Sign in to follow this  
Dashow28

Waiver Wire Pickups for Week 9 (FIXED)

Maybe this thread is a little early considering there's still a Monday Night game but I was wondering who are the players people are looking at this upcoming week? Maybe Pierre Thomas or Aaron Stecker with the possible suspension to Deuce? Maybe Kevin Walter if nobody has picked him up? Brooks Bollinger with Brad Johnson possibily getting benched? Who else?

how about torian?? how much will he be used this up coming week?? :thumbsup:

i picked him up sunday morning so would have to use #1 wavier this week

how about torian?? how much will he be used this up coming week?? :thumbsup:

I dont want to be "that guy" but week 9 is coming up. not 10. P.S. Kevin Walter was drafted in every league Im in. Id grab Antonio Pittman, Ted Ginn, Chad Pennington.

You mean week 9 -

1. I'm sure Ted Ginn, Jr. will be getting some pub from the experts

2. Thigpen may even be getting some love, but the guy you should look at is -

Matt Ryan, QB of Atlanta. He looked very good in a losing cause to Philly yesterday on the road. He did throw one dumb pass in the end zone that hurt them, but it happens.

passing defense rank ()

Week 9 - Oakland (25)

Week 10 - NO (21)

Week 11 - Denver (32)

Week 13 - SD (31)

Week 14 - NO again (21)

Lots of good match ups, except Carolina in week 12.

at $10 a pop in my two leagues i have nearly matched my entry fee and its wk 9. i will be chilling out and settling down on the waiver wire..... :doublethumbsup:

Ok...I know some people are going to laugh...and I don't really need the guy...but how valuable is Jamaal charles now that LJ is probably done for the year???...

Ok...I know some people are going to laugh...and I don't really need the guy...but how valuable is Jamaal charles now that LJ is probably done for the year???...

Do you mean the guy with the high ankle sprain?

Chiefs rookie Jamaal Charles has a high ankle sprain, according to the Kansas City Star.

This could put Charles out several games. If Larry Johnson is suspended this week, Kansas City will only have Kolby Smith and rookie free agent Dantrell Savage on the team at tailback. Pick up Smith promptly because he could do damage in the right matchup. They may have to add another runner to the roster this week. Hopefully a timetable on Charles is provided by Wednesday, but 12-team leaguers can drop him if they need room. Oct. 27 - 4:05 pm et

Source: Kansas City Star

Chiefs rookie Jamaal Charles has a high ankle sprain, according to the Kansas City Star.

This could put Charles out several games. If Larry Johnson is suspended this week, Kansas City will only have Kolby Smith and rookie free agent Dantrell Savage on the team at tailback. Pick up Smith promptly because he could do damage in the right matchup. They may have to add another runner to the roster this week. Hopefully a timetable on Charles is provided by Wednesday, but 12-team leaguers can drop him if they need room. Oct. 27 - 4:05 pm et

I guess that shows how much I have been watching him.... that answers that question...He isn't worth Sh*t

I was thinking "week 10 OK". Anyone with teams at the bottom of the waiver wire knows that week 10 pickups have to happen this week.

I was thinking "week 10 OK". Anyone with teams at the bottom of the waiver wire knows that week 10 pickups have to happen this week.

LOL, my bad I meant week 9. I guess it got more hits though because of the obvious error. Obviously you all knew what I meant. Is Matt Jones suppossed to be suspended this week? Maybe he's worth a pick up. How about Brandon Lloyd, he healthy yet?

Guest BernardPollardFan
how about torian?? how much will he be used this up coming week?? B)

TORAIN

Matt Ryan, QB of Atlanta. He looked very good in a losing cause to Philly yesterday on the road. He did throw one dumb pass in the end zone that hurt them, but it happens.

passing defense rank ()

Week 9 - Oakland (25)

Week 10 - NO (21)

Week 11 - Denver (32)

Week 13 - SD (31)

Week 14 - NO again (21)

Lots of good match ups, except Carolina in week 12.

He's probably not available in most leagues.

TORAIN

Torain is a 5th round pick who has done nothing in the NFL on a team with a coach who likes to use 3 different RBs. Go ahead and start him - you'll be sorry.

I'm sure Ted Ginn, Jr. will be getting some pub from the experts

I agree that he'll get a lot of mentions in the fantasy football world, but I doubt he's going to all of a sudden bust out and become a stud receiver. That said, Ted Ginn Jr. has been slowly getting more involved in this offense and may actually be on his way. He's worth a roster spot if he's available in your league and you're hurting at wide receiver.

Kolby Smith has put up 21 rushing attempts for 25 yards in the last two games. Not exactly what I'd consider a hot pickup.

Torain is a 5th round pick who has done nothing in the NFL on a team with a coach who likes to use 3 different RBs. Go ahead and start him - you'll be sorry.

He's done nothing, since (a) this is his rookie season, and (:unsure: he got an elbow injury in preseason that has shelved him until now. Sure, Skeletor likes to fock with fantasy owners, but none of the other RBs on his team are setting the world on fire, and all of them are now slightly dinged up. Who's to say that Torain can't step in and get 15-20 carries? I wouldn't start him this week, but if he was out there I'd certainly add him to my team. If he does well versus Miami you at least have some trade bait.

Matt Ryan and Chad Pennington if you need a QB...both have favorable matchups this week AND for the rest of the season. I am not sure who the week 9 play is though...Ryan vs Oak or Penn vs Den?

Matt Ryan and Chad Pennington if you need a QB...both have favorable matchups this week AND for the rest of the season. I am not sure who the week 9 play is though...Ryan vs Oak or Penn vs Den?

Champ Bailey out, Chad is the play.

I have a feeling K Curtis will have a great game against the Seahawks. JT O'Sullivan looked horrible against them this past Sunday, but when Hill came in he looked great. Curtis will get the start opposite D Jax and I think McNabb will go off on them. Mark it down...Curtis will be picked up in over 80% of all leagues by week 10.