Sign in to follow this  
shutdown

Thomas Jones a Stud?

So Thomas Jones is on a 5 week string of double digit production. Is he now unbenchable? I benched him against Buffalo and lost my game that week because of it. I'm still thinking the Pats will D will focus on stuffing the Jets run and making Favre throw to cash in on his mistakes.

My option is Addai vs Houston, but I just wanted to poll the board to see if Thomas Jones is now an every week play?

I'm also in a tough situation with Thomas Jones. Just don't know what to do with him.

I've got either Jones or Ronnie Brown vs Oakland.

I'm not sure if Jones has reached the "unbenchable" status. I took a look at New England's last 9 games and I don't think they've given up a 100 yard rusher this year.

I'm also in a tough situation with Thomas Jones. Just don't know what to do with him.

I've got either Jones or Ronnie Brown vs Oakland.

I'm not sure if Jones has reached the "unbenchable" status. I took a look at New England's last 9 games and I don't think they've given up a 100 yard rusher this year.

Ronnie Brown may have that week where Miami introduced the single-wing.

It's hard to bench the guy after what he's done the past 5 games: all of which have come after the bye. Granted, those games were against the likes of Cincy, OAK, STL, KC, and BUF who suddenly can't win a game. It's possible he's just benefited from the soft part of the schedule. Or maybe the Jets figured out how to effectively run the ball over their bye week.

The good thing about this game is that it should be close, which means TJ should get plenty of touches. We'll have to see what he does with those opportunities.

I'd say you gotta stick with him unless you have a clear cut better option.

Jones is running behind a very good offensive line right now. And Favre, even though he's not as good as he was last year, is keeping defenses honest.

Depends upon your other options, but I'd start him unless the other options are very, very good.

I would start TJ over Addai.

Here is my Thomas Jones dilemma.....I can start three:

LaDainian Tomlinson @Pit

Steve Slaton @Ind

Brandon Jacobs Bal

Thomas Jones @NE

(yes.....I drafted well....after LT :rolleyes: )

Talk about crappy match-ups. Right now I have Jones riding the pine. Any thoughts?

Jones is running behind a very good offensive line right now. And Favre, even though he's not as good as he was last year, is keeping defenses honest.

Depends upon your other options, but I'd start him unless the other options are very, very good.

Forcast is for Rain in Foxboro.........Prolly forcing BOTH teams to run more....Don't expect his recent production to continue this week. Both teams will focus on stopping the run & the Pat's are good in that aspect without the extra attention there :thumbsup:

I'd start Jones over Addai. Addai doesn't appear to be what he used to.

I have a similar dilemma. I have to start two of these three. (Gore, D. Williams, or Jones)

Do the loss of A. Thomas at LB help the matchup for Jones at all? I'm starting him regardless, but I figured this could help at least a little bit.

Good luck T.J. starters

I'd start Jones over Addai. Addai doesn't appear to be what he used to.

I have a similar dilemma. I have to start two of these three. (Gore, D. Williams, or Jones)

Same boat here. I think I might start D. Williams over TJ. Sh!t, maybe even Sticky Ricky with a tasty matchup vs. OAK

I am pretty stacked at RB and think I am going with Addai, Lynch and Turner over TJ this week. I also have Chris Johnson v. Jax :rolleyes:

Before anyone asks, it is a 10 team league and I traded Calvin for Lynch a few weeks back (regretting it).

I'm a TJ/CJ3/MB3 owner and there is a good reason I am starting Barber over TJ this week and thats because Jones is coming off a pretty heavy workload with only 4 days worth of rest going against a pretty good run stopping Patriots defense. Even if Favre can open them up he's probably going to be spelled quite a bit by Leon Washington.

I'm a TJ/CJ3/MB3 owner and there is a good reason I am starting Barber over TJ this week and thats because Jones is coming off a pretty heavy workload with only 4 days worth of rest going against a pretty good run stopping Patriots defense. Even if Favre can open them up he's probably going to be spelled quite a bit by Leon Washington.

I have JONES in two leagues, and am benching him in BOTH ! He is DUE for a stinker, and NE run defense is very good !!!

I would start TJ over Addai.

Here is my Thomas Jones dilemma.....I can start three:

LaDainian Tomlinson @Pit

Steve Slaton @Ind

Brandon Jacobs Bal

Thomas Jones @NE

(yes.....I drafted well....after LT :lol: )

Talk about crappy match-ups. Right now I have Jones riding the pine. Any thoughts?

I'd bench LT out of this group of options.

oddly enough, those are my same big three RB's. and oddlier even more is that was my same reasoning for sitting TJ.

weird

Here's something to think about:

Jones has already played the Pats, going 17 for 70. He was snuffed at the goaline twice, or would have finished with better numbers. I think he can duplicate, if not exceed those numbers this week. People will point to his recent success as a product of facing weak run defenses. But he did exactly what he should have done in crushing those matchups.

Also, look at who the Pats have stopped this year:

KC, NYJ, MIA, SF, SD, DEN, STL, IND, BUF.

There aren't many good running offenses in that group, but when facing a decent back they've yielded some decent totals:

Ronnie Brown, though that's a bit of an abberation.

Gore put up 80 total yards and a score.

LT put up 120 total yards, but SD was crushing NE and he benefitted from the situation.

The other teams either have shaky ground games (KC, DEN) or have had diminished performances from their 'stud' RBs (STL, SJax didn't play; IND, Addai was just returning from injury; BUF, Lynch has been off the whole year.)

I'm not saying start TJ over some of the other names posted here: Addai, CJ3, MBIII, Lynch. Those guys have better matchups. But I am saying I think the stats are a bit misleading with regard to the stout Pats D. There should be some yards for TJ on the ground, and the possibility of a score. Not bad.

And I'm not too worried about the short week. Did the Rams even touch him on any of his runs last week?

I'm thinking 90 total yards and a 50/50 shot at a score. I'll take it 'cause this is what else I have to choose from:

Portis, FWP/Moore, LJ, Hightower, TJ

Not that they're horrible options this week, but it's gonna be hard to pick 3 and feel confident doing so.

Thomas Jones wasn't a bust last year. He had a horrible line and defenses made stacked the box every game and made Pennington beat them. This year, the Jets have a nice new offensive line that has started to finally gel together and Favre has completely opened up the running lanes for Jones and Washington. I would continue to start him.

Here's something to think about:

Jones has already played the Pats, going 17 for 70. He was snuffed at the goaline twice, or would have finished with better numbers. I think he can duplicate, if not exceed those numbers this week. People will point to his recent success as a product of facing weak run defenses. But he did exactly what he should have done in crushing those matchups.

Also, look at who the Pats have stopped this year:

KC, NYJ, MIA, SF, SD, DEN, STL, IND, BUF.

There aren't many good running offenses in that group, but when facing a decent back they've yielded some decent totals:

Ronnie Brown, though that's a bit of an abberation.

Gore put up 80 total yards and a score.

LT put up 120 total yards, but SD was crushing NE and he benefitted from the situation.

The other teams either have shaky ground games (KC, DEN) or have had diminished performances from their 'stud' RBs (STL, SJax didn't play; IND, Addai was just returning from injury; BUF, Lynch has been off the whole year.)

I'm not saying start TJ over some of the other names posted here: Addai, CJ3, MBIII, Lynch. Those guys have better matchups. But I am saying I think the stats are a bit misleading with regard to the stout Pats D. There should be some yards for TJ on the ground, and the possibility of a score. Not bad.

And I'm not too worried about the short week. Did the Rams even touch him on any of his runs last week?

I'm thinking 90 total yards and a 50/50 shot at a score. I'll take it 'cause this is what else I have to choose from:

Portis, FWP/Moore, LJ, Hightower, TJ

Not that they're horrible options this week, but it's gonna be hard to pick 3 and feel confident doing so.

Just wanted to say thanks for the insight. I hadn't really looked at the teams the Pats has shut down. After reading your post I put Jones back in my lineup and it played out about exactly as you predicted.

So - has he earned "Stud" status?

YES :dunno:

Yes....especially with his upcoming games...(aside from next week Tenn.)

The dude is a workhorse....I was just looking at the stats from last night's game and he had 30 carries...!!...he looked like he could have carried it 40...

I am pretty stacked at RB and think I am going with Addai, Lynch and Turner over TJ this week. I also have Chris Johnson v. Jax :o

Before anyone asks, it is a 10 team league and I traded Calvin for Lynch a few weeks back (regretting it).

:doublethumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just wanted to say thanks for the insight. I hadn't really looked at the teams the Pats has shut down. After reading your post I put Jones back in my lineup and it played out about exactly as you predicted.

:rolleyes:

I would say Jonesy is a top 5 RB right now in FF. The man is putting up a 20 burger or close it seems every week right now.

Glad I traded FOR him and Driver before kick off Week 9. I gave up Avery and Torain. Week 10 Torain goes down FOR THE YEAR. Ouch. :unsure:

Because I am girly, I feel bad. I get Bush back, week 12 now it looks like, and he will join TJ. :angry: