Sign in to follow this  
josh wiley

message to andre johnson

it's time for u to take a look in the mirror and remind yourself who u are. forget the fantasy stuff, u are the cog that makes this team work. if your teammates come to this site, then make sure to tell aj that he is one of the most important parts and that the houston texans will go as far as he takes them. oh and by the way, your increased production would make a lot of people that come to this site satisfied also. seriously though, u have way too much ability to be allowing some of these cornerbacks or schemes to be taking u out of the game entirely. personally i know u will start to perform like yourself, but i just hope it will be sooner rather than later.

it's time for u to take a look in the mirror and remind yourself who u are. forget the fantasy stuff, u are the cog that makes this team work. if your teammates come to this site, then make sure to tell aj that he is one of the most important parts and that the houston texans will go as far as he takes them. oh and by the way, your increased production would make a lot of people that come to this site satisfied also. seriously though, u have way too much ability to be allowing some of these cornerbacks or schemes to be taking u out of the game entirely. personally i know u will start to perform like yourself, but i just hope it will be sooner rather than later.

Message to Andre Johnson: Keep taking 2 defenders away from the other teams defense and keep on not getting open. As an owner of Owen Daniels in one league and Kevin Walter in another, I like the way they are getting all the balls that you are supposed to get. Keep it up Andre. :unsure:

You must of watched a different Johnson in years past .... because this one named Andre is playing exactly like HIMSELF.

I'm seriously confused why this guy is so damn hyped year in year out when he hasn't done ###### to warrant it ....

Year, Catches, Yards, TDs

2003 - 66 / 976 / 4

2004 - 79 / 1142 / 6

2005 - 63 / 688 / 2

2006 - 103 / 1047 / 5

2007 - 60 / 851 / 8

AVG - 70 / 900 / 5

2008 - 15 / 179 / 0

Projected - 65/775/4

That's seems to be about right to me, yards might be a little low but only about 13 pts in most leagues (less than 1 a week).

Maybe someone else see's something in this guy and his offense that I don't :huh:

Aww, you really seem to care. Let's hug it out :huh:

You must of watched a different Johnson in years past .... because this one named Andre is playing exactly like HIMSELF.

I'm seriously confused why this guy is so damn hyped year in year out when he hasn't done ###### to warrant it ....

2003 - 66 / 976 / 4

2004 - 79 / 1142 / 6

2005 - 63 / 688 / 2

2006 - 103 / 1047 / 5

2007 - 60 / 851 / 8

AVG - 70 / 900 / 5

2008 - 15 / 179 / 0

Projected - 65/775/4

That's seems to be about right to me, yards might be a little low but only about 13 pts in most leagues (less than 1 a week).

Maybe someone else see's something in this guy and his offense that I don't :huh:

hmm....you make a very interesting case here....

Andre needs to step it up now. He has four home games the next four weeks and he needs to start scoring TDs. Right now he is a huge bust and has killed many teams the past few weeks,

2003 - 66 / 976 / 4

2004 - 79 / 1142 / 6

2005 - 63 / 688 / 2

2006 - 103 / 1047 / 5

2007 - 60 / 851 / 8

AVG - 70 / 900 / 5

2008 - 15 / 179 / 0

Projected - 65/775/4

Maybe someone else see's something in this guy and his offense that I don't :doh:

Those stats are a little misleading taken as whole b/c in 2006 he had over 100 catches with David Carr as QB. Yes, David Carr. That is amazing. Also, last year, he had 850 yards and 8 TD's in only 9 games. Projected out over a full season, that is 1,500 yards and 14 TDs. I know he missed time b/c he was injured but before last year, he had only missed 3 games in 4 full years. So, people thought that if he stayed healthy with a decent QB, he would put up huge numbers.

This isn't just about football, this is a human being we're talking about. I can't imagine how horrible his life is right now. Imagine having to masterbate with stone hands.

We should have a telethon or something for the guy. :unsure:

Imagine having to masterbate with stone hands.

Roberto Duran was not only able to pleasure himself with hands of stone for years.. but win many, many championship bouts with the condition. Maybe Andre should pull a Too Tall Jones and try punching people for a living. He would have a killer reach advantage.. Dunno about his chin though.

:)

Message from Andre Johnson: ###### You! You try and perform weekly for a loser franchise that for 5 years thought David Carr was an NFL QB. The decisions this team makes are headscratchers. 1 good, 2 bad.

I'm starting him this week. :blink:

Why people thought of him as a top 5 and even 3 WR this year is beyond me. I stressed it all offseason. He has never had a stud year, yet his avg. from last year got everyone happy in the pants.

I never understood it.

2003 - 66 / 976 / 4

2004 - 79 / 1142 / 6

2005 - 63 / 688 / 2

2006 - 103 / 1047 / 5

2007 - 60 / 851 / 8

AVG - 70 / 900 / 5

2008 - 15 / 179 / 0

Projected - 65/775/4

Maybe someone else see's something in this guy and his offense that I don't :blink:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

My GOD!

Why was he so hyped, I don't get it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

My GOD!

Why was he so hyped, I don't get it.

The reason he was so hyped is simple - He had David Carr throwing him the ball until last year. Look at what Carr did to Steve Smith's #'s last year after Delhomme went down. The first year AJ had a qb that wasn't horrid, he put up very good #'s. - with both Schaub and Rosenfels. So expecting similar #'s per game this year was not exactly an insane idea. They've only played 3 games - if anything I think he's a buy low candidate.

The reason he was so hyped is simple - He had David Carr throwing him the ball until last year. Look at what Carr did to Steve Smith's #'s last year after Delhomme went down. The first year AJ had a qb that wasn't horrid, he put up very good #'s. - with both Schaub and Rosenfels. So expecting similar #'s per game this year was not exactly an insane idea. They've only played 3 games - if anything I think he's a buy low candidate.

Not sure what a bad QB or a good QB has anything to do with that fact he drops passes ....

Anyway, he's a WR2, always has been always will, but seems to go in 2nd rounds every year.

Not sure what a bad QB or a good QB has anything to do with that fact he drops passes ....

Anyway, he's a WR2, always has been always will, but seems to go in 2nd rounds every year.

It's obvious you don't like Andre Johnson as every thread that mentions his name you repeat how bad he is and how overrated he is. If you look back at his target/rec ratio, it's avg'd over 70% the last three years (as far back as they have it on my ff site). So far this year he is at 52%. Week 1 he caught 10/12 for 83%, week 3 he was 2/12 for 17% and week 4 he was 3/5 for 60%. So if he all of a sudden forgot how to catch a ball and the coaching staff decides to only target him 5 times a game for the rest of the year, then yes, he will continue to suck and be overrated. Otherwise, he's a buy low candidate likely to turn it around.

Now if you want to make the case that someone like Braylon Edwards with a career 52% target/rec ratio is a bust because he drops balls, the data is there to back it up.

I get that. But for people to put him as a top 5 and even 3 WR because of this was irrational. Your reasoning above isn't/wasn't enough for me to count on him as a stud WR.

It's obvious you don't like Andre Johnson as every thread that mentions his name you repeat how bad he is and how overrated he is. If you look back at his target/rec ratio, it's avg'd over 70% the last three years (as far back as they have it on my ff site). So far this year he is at 52%. Week 1 he caught 10/12 for 83%, week 3 he was 2/12 for 17% and week 4 he was 3/5 for 60%. So if he all of a sudden forgot how to catch a ball and the coaching staff decides to only target him 5 times a game for the rest of the year, then yes, he will continue to suck and be overrated. Otherwise, he's a buy low candidate likely to turn it around.

Now if you want to make the case that someone like Braylon Edwards with a career 52% target/rec ratio is a bust because he drops balls, the data is there to back it up.

I just don't like players in NFL Reebok commercials ....

AJohnson, MBulger, CSimms, JCampbell, LMaroney, BEdwards, CChambers, and Kickers ......

And with this guy it's always an excuse ....

"Well, his quarterback sucked ...."

"Well, he was injured ...."

"Well, his coaching staff decided to not give him targets ...."

"Well, his shoes were too tight .........."

SELL SELL SELL !!!

Hey I like him as a buy low.

But I just thought it was quite dumb to expect top 5 numbers for no real reason. So how he has performed this far shouldn't be that much of a suprise.

But I just thought it was quite dumb to expect top 5 numbers for no real reason. So how he has performed this far shouldn't be that much of a suprise.

:thumbsup:

and i was getting ridiculed in a thread a month ago by guys [groovy, phillybear, typhus?] as i sentimented the same notion, after one of them proposed a commandment stating "johnson should not fall out of the 2nd rd". :shocking:

or, maybe he'll explode this 4 home game stretch and become the best buy-low of the season. :unsure:

:overhead:

and i was getting ridiculed in a thread a month ago by guys [groovy, phillybear, typhus?] as i sentimented the same notion, after one of them proposed a commandment stating "johnson should not fall out of the 2nd rd". :shocking:

or, maybe he'll explode this 4 home game stretch and become the best buy-low of the season. :unsure:

I HIGHLY doubt that Andre Johnson will be moved from any team soon. Yes, he is a GREAT buy-low candidate but the only problem is the AJ owner is probably so stuck on the fact he wasted a 2nd round pick on him that anything in return would not be good enough. They would probably be so arrogant and want to wait on his "upside" than trade him for somebody in the "low" category.

Curious to hear who the other player in the deal was if anyone did trade him .......

AMEN TO THAT !!!!

He was a #1 WR last year he just got hurt. There were very few better than him on a start by start basis. He had 2 bad games against 2 good defenses. It happens.

Who had him rated top 5?

He was a #1 WR last year he just got hurt. There were very few better than him on a start by start basis. He had 2 bad games against 2 good defenses. It happens.

Who had him rated top 5?

i did. while i dont have him on any teams i will be perfectly honest and say i had him top 3 with a shot to challenge moss for number 1. ofcourse Moss isn't the same Moss this year but you get my point.

I was a victim of looking at the gaudy numbers he put up when healthy last season and averaging them out over the course of a full 16 game season.

i still think he is a beast and his numbers will improve this year but after 2 absolute clunkers its going to be hard to get anywhere close to the kinf of numbers i predicted pre-season

Then why are my projections 80 catches for 955 yards? That's assuming his current rate per game, which is 3 games not 4, remember. Yes even this current rate is too low for someone drafted that high, but he will get his. Nowhere near the garbage projections ratso gave for him. And he's on a pace for 0 TD's, but that ends Saturday.

i did. while i dont have him on any teams i will be perfectly honest and say i had him top 3 with a shot to challenge moss for number 1. ofcourse Moss isn't the same Moss this year but you get my point.

I was a victim of looking at the gaudy numbers he put up when healthy last season and averaging them out over the course of a full 16 game season.

i still think he is a beast and his numbers will improve this year but after 2 absolute clunkers its going to be hard to get anywhere close to the kinf of numbers i predicted pre-season

yeah, and that was my point all along: he is indeed a top5 physical specimen at his position, no doubt, along with the guys like moss, TO, calvin, marshall, etc. but the key was always translating it to the field, regardless of situation/environment.

he is more and more starting to look like roy williams: just as all these physically gifted receivers, with whom we associate 'something wrong' if they don't put up 100-2 based on their sheer ability, roy has the gifts but has yet to translate them onto the field into our expectation levels.

filthy, i agree. a lot of these 'bust' players thus far are having 'crossroads moments' [moss coming off bye week, braylon heading to his bye week, grant vs soft atlanta rush defense, etc]. johnson's seems to be this 4 game home stretch. owners will rejoice and sigh relief if he indeed explodes; if not, it will be very difficult to move him afterwards.

my guess is that there will be decision making 2 games into this stretch after 80-1 and 120-1 performances: capitalize and trade him, assuming its fleeting? or keep him and hope for continued success?

Who had him rated top 5?

Most everyone. It basically went. Moss, TO, Wayne, Edwards, AJ. Sure there were some who didn't, and some that had him in the top 3. But overall he was around 5.

A good half year doesn't allow me to rely on him being a stud.

He's had two bad games.

At least wait until week 8 or 9 to start jerking off over how you knew he wasn't any good.

Paging FrankRizzo, Paging FrankRizzo

Picks up the white courtesy phone ...

I'm here .... and yes I said I didn't like him BUT in another AJ thread started last week I said he was a good play.

Good for him and all that held onto him.

:lol:

[bethegetshurtnextweek]

Most everyone. It basically went. Moss, TO, Wayne, Edwards, AJ. Sure there were some who didn't, and some that had him in the top 3. But overall he was around 5.

A good half year doesn't allow me to rely on him being a stud.

Have people in your leagues never heard of Larry Fitzgerald? :lol: I don't think I saw A.J. drafted higher than Fitz once in any of my serious leagues ..... I'm not even sure he went before Boldin in a few ... :huh:

Picks up the white courtesy phone ...

I'm here .... and yes I said I didn't like him BUT in another AJ thread started last week I said he was a good play.

Good for him and all that held onto him.

:lol:

[bethegetshurtnextweek]

So now you're resorting to predicting injuries?

How pathetic.

You call out player.

Player goes off.

You acknowledge said player goes off, but you predict injury.

Just own your defeat. Andre Johnson is one of the best WRs in the game, everyone can see it.