Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Why do the Seahawks exist?

Is there a reason why the Seattle Seahawks even exist? There isnt a more non-descript, no identity, pointless team in sports. They have no fans, they dont draw as a road team and outside of the liberal hippie community in Seattle, many have never even heard of them. And they got to ruin a Thanksgiving day game? Theye didnt even try.... focking losers.

The NFL needs to chop a few wasteful teams from the league for integrity purposes and they can start right in Seattle.

:cheers:

If it weren't for horrible teams like the Seahawks and Rams, how else would you get interest in cities like Arizona?

The league needs patsies so that average teams can feel good once in a while.

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

J

:sniff: Swims away......

Of course you swim away. What else can you do?

First your candidate, now your team. You must be damn-near suicidal. 2008 is definitely one you'll want to forget.

Of course you swim away. What else can you do?

First your candidate, now your team. You must be damn-near suicidal. 2008 is definitely one you'll want to forget.

The Seahawks have won exactly the same amount of Superbowls as the Eagles. Oh, yeah. Your team has been in existance longer.

Face.

The NFL needs to chop a few wasteful teams from the league for integrity purposes and they can start right in Seattle.

Why would they start with a team that has the second longest active streak of making the playoffs in the nfl, at 5.

This is not a good thread because it is very inaccurate. They have been a good team for years..

Now, if you asked this same question using the LIONS instead, that makes much more sense.

The Seahawks have won exactly the same amount of Superbowls as the Eagles. Oh, yeah. Your team has been in existance longer.

Face.

26-7 IN SEATTLE! Wow.

Somehow, that devastating 3000 mile trip doesn't seem to effect the NFC East teams when they travel west. Hmmm. I wonder why that is.

The Chickens have done something that 6 other franchises have not and that is go to the Super Bowl. Should Detroit, New Orleans, Arizona, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Houston be contracted for not making a Super Bowl? I think not.

26-7 IN SEATTLE! Wow.

Somehow, that devastating 3000 mile trip doesn't seem to effect the NFC East teams when they travel west. Hmmm. I wonder why that is.

I can see you don't get it and have probably never flown cross country. I actually laughed out loud when I read this.

In the end all the west coast teams are asking for is to play the 3 PM game when they fly east. The NFL has refused to go along with this. To schedule 2 West coast teams to fly east for a Thursday game is insane. The NFL got what it bargained for yesterday. I did not watch any of the games because the outcome was inevitable in all three games.

Way to show case your product NFL, we were all impressed.

I can see you don't get it and have probably never flown cross country. I actually laughed out loud when I read this.

In the end all the west coast teams are asking for is to play the 3 PM game when they fly east. The NFL has refused to go along with this. To schedule 2 West coast teams to fly east for a Thursday game is insane. The NFL got what it bargained for yesterday. I did not watch any of the games because the outcome was inevitable in all three games.

Way to show case your product NFL, we were all impressed.

Considering that 81% of the NFL is either in the Midwest or East of it, I can see why the NFL isn't too concerned about the making West coast teams fly east. It's inevitable that West coast teams will do a lot of traveling East at some point.

But the Seahawks & Cardinals didn't play bad yesterday because they had to fly east. The Seahawks just plain suck and the Cardinals tried to prove they could run the ball (when they can't). Can't be one dimensional (or non dimensional) and beat good teams. Period.

Is there a reason why the Seattle Seahawks even exist? There isnt a more non-descript, no identity, pointless team in sports. They have no fans, they dont draw as a road team and outside of the liberal hippie community in Seattle, many have never even heard of them. And they got to ruin a Thanksgiving day game? Theye didnt even try.... focking losers.

:headbanger:

The NFL needs to eliminate a few teams. The Seahawks, lions, Raiders to name a few. The Seahawks are a joke. They have stupid fans and they suck. They have a hippie, pot smoking community that is so high that they don't even know they have a football team. The rain must be rotting their brains, because the their hippie tree hugging fans think their team is good.

The NFL needs to eliminate a few teams. The Seahawks, lions, Raiders to name a few. The Seahawks are a joke. They have stupid fans and they suck. They have a hippie, pot smoking community that is so high that they don't even know they have a football team. The rain must be rotting their brains, because the their hippie tree hugging fans think their team is good.

Sounds like you have a vendetta against the Seahawks for some reason. What could it be? Oh, yeah. The Seahawks have beaten the Cowboys every time they've met in the playoffs.

That's a shame.

Sounds like you have a vendetta against the Seahawks for some reason. What could it be? Oh, yeah. The Seahawks have beaten the Cowboys every time they've met in the playoffs.

That's a shame.

I thought we had a peace treaty? Let's keep it civil. :headbanger:

I thought we had a peace treaty? Let's keep it civil. :headbanger:

Do you still have me confused as being an Eagles fan? I'm a Seahawks fan. :nono:

Considering that 81% of the NFL is either in the Midwest or East of it, I can see why the NFL isn't too concerned about the making West coast teams fly east. It's inevitable that West coast teams will do a lot of traveling East at some point.

But the Seahawks & Cardinals didn't play bad yesterday because they had to fly east. The Seahawks just plain suck and the Cardinals tried to prove they could run the ball (when they can't). Can't be one dimensional (or non dimensional) and beat good teams. Period.

You can spin it, but the records seem to bear out the fact it's a disadvantage. I remember the Chargers had to fly some insane miles and lost a bunch of games doing this. You realize that 1pm is 10am for them? They have to basically get up at 3am their time for the game. Of course it effects them.

I don't see why they can't be 4:15 games for teams flying 2,000+ miles. It's the same as the Giants flying to SF for a monday night game at 9pm PST. That's midnight for the Giants. You know the Giants would be flipping out, and everyone on the east would be blowing their load about how unfair it is for an east team to start a game at midnight. But it's okay for a west team to play at 10am? Come on.

It's a simple fix. The networks just don't want to hear it, they run the schedule and the NFL basically has to deal w/ it.

And as I said earlier, I can recall some Raider and 49er teams that somehow "magically" overcame this and were able to beat teams no matter where they had to play them.

This is a media-created thing that I never remember even hearing about until someone posted the horrible record that west coast teams have against the east this year. Reminds me of a few years ago when we kept getting bad weather and they suddenly started blaming everything on El Nino.

This is a media-created thing that I never remember even hearing about until someone posted the horrible record that west coast teams have against the east this year.

The gamblers were ahead of the general public on this one.

Do you still have me confused as being an Eagles fan? I'm a Seahawks fan. :(

Yeah, I know you are a Seahawks fan. Just saying don't take it personal when I attack them. Not really trying to get you upset.

I do not have any kids and I am not married. :(

I know. You're the guy at the strip club alone on thanksgiving, jerking off under your table. Please, just make sure to focus all your pathetic rage at yourself when you finally snap.

I know. You're the guy at the strip club alone on thanksgiving, jerking off under your table. Please, just make sure to focus all your pathetic rage at yourself when you finally snap.

Have you been spying on me? :(

This topic would be stupid if there weren't some underlying truth to it. The NFL seems bloated this season...a massive disparity between the good and bad teams. I'm not sure I'd count Seattle among the bad ones, though. The problem isn't that it's a poor franchise or poor location, just a coach who's outlived his era, and who maintains an unhealthy devotion to a mediocre QB in Hasslebeck. They've still had consistent success in spite of these problems, and I bet they bounce back next year under Jim Mora Jr.

If the NFL were to contract (unlikely), my votes would be for Oakland and Detroit. My local paper ran an article yesterday quoting Lions fans who think their team shouldn't be allowed to host a Thanksgiving game anymore. If they go winless, I'm inclined to agree.