Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Christ

Weather calls for Rain tonight

Will tonights forecast of rain change what you are thinking in terms of your lineup? bump up Thomas Jones and Ben Jarvis? Downgrade the passing games ??

Since I don't have anyone going tonight, I am just going to bring the tent to the tailgate and have my rain gear. :dunno:

It is unclear as to how much rain we are going to get since the storm is going south of the stadium. However, if it shifts north, it could be a very heavy rain with some nice winds. In that case, I would downgrade the passing games and upgrade Jones and Green-Ellis.

Guest ramrock11

Moss hasn't did anything for me all year and i can't even give him away now.

Can't believe a guy in my league wouldn't even give me A.Bryant for him

Cassel is not coming along they just haven't played anyone.

Moss hasn't did anything for me all year and i can't even give him away now.

Can't believe a guy in my league wouldn't even give me A.Bryant for him

Cassel is not coming along they just haven't played anyone.

Scary, I think I might want Antionio more than Randy now too. he MIGHT come on late, but Cassel just has no deep game at the moment. Bryant's the clear #1 on his not great, but decent passing team. But you know that already.

Since I don't have anyone going tonight, I am just going to bring the tent to the tailgate and have my rain gear. :doh:

It is unclear as to how much rain we are going to get since the storm is going south of the stadium. However, if it shifts north, it could be a very heavy rain with some nice winds. In that case, I would downgrade the passing games and upgrade Jones and Green-Ellis.

Anyway you slice, I feel bad for you.

It's funny how passionate the "stadium dwellers" are about football, yet I hate going to the stadiums, and feel I'm more passionate and more knowledgable about the game watching it on TV.

You're going to sit in a tent in a rainy parking lot ?...The only thing we can hope for is your boyfriend is with you. :dunno:

Anyway you slice, I feel bad for you.

It's funny how passionate the "stadium dwellers" are about football, yet I hate going to the stadiums, and feel I'm more passionate and more knowledgable about the game watching it on TV.

You're going to sit in a tent in a rainy parking lot ?...The only thing we can hope for is your boyfriend is with you. :blink:

I am going to be sitting in a tent drinking beers and eating food with a bunch of friends for 4 hours before the game. Then I am going to go into the stadium and watch the Pats beat the Jets with 70,000 of my "friends".

You are going to sit alone, in front of your TV, in the same pooh-stained underwear that you had on yesterday, listening to guys who stumble over words worse than GWB and you are going to be more "knowledgeable"? :lol:

I like watching the away games on TV, but I also like going to the games.

I am going to be sitting in a tent drinking beers and eating food with a bunch of friends for 4 hours before the game. Then I am going to go into the stadium and watch the Pats beat the Jets with 70,000 of my "friends".

You are going to sit alone, in front of your TV, in the same pooh-stained underwear that you had on yesterday, listening to guys who stumble over words worse than GWB and you are going to be more "knowledgeable"? :lol:

I like watching the away games on TV, but I also like going to the games.

So you're huddling in a tent with 4 guys soaking wet and cold, then sitting in the cold rain for 4 hours, 1000' from the action...yeah, you know what's going on in the game.

I'll be watching with 3-4 friends, each in their own recliner viewing my little brothers 96" HDTV (thanks to his big brother) screen with full surround sound, seeing all the different angles, zoomed in, replays of the close calls, penalties, big plays. And running back and forth to a kegerator, and my own bathroom.

I think you need a better TV setup.

It's pouring now in Philly, and I'm at work scouring the fridge cause I don't want to go out in this crap. I couldn't imagine your evening.....and if it's like this near gametime, it's Moss to the bench.

Not gonna change much for me. Welker should still get his short passes (in a PPR league), Thomas Jones will still run the ball and Favre will still (hopefully) throw to Cotchery. :lol:

So you're huddling in a tent with 4 guys soaking wet and cold, then sitting in the rain and cold stands, 1000' from the action...yeah, you know what's going on in the game.

I'll be watching with 3-4 buds, each in their own recliner viewing 96" HDTV screen with full surround sound, seeing all the different angles, zoomed in, replays of the close calls, penalties, big plays. And running back and forth to a kegerator, and my own bathroom.

It's pouring now in Philly, and I'm at work scouring the fridge cause I don't want to go out in this crap. I couldn't imagine your evening.....and if it's like this near gametime, it's Moss to the bench.

HAHA well played :lol:

Cept your signature says the TV is 110' - so which is it??

So you're huddling in a tent with 4 guys soaking wet and cold, then sitting in the rain and cold stands, 1000' from the action...yeah, you know what's going on in the game.

I'll be watching with 3-4 buds, each in their own recliner viewing 96" HDTV screen with full surround sound, seeing all the different angles, zoomed in, replays of the close calls, penalties, big plays. And running back and forth to a kegerator, and my own bathroom.

you sound like a huge tool :lol:

I had to choose between Deuce and Green Ellis because Portis is out for this Sunday. I was already going with Deuce and the weather just makes the decision easier.

How about Cotchery tonight......would you swap him out for Antionio Bryant or Donald Driver?

I swapped Crotchery out for Bryant in my lineup before I heard about the weather. Neither have good matchups, but Bryant is getting more looks than Crotchery right now.

on a side note..im bitter that it isnt colder...i love snow games...

what shape will the field be in? hasnt it been nasty this time of year because of soccer played there?...

i wouldnt get too excited and say favres from green bay, as someone did..hes as much from gb as i am from mississippi....

favre hates the cold..he hasnt done well in the cold in recent times...i expect a struggle..but hopefully, a game as good as advertised :lol:

on a side note..im bitter that it isnt colder...i love snow games...

what shape will the field be in? hasnt it been nasty this time of year because of soccer played there?...

i wouldnt get too excited and say favres from green bay, as someone did..hes as much from gb as i am from mississippi....

favre hates the cold..he hasnt done well in the cold in recent times...i expect a struggle..but hopefully, a game as good as advertised :pointstosky:

Gillette switched to field turf a couple of years ago. That is no factor.

It is not going to be a heavy rain based on the reports. Philly might be getting poured on, but they deserve it. :lol:

HAHA well played :pointstosky:

Cept your signature says the TV is 110' - so which is it??

Good find.

I have a 110" screen in a media room I built in the asement of my house,

My younger brother has a 96" screen that we painted in his 1 bedroom apartment. (black fabric bordering).

All Projectors zoom, so the screen can be almost any size, it more depends on what's comfortable for the room and seating distance.

I've had a 42" plasma since 2002, I'll never watch a game on it again...the wife can have it for ER.

and as you've read, I never want to goto the stadiums.

We went to the final Phillies regular season home game, white towels going, Brad Lidge closing.....we couldn't make out balls and strikes.....sucked.

you sound like a huge tool :unsure:

This guy's got BrokeBack Montain goin' in a stadium parking lot, and you call me a tool. FOCK YOU. (like in the Breakfasat Club)

I'm starting Moss I think he's do for about 60 yards and 2 TDs.

I dont know, im not feeling as confident as you. I think that the rain could kill the little chemistry that moss and castle have. Im thinking about sitting moss for driver

So you're huddling in a tent with 4 guys soaking wet and cold, then sitting in the cold rain for 4 hours, 1000' from the action...yeah, you know what's going on in the game.

I'll be watching with 3-4 friends, each in their own recliner viewing my little brothers 96" HDTV (thanks to his big brother) screen with full surround sound, seeing all the different angles, zoomed in, replays of the close calls, penalties, big plays. And running back and forth to a kegerator, and my own bathroom.

So, I was right about the underwear thing. :(

I hope that you realize that sitting under a tent prevents me from being wet. I am also covered during the game, so I sort of like my seats. ;)

Remember, I have the option to watch the game at home OR go to the stadium. HTH.

Remember, I have the option to watch the game at home OR go to the stadium. HTH.
This is the point....you choose to do this, therefore your other options must be pathetic, or you have serious issues.

Do you paint your face and take your shirt off ?

If no....why not ? :pointstosky:

This is the point....you choose to do this.

These are condition of a boot camp, or some initiation ritual.

You're choosing this, therefore your other options must be pathetic, or you have serious issues.

Do you paint your face and take your shirt off ?

If no....why not ? :pointstosky:

No face paint and the shirt stays on. Have you ever sat in club seats or had a really nice tailgate? If not, I feel bad for you. Agoraphobia must not be a nice thing to have to live with. :overhead:

Gillette switched to field turf a couple of years ago. That is no factor.

It is not going to be a heavy rain based on the reports. Philly might be getting poured on, but they deserve it. :overhead:

Hopefully, the World Series trophy isn't getting wet. :pointstosky:

Anyone downgrade the runners because of the rain? 8 in the box, more chances of fumbling, can't cut, slipping, etc.

This is what I am interested in. Was hoping BJGE would be able to run north/south through the middle tonight - I believe one of the inside LBs for the Jets is out? Anyone have any insight as to how the running game is typically affected by rain? I always thought that advantage went to the offense because the defense were the ones that had to react...

No face paint and the shirt stays on.
What if one of your tent buddies starts taking his shirt off ?

Do you let him get embarassed putin' himself out there, and you take your shirt off too ? :overhead:

This is how it starts.

You're right, I do have fears....I fear grown men hanging out in tents.

This guy's got BrokeBack Montain goin' in a stadium parking lot, and you call me a tool. FOCK YOU. (like in the Breakfasat Club)

Actually if you could read I said you sound like a huge tool, which you do. Please tell us more about your projection tv :overhead:

Actually if you could read I said you sound like a huge tool, which you do. Please tell us more about your projection tv :lol:

he started it.

and go get one....you'll thank me, "brokeback mountain style"....or "Patriots parking lot style."

I don't want to start a new thread guys but can we get back on the subject.....Are either Jets D or Patriots D a good? play tonight because of the conditions

I don't want to start a new thread guys but can we get back on the subject.....Are either Jets D or Patriots D a good? play tonight because of the conditions

I think both are great plays if the weather is bad. And the fact that the Patriots have no vertical game and run this boring offense that takes 10 minutes to drive down the field!

Any weather updates for NE? Weather.com just says a 50% chance of showers. Debating whether to sit Favre in favor of Quinn if weather is nasty.

Any weather updates for NE? Weather.com just says a 50% chance of showers. Debating whether to sit Favre in favor of Quinn if weather is nasty.

ESPN said rain starting at kick-off and lasting the entire game

Don't you guys hate being right all the time :doublethumbsup: You should know by now John Madden said Bret is like the mail neither snow, rain, sleet, hail will stop Bret from delivering.

he started it.

and go get one....you'll thank me, "brokeback mountain style"....or "Patriots parking lot style."

Actually, you are the one that started the comments.

It was a lot of fun tonight except for the ending of the game. I had caribou (not shot by Sarah Palin), elk, steak, chicken, cheese curds (?) and shrimp during the tailgate. No rain to speak of and some good times.

Also, I can tell you that not once did my Mom yell down for me to turn off the TV like my plasma friend probably heard several times during the evening. :music_guitarred:

Actually, you are the one that started the comments.

It was a lot of fun tonight except for the ending of the game. I had caribou (not shot by Sarah Palin), elk, steak, chicken, cheese curds (?) and shrimp during the tailgate. No rain to speak of and some good times.

Also, I can tell you that not once did my Mom yell down for me to turn off the TV like my plasma friend probably heard several times during the evening. :dunno:

To clear things up, I'm 37, 2 little kids, over 6 figures, wife is almost too. I own the home, about 3800 sq.ft. if you include the 15'x13' Theater. I did have a 27" TV with surround setup in my parents basement in high school and after college, but we gutted it for a kids playroom. I was an FFer back in those days, I would've been posting here, but we weren't on a website then.

I work with guys that basically X off the Eagles home games, tell their families they're on their own, cause they're going to stand in a parking lot and drink and eat all day....sun, rain, snow, 10 degrees. My father comes to my house, watches his beloved Iggles in my Theater, with headphones listening to Merill Reese on AM !...so I grew up knowing diehard fans in the famliy. Tailgaters is a breed all by themselves. These guys blow my mind. The best conversations are with the wives/girlfriends. All you have to do is mention Sunday Eagles games, and grab some popcorn.

If it wasn't for the Polar Express, I would've never heard of Caribou...I played Moss. Disappointed he didn't get the long ball, but I'm encouraged they were trying to.