Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

To those biotching about the "little help" bored

You know why the little help bored is "worthless" to you ? Because - if you've played FF for more than 5 minutes you'd know this - WE DON'T KNOW! There IS no "knowing" in FF. That's the POINT: NOBODY FOCKING KNOWS! The best you're going to get there is a best guess. We ALL have access to the SAME information. Most of the shiit I see posted there is simply a matter of researching and making an educated guess. Are you just too focking lazy to DO the research? Seriously, WTF do you think? Marques Colston is idly lurking on the focking bored waiting to give you the inside scoop? Honestly, WTF? If you're just looking to bounce something past someone, do you NOT Have any friends to do this with? I've been here for years seeing the same biitch time and time again every single year. How does this work in your little head? "Gee I can't make a decision, so at least I can blame it on some random internet guy?" Why play the game if that's the case. The whole point of the game is to make those decisions. Do you sit around thinking "Well, some random dude on the internets told me to start Keary Colbert over Eddie Royal because rookie WR's never do any good their first year - and if it's the internet, it MUST be right!" Speaking of the internet - There IS no "homer" insight. ALL of us can read the exact same papers that the homers are reading. - And anybody who DOES claim to have inside information is immediately discounted here anyway.

You want educated opinions, then form one of your own. Instead of "Who should I start?" :argue: Say, "I'm starting Keary Colbert over Eddie Royal because SEA's going up against a weak 2ndary and Brandon Marshall's going to start robbing catches from Royal who's facing a really tough defense this week." - Then see what kind of input you get back. But for God's sake, Man up, do some research and form your own focking opinions instead of being such a GD lazy puss.

Trade decisions? LAY OUT THE FACTS! "I'm thinking of trading LT for Forte because Chicago is a run-first team and LT's toe injury is a lot like.... and Sproles has been getting more carries and has a 4.2 ypc..." etc.

The whole POINT of the game is to make those educated guesses and see if they pay off. Why the fock would you outsource that to random internet people? - Other than the draft, there's nothing ELSE to DO in FF for 16 weeks BUT that.

Bottom line: If you get "worthless" or no replies, it's because you get what you put into it. If you lay out an educated opinion on this bored, odds are good somebody's going to have a response. If you put out stupid shiit like "Should I pick up Ahman Green?" (actual post from yesterday) without any kind of reasoning why you'd do so, it doesn't matter WHAT board you're on here; You get what you put into it.

:bandana:

nice rant and all but kind of off base.

the benefit or at least the proper way to use the help board is to get multiple opinions on a topic you are having trouble deciding on.

sometimes getting another opinion helps

this is why people see more than 1 doctor, shop around for their cars etc....

if you don't want to give your opinion then don't.. its that simple :dunno:

nice rant and all but kind of off base.

the benefit or at least the proper way to use the help board is to get multiple opinions on a topic you are having trouble deciding on.

sometimes getting another opinion helps

this is why people see more than 1 doctor, shop around for their cars etc....

if you don't want to give your opinion then don't.. its that simple :dunno:

Like I said, reading comprehension boy, the proper way to illicit an opinion is to form and educated one of your own and see what the resonses to your thinking are. :mad:

Soooo... should I start John Carlson because Seattle has no WR's? :dunno:

Like I said, reading comprehension boy, the proper way to illicit an opinion is to form and educated one of your own and see what the resonses to your thinking are. :thumbsup:

reading comprehension boy..... i disagree with you

you go on and on about how people are looking for magic inside information. its just not true, they are looking for multiple opinions.

LoL, you ###### and moan about people using up the board with worthless posts about who should I start and then you post this worthless PoS. Nice job asshat. :thumbsup:

You know why the little help bored is "worthless" to you ? Because - if you've played FF for more than 5 minutes you'd know this - WE DON'T KNOW! There IS no "knowing" in FF. That's the POINT: NOBODY FOCKING KNOWS! The best you're going to get there is a best guess. We ALL have access to the SAME information. Most of the shiit I see posted there is simply a matter of researching and making an educated guess. Are you just too focking lazy to DO the research? Seriously, WTF do you think? Marques Colston is idly lurking on the focking bored waiting to give you the inside scoop? Honestly, WTF? If you're just looking to bounce something past someone, do you NOT Have any friends to do this with? I've been here for years seeing the same biitch time and time again every single year. How does this work in your little head? "Gee I can't make a decision, so at least I can blame it on some random internet guy?" Why play the game if that's the case. The whole point of the game is to make those decisions. Do you sit around thinking "Well, some random dude on the internets told me to start Keary Colbert over Eddie Royal because rookie WR's never do any good their first year - and if it's the internet, it MUST be right!" Speaking of the internet - There IS no "homer" insight. ALL of us can read the exact same papers that the homers are reading. - And anybody who DOES claim to have inside information is immediately discounted here anyway.

You want educated opinions, then form one of your own. Instead of "Who should I start?" :dunno: Say, "I'm starting Keary Colbert over Eddie Royal because SEA's going up against a weak 2ndary and Brandon Marshall's going to start robbing catches from Royal who's facing a really tough defense this week." - Then see what kind of input you get back. But for God's sake, Man up, do some research and form your own focking opinions instead of being such a GD lazy puss.

Trade decisions? LAY OUT THE FACTS! "I'm thinking of trading LT for Forte because Chicago is a run-first team and LT's toe injury is a lot like.... and Sproles has been getting more carries and has a 4.2 ypc..." etc.

The whole POINT of the game is to make those educated guesses and see if they pay off. Why the fock would you outsource that to random internet people? - Other than the draft, there's nothing ELSE to DO in FF for 16 weeks BUT that.

Bottom line: If you get "worthless" or no replies, it's because you get what you put into it. If you lay out an educated opinion on this bored, odds are good somebody's going to have a response. If you put out stupid shiit like "Should I pick up Ahman Green?" (actual post from yesterday) without any kind of reasoning why you'd do so, it doesn't matter WHAT board you're on here; You get what you put into it.

:cheers:

Thanks for the post Wiffle! It is pretty obvious that most of these posts are from people who are to lazy to form their own opinion.

I would like to add that the people that answer these post on this board are a bigger problem than the OP.

reading comprehension boy..... i disagree with you

you go on and on about how people are looking for magic inside information. its just not true, they are looking for multiple opinions.

So do it on the correct bored. Why is that so hard to understand?

Thanks for the post Wiffle! It is pretty obvious that most of these posts are from people who are to lazy to form their own opinion.

I would like to add that the people that answer these post on this board are a bigger problem than the OP.

because like i said even if people do the research which im willing to bet most have done some research, it never hurts to have a few other opinions. Maybe there is the off chance someone will point something out that you overlooked. You wan't to win, why not cover all your bases just to be safe?

I am not condoning posting help questions on the wrong board. A Majority of this assclown's rant was about help threads in general.

I consider myself a knowledgeable fantasy player but I often suffer from being too biased towards my own players. I'm in a dynasty league and there are guys I've had on my roster for seven years. A lot of times I'll go to the help board to get opinions on some of my players without the man-love factor. Granted, the responses I get might be based on the poster's bias towards his own players but it does help give me a more level view of the situation.

I do agree that's it better to put your thinking in the post (This guy had a great game last week but he's up against a much tougher defense this week, while my other guy was hurting last week but he's back to 100% this week).

In the end, I usually don't get any responses anyway and I cry myself to sleep.

Here's a "little help" for you. Switch to decaf. :lol:

what he said :wacko:

u seriously need to get laid too :D

Gotta agree with wiff here. I've got no problem with an owner who's struggling to make a decision and wants more input about his players. However, most of the time the posters doing this offer no insight of their own. Granted, you could just skip the thread altogether. But I ain't nostradamus and I'm not entirely sure there might not be some good takes inside. The value of this board is that there are hugely varied opinions on every player, team, situation. But half the posters here, starting half the threads on any given day, are just looking for their egos to be stroked because they pulled off a great deal, or they're seeking validation from strangers because they're incapable of making they're own decisions.

Gotta agree with wiff here. I've got no problem with an owner who's struggling to make a decision and wants more input about his players. However, most of the time the posters doing this offer no insight of their own. Granted, you could just skip the thread altogether. But I ain't nostradamus :) and I'm not entirely sure there might not be some good takes inside. The value of this board is that there are hugely varied opinions on every player, team, situation. But half the posters here, starting half the threads on any given day, are just looking for their egos to be stroked because they pulled off a great deal, or they're seeking validation from strangers because they're incapable of making they're own decisions.

:overhead:

You know what I find funny. When people over there have like 10 questions about THEIR team, the League they play in, the guys they play with, and need help from others. But then add in the "WILL ANSWER YOURS". If you can't figure out your own team why in the hell would someone want you to figure out theirs? Its just too funny.

I just don't understand how people can be so clueless? 75% of the questions are dumb as hell...."who to start? TO or Roddy White? I mean if 75% of teh questions weren't that dumb I bet more people would respond to the decent questions.

And on top of it, its your team. Most people play FF because they liek to and its fun. Why not make your own choices? If a guys opinion is going to change yours, why even play?

I just don't get it.

Yep, that's a classic. "I don't know crap about FF which is why I'm asking for help, but leave a link and I'll answer yours!"

Yep, that's a classic. "I don't know crap about FF which is why I'm asking for help, but leave a link and I'll answer yours!"

:cry:

You want educated opinions, then form one of your own. Instead of "Who should I start?" ;) Say, "I'm starting Keary Colbert over Eddie Royal because SEA's going up against a weak 2ndary and Brandon Marshall's going to start robbing catches from Royal who's facing a really tough defense this week." - Then see what kind of input you get back. But for God's sake, Man up, do some research and form your own focking opinions instead of being such a GD lazy puss.

:cry:

nice post, idiot!!...Best advise- DONT EVER TAKE THIS GUYS!!

Like I said, reading comprehension boy, the proper way to illicit an opinion is to form and educated one of your own and see what the resonses to your thinking are. :mad:

Maybe they should create " A little help in spelling" board.

A little help for you. It is responses not resonses. If you are going to rant and question someone's comprehension then at least get the spelling correct.

Misguided supporting the misguided. A little help for you as well. It is board not bored.

Part of doing your "own research" is attention to detail. So tighten things up boys.

:(

A little help for you. It is responses not resonses. If you are going to rant and question someone's comprehension then at least get the spelling correct.

Misguided supporting the misguided. A little help for you as well. It is board not bored.

Part of doing your "own research" is attention to detail. So tighten things up boys.

Certain words are misspelled on purpose and all of us geeks give a knowing chuckle that we're part of a supercool, secret club :first:

FAYUHL!

Wiff and Phu you guys need to relax. Almost every post on the freakin board could be considered "team management". Not to mention all the post could be answered if the one whom posted it did his research. The point to any blog, including fantasy football is to get other opinions from other owners. As one poster said you get different opinions for different things all the time.

Please show me a single post on this website that could not be considered "team management".

I guess we could be like most others and instead of asking should I trade Player A for Player B we could post a top 10 list and see where the two players rank, or ask the value of two different players.

I am curious why this is such a sore subject anyway? I mean whats the big deal? If you hate it so much then go give a little help in the little help board.

The reason all of these tools are even available are b/c fantasy football has gotten very popular. When new people come to join fantasy football they need help learning so why not help them. I know you two learned at some point so why not return the favor to a new owner. If we do not make new owners feel welcome and help them then it will not grow.

The best way to keep owners off this board is to lower your high and mighty self and log on to the little help board every once in a while and give some help. In the time that has been spent, mine included, we all could have helped another owner.

I do not mean any disrespect to wiff or Phu but it seems that you two are the most vocal about this. There are some very serious things going on in our world right now and THIS AINT ONE OF THEM! Lets just have some fun and who cares if people post some team management topics on this board from time to time...or all the time. Most of the stuff that is on here is worthless anyway.

Whoever closed my post just curious why it was closed and this post and others are still open. I was not disrespectful and no foul language was used unlike the original post on this board.

Wiff and Phu you guys need to relax. Almost every post on the freakin board could be considered "team management". Not to mention all the post could be answered if the one whom posted it did his research. The point to any blog, including fantasy football is to get other opinions from other owners. As one poster said you get different opinions for different things all the time.

Please show me a single post on this website that could not be considered "team management".

I guess we could be like most others and instead of asking should I trade Player A for Player B we could post a top 10 list and see where the two players rank, or ask the value of two different players.

I am curious why this is such a sore subject anyway? I mean whats the big deal? If you hate it so much then go give a little help in the little help board.

The reason all of these tools are even available are b/c fantasy football has gotten very popular. When new people come to join fantasy football they need help learning so why not help them. I know you two learned at some point so why not return the favor to a new owner. If we do not make new owners feel welcome and help them then it will not grow.

The best way to keep owners off this board is to lower your high and mighty self and log on to the little help board every once in a while and give some help. In the time that has been spent, mine included, we all could have helped another owner.

I do not mean any disrespect to wiff or Phu but it seems that you two are the most vocal about this. There are some very serious things going on in our world right now and THIS AINT ONE OF THEM! Lets just have some fun and who cares if people post some team management topics on this board from time to time...or all the time. Most of the stuff that is on here is worthless anyway.

Whoever closed my post just curious why it was closed and this post and others are still open. I was not disrespectful and no foul language was used unlike the original post on this board.

I do go to the help bored. Usually on Saturday to help with the last minute WSIS questions. It was usually less than 5 minutes before my post was quoted with a "thanks. anyone else?" bump. It's a giant bump fest, when, in theory the bored should be self reliant. Answer other questions and you'll get answers.

I've been here since August 06 and havent posted a help bored question since probably September 06. It didn't take long for me to figure out that the answers and opinions I'm looking for are on the mange bored and instead of asking "should I start Jay Cutler or Carson Palmer?" I can read the bored and find that people are discussing both of them in several different places. I simply have to stop being a lazy fock and find it myself.

Also, I'm yet to ask a question in about 3 years now because I want to make my own decisions. I draft my team, I set my lineup, I beat myself up for losing. Take some responsibility for YOUR team. You're the one that gloats and trash talks when you win, and I'm yet to see a League Winnings check cut from anyone I've ever helped on the Help Bored, so make your own decisions and win (or lose) because of your own judgment.

As I said, there are thousands of threads here, and any player that's a hot topic will be dissected like a frog in a science lab with a mix of blind homers, skeptics, man-crushes, fair analysis, veterans, rookies, and lucky guessers. The fact is, we all get on here and discuss and debate players for the mutual benefit of everyone and we don't need specific scenarios that only help (at most) a handful of people. I've used this analogy before: If a teacher presents all the information to the class, and shows the the location of the text you're studying in your textbooks, then assigns a test and tells you it's open-book, it's quite pompous of you to then raise your hand after the test is passed out and ask the teacher to help you answer the questions specifically.

FALE!

I'm only speaking for myself here, but the last thing I want is a bunch of opinions. I have been playing FF for over 10 years. The last thing I need to do is "muddy the waters" with a bunch of "what ifs". I'll start who I want to. And I'll live and die by that.

I come here because I want as much info as I can get before I make MY decision. I also enjoy all the divisional hatred you see in Bear/Packers/Vikings, Eagles/Cowboys, and Colts/Patriot threads. I also enjoy the general taunting and sarcasm that can be found in so many posts.

But hey, that's just me. :banana:

:banana:

FAYULE

You know why the little help bored is "worthless" to you ? Because - if you've played FF for more than 5 minutes you'd know this - WE DON'T KNOW! There IS no "knowing" in FF. That's the POINT: NOBODY FOCKING KNOWS!

Speak for yourself. I focking know all and pwn all! :banana:

:rolleyes:

Fail!

:unsure:

if that is ever an exact title i will agree with you 100% and pay some guy to give you a reach around.

but as someone else already said whats the problem with getting a few other opinions on your situation especially when you might not be looking at your own players objectively. Just because you want more opinions on your own problem doesn't mean you can't give an opinion on someone elses problems.

if that is ever an exact title i will agree with you 100% and pay some guy to give you a reach around.

but as someone else already said whats the problem with getting a few other opinions on your situation especially when you might not be looking at your own players objectively. Just because you want more opinions on your own problem doesn't mean you can't give an opinion on someone elses problems.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=324739:pointstosky:

damn you :doublethumbsup: ... how much do reach arounds go for these days...