Sign in to follow this  
FrankDaTank2

I took MBIII at #4 and was laughed at

Passed on SJAX, Addai, Brady, Moss, and Gore. There was a league vote as to the most suprising pick and numerous people picked me. Plus I was laughed at by other owners and said I was dreaming. Who else picked of MBIII and the beast he is early and is now luving it? :doublethumbsup:

Do you feel justified now? Was that thread therapeutic for you?

I have Barber as a keeper in a TD heavy league. There aren't too many better RB's in a td heavy league.

I picked him at 4 too and was called an idiot - now they're all silent and I'm 2-0. I'm on a business trip - how did the ribs hold up - is he OK after the Philly game?

Drew 11 in a 12 team league. Was hoping at the very least to get LJ. I did get LJ, but at 14. Barber fell to me.

Lovin the pick.

Not so much love for my second pick.

But I digress...

Barber saved my azz tonight!

Bump this thread at the end of the year. I'm not saying he can't...cause I love the guy, but there's a really good chance he wont avoid IR.

This is quickly becoming a cliche. Sure it could happen, but it could happen to any RB of any style at any time. :doublethumbsup:

This is quickly becoming a cliche. Sure it could happen, but it could happen to any RB of any style at any time. :doublethumbsup:

Exactly, take Bush for instance he is an elusive back that tries to avoid contact at all cost and he has just as much chance of going down as any back in the league.

This is quickly becoming a cliche. Sure it could happen, but it could happen to any RB of any style at any time. :thumbsup:

Agreed. I never understand this comment. Because the dude runs hard he's just destined to be injured. :rolleyes: I guess the RBs that don't run hard like him are injury free. Injuries happen to any player at any time regardless of their style of play. Look at Tom Brady.

Its a simple fix fellas, if you have Barber, you need to have Felix.

Lets be honest, Barber is a BEAST. But what makes him a GREAT fantasy player is the fact that Dallas is one of if not they most prolific offense in the league.

If Barber goes down and Felix gets even 60% of the work, he will at least be a band aid for those who lost him.

That said, im a Barber owner in a league with small rosters who still doesnt have Felix....thats only cause my stubborness to hang on to other talent that im hoping to move in a trade to upgrade my team before I grab my backups for top guys like Barber. Im not sure I can wait any longer, there is just too much offense in Dallas to risk losing it all on 1 play.

I had the #9 pick, was targeting Romo (6pts per TD), but was pleasantly surprised when Barber slipped to me. I'll admit I was concerned after his rib injury last week and he had me really worried after doing nothing in the 1st half tonight, but his 2nd TD gave me a 157-153 win in what was probably the most intense fantasy matchup I've ever been a part of. I was up 11 with Barber and Witten going against Romo and Folk and it was just back and forth all night, coming down to that final Dallas drive. If TO had caught that TD I would have lost.

######, I was laughed at picking him at #6. I was very confident with him at 6, I'm glad S. Jax went 5th. Everyone is like that was a little early??? WTF. Number 7 pick says "I can't believe you let Addai fall to me." SO, I beat him by 50 points this week and all he had to say was B. Marshall got lucky. lolololo who's laughing now

Took him at #5, after LT/AP/Westy/Addai.

Guy behind me just laughed, said I was dumb for passing on Jackson, and said I'd regret it. Guy two spots behind me laughed at both of us for passing on Brady, and took him.

They both angered the FF gods. I beat the Brady owner soundly last week, and this week I'm plastering the Jackson owner 155-77.

I'm loving it.

Passed on SJAX, Addai, Brady, Moss, and Gore. There was a league vote as to the most suprising pick and numerous people picked me. Plus I was laughed at by other owners and said I was dreaming. Who else picked of MBIII and the beast he is early and is now luving it? :bandana:
Ya, pretty obvious that is the point of the thread. Are you so stupid you don't get or are you just being a ######?

Ya, pretty obvious that is the point of the thread. Are you so stupid you don't get or are you just being a ######?

Frank...you're talking to yourself.

MBIII is NOT going to make 16 games this season. He's an extremely high risk getting hit 3,4,5 extra times on every run. You don't need to be an expert football analyst to understand this.

You'd think Wade Phillips/Jerry Jones/veteran teammates would pull him aside and say "hey kid, we need to start thinking about the long season ahead of us and our plans for playing in Jan.....stop being a moron and running like every run is your last. Cause one of them will be, and you'll fock us all".

MB3 is no more of an injury risk than Westy or Portis.

Barber is paying dividends for those that took him.

It really is that simple.

I saw him go as early as 3rd overall (non PPR)

and as late as 9th overall (PPR).

he was a fine pick in both spots.

wrong.

You think Westbrook stepping out of bounds after a 12 yard gain is the same as Barber lowering his shoulder into a 300lb LB for 13 yards ?

And during the "fight" for the extra yard that doesn't mean anything for the drive, he takes an extra meaningless shot from a Safety lunging at his ribs, legs, etc.

One style is FAR riskier.....sounds like you're stuck in "fantasy" world, with little grasp on real football.

wrong.

You think Westbrook stepping out of bounds after a 12 yard gain is the same as Barber lowering his shoulder into a 300lb LB for 13 yards ?

And during the "fight" for the extra yard that doesn't mean anything for the drive, he takes an extra meaningless shot from a Safety lunging at his ribs, legs, etc.

One style is FAR riskier.....sounds like you're stuck in "fantasy" world, with little grasp on real football.

Okay, we get it. He didn't fall to you in your draft and you're bitter. :dunno:

2 games -> 4 tds :wub:

wrong.

I agree with that point but I also agree it could happen to anyone. Brady started how many games in a row before someone decided to Steven Segal his knee?

MBIII is a focking beast but there are times when he'd probably be better served just going out.

300 LB Linebackers :pointstosky:
Gotta stretch the truth a bit when hammering home a great point.

300lbs sounds like it hurts a lot more than 265lbs.

wrong.

Stepping out of bounds is safer, but Marion Barber doesn't take hits because he's dumb. He's the one initiating the contact more often than not. It's far different to be hit than to hit someone and Marion dishes them out as much as he takes them. I'm not saying he's not at a greater risk of injury on plays where he takes the extra hit instead of getting out of bounds. But I do think his makeup and mentality make him less likely to get hurt than most runners in the league.

wrong.

:pointstosky: