Sign in to follow this  
TheBlade

Hot Off of the Presses

ESPN just reported that Rudi told them in an interview that he expects to be traded any day now, and that they've been trying to get rid of him for awhile now. :doublethumbsup:

i dont get why you just wouldnt pick up cedric benson or shaun alexander for free rather than trade something for rudi.

where could rudi end up where hed have any kind of value? houston? seattle?

I'm guessing they are praying they can get any value for him. If they don't trade him, I'd expect him to get cut Saturday. That's usually the way these things go. Put them on the trading block, everyone knows they suck, release them.

I have gotten Chris perry so easily in most of my leagues. I don't get it, since he could end up being a starting RB. Any Starting RB has value and he has some upside. I saw the Rudi situation weeks ago and I now have 3-4 solid RBs on my bench behind my two starting studs. If Perry gets a few good games in the beginning of the season I will trade him for a good WR.

P.S. I don't care where Rudi goes, his wheels are busted and he probably won't do much.

ditto taddy. Sometimes owners won't face facts until the facts are in yesterday's paper. Rudi was done last year. I got Perry after Gore, Jones, Graham, and 2 rounds after Chris Johnson.

Not gonna be easy for drafts taking place in the next week or so, but cheers to us!!!

ditto taddy. Sometimes owners won't face facts until the facts are in yesterday's paper. Rudi was done last year. I got Perry after Gore, Jones, Graham, and 2 rounds after Chris Johnson.

Not gonna be easy for drafts taking place in the next week or so, but cheers to us!!!

People knock the early drafts, but if you know what you are doing you can steal the draft.

I completely agree...I could've picked up Ray Rice and Chris Perry in the last 2 rounds if my draft was before this sunday.

Is it clear that Perry will get more carries than Kenny Watson? I only see Perry's name posted everywhere.

Is it clear that Perry will get more carries than Kenny Watson? I only see Perry's name posted everywhere.

I am wondering the same thing. I could have taken either of them and I took Watson. Perry went a couple of picks later. Without Rudi both of them will have more value than before but it would be nice to pick a late rb that is at the worst a good bye/flex option.

I am wondering the same thing. I could have taken either of them and I took Watson. Perry went a couple of picks later. Without Rudi both of them will have more value than before but it would be nice to pick a late rb that is at the worst a good bye/flex option.

Simply put, Chris Perry is probably the more talented back, which is why everyone's on his jock here. However, the fact that he can't stay healthy and that Watson had a pretty good year last year really has to give one some pause.

I took Watson. I'd have loved to have both, but Watson's a little safer, IMO.

Tim Hightower is gonna be this weeks Perry and Rice. Book it...

Explain, he isnt taking over for Edge anytime soon

Simply put, Chris Perry is probably the more talented back, which is why everyone's on his jock here. However, the fact that he can't stay healthy and that Watson had a pretty good year last year really has to give one some pause.

I took Watson. I'd have loved to have both, but Watson's a little safer, IMO.

Good post. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Perry is by far the more talented back. Really not even close IMO. That said, the guy simply has shown absolutely no ability to stay healthy. I think even if he doesn't come down with another injury any time soon, the coaching staff will go easy on him, limiting his carries...ie...RBBC. As a Palmer owner, i hope I'm proven wrong, but thats the way I see it.

A few years ago Rudi helped me win my first FF :mad: but as a recent Perry owner (as of last night) I hope they cut his slow ass. :shocking:

I just traded perry to the rudi owner in my league for roy willams, i also gave him santana moss

Santana Moss! You gave up Santana Moss' 1 huge game a year mixed in with 16 30-50 yard performances?

You'll be sorry.

He's not going to get traded. Who's going to trade for him? Houston already has old injured RB's. Seattle already spent a butt-load on Julius Jones. Denver's happy with what they've got. Tampa doesn't seem interested in bringing anyone else in.

Best case for Rudi is that he gets cut and someone signs him for cheap. No one's going to give up anything for them when they know he'll likely be released. He's got a significant cap number for this year.

Rudi is NOT old or broken down!!!!!

Same age as LT2 with less carries!!! Jacked up hamstring, that's all!!

Yeah, I know that hamstring injuries can linger and flare up, but it's not too often that one is career-ending. I'm not aware of any other serious injuries he's had, and yet people are running away from him like he has ebola. And I still can't see how Cincy can trade/release him and go with just Perry and Watson. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

People knock the early drafts, but if you know what you are doing you can steal the draft.

:thumbsup: This is exactly correct. In my early days of FF, I didn't like early drafts at all. Now, it makes no difference since I can predict things like this better than most that I draft with. Early draft = advantage to gocolts.

I just traded perry to the rudi owner in my league for roy willams, i also gave him santana moss

Nice. I got Perry in the 14th round and I may try to trade him to the Rudi owner also.

Yeah, I know that hamstring injuries can linger and flare up, but it's not too often that one is career-ending. I'm not aware of any other serious injuries he's had, and yet people are running away from him like he has ebola. And I still can't see how Cincy can trade/release him and go with just Perry and Watson. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

What you seem to be overlooking is the fact that Rudi Johnson was slow and limited before the injury, with a ceiling where he typically ran. His best asset was his work ethic. You take away the ability to do that, and what do you have? A guy struggling to make it. Say what you will, but Kenny Watson did a nice job in his absence last year, and catches the ball better, as well.

And to the poster comparing the longevity to LT's . . . please. Yes, LT has more mileage . . . but he also has more talent. There is a reason that some backs last quite a while in the NFL, and others don't. Rudi's a try-hard guy with a limited ceiling, and is now hampered by an injury and a desire to be elsewhere. There . . . is a recipe for disaster.

And to the poster comparing the longevity to LT's . . . please. Yes, LT has more mileage . . . but he also has more talent. There is a reason that some backs last quite a while in the NFL, and others don't. Rudi's a try-hard guy with a limited ceiling, and is now hampered by an injury and a desire to be elsewhere. There . . . is a recipe for disaster.

Rudi's not wasted up yet, There's a bunch of healthy, high ceiling players (Chris Perry) that are a bigger recipe for disaster.

I see Rudi as a high end #4, with upside. I don't believe all the BS, he can still play. Nothing earth shattering, but depending on where you draft him - he's worth the risk.

if Rudi gets cut on Saturday I GUARANTEE he'll land on another team fast!!! But he still won't be good...

:thumbsup: This is exactly correct. In my early days of FF, I didn't like early drafts at all. Now, it makes no difference since I can predict things like this better than most that I draft with. Early draft = advantage to gocolts.

And to the owner who picked 85 early ?

You can you predict that too ? :pointstosky:

settle down genius.

Wouldn't Arizona be a good spot for him. They are pretty much down to Edge and he is slowing fast.

if Rudi gets cut on Saturday I GUARANTEE he'll land on another team fast!!! But he still won't be good...

yeah, I think he lands with Houston after it's all said and done. Not expecting great numbers but I think he could do what Dayne did last year which was pretty decent. I know they've got Slaton there but I think they limit his carries and a 60/40 share with Rudi would getting the top end would do that. They want to run the ball so I could easily see around 200-250 carries for Rudi and about 125-150 for Slaton along with 30-40 receptions for Slaton asuming he can handle this much workload.

I think Ahman is done, BTW. Whether they get Rudi or not I dont expect to see him get too many totes, getting Rudi would only expedite that.

yeah, I think he lands with Houston after it's all said and done. Not expecting great numbers but I think he could do what Dayne did last year which was pretty decent. I know they've got Slaton there but I think they limit his carries and a 60/40 share with Rudi would getting the top end would do that. They want to run the ball so I could easily see around 200-250 carries for Rudi and about 125-150 for Slaton along with 30-40 receptions for Slaton asuming he can handle this much workload.

I think Ahman is done, BTW. Whether they get Rudi or not I dont expect to see him get too many totes, getting Rudi would only expedite that.

I'm curious as to why you think that a young and improving team would be interested in slow running back with limited skills, when they already have that at a discounted price, coupled with young, talented backs . . .

You can you predict that too ? :pointstosky:

settle down genius.

We draft early as well and I like it. Yes, the injuries happen and that can really make a mess of things but thats part of the game.If you draft the night before the season starts you can still lose someone week 1 and be right there in the same inury ridden boat as if you had drafted early, it happens.You make a decision on how to handle it and move on.

I'm curious as to why you think that a young and improving team would be interested in slow running back with limited skills, when they already have that at a discounted price, coupled with young, talented backs . . .

because the only young talented back they have is Slaton and while I like him he has to prove he can carry more than just a small part of the load. I dont think any of their other young backs are talented in the least and Ahman is well past his expiration date.

I have Chris Taylor in a dynasty league but having watched him run I dont see anything in him. If (and I admit it's a big if right now) Rudi can get his Hammy right he's a big upgrade over what they have with the exception of Slaton who I see sharing carries with him.

Of course this is all speculation, the Bengals would have to cut him first as I dont really think anyone will trade for him and then maybe it would happen.

Tonight is the night!

Rudi will be playing at 7pm EST against the Colts in the Bengals preseason finale.

Marvin Lewis has said Rudi will regain the starting role if he shows tonight that "he's a better ballplayer" than Chris.

My expectations are low, but if Rudi somehow posts a monster game Perry will see :bench: to begin the season.

What you seem to be overlooking is the fact that Rudi Johnson was slow and limited before the injury, with a ceiling where he typically ran. His best asset was his work ethic. You take away the ability to do that, and what do you have? A guy struggling to make it. Say what you will, but Kenny Watson did a nice job in his absence last year, and catches the ball better, as well.

well put, in terms of the LT comparisions. There is a reason some individuals excel above and beyond others. To look at an average individual and ask, 'why can't he be the ceo of Microsoft, Bill Gates did it!' is assinine to the extreme. Everyone is not Bill Gates, and everyone is not LT. And to compare rudy to arguably one of the greatest, if not the very greatest, is even more assinine than comparing him to say, a curtis martin, who also played a long time. As far as he being washed up or not, I think he is, but just wanted to bring focus to this point. People around here constantly compare players to great players to make points like this one, and the fact of the matter is the elite players don't abide to the rules that apply to the other 97% of the field...

You can you predict that too ? :bench:

settle down genius.

Ummm, no. I NEVER claimed to be able to predict injuries buddy. HTH.