Sign in to follow this  
hardball

This trade keeps getting Vetoed

I won't say which end of this deal that I am on just to keep it fair. My league keeps saying that this deal is obvious collusion and that I am dumb for not seeing it. It is a standard PPR league

Team A is trading:

Marshawn Lynch

Brandon Marshall

Todd Heap

Team B is trading:

Randy Moss

Rudi Johnson

Dallas Clark

Why is this collusion? Please tell me.

Well the league favors team A too. One of the more vocal owners posted on the site that Team B was trading Randy Moss away for nothing more than a "grab bag of goodies" and that we were obviously cheating.

I would just say to hell with the league but it is an online league at RTsports and I have already paid the fee. It only takes 4 votes to kill a trade.

This is the second such trade that they refused to allow. The first trade was with a different owner and it was:

Brandon Marshall

Dwayne Bowe

for

Andre Johnson

Darrell Jackson

Again, Johnson was too much of a stud to be given away for a couple of chumps. Obviously they do not value Marshall and are hung up on his 2 week suspension.

This league blows.

Looks like a fair swap to me.

We had 4 vote vetos last year..this year we bumped it to 6/12. Vetos can get out of hand, especially if one or two guys get disgruntled half-way through the year. Then suddenly all it takes is 2 vetos to block all trades.

I refuse to join any league that has league voting. and this is the reason why! most of or all team managers decide if a vote is right or wrong by centering around their own needs. only a commish should be able to block a trade.

I refuse to join any league that has league voting. and this is the reason why! most of or all team managers decide if a vote is right or wrong by centering around their own needs. only a commish should be able to block a trade.

The Dong Bag vocal owner probably had a deal he floated including Randy, how can team B be getting "grab bag goodies" if Marshawns ADP is 3 away from Randy.

The Dong Bag vocal owner probably had a deal he floated including Randy, how can he be getting "grab bag goodies" if Marshawns ADP is 3 away from Randy.

sorry but you have me confused :ninja:

Lesson learned: Stop playing w/ whiny little girly-men!

Will never be in favor of vetoing trades. Let boys play with their toys as they see fit.

This is not a league I would ever join. Obviously trades are only allowed it the league if the TRADE POLICE consider them to be absolutely fair. There is absolutely nothing wrong here except for your league trade censors.

If I was on EITHER side of this deal, I would quit the league pronto EVEN IF I HAD TO EAT THE LEAGUE FEE.

i would rather receive lynch/marshall end myself...rudi johnson might not even have a job anymore

i would show the morons in your league this thread. if they want equality, they shouldnt play for money or they should just charge everyone a set fee and then give everyone equally back their money at the end of the season. its the only 'fair' way to do it!

Bad league.

i would rather receive lynch/marshall end myself...rudi johnson might not even have a job anymore

I agree, I think. If (big if) I had solid RB's and could afford to lose Lynch, then I would like getting Moss, Rudi, and Clark over Marshall, Lynch, and Heap. If I was not solid at RB without Lynch, then I'd be more apt to stay with Lynch, Marshall, and Heap. I guess I'd have to know the scoring rules to say for sure as my leagues still have huge scoring advantages for RB's.

Either way, the trade should not be vetoed if both teams A and B agreed to it.

As for your second trade, I would rather have Marshall and Bowe over Johnson and Jackson in any scenario (unless you get extra points for having Texans on your roster)

How many teams in this league? Team B should cut Jackson and pick up Eddie Royal.

Without the Brandon Marshall suspension, I would favor the Lynch/Marshall side of it. Rudi is so sketchy right now that he's not a good play at all (I have him and am hoping fo the best).

The league should have a max of 3 objections. The deal is not collusion, it's a wash IMO

This is a 12 team league. Obviously the 2 teams involved cannot vote so that leaves a possible 10 teams. 7 owners so far have voted against this trade. They accuse me of buddying up trying to collude. I think it may be the other way around.

I would just flat out drop some key players after week one and see how they like that shait. :mad:

Fock those stupid azzholes. That is pure focking bullshiat to veto that trade and only demonstrates how a couple of owners in your league know absolutely nothing about FF.

This is a 12 team league. Obviously the 2 teams involved cannot vote so that leaves a possible 10 teams. 7 owners so far have voted against this trade. They accuse me of buddying up trying to collude. I think it may be the other way around.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the D-bags that voted against this trade are the ones that are colluding. This is outfockingrageous that they did this and I would do whatever I could possibly do to fock this league up if they continue on this insane path.

Send them to this forum and specifically to this thread...tell them to read what real owners are saying and if they don't understand tell them to get an account; if they already have one, let us know who the wuses are and we'll set em straight or harass them until they crawl back into the bidet they came from.

I hate morons who think they have the right to veto a trade. As long as the two teams involved in the trade are fine with it, the trade should happen. When someone veto blocks a trade they are basically saying they think it makes one of the teams better and thus decreases their chance of winning. I do think team A is getting a better deal by about 60% to 40% but they both signed off on it so it should not be blocked. This is exactly why I laugh when guys come on here saying they have a better league because it is a big money league. The more money involved in a league, the more veto crap you have to deal with because the other owners do not want anyone trading if it makes they stronger. They veto everything and I mean every trade. If they get a good trade they are fine and would not whine if they got a good deal, but if anyone else is getting the benefit of a trade they are all over it with the veto.

Can the other owners read minds? Are they time travelers from the future and thus privy to the final stats for the upcoming season? How do they know they trade is going to screw one team and make the other a champion? The season has not been played yet and Moss could go down in week 2. These clowns probably think they are in some big money league and some type of fantasy studs but they are actually worse than any guys I have ever met in a free league. The only way to solve this veto garbage is to have a commish have the power of veto and do not give the other owners a vote. Pick a commish like me, since I would allow all trades unless it was so unfair it was obviously not good for the league. By obviously unfair, I mean something like Tom Brady for Jerome Bettis or some crap like that.

IMO, the only reason that they blocked this deal is because it involves Randy Moss and they didn't think of it themselves!

Maybe getting Randy Moss gives that owner a super team, and I'm assuming that the team getting Lynch gets a nice upgrade at RB. But the other owners need to get past those points.

THE ONLY REASON TO VETO THE TRADE IS IF IT IS HORRIBLY IMBALANCED OR THE TWO OWNERS COLLUDED TO "COVERTLY MANIPULATE" THINGS!

What's so funny is that the season hasn't even started... maybe Moss goes down in Week 1 and then you're screwed w/o Lynch or vice versa. Personally I would keep offering the trade and post a message on the League website asking other owners for their reasons for vetoing it. AND move to get a 3 veto limit!

I have Moss and have also looked into trading him for an upgrade at RB and a #2 wr.

I posted before, but these clowns are basing their veto on "Last years stats" and we all know being a first round pick means nothing if you get hurt. How many first round RBs went down last year? I bet alot of morons did this exact veto crap on trades for guys that got hurt last year. You can not predict what will happen in the future for an NFL player. Stop the madness and let people trade. I would drop all my players and tell the league to Go f-ck themselves if they did this crap to me. I do not play in leagues where morons veto everything.

Yup, I agree with everyone else, trade isn't bad enough to veto. Leagues that allow owner's to vote down trades are ignorant, been there done that, so I threw that crap out of my league.

What a queer league. The owners that voted collusion on both trades are what's wrong with fantasy football.

They should be sentenced to watch Sex in the City for 48 hours straight!

All the trades looked ok to me. As a side note if you are trading for Marshall this is a big mistake I believe your first 4 games and the last 4 games of the season are against your division mates, and you need to win your division to make the playoffs or try to slip in based off of points. Now Marshall suspension for 3 games is a lot bigger deal than it looks like in most leagues. This might be where the talk of collusion is coming from? They suspect you will make the trade early and then after the division games are over reverse the trade?

I played in RTS last year and it was hard to get a trade done. They email all the league members and each gets to vote within 24 hours, if 4 say no then it does not go through. Being a cash league where most likely we are all strangers, maybe they are just failing ultra conservative?

It does not make much sense to veto the trades now before the season starts, maybe when the season starts based on records I could see it but I like to trade myself and hate that it is so limited in RTS. You have to win your division (4 teams), so those other three teams might vote against you just to spite you and then the top teams would probably vote against any team as they are on top already.

I made one trade last year and it almost got vetoed. I traded a WR for V. Young (ended up being scrub for scrub) and the deal had three owners oppose it.

My suggestions, wait till a holiday weekend ala Labor Day and try to push it through then. Or pick a weird time to accept the trade, I waited to accept it till 1230am thursday morning and take advantage of the fact that they only have 24 hours to veto it. Unfortunately it sends an email to all the owners.

I guess the big thing to take out of this is if you are going to play RTS the draft is huge. Or maybe you will end up with some cool league mates, but since it is for cash and anonymous I suspect the other owners look to over rule any trade out of spite. The big what if I lose to one of these teams because of a trade I could have shot down earlier in the season angle.

On a side note has anyone else had a similar problem with any of the other pay to play FF sites? If there is one more friendly to trades I would be interested in hearing about it?

Just to help you see what is going on here are the team rosters:

Team A

QB Drew Brees

QB Matt Leninart

RB Joseph Addai

RB Marshawn Lynch

RB Jonathan Stewart

RB Kenny Watson

RB Pierre Thomas

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Dwayne Bowe

WR Hines Ward

WR Laveranues Coles

WR Vincent Jackson

TE Todd Heap

DEF SD Chargers

Team B

QB Matt Hasselbeck

QB Jake Delhomme

RB Reggie Bush

RB Darren McFadden

RB Rudi Johnson

RB Ahman Green

WR Randy Moss

WR Marques Colston

WR Bernard Berrian

WR Bryant Johnson

WR Marty Booker

TE Benjamin Watson

TE Dallas Clark

K Neil Rackers

DEF Baltimore

It is pretty obvious that team B needs to address their RB situation with Green and Rudi possibly out of jobs. Lynch gives him a good RB to pair with Bush while not missing Moss too much by plugging in Marshall. McFadden can be used in bye weeks.

Team A is intrigued by Moss and his potential. I know this because I am team A. I don't like giving up Lynch, but hope I can count on Stewart to start. Already having Watson made taking Rudi a little easier. I hope one of those two can be serviceable to pair with Addai if Stewart doesn't pan out. But I am pretty high on Stewart or I would not have made the deal to begin with.

What really pisses me off is not that I NEED to make this deal, but the fact that I made a legitimate deal that I feel may benefit the other team more (based upon his RB situation) and the league is up in arms saying that I am putting it to someone. I shouldn't have to justify this crap to anyone. I already have depth at WR and should be okay during the first two weeks when Marshall is out. I have the best RB combo in the league and have Brees as a QB so Bowe, Ward, and Coles should get me by. I should be fine. I just don't like dickwads telling me I can't trade.

Their only argument is that Lynch was not a first round pick. Is it my fault that their dumb asses let him fall to midway through the second round? I don't trade based upon draft selection. I trade based on what my team needs.

I just got in this thing because I was bored, it was an early draft, and I wanted to practice for my real money league that has a commissiner and people I know. This thing was only 35 bucks. I am considering saying Fock this league and dropping everyone like you suggested and contacting my credit card company for a charge back due to the site not policing its leagues better, and not living up to its advertised "trading" league. The no trade leagues are cheaper.

The owners that voted collusion on both trades are GUILTY of collusion by voting against it.

They should be sentenced to not watch Sex in the City for 48 hours straight!

fixed

I just figured out that I play the guy crying most about this trade in week 2. He wants to benefit from the Marshall suspension.

I actually like your team quite. I don't think you need to make this trade at all and I wouldn't if I were you.

I really don't see why anyone would be against it, if anything it balances your two teams out even more.

If you really want to make a trade I would try to pry Colston off him for Marshall and throw in Watson for one of his scrubs, then you could argue that you were helping him out RB and making an even trade at WR. They might sign off on it then.

I dont think Moss is going to be as far ahead of every other WR as he was last year. Is this a ppr league by any chance? If so do you mind posting the first 4 rounds? I have a RTS ppr league draft coming up on Aug 31.

I just figured out that I play the guy crying most about this trade in week 2. He wants to benefit from the Marshall suspension.

So you are team A! :thumbsdown: The guy who is doing that is cheating and he is creating chaos in the league just to get a small advantage in week 2.

It is a PPR league. It was very WR heavy early. I actually had my choice of Portis and Lynch in the second. I took Lynch on a hunch.

It went like this:

Tomlinson, LaDainian

Westbrook, Brian

Peterson, Adrian

Jackson, Steven

Moss, Randy

Brady, Tom

Addai, Joseph

Manning, Peyton

Wayne, Reggie

Johnson, Larry

Gore, Frank

Owens, Terrell

Fitzgerald, Larry

Romo, Tony

Johnson, Andre

Edwards, Braylon

Barber, Marion

Lynch, Marshawn

Portis, Clinton

Colston, Marques

McGahee, Willis

Jones-Drew, Maurice

Houshmandzadeh, T.J.

Lewis, Jamal

Smith, Steve

Holt, Torry

Burress, Plaxico

Johnson, Chad

Bush, Reggie

Welker, Wes

Marshall, Brandon

Maroney, Laurence

Grant, Ryan

Harrison, Marvin

Parker, Willie

Gates, Antonio

Williams, Roy

Boldin, Anquan

Brown, Ronnie

Jacobs, Brandon

Witten, Jason

Brees, Drew

Holmes, Santonio

McFadden, Darren

Palmer, Carson

Roethlisberger, Ben

Winslow, Kellen

Jones, Thomas

I hate morons who think they have the right to veto a trade. As long as the two teams involved in the trade are fine with it, the trade should happen. When someone veto blocks a trade they are basically saying they think it makes one of the teams better and thus decreases their chance of winning. I do think team A is getting a better deal by about 60% to 40% but they both signed off on it so it should not be blocked. This is exactly why I laugh when guys come on here saying they have a better league because it is a big money league. The more money involved in a league, the more veto crap you have to deal with because the other owners do not want anyone trading if it makes they stronger. They veto everything and I mean every trade. If they get a good trade they are fine and would not whine if they got a good deal, but if anyone else is getting the benefit of a trade they are all over it with the veto.

Can the other owners read minds? Are they time travelers from the future and thus privy to the final stats for the upcoming season? How do they know they trade is going to screw one team and make the other a champion? The season has not been played yet and Moss could go down in week 2. These clowns probably think they are in some big money league and some type of fantasy studs but they are actually worse than any guys I have ever met in a free league. The only way to solve this veto garbage is to have a commish have the power of veto and do not give the other owners a vote. Pick a commish like me, since I would allow all trades unless it was so unfair it was obviously not good for the league. By obviously unfair, I mean something like Tom Brady for Jerome Bettis or some crap like that.

I agree...I used to play in a really big (I mean BIG!) money league and we just didn't have trades. it kinda sucked, but then again it put alot of the bullcrap to rest.

Hijacking the Veto thread (which was done anyway I think). Yes it was a very WR heavy draft. Mocking against it from the 8 hole (my upcoming draft position in a redraft PPR league), i would have suprised myself and taken Rd 1 Gore, Rd 2 MBIII, Rd 3 Grant, and Rd 4 Calvin Johnson. I woulda liked this result!

The answer is that you play in a league with a-holes and idiots.