Sign in to follow this  
nos23

bye bye rudi

Rudi did not start tonight like marvin lewis said he would. I say he will be cut on saturday. perrry scored a 5 yard td by the way

I noticed that too? I took him in an auction draft, as my last RB for $5.00, so, I am now wondering where he will end up?

If Rudi is gone, how much would Perry move up? Or would it be RBBC with Watson?

Rudi did not start tonight like marvin lewis said he would

No he did not. He only said Rudi would play tonight.

It's only the 2nd quarter. We'll have to wait and see.

well he better go off in the 2nd half because he will be gone. Plus he is running his mouth, saying they wanted him gone years ago.

he is not playing cause he is on the trade block and no way do they want to risk injury

Well, if he is a goner, who do you think will want to pick him up? I know they are just guesses, but, I can't think of any teams with a real bad need for an RB, with a week to go before the season starts??

I am loving C. Perry in my flex spot in a PPR league. :shocking:

Me too. Actually he might be on my bench. Maybe I should trade McFadden for a top WR?! :clap: :doh:

Well, if he is a goner, who do you think will want to pick him up? I know they are just guesses, but, I can't think of any teams with a real bad need for an RB, with a week to go before the season starts??

I would say there is a decent chance Houston goes after him.They dont have much in the backfield except Slaton who would still get a share of the carries. I could also see Detroit, I know Kevin Smith broke that TD last week but other than that he's had like 13 carries for 29 yards.Plus Tatum really sucks so they could use another back.

I would say there is a decent chance Houston goes after him.They dont have much in the backfield except Slaton who would still get a share of the carries. I could also see Detroit, I know Kevin Smith broke that TD last week but other than that he's had like 13 carries for 29 yards.Plus Tatum really sucks so they could use another back.

I think Kenny Watson is a savy layer here in this RBBI (running back by injury)

I could also see Detroit, I know Kevin Smith broke that TD last week but other than that he's had like 13 carries for 29 yards.Plus Tatum really sucks so they could use another back.

Would love to see Detroit take a chance, see what he's got left in him.

Marinelli keeps saying he wants to pound the rock!

I guess this is good news for me but since I am also a Palmer owner, not sure how confident one can be hitching there fantasy wagon to a couple of Bengals. :pointstosky:

I'm not sold on them releasing Rudi Johnson. Here's a proven 28 year old running back entering his prime with a history of 3 consecutive seasons of 1,300-1,400 rushing yards and 12 TD and you are going to tell me they'll just going to RELEASE him?!?!?! Did anyone realize he was hurt and the entire Bengals team was in shamble last year???

This reminds me of the whole Chad Johnson offseason i want out of here and i want to be traded saga. Look how that turned out. Teams just don't CUT a guy like this.

If he falls beyond round 8-9, TAKE HIM and :unsure: :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup: to the bank.

Would love to see Detroit take a chance, see what he's got left in him.

Marinelli keeps saying he wants to pound the rock!

PREDICTION: Rudi for Shaun McDonald , STRAIGHT up .....well , ?????

I'm not sold on them releasing Rudi Johnson. Here's a proven 28 year old running back entering his prime with a history of 3 consecutive seasons of 1,300-1,400 rushing yards and 12 TD and you are going to tell me they'll just going to RELEASE him?!?!?! Did anyone realize he was hurt and the entire Bengals team was in shamble last year???

This reminds me of the whole Chad Johnson offseason i want out of here and i want to be traded saga. Look how that turned out. Teams just don't CUT a guy like this.

If he falls beyond round 8-9, TAKE HIM and :) <_< :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup: to the bank.

I don't agree that he's entering his prime, but I do think they might hold onto him. While Perry has looked good, he's been hurt for the better part of 3 years.

Well, I wasn't really looking for another RB, but I picked Perry up in the 14th round this AM. Figured there can't be anyone left worth drafting at that point with as big an upside. If anything, Perry starts week 1 and I trade him to the Rudi owner :dunno: I wouldn't have drafted Perry at all if Rudi had played last night.

Lewis held Rudi out for one of 2 reasons

1) his hammy is still hurt

2) he wants to trade him and doesn't want to risk injury

20 yards on 9 carries can't inspire confidence in Chris Perry. Perry averaged 3.1/carry for the entire preseason and they're ready to call him the man and ditch Rudi? This has Mike Brown's genius written all over it.

I am a Perry owner in multiple leagues so I'm not being a hater, I just don't see what he's done to show that he should be the man. Clearly this is about Mike Brown saving some dough by ditching Rudi.

20 yards on 9 carries can't inspire confidence in Chris Perry. Perry averaged 3.1/carry for the entire preseason and they're ready to call him the man and ditch Rudi? This has Mike Brown's genius written all over it.

I am a Perry owner in multiple leagues so I'm not being a hater, I just don't see what he's done to show that he should be the man. Clearly this is about Mike Brown saving some dough by ditching Rudi.

As fans we put waaaay too much into a few meaningless preseason games when there is no gameplaning and NO WRS TO TAKE THE HEAT OF THE RUNNING GAME. Don't you think having CJ and TJ out on the outside will open up the running game?

Rudi looks finished. He has that S. Alexander look to his running. He seems uninterested.

Rudi is set to make 3.2 M this year. I really doubt anybody is going to make a trade to take on that much money for Rudi who would at best still be a back-up RB for weeks until he learned enough of the playbook. That's assuming he gets healthy and isn't washed up like he looked last year. He's either getting cut or staying with the Bungles. I'm guessing he's released.

I'm hoping if they're gonna cut his arse, the wait until after about 12:00 pm on Saturday to do it. Cause then I can nab Perry late and the d-bags in my league will never know the difference... :dunno:

OH MY GOD GUYS!!!

Tom Brady hasn't played all pre-season.. does this mean the Patriots are going to cut him? :dunno:

Rudi looks finished. He has that S. Alexander look to his running. He seems uninterested.

Have you seen Rudi run since he recovered from last year's hamstring injury and added the weight he lost last year? I know I haven't.

Have you seen Rudi run since he recovered from last year's hamstring injury and added the weight he lost last year? I know I haven't.

I haven't, but Marvin Lewis has and he named Perry the starter. But my comment of course was last year when he looked totally uninterested in running the football.

OH MY GOD GUYS!!!

Tom Brady hasn't played all pre-season.. does this mean the Patriots are going to cut him? :dunno:

Good point.

The two situations are identical: aging power back who can't stay healthy v. MVP QB with a phantom injury.

I haven't, but Marvin Lewis has and he named Perry the starter. But my comment of course was last year when he looked totally uninterested in running the football.

True, but when Lewis made that comment he hadn't seen Rudi practice either. I'm saddled with Rudi and Watson in my dynasty and I think I can join all Palmer/Johnson/TJ/Rudi/Perry/Watson/Henry/Utecht owners in saying "What the fock is going on in Cincy?!?!"

Just had a thought. Marvin Lewis refused to comment on whether Rudi will or will not be cut or traded, stating that it just doesn't make sense to comment one way or the other. Made sense to me at the time. But remember when Chad Johnson was doing everything in his power to get out of Cincinnati? Lewis emphatically stated that Chad was not going to be traded or released. Either there's been a change in policy, or Marv's not being straight with us.

Picking up Rudi in a late round is not a terrible idea by any stretch of the imagination. Barring a freak injury to Watson or Perry in the next couple of days, Rudi will be gone. Out of Rudi's own mouth "It's already been decided. The game is irrelevant." He expressed earlier this week that he expects to be traded "any minute now."

Not playing him was probably a wise idea. The Bengals don't need to showcase his skills and if he gets injured his trade value would be nil and the Bengals would have to pay him.

While he is not "in his prime" nor do I consider him 28 since he will be 29 next month, he is a proven NFL back, is still in game shape and will land somewhere. Given the caliber of back-up running backs going in the later rounds, either hope someone wastes an early round draft pick on Rudi, or pick him up late. It wouldn't be as dumb as taking a flier on Cedric Benson or Shaun Alexander.

I'll have a good laugh if Rudi, having gotten all this rest, comes out as the starter for the Bengals in Week 1 :unsure:

I'll have a good laugh if Rudi, having gotten all this rest, comes out as the starter for the Bengals in Week 1 :lol:

Well, it's more likely than Chris Henry being named captain. :unsure:

PREDICTION: Rudi for Shaun McDonald , STRAIGHT up .....well , ?????

not too bad a theory, actually :unsure:

not too bad a theory, actually :overhead:

I was thinking the same thing when I read it........kinda makes sense, I could see this one happening. :pointstosky: to the poster if this one happens.

I was thinking the same thing when I read it........kinda makes sense, I could see this one happening. :wub: to the poster if this one happens.

I don't...McDonald doesn't have a rap sheet.