Sign in to follow this  
Kevinv86

Mbiii

I love MB don't get me wrong but the reason why i didnt draft him is because the guy has never been a starter for an entire season and with his running style you have to think the guys going to hit a wall at some point from all the carries and all the abuse his body takes. Anyone agree?

KV

I love MB don't get me wrong but the reason why i didnt draft him is because the guy has never been a starter for an entire season and with his running style you have to think the guys going to hit a wall at some point from all the carries and all the abuse his body takes. Anyone agree?

KV

no, not at all

If I was drafting today I would take MBIII #1 OVERALL.

He is on a great offense, he is a 3 down RB, he is great at the goaline, involved in the passing game, and gets better as the games go along. I really dont see any downside. MAYBE the fact that Dallas' run schedule gets tougher or the possibility that they could be resting starters come FF Super Bowl/Playoff time. But Id take those chances.

People talk about his running style being conducive to injury but I dont see it. He DELIVERS hits much more than he takes them. I cant ever really recall MBIII taking that many big hits.

Im 3-0 and in first place in total points and there is not a day that goes by that I dont think about passing on MBIII for Steven Fockin Jackson of the HORRID St Louis Lambs. :overhead:

I think MBIII finishes top 5 EASILY and likely top 2 or 3 if not #1 overall in a lot of scoring formats.

KV

Just face it, you wish you took him and you just came here for support. Misery loves company...

Anyone agree?

NO!

Bitter much?

So he's not on your team, you're mad that you didn't draft him, so now you're trying to make up reasons in your head to convince yourself that you didn't fock up.

Ridiculous.

What top 5 RB hasn't been injured?

Adrian Peterson? Yeah, he's been injured.

LT2? Yeah, he's been injured.

Brian Westbrook? Yeah, he's been injured.

Frank Gore? Yeah, he's been injured.

Reggie Bush? Yeah, he's been injured.

Clinton Portis? Yeah, he's been injured.

Marion Barber III? No, he hasn't been injured.

Yet, in your focked up little head, you are convincing yourself otherwise.

Life Lesson #1: Learn to think for yourself.

Life Lesson #2: Try and actually watch a football game or two. It will help you not make a fool of yourself, the next time you decide to post.

Life Lesson #3: Don't post here again.

I wanted him so bad that moved up in the draft 2 spots to #5 and he went second overall. I was so pissed off. I would take him #1 overall if I would have had the chance. He will not wear down.

I got a couple :lol: and :unsure: looks taking him #4 overall. You were probably that guy. You were wrong then and you're still wrong. RBs get hurt. It happens. MBIII is the only top-tier RB who hasn't been banged up this year.

You are wrong.. He will be in the top 5.... and if he gets hurt his backup is pretty good too..

Felix Jones would be ROY if MBIII wasn't there... Most of this is a product of a great offense...

Having a piece of the Dallas Offense = good news for fantasy owners...

You better hope Barber doesn't get hurt if he isn't on your team. If you think he runs hard now, just wait til he's pissed off about being banged up a little bit. I don't think an injury would matter, as he apparently just enjoys pain. He'll lead the league in TDs this year (again, as I think I've said here before) and he'll get his fair share of yardage and receptions too.

Wow awful thread, yeah let's not draft a player because he might get hurt.. How about draft him and then his backup would be the smart thing to do.

I only wish I had him in any of my leagues, or had the chance to draft him I would have taken him at #3

I take it you don't have him either.

NO!

Bitter much?

So he's not on your team, you're mad that you didn't draft him, so now you're trying to make up reasons in your head to convince yourself that you didn't fock up.

Ridiculous.

What top 5 RB hasn't been injured?

Adrian Peterson? Yeah, he's been injured.

LT2? Yeah, he's been injured.

Brian Westbrook? Yeah, he's been injured.

Frank Gore? Yeah, he's been injured.

Reggie Bush? Yeah, he's been injured.

Clinton Portis? Yeah, he's been injured.

Marion Barber III? No, he hasn't been injured.

Yet, in your focked up little head, you are convincing yourself otherwise.

Life Lesson #1: Learn to think for yourself.

Life Lesson #2: Try and actually watch a football game or two. It will help you not make a fool of yourself, the next time you decide to post.

Life Lesson #3: Don't post here again.

I take it you don't have him either.

Do you know how to read?

I own him in 2 of my 4 leagues.

And if you are familiar with this site at all, you would know that I've been pimping this guy for years.

Marion Barber and Brian Westbrook are my 2 keepers in my big money league, and he's also a keeper in the other.

So yeah, I'm a very happy Marion Barber owner.

KV

:blink:

Do you know how to read?

And if you are familiar with this site at all, you would know that I've been pimping this guy for years.

Marion Barber and Brian Westbrook are my 2 keepers in my big money league, and he's also a keeper in the other.

You know, despite everything guess who I drafted 8th overall this year? Oh yeah

Hypocrisy be damned, he's no Troy Hambrick. Foot in mouth...actually both feet.

KV

Way to out think yourself!

I agree that he might miss a few weeks this season because he is such a physical runner, kinda like Jacobs which makes me believe a injury could be in the near future, but of course you can say that about any RB. I myself picked up Felix, and will keep him on my roster, because there might be a few weeks I could use him.

Congrats, he is a beast. Yes, I know how to read. And not one place in your original post did you say you had him.

Do you know how to read?

Guest BernardPollardFan
You better hope Barber doesn't get hurt if he isn't on your team. If you think he runs hard now, just wait til he's pissed off about being banged up a little bit. I don't think an injury would matter, as he apparently just enjoys pain. He'll lead the league in TDs this year (again, as I think I've said here before) and he'll get his fair share of yardage and receptions too.

Why would one hope for someone NOT on their team to NOT get hurt?

Why would one hope for someone NOT on their team to NOT get hurt?

I was implying that he enjoys pain based on the way he runs, so an injury would only fuel him to be more productive.

Do you know how to read?

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 74072

:lol: At how you think folks even know who you are, let alone, know your FF rosters.

FF Geek

:lol: At how you think folks even know who you are, let alone, know your FF rosters.

I can vouch for him being a huge MBIII backer for the past year. He stated in several posts last season that he was a lock for top 5 this year.

Not that anybody knows who I am or that my vouching means anything, but you know

I can vouch for him being a huge MBIII backer for the past year. He stated in several posts last season that he was a lock for top 5 this year.

Not that anybody knows who I am or that my vouching means anything, but you know

Thank you.

KV

Aaaaaaaaaaaaw, someone in your league that you don't like has him on their roster eh? GFY!!

KV

Watching the Green Bay game as he ran through and over their D and the camera focused tight on him late in the fourth quarter he didn't even look one bit winded, he wasn't even breaking a sweat. I was wondering the same thing myself up to that point. Besides the stains all over his uniform you wouldn't even have known he had more than a couple of carries. It eased all my concerns. :D

He's an absolute animal no questions about it. I am so happy I got him at #6 in my main league. In our scoring system he has put up at least 22 points all three weeks of the season.

FF Geek

Ok, so he's been pimping MBIII for year. :music_guitarred:

got him at #6 overall in redraft after passing on steven jackson and lovin every moment of football so far...

hes in high power offense and getting all the carries + his running style = to monster

Guest BernardPollardFan
FF Geek

:music_guitarred: This is your best post ever.

I own Lynch & Gore, and all I can say is that I would kill to upgrade either of them to MBIII, no way I can make a deal to get that done though...as my WR depth after Marshall is under performing right now (Cotch, Holmes), so I can't realistically do a RB/WR in exchange for MBIII since no way I'm trading Marshall. I can't see how MBIII isn't top 2 this year. As far as the running style, it probably won't catch up to him until a couple years from now; he just seems to be that tough & immune to serious injury.

I was implying that he enjoys pain based on the way he runs, so an injury would only fuel him to be more productive.

I am with you that MBIII will be a top back this year, but a statement like this is just ridiculous. An injury would make him more productive??? Nice try

Guest BernardPollardFan
I am with you that MBIII will be a top back this year, but a statement like this is just ridiculous. An injury would make him more productive??? Nice try

thank you

KV

Hmmmm. Interesting. I've never heard these causes for concern about young Marion before. I tend to disagree with you. I think he's pretty good. I'm glad I have him. :headbanger:

I'm wondering who you passed on him for. I'm guessing Tom Brady. That makes me lol. :headbanger:

it just cracked me up that the generally well read members of my office league left Barber for me at #9. Guess they read the same article that said that if he plays, there is a chance he could get hurt. :dunno:

it just cracked me up that the generally well read members of my office league left Barber for me at #9. Guess they read the same article that said that if he plays, there is a chance he could get hurt. :bandana:

I'm so tired of hearing this. Guys were laying off of him in drafts, and are actually still cracking on Barber for his running style saying it's bound to happen that he's going to get hurt. They're hoping so bad that he does get hurt so they feel they can be justified. Meanwhile, they have guys like LT, Westbrook, Peterson, SJax, Addai.......you know, guys who've either already been hurt, just got hurt, or have generally sucked. But they still keep saying Barber's bound to get hurt. Do they realize how stupid they sound yet?

I've got MB3, and I have Felix handcuffed to him. I'm not sure there's a single OL I'd rather have my guy running behind.