Sign in to follow this  
ggroovy17

Miami RB Situation - R.Brown and R. Williams

Is this going to be a 50/50 split? Does one have more value than the other? I am trying to figure this out because Ricky Williams has looked damn good this preseason making the Dolphins much better in my opinion.

R. Brown is a good RB, don't get me wrong, but it usually takes a player a season to rehab an ACL surgery.

Is this going to be a 50/50 split? Does one have more value than the other? I am trying to figure this out because Ricky Williams has looked damn good this preseason making the Dolphins much better in my opinion.

R. Brown is a good RB, don't get me wrong, but it usually takes a player a season to rehab an ACL surgery.

People have been reluctant to buy into this but Ricky is in a perfect position to have a HUGE year.

1.) Let's not forget Ricky's ELITE natural RB skills as compared to Ronnie's just good/decent skills. Ronnie is a GOOD RB (if/when healthy) but Ricky is a GREAT RB. Ronnie may have run a 4.3 at the combine coming out but he just doesn't show home run speen on the field. Ricky does indeed have on-field home run speed. Ricky also has better vision, power and balance. Again, even if Ronnie was healthy, no coach would favor Ronnie over Ricky or even split carries among these two. Ricky is just simply a much better RB than Ronnie.

2.) Ronnie will not be 100% all year. He tore his ACL just 10 months ago and this is a guy who hasn't made it thru 16 games yet. Ronnie will deal with peripheral injuries (like hammys and groins) related to favoring that bad knee all year. Just spelling Ricky from time to time will be all you can ask from Ronnie this season.

3.) The Phins OL has a chance to be GREAT! #1 overall pick Jake Long looks like he can help this team as much as Joe Thomas helped CLE last year. Miami's OL hasn't even given up 1 sack all preseason. Jake shows nice feet and his run-blocking will be very good. Next to Jake is vet FA LG Justin Smiley. He is an above average LG who was only let out of SF last year b/c of injuries but he's healthy and playing VERY well now. Our OC is Samson Satele who started as a rookie last year and was our only bright spot from last season. At RG, Miami got an absolute steal in the 6th round in a beast named Donald Thomas who has looked awesome thus far. And at RT, we have Vernon Carey who imo, can be one of the NFL's absolute best RTs this year.

4.) Miami's improvement overall - I was reluctant to praise yet another big name guy like Parcells (ala Jimmy Johnson and Saban before him as our saviors) but I have to hand it to the Tuna. It has almost been a perfect offseason. We had maybe the best draft in the franchise's history and I love the FAs they brought in.

In the draft, we got a franchise LT (Jake Long), 2 stud 3-4 DEs (Merling and Langford), a possible future franchise QB (Henne) and a nasty starting RG (Donald Thomas). We also raped DAL for three more starters (TE Anthony Fasano and ILB Akin Ayodele for one 4th round pick and NT Jason Feguson for a 6th round pick).

In FA, we added Pennington to manage this young offense (Ginn/Hagan/young OL) and allow it to develop and added some young up-n-coming players to the defense.

This team is poised for a huge improvement.

5.) Coaching - ask any Miami fan just how bad Cam Cameron was as a HC and you'll hear nothing but horror stories. Cam made me wish Wanny or Saban were still here. Not only was Cam retarded when it came to game management but he also had a "Club Cam" atmosphere which led the team last year to being super soft. I guarantee you that a Sparano/Tuna team won't be soft.

In summary, I'll say again that this situation almost mirrors CLE last year which allowed Jamal Lewis to run for top 5 FF numbers. And I think Ricky is even more talented and definitely fresher than Jamal Lewis.

Pencil in Ricky for 1,400+ yards and 12+ TDs and comeback player of the year.

I'm not sure I agree with Ricky's Swami's assessment of Brown's pre-ACL injury talent, but I do agree with him that Ricky should come out on top with the bigger numbers this year. I potentally reached for Williams and grabbed him in the 7th in my draft and expect him to be my number 2/3 running back. With Miami's improved offensive line he could put up very solid numbers this year.

I'm not sure I agree with Ricky's Swami's assessment of Brown's pre-ACL injury talent, but I do agree with him that Ricky should come out on top with the bigger numbers this year. I potentally reached for Williams and grabbed him in the 7th in my draft and expect him to be my number 2/3 running back. With Miami's improved offensive line he could put up very solid numbers this year.

I like Ronnie a lot and admire his tough running style, good hands and nice pass protection but I'm telling you - I've watched him closely for 3 years now. As a rookie, he danced too much. In his second year, he still didn't show elite vision (tends not to run to space) and for some reason, despite 4.3 combine speed, he constantly gets caught from behind by DBs. Last year he was the whole offense and the OL was playing semi-decent for the first few games until he got hurt. But on that note, he has also been hurt every year. As a rookie, I think he had an ankle, as a sophmore, he broke his thumb, last year the ACL and in preseason already a sprained thumb.

Bottom line is that EVEN IF 100%, Ronnie isn't the elite RB that Ricky is. And it's a moot point anyway b/c Ronnie won't be even close to 100% all season this year so Sparano will do the obvious - lean big time on Ricky.

I see Ricky getting a ton of touches in the early part of the season and brown being eased back in.

At some point this season the baton will pass hands i imagine

I see Ricky getting a ton of touches in the early part of the season and brown being eased back in.

At some point this season the baton will pass hands i imagine

The baton won't be passed if Ricky is running well and the Dolphins are competitive like I think they will be with that schedule. Ricky is a Bill Parcells type of guy, and so Sporano will make sure he is a major part of the game plan.

Ricky Williams 2008 = 1100 yds, 250 receiving, 8-10 TD's (these numbers will go up if Ronnie is hurt or not productive)

Ronnie Brown 2008 = 600 yds, 150 receiving, 3-5 TD's

The best manager in my main league is completely confortable w/ RWilliams as his #2RB. The dude usually knows his stuff

Let's look at the situation under the stark light of reality...

You have a RB on a team without a solid option. That favors RW.

Brown is coming off a major injury and will not be 100% until at least half way during the season. That favors RW.

Those are the pluses.

The negatives....

RW hasn't played a full NFL season in a very long time. Contrary to most cases like this it doesn't favor him since his off time was real down time, smoking weed and getting fat, learning about his spirtuality or up in Canada where he was injured.

His only competition has been the CFFL which is barely over NCAA and he wasn't THAT impressive up there.

He is getting older fast.

When he did play in the NFL, he wasn't that impressive. He was functional and ran well, but NOT RW of old.

Miami still has O-line challenges, a questionable QB and lots of questions on offenses as a whole.

So while he may be a better option than Brown right now, compared to other RB's in the league he is still at the bottom of the pool. From a FF standpoint he is a 3rd or 4th RB option at best right now when all factors are considered.

He could outperform, he had the skills and talent, but with everything else will he realize that?? My money and drafting says no.... he will not be a top RB or even a solid 2nd. At best I see a solid 3rd from him or bye week fit in and that is this season only.

Let us not forget that Parcells is not on the field.. and even if he was, this was the man who held MBIII back for JJ and didn't utilize the best back on the team in a positive fashion. Parcells rep as a good judge of RB talent is overblown, it was Jerry and staff that drafted MBIII, not parcells and he took that talent and left it on the bench, only after Parcells left did MBIII flourish.

RW window of FF is about 8 games max, maybe less. RB won the job before, he will do so again once fully healthy.

Bottom line is that RW is not a good solution for RB more than a few games at the start of the season and has so many question marks that unless you take a gamble and he pays out, you'll be wondering why you took him. If risk is your thing or have few other options, he is attractive, but if you need solid play or have better options for your team he is not the RB for you.

Ricky is a Bill Parcells type of guy,

Bill Parcells has always said a "Parcells guy" is someone where football is very near, if not THE most important thing in their life. Ricky Williams is a guy who walked away from football to go smoke weed. Bill Parcells is also a guy where you have to earn his confidence, and I doubt that's something you can do running around in shorts. That and the fact that Bill Parcells is not the coach, I would hold off on the Ricky is a BP guy hype.

I like Ricky's upside this year, and drafted him in one of my leagues, but I would temper this a bit.

Bill Parcells has always said a "Parcells guy" is someone where football is very near, if not THE most important thing in their life. Ricky Williams is a guy who walked away from football to go smoke weed. Bill Parcells is also a guy where you have to earn his confidence, and I doubt that's something you can do running around in shorts. That and the fact that Bill Parcells is not the coach, I would hold off on the Ricky is a BP guy hype.

I like Ricky's upside this year, and drafted him in one of my leagues, but I would temper this a bit.

Yes, but he doesn't mind the troubled player or giving them a second chance, an example of this is Keyshawn Johnson.

Yes, but he doesn't mind the troubled player or giving them a second chance, an example of this is Keyshawn Johnson.

Don't confuse willingness to play and actually being on the field with FF production. Playing on the field is the first step, but having the talent and ability to produce in FF is what we are talking about here. KJ was a borderline 3rd WR for FF in Dallas, though he did play as a starter.

The question is if RW can produce solid FF numbers, not show up, be in the backfield and take handoffs, its what he can do with the ball and how he will score points for your team. The potential is there, but the likelihood of him realizing that potential is small.

Let's look at the situation under the stark light of reality...

You have a RB on a team without a solid option. That favors RW.

Brown is coming off a major injury and will not be 100% until at least half way during the season. That favors RW.

Those are the pluses.

The negatives....

RW hasn't played a full NFL season in a very long time. Contrary to most cases like this it doesn't favor him since his off time was real down time, smoking weed and getting fat, learning about his spirtuality or up in Canada where he was injured.

His only competition has been the CFFL which is barely over NCAA and he wasn't THAT impressive up there.

He is getting older fast.

When he did play in the NFL, he wasn't that impressive. He was functional and ran well, but NOT RW of old.

Miami still has O-line challenges, a questionable QB and lots of questions on offenses as a whole.

So while he may be a better option than Brown right now, compared to other RB's in the league he is still at the bottom of the pool. From a FF standpoint he is a 3rd or 4th RB option at best right now when all factors are considered.

He could outperform, he had the skills and talent, but with everything else will he realize that?? My money and drafting says no.... he will not be a top RB or even a solid 2nd. At best I see a solid 3rd from him or bye week fit in and that is this season only.

Let us not forget that Parcells is not on the field.. and even if he was, this was the man who held MBIII back for JJ and didn't utilize the best back on the team in a positive fashion. Parcells rep as a good judge of RB talent is overblown, it was Jerry and staff that drafted MBIII, not parcells and he took that talent and left it on the bench, only after Parcells left did MBIII flourish.

RW window of FF is about 8 games max, maybe less. RB won the job before, he will do so again once fully healthy.

Bottom line is that RW is not a good solution for RB more than a few games at the start of the season and has so many question marks that unless you take a gamble and he pays out, you'll be wondering why you took him. If risk is your thing or have few other options, he is attractive, but if you need solid play or have better options for your team he is not the RB for you.

1.) Ricky never got fat. If anything, his holistic/vegetarian diet got him down to about 215 lbs. Have you seen him now? He's ripped and his a$$ is bigger than Beyonce's. He's back up around 235 lbs. which was his weight when he won the rushing title.

2.) What period of time are you referring to when he wan't impressive in the NFL? Wanny ran him a record 775 carries in back to back years. He used one of those years to go for 1,800 yards and the rushing title. The following year he was decent considering the wear and tear. The OL during those years was average at best and Jay Fiedler wasn't exactly a huge passing threat.

3.) I've already written a lot about Miami's OL. If you don't know about our draft picks and vet FA addition and how well Carey will do back at RT, you better ax somebody.

4.) As mentioned above, Ricky won a rushing title with a worse OL and Jay Fiedler passing to Oronde Gadsden. Now he's got a much better OL and Pennington with a deep threat in Ted Ginn, Jr. Who's to say he can't do it again?

5.) Wanny never "won" the job from Ricky. Ricky went off to smoke weed with Lenny Kravitz and Saban was forced to draft Ronnie and give him the job. I like Ronnie but c'mon, he's no where near the talent of Ricky Williams.

You're right that Ricky's play in the CFL was short lived and unimpressive and sure, there's a huge amount of risk when you're talking about a guy as flaky as Ricky Williams but....I'm telling you he's been the best player on this team all summer and this regime has fallen in love with him. He will be the whole offense all season.

Tuna is not going to tell Sparano to take away carries from a stud like Ricky for a guy whose playing tentatively while coming off an ACL injury. Yes, Tuna blew it by passing on SJax for Julius Jones and was too loyal to Julius over MBIII but in this case, Tuna didn't draft either Ricky or Ronnie and Ricky's play vs. Ronnie's will speak for itself - it already has this preseason.

Okay, but unless you are saying that a BP guy is someone who's troubled, that doesn't make him a BP guy. Does Ricky strike you as a guy who lives and breaths football? because if not, he's not a BP guy.

Okay, but unless you are saying that a BP guy is someone who's troubled, that doesn't make him a BP guy. Does Ricky strike you as a guy who lives and breaths football? because if not, he's not a BP guy.

Take it from a Miami homer, Tuna has been gushing about Ricky all summer. :lol: :lol: :wub:

Take it from a Miami homer, Tuna has been gushing about Ricky all summer. :wub: :wub: :wub:

The Tuna isn't the only one gushing over Ricky... FFTers seem to have an unreasonable man crush on this guy.

OK...

On Ricky - A) He has played one game in 4 years for the NFL. B) He had subpar numbers in the CFL. C) It's preseason.

On Ronnie - A) He was just not "good" last year, he was great before the injury. B) He is a long younger than Ricky and needs to be the RB of the future or traded and he will need to play to get some value.

Ricky will do fine, but if you think you are getting an RB2 out of him this year, you are sadly mistaken. Ronnie can be picked up late and he will be a great value later in the year.

Book it.

1.) Ricky never got fat. If anything, his holistic/vegetarian diet got him down to about 215 lbs. Have you seen him now? He's ripped and his a$$ is bigger than Beyonce's. He's back up around 235 lbs. which was his weight when he won the rushing title.

2.) What period of time are you referring to when he wan't impressive in the NFL? Wanny ran him a record 775 carries in back to back years. He used one of those years to go for 1,800 yards and the rushing title. The following year he was decent considering the wear and tear. The OL during those years was average at best and Jay Fiedler wasn't exactly a huge passing threat.

3.) I've already written a lot about Miami's OL. If you don't know about our draft picks and vet FA addition and how well Carey will do back at RT, you better ax somebody.

4.) As mentioned above, Ricky won a rushing title with a worse OL and Jay Fiedler passing to Oronde Gadsden. Now he's got a much better OL and Pennington with a deep threat in Ted Ginn, Jr. Who's to say he can't do it again?

5.) Wanny never "won" the job from Ricky. Ricky went off to smoke weed with Lenny Kravitz and Saban was forced to draft Ronnie and give him the job. I like Ronnie but c'mon, he's no where near the talent of Ricky Williams.

You're right that Ricky's play in the CFL was short lived and unimpressive and sure, there's a huge amount of risk when you're talking about a guy as flaky as Ricky Williams but....I'm telling you he's been the best player on this team all summer and this regime has fallen in love with him. He will be the whole offense all season.

Tuna is not going to tell Sparano to take away carries from a stud like Ricky for a guy whose playing tentatively while coming off an ACL injury. Yes, Tuna blew it by passing on SJax for Julius Jones and was too loyal to Julius over MBIII but in this case, Tuna didn't draft either Ricky or Ronnie and Ricky's play vs. Ronnie's will speak for itself - it already has this preseason.

1. Fat... not blubber... but out of football shape and lazy, which was his habit.

2. 2003 - 2007 (2003 1300 yds 9 td's was his last productive season. 2004 gone. 2005 12 games 743 yds 6 tds, 2006 zlich, 2007 zilch. So that is 1 out of 4 of that last seasons he played at all and when he did play it wasn't impressive in 2005 with a 62 YPG avg. That is at the NFL level....

3. OL's take a year or two to gel... no matter who they add to it or draft. Homerism does not translate into performance.

4. He won it in 2002. Six years ago he is now 31 years old. SA won the title 3 years ago he is now out of football most likely.

5. Brown is a better RB, time will tell how he rebounds from the injury. He could very well be mediocre, but if he gets to point he was before his knee injury, he is better than RW.

Additional notes.

RW has 8 years as a pro. 3 of those were full seasons. The rest either injured our out of FB entirely. He is the classic case of talent not utilized. RW's has done diddly since 2003.... and certainly nothing to warrant the hype.

http://www.nfl.com/players/rickywilliams/p...le?id=WIL271115

But I do understand your enthusiasm for him... and your hopes. The reality is you will more than likely be let down, just like in the last 4 seasons with him. He may surprise.. he may do well. Lewis was thought to be washed up and he had a pretty good season last year, but those cases are rare, even more so with a 31 year old RB who hasn't been on the NFL field for any significant time in 4 years.

Sorry to burst your bubble... but those are the realities of the situation. Hope and Potential get you nowhere in the NFL, actual performance does. Until he actually performs, he should be considered nothing but an interesting potential pickup or handcuff for Brown owners.

Take it from a Miami homer, Tuna has been gushing about Ricky all summer. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yes, but there is a context for that gushing -the guy has been impressive running around in shorts with no contact.

With Ricky being a UFA at the end of the year, he knows he is playing for his last chance at a contract that will take care of himself and his family when football is over. Parcells and Sparano have no alligence to Brown and while I think Ronnie Brown is a great RB he has not shown that he is ready for anywhere near a full load as a starting RB. Ricky showed up to OTAs in shape and ready to compete and has said publicly that he could care less if he is 1st string or 2nd string and that he will come in when he is needed and play hard.

From the outside Ricky has done everything asked of him and has backed it up on the field. Week 1, Ricky starts and assuming he stays healthy, Ronnie Brown may not see the field all that much for at the very least the first half of the season.

Ronnie Brown went undrafted in my league last night which show you what they think. I drafted Ricky as my back #4 which shows you what I think. :(

Yes, but there is a context for that gushing -the guy has been impressive running around in shorts with no contact.

I'm guessing you haven't actually seen any of his runs in preseason?

I'm guessing you haven't actually seen any of his runs in preseason?

Again, there is a CONTEXT to this. It is the PRESEASON. There is no game planning. Players see limited action, so conditioning is not a factor. Veteran players typically don't take it seriously. We are also talking about a team that won 1 game last year, so you have a coaching staff that is undoubtedly looking to instill some confidence by virtue of these games. As I said, I do like Ricky Williams this year. But let's not get ahead of ourselves and try and be reasonable and see things for what they are. Agreed?

People have been reluctant to buy into this but Ricky is in a perfect position to have a HUGE year.

1.) Let's not forget Ricky's ELITE natural RB skills as compared to Ronnie's just good/decent skills. Ronnie is a GOOD RB (if/when healthy) but Ricky is a GREAT RB. Ronnie may have run a 4.3 at the combine coming out but he just doesn't show home run speen on the field. Ricky does indeed have on-field home run speed. Ricky also has better vision, power and balance. Again, even if Ronnie was healthy, no coach would favor Ronnie over Ricky or even split carries among these two. Ricky is just simply a much better RB than Ronnie.

2.) Ronnie will not be 100% all year. He tore his ACL just 10 months ago and this is a guy who hasn't made it thru 16 games yet. Ronnie will deal with peripheral injuries (like hammys and groins) related to favoring that bad knee all year. Just spelling Ricky from time to time will be all you can ask from Ronnie this season.

3.) The Phins OL has a chance to be GREAT! #1 overall pick Jake Long looks like he can help this team as much as Joe Thomas helped CLE last year. Miami's OL hasn't even given up 1 sack all preseason. Jake shows nice feet and his run-blocking will be very good. Next to Jake is vet FA LG Justin Smiley. He is an above average LG who was only let out of SF last year b/c of injuries but he's healthy and playing VERY well now. Our OC is Samson Satele who started as a rookie last year and was our only bright spot from last season. At RG, Miami got an absolute steal in the 6th round in a beast named Donald Thomas who has looked awesome thus far. And at RT, we have Vernon Carey who imo, can be one of the NFL's absolute best RTs this year.

4.) Miami's improvement overall - I was reluctant to praise yet another big name guy like Parcells (ala Jimmy Johnson and Saban before him as our saviors) but I have to hand it to the Tuna. It has almost been a perfect offseason. We had maybe the best draft in the franchise's history and I love the FAs they brought in.

In the draft, we got a franchise LT (Jake Long), 2 stud 3-4 DEs (Merling and Langford), a possible future franchise QB (Henne) and a nasty starting RG (Donald Thomas). We also raped DAL for three more starters (TE Anthony Fasano and ILB Akin Ayodele for one 4th round pick and NT Jason Feguson for a 6th round pick).

In FA, we added Pennington to manage this young offense (Ginn/Hagan/young OL) and allow it to develop and added some young up-n-coming players to the defense.

This team is poised for a huge improvement.

5.) Coaching - ask any Miami fan just how bad Cam Cameron was as a HC and you'll hear nothing but horror stories. Cam made me wish Wanny or Saban were still here. Not only was Cam retarded when it came to game management but he also had a "Club Cam" atmosphere which led the team last year to being super soft. I guarantee you that a Sparano/Tuna team won't be soft.

In summary, I'll say again that this situation almost mirrors CLE last year which allowed Jamal Lewis to run for top 5 FF numbers. And I think Ricky is even more talented and definitely fresher than Jamal Lewis.

Pencil in Ricky for 1,400+ yards and 12+ TDs and comeback player of the year.

Did you watch Dolphin games with a helmet on like Ricky's interviews?

Ronnie Brown was dominating the league before his injury and was the equal of what LJ was doing a couple years ago despite what you accurately labeled a poor line. I wouldnt be so quick to diminish Ronnies talent. Ronnie is more powerful than Ricky and with more speed. Is he the better runner? I dont think so. Is he infinitely inferior to Ricky? No way.

I do agree with you that an ACL injury is one you dont rush a guy back from. Any team with a back the caliber of Ricky is in good shape to do such.

Jake Long is NOT Joe Thomas. Run blocking is certainly his strength but lets see what he does vs the pass rushers this year before annointing him a Pro Bowler.

I would expect a similar split to what was done in Dallas with the two backs. Both will be viable fantasy contributors IMO.

Signed,

Ricky Williams Owner and starter for week one. :pointstosky:

Again, there is a CONTEXT to this. It is the PRESEASON. There is no game planning. Players see limited action, so conditioning is not a factor. Veteran players typically don't take it seriously. We are also talking about a team that won 1 game last year, so you have a coaching staff that is undoubtedly looking to instill some confidence by virtue of these games. As I said, I do like Ricky Williams this year. But let's not get ahead of ourselves and try and be reasonable and see things for what they are. Agreed?

Miami lost 7 games by 3 points or less last year, have a new coach, better QB, new offensive line and a weak schedule. All favorable attributes for the running game.

I'm not sure I agree with Ricky's Swami's assessment of Brown's pre-ACL injury talent, but I do agree with him that Ricky should come out on top with the bigger numbers this year. With Miami's improved offensive line he could put up very solid numbers this year.

I had this exact same thought, almost word for word when I read the OP. ;)

FWIW, I don't think there's any chance of Brown putting up good enough FF numbers to be considered a starter at any time during this season. His injury routinely takes two years to recover from, with most of the second year being mental recovery where he learns to trust his knee to work the way it's supposed to. Every interview that I've seen of RBs who have had this surgery, every one has said that the mental part of the recovery was every bit as hard, or harder, than the physical part.

That being the case, I don't see him being asked to shoulder too much of the load, unless injuries force Miami to put the load on Brown's shoulders. I foresee them working him back into the lineup slowly, building his carries as the season progresses, to the point where he becomes a change-of-pace, 3rd down, relief-type of back, eventually getting 10-15 touches a game towards the end of the year. Given that scenario, I don't see him being particularly productive this year. Next year, he'll be much closer to pre-injury form.

Unless injury or RW failing to meet expectations forces their hand, I just don't see any reason for Miami to force the issue.

Miami lost 7 games by 3 points or less last year, have a new coach, better QB, new offensive line and a weak schedule. All favorable attributes for the running game.

That has absolutly nothing to do with what I said. I was talking about their approcah to the preseason and building confidence in a team that needs it, and said nothing about not having a favorable running game.

Ronnie Brown went undrafted in my league last night which show you what they think. I drafted Ricky as my back #4 which shows you what I think. :pointstosky:

I took Ricky as my 4th RB.....1 pick after another owner took Ronnie :headbanger:

Ronnie Brown will be a good fantasy option... in 2009. Guys just don't come back from an ACL that quickly. Plus, Parcells seems to enjoy taking on the "troubled" players and turning them into studs, as mentioned previously. Furthermore, Miami will likely be breaking in Chad Henne at some point during the season, so there's no point in trying to rush Ronnie Brown back until his knee has completely healed.

I'm glad I have Ricky Williams on my roster.

I go back and forth about Ricky on an almost hourly basis. I drafted him in 2/3 of my money leagues (flex spot in both... 3rd/4th RB) and I'm trying to trade for him in the 3rd league so I guess I'm going for it.

Ronnie Brown will be a good fantasy option... in 2009. Guys just don't come back from an ACL that quickly. Plus, Parcells seems to enjoy taking on the "troubled" players and turning them into studs, as mentioned previously. Furthermore, Miami will likely be breaking in Chad Henne at some point during the season, so there's no point in trying to rush Ronnie Brown back until his knee has completely healed.

I'm glad I have Ricky Williams on my roster.

Jamal Lewis tore his ACL in 2001 then came back in 2002 and gained 1700+ yards...

For the record, in the OP, I certainly didn't mean to bash Ronnie.

As a Miami homer I'm glad Saban drafted Ronnie at 2nd overall in 2005. It could have been Cadillac or Benson. Braylon went 3rd overall but he's also torn an ACL.

I do believe Ronnie can be the future franshise RB for the Phins and I'm glad we didn't trade him for Boldin or Ocho.

But, my point was just two fold...

1.) Ronnie won't be able to do much THIS YEAR while coming off the ACL.

2.) I just have a feeling Ricky might be able to flip the switch and it will be in the same year the improved OL/offense is poised to give him an opportunity for big time success.

We'll see but no disrespect to Ronnie.

Jamal Lewis tore his ACL in 2001 then came back in 2002 and gained 1700+ yards...

Jamal Lewis didn't play a single down in the regular season in 2001 that means 2002 was a full year after his injury. Ronnie Brown played in seven games last year. Those seven games mean a world of difference.

If you are counting on Ricky or Ronnie to be a starter for your team then you might be focked. If you take Ricky as a reserve bench player then you might have something valuable. Ronnie is not 100% and Ricky has been relaxing with the weed so he is fresh.

I think if you can pair Ricky & Ronnie together then you will have a decent #2 RB because one or both of them should come through. They both seem to be good value picks also as Ronnie's stock has really dropped and Ricky has gone undrafted in several of my leagues.

Here's where they both were drafted in the leagues I'm in:

League 1 (8/10)

Ronnie - 8.03

Ricky - FA

League 2 (8/13)

Ronnie - 6.06

Ricky - 11.10

League 3 (8/15)

Ronnie - 5.03

Ricky - 13.09

League 4 (8/18)

Ricky - 10.03

Ronnie - 11.01

League 5 (8/23)

Ronnie - 10.07

Ricky - FA

League 6 (8/24)

Ronnie - 10.04

Ricky - 11.09

Hope this helps! :cheers:

At this point I'd be looking from 8-9th round on. At that point you have your starters figured out. You can take a shot at one of these 2 panning out. I'm not sold on either one, but they have to run. Pennington isn't throwing bombs to Hagan all day

It will be neat if Miami can double their win total from last year. Who cares what their rbs are doing, especially if they are playing from behind all season.

But, my point was just two fold...

1.) Ronnie won't be able to do much THIS YEAR while coming off the ACL.

2.) I just have a feeling Ricky might be able to flip the switch and it will be in the same year the improved OL/offense is poised to give him an opportunity for big time success.

We'll see but no disrespect to Ronnie.

I essentially see it the same way, with a little bit more of a wait and see attitude on Ricky, but other than that, pretty much see it this way also.

Brown was GREAT last season -- Hell he was better than LT or AD when he was healthy - If he is 100% Ricky is nothing more than fodder. Only was Ricky has serious value is if Parcells wants get Ronnie healthy and just runs Ricky into the ground this season - builds his team to compete for next season and inserts RB in 09.

What are the odds that both of these dynosaurs go down this year and we get some Jalen Parmele?

Just fishing here.

Dynasty leaguers want to know.

What I dont get is the rumor that Mia is trying to trade Brown....isnt Ricky one bong hit away from being banned for life from the NFL?

Didn't RW get injured his first play back last year?

I think the RW love is getting out of hand...at best, I think he might be a decent #3 option, but if you're banking on him to win your league? That's insane.

If RW hits 1000 yards this season, I'd be suprised...I think 500-600 with a few TDs is most likely.