unequivocally claim that.

Where in anything I said did I say that Favre likes TT?

Yes...because those were the only 2 draft picks he made.

The season they had 2 years ago when he gutted the team to get it out of the cap hell and lack of depth at any position only to build it into a young team with building depth that went 13-3 last year?

Missing draft picks like Jennings, Rouse, Jones, Hawk? Judging Harrell and Hodge after 1 year? Hah!!!!!

the way you put it...the whole town was ready to riot and run Ted off...but it just did not happen.

I don't turn my back on him...great QB...did great things...and depending on where he ends up, I will cheer for him to do well.

However, I cannot accept how he handled his own retirement and the fits he has thrown this year. Sorry...but he has not done this correct and the team needed to move on and did.

"IF" the team flops...and I don't think it will.

And clapping for Rodgers first pick? Whats the point...did #4 never throw an INT?

as for moss..I think a lot of that stems from just wanting to see it...i wasnt in FF last year, so it wasnt that..I guess it was the thought of seeing favre and moss ham it up..moss light up minny etc..but I admit..seeing how moss has given up in the past, he and favre couldve both shut it down in the bears game..since moss wouldnt have been guarding plaxico, it may not have helped a ton...they wouldnt have had a record breaking season..as they wouldnt have run the score up as often as NE did..nor did they cheat..but the games wouldve been different..driver moss and jennings is a scary trio..

favre has handled it poorly..but so have the packers..maybe with harlan, it wouldnt have dragged on this long..a lot of fans here have turned their backs on brett..very few players deserve special treatment..favre is one..

tt has been good with late picks but yeah, im judging harrell and hodge already and both are pretty much on their way out..itll be interesting to see how the jennings and jones types do without favre in there to throw tight passes..

my cheering for aaron isnt aimed at aaron..i like him..good guy..its for TTs and mikes ears..

in reality..heres whats likely to happen..favre accepts the backup role..aaron goes out there..sprains his vag-i-na..and brett HAS to go in...team doesnt miss a beat..team asks favre on nov 1 to start deciding what he will do next year..start early so they can have an answer by march...

gb beats seattle with 4 favre td passes and i get p1ssed wondering why i didnt wish for aaron to be in there...