Sign in to follow this  
josh wiley

message to andre johnson

He is limited because of his QBs. Look at Moss. Disagree that he is extremely talented? Now how about when a top tier QB is not throwing to him?

He is limited because of his QBs. Look at Moss. Disagree that he is extremely talented? Now how about when a top tier QB is not throwing to him?

I believe in Andre. He was putting up good numbers with David Carr, and Schaub may not be a great QB, but he knows to get andre the ball.

I'm sure everyone who drafted him had an idea about the tough start based on schedule, I know I did.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

My GOD!

Why was he so hyped, I don't get it.

hey buddy, how do u like your crow-medium well? thanks for returning to your normal self aj. keep up the good work. oh and by the way-STUD.

As someone who was at the game yesterday - about a dozen rows up on the 40 - I can tell you that despite the numbers, he's still focking up a lot of basics. He made one spectacular catch - fantastic. - But he's bobbling and fumbling and botching and getting jammed. Dunno what's up with him, but even wide open he's jacking up - and THAT you can't blame on increased defensive scruity.

As someone who was at the game yesterday - about a dozen rows up on the 40 - I can tell you that despite the numbers, he's still focking up a lot of basics. He made one spectacular catch - fantastic. - But he's bobbling and fumbling and botching and getting jammed. Dunno what's up with him, but even wide open he's jacking up - and THAT you can't blame on increased defensive scruity.

so basically you're telling me he should have had 12 or 13 catches and 200 some yards. ok, i'm still happy with 10 catches 180 yards and a touch. when u have about 15 or sixteen balls thrown your way there is a chance u might miss one or two.

so basically you're telling me he should have had 12 or 13 catches and 200 some yards. ok, i'm still happy with 10 catches 180 yards and a touch. when u have about 15 or sixteen balls thrown your way there is a chance u might miss one or two.

Nice alias. A simple reminder: FF<>NFL :dunno:

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesnotcaught.html

Well, stat-wise, AJ averages 5.4 catches a game and 70.56 yards per game over his career. Anyone who hasn't watched him play on a consistent basis will take those numbers at face value. The guy has never had a good QB, so do with that what you will.

Since Schaub arrived (with some Rosencopter thrown in the mix), AJ is averaging 6.7 catches a game and 95.64 yards per game. He's also scored 8 TDs in those 14 games.

hahahahahaha lol at everyone who talked smack about johnson he sure did shut you up! Good thing I know fantasy football and traded for him in every league I'm in! Johnson is a stud and not because he had a good game this year because if you know football you can watch the guy and know he is one of the best hands down!

kingmather

if you now fantasy football so well why do you post some sort of help topic on the main bored?

should i make this trade , kingmather=idiot

You must of watched a different Johnson in years past .... because this one named Andre is playing exactly like HIMSELF.

I'm seriously confused why this guy is so damn hyped year in year out when he hasn't done ###### to warrant it ....

Year, Catches, Yards, TDs

2003 - 66 / 976 / 4

2004 - 79 / 1142 / 6

2005 - 63 / 688 / 2

2006 - 103 / 1047 / 5

2007 - 60 / 851 / 8

AVG - 70 / 900 / 5

2008 - 15 / 179 / 0

Projected - 65/775/4

That's seems to be about right to me, yards might be a little low but only about 13 pts in most leagues (less than 1 a week).

Maybe someone else see's something in this guy and his offense that I don't :dunno:

so, um, frank, you still think he's overhyped? maybe now u understand how good this guy really is.

so, um, frank, you still think he's overhyped? maybe now u understand how good this guy really is.

Yeah, hindsight my friend.

Sorry if I took 5 years of mediocre data and wondered why he was being drafted in Round 2 .....

Hey, it's fantasy football and sometimes the crystal ball works and other times it doesn't.

This year I got Calvin Johnson and Chris Johnson right ... not considering AJ and drafting SHolmes as my WR1 was VERY wrong.

Yeah, hindsight my friend.

Sorry if I took 5 years of mediocre data with the suckage that is DAVID CARRand wondered why he was being drafted in Round 2 .....

Hey, it's fantasy football and sometimes the crystal ball works and other times it doesn't.

This year I got Calvin Johnson and Chris Johnson right ... not considering AJ and drafting SHolmes as my WR1 was VERY wrong.

Fixed. You made a huge GM/coaching/scouting blunder.

it's pretty much a tie ballgame in my book between Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. I'll give props to Randy Moss when Brady is in, but I honestly don't think you can gameplan Andre and Fitz out of their offenses, Randy you can. Calvin is approaching these two, but Andre is such a beast it's not even funny.

it's pretty much a tie ballgame in my book between Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. I'll give props to Randy Moss when Brady is in, but I honestly don't think you can gameplan Andre and Fitz out of their offenses, Randy you can. Calvin is approaching these two, but Andre is such a beast it's not even funny.

Pretty much agreed. :thumbsup:

Andre, imo, is the better route runner between him and Fitz, and Fitz prolly has the best hands in the history of the game <_<

Calvin is just a freak of nature somewhere in between the the 2 of them skill wise.

It would be frightning to think about the #'s Calvin would probably put up if he had the same QB throwing to him for a full year. (Notice I didn't say "better" QB, but the same QB)

Then again, I'm kind of blinded 'cause I had AJ and Calvin on my team this year.

Pretty much agreed. :thumbsup:

Andre, imo, is the better route runner between him and Fitz, and Fitz prolly has the best hands in the history of the game <_<

Calvin is just a freak of nature somewhere in between the the 2 of them skill wise.

It would be frightning to think about the #'s Calvin would probably put up if he had the same QB throwing to him for a full year. (Notice I didn't say "better" QB, but the same QB)

Then again, I'm kind of blinded 'cause I had AJ and Calvin on my team this year.

yeah, I had AJ, Reggie Wayne and Marshall (and ended up with Colston off WW) and AJ was the ONLY one I was comfortable putting into my lineup every week. Being in Texas I get to see a lot of his games and people just don't really understand what kind of player he is, especially with consistent QB play.

I'll disagree with you just a bit and say that I firmly believe that Calvin has the ability to be better than both AJ and Fitz. He's bigger and faster than both and has nearly as good a set of hands. Fitz and AJ are already at the peak of their game, I think Calvin can get better, which is scary :shocking:

yeah, I had AJ, Reggie Wayne and Marshall (and ended up with Colston off WW) and AJ was the ONLY one I was comfortable putting into my lineup every week. Being in Texas I get to see a lot of his games and people just don't really understand what kind of player he is, especially with consistent QB play.

I'll disagree with you just a bit and say that I firmly believe that Calvin has the ability to be better than both AJ and Fitz. He's bigger and faster than both and has nearly as good a set of hands. Fitz and AJ are already at the peak of their game, I think Calvin can get better, which is scary :first:

Oh, I firmly believe that Calvin has the potential to be better then both of them, and I wouldn't be the least bit suprised that after all is said and done, he very well might go down as the "best ever", but what he needs right now is consistancy at QB.

He needs to be able to develop a relationship with 1 QB, not a different one every week.

All the more reason why his stats were so incredible this year. It's not like whichever QB Detroit was throwing out there could possibly have the proper timing and route knowledge with Calvin that it takes to take full advantage of skills.

Oh, I firmly believe that Calvin has the potential to be better then both of them, and I wouldn't be the least bit suprised that after all is said and done, he very well might go down as the "best ever", but what he needs right now is consistancy at QB.

He needs to be able to develop a relationship with 1 QB, not a different one every week.

All the more reason why his stats were so incredible this year. It's not like whichever QB Detroit was throwing out there could possibly have the proper timing and route knowledge with Calvin that it takes to take full advantage of skills.

Yeah, it's remarkable because Detroit had NO ONE else the defenses even had to respect, especially after WER was shipped out to Dallas. Calvin was pulling doubles on just about every play AND still winning seemingly every ball. I'm with you, if he can get any kind of consistent QB play and maybe a good 2nd banana to take some pressure off, he'll change the way the position is played.

You must of watched a different Johnson in years past .... because this one named Andre is playing exactly like HIMSELF.

I'm seriously confused why this guy is so damn hyped year in year out when he hasn't done ###### to warrant it ....

Year, Catches, Yards, TDs

2003 - 66 / 976 / 4

2004 - 79 / 1142 / 6

2005 - 63 / 688 / 2

2006 - 103 / 1047 / 5

2007 - 60 / 851 / 8

AVG - 70 / 900 / 5

2008 - 15 / 179 / 0

Projected - 65/775/4

That's seems to be about right to me, yards might be a little low but only about 13 pts in most leagues (less than 1 a week).

Maybe someone else see's something in this guy and his offense that I don't :doublethumbsup:

I knew this post was foolish when I first saw it... there was never anything wrong with AJ's stats. He was productive from the go... and considering the team (QB) round him and an injury plagued season... you would be blind to not recognize the potential.

65/775/4 ???

how about...

115/1575/8

Maybe you were projected the second half of the season?

Andre, Calvin and Fitz in dynasty!

:doublethumbsup:

Now... if only I had some RBs...

Being a Texans homer I can say Andre Johnson is a top 3 WR, if not the best WR in the game right now. The pieces are slowly coming into place for the Texans. If Schaub can EVER stay healthy for an entire season they have a solid core on offense. The best WR in the game, one of the top 5 TEs in the game, a top 10 QB when healthy, and a young RB that shows all the promise in the world. THis team went 8-8 this year and could have very easily went 10-6 had a few breaks went their way. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to next year.

<_<

Andre, Calvin and Fitz in dynasty!

:lol:

Now... if only I had some RBs...

:dunno: Andre, Calvin, Marshall & Jennings and I do have RB's in K. Smith, Gore and DeAngelo. :lol:

As I pointed out in this thread before, AJ's production jumped considerably when Schaub got here. Those who took his career stats at face value make a serious scouting error.

I have also said for a few years now that there isn't a WR in the league I'd take over AJ. There might be a few I'd rank on an equal plane, but if I had one or the other, I'd not trade.

I guess he was worth it now? I'm thinking that the only message that should be sent to Andre Johnson is "Thank you for my championship."

Oh, and I ranked him #1. :pointstosky:

I had to get something right.

Having the combination of Andre/Calvin Johnson sprinkled in with a little Antonio Bryant made my receiving core unbeatable down the stretch. :headbanger:

Having the combination of Andre/Calvin Johnson sprinkled in with a little Antonio Bryant made my receiving core unbeatable down the stretch. :shocking:

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Donald Driver

Derrick Mason

:overhead: