Sign in to follow this  
Kingstowne Dealers

Deangelo Williams

I have both D Williams and J Stewart, I started Williams this week over Buckhalter and it cost me the game. Is Williams totally worthless now? He's not doing much with the carries he's getting and Stewart is the goaline back.

Even though he's the starter, I just don't see myself starting him in any circumstance. :thumbsup: Not even as a flex. :angry:

I have both D Williams and J Stewart, I started Williams this week over Buckhalter and it cost me the game. Is Williams totally worthless now? He's not doing much with the carries he's getting and Stewart is the goaline back.

Even though he's the starter, I just don't see myself starting him in any circumstance. :thumbsup: Not even as a flex. :angry:

I dropped him already. Didn't do anything against Atlanta even.

Is Williams totally worthless now?

-Week 4-

Williams: 16 carries for 57 yards and 2 receptions for 9 yards

Stewart: 14 carries for 52 yards and 0 receptions (1 rushing TD)

I dropped him for a defense this past week.

Though it only leaves me with 3 RBs (MBIII, Lynch, Slaton) there's no way I'd start him unless there was an injury. In which case I'm screwed anyway.

I just don't see him consistently producing.

He should be on a roster at the very least. He's a decent player to plug in if you have no one else, since he'll get carries.

And there's always a chance for injury, and then his stock would go up

He'll get you 50 yards and no TD's. If that's something you want on your roster, I guess you could keep him. I own him, but its really just to back up Stewart who I've started the last 2 weeks.

-Week 4-

Williams: 16 carries for 57 yards and 2 receptions for 9 yards

Stewart: 14 carries for 52 yards and 0 receptions (1 rushing TD)

I guess I don't know what you are implying here. The question was "is he worthless". Are you saying 66 yards isn't worthless since he got more yards then stewart. Or are you saying he doesn't get TDs and only got 66 yards against one of the worst rush D's in the league so yes he is worthless.

My view is he should be on a roster. If bye weeks/injury strike he does gets carry's. But under normal circumstances there is no way he should start unless Stewart goes down.

Unfortunately if you have one, you must have the other. I think he should not be on waivers, somebody could get a starter for cheap because they have droppable players on their bench.

I started McClain instead of Deangelo thinking McGahee wouldn't get many touches at all. Jeez do I feel stupid!!! :bandana:

I started McClain instead of Deangelo thinking McGahee wouldn't get many touches at all. Jeez do I feel stupid!!! :doublethumbsup:

OUCH!!!!

He is on my bench today too :doublethumbsup: I picked up Deuce and plugged him as Jackson was on bye.

OUCH!!!!

I really thought Stewart was gonna take over against KC, not Deangelo.

I really thought Stewart was gonna take over against KC, not Deangelo.

I am pretty shocked myself. Stewart seemed like he was entrenching himself as the RB in Carolina. This game will prolly set that back a while now. I don't own either of these guys in a league either.

My team sucks so bad that I started him today. :doublethumbsup: :thumbsdown:

I was also forced to start him today because my only another realistic option was Maroney.

I have Deangelo in 3 of the 5 money leagues I am in. I could never bring myself to drop him and not just because Stewart is an injury waiting to happen. If you look back at Williams' first two seasons, he really played pretty well especially at the end of last season.

I have Deangelo in 3 of the 5 money leagues I am in. I could never bring myself to drop him and not just because Stewart is an injury waiting to happen. If you look back at Williams' first two seasons, he really played pretty well especially at the end of last season.

Yeah, they just never gave him enough of a chance.

His 7+ YPC this preseason also convinced me to draft him in 2 of 4 leagues..

I have Stewart and McFadden. You'd think I'd have Williams and Fargas? No, McClain and Rudi Johnson seemed like a better idea to me. Foolish. Hopefully I can get them back. But even so, I would have started Stewart today, which I did, hopefully he can still get a garbage time TD.

My other starting RB? ----> LJ. Gee, I hope he makes it to 10 yards today.

I started Chris Johnson over him...

What are you gonna do..

:pointstosky:

Prob cost me a win, oh well..

Well, I had him.....and dropped him. I actually drafted him as my #4 RB in a start 2 RB redraft league.

I dropped him before week 3, during waivers, for Fred Jackson since I had Lynch. Well traded Lynch and Ocho Cinco today for Randy Moss and Reggie Bush. Maybe I'll try to get Williams back. No one even tried to get him these last 2 weeks he has been on waivers. I bet he goes with one of the first waiver picks this week. I might not get him since I will probably be somewhere in the 9-12th pick on waivers this week. There is a guy still carrying Mendenhall. My Gawd! Then again, there was a reason I dropped Williams. .......

DeFUCKINGLo steps to the plate for the mighty LOD and DOMINATES!!!!

Thanks also goes out to Gore, Eli and AJ for stepping up their games.

I have a feeling though.

Every now and then the past few years, he would have a good game...giving you hope they would finally use him some more.

THen it would be back to Foster and Williams owners would be pissed.

Is it going to keep happening with Stewart too?

He'll get you 50 yards and no TD's. If that's something you want on your roster, I guess you could keep him. I own him, but its really just to back up Stewart who I've started the last 2 weeks.

Deangelo was in my lineup this week :thumbsdown:

I picked him up last week after another owner (winless on the season) cut him for Lance Moore. I didn't start him this weekend, but I plan to hold onto him and see how this plays out.

I think trade value is limited as people won't pay until he proves that he is not a 1 week wonder. He has some decent match ups in the next several weeks... just don't know if he will get the workload to be productive or not.

I started Chris Johnson over him...

What are you gonna do..

:dunno:

Prob cost me a win, oh well..

Same here. But given how the year has gone so far, even considering the matchups, that was the only way to go.

Is Stewart going to continue to get 50% of carries and all GL looks?

SDeAngelo had a great day - most due to fluke not a sign of greatness. He likley gets less than 10 points next week.

If you own DA ya gotta sell.