Sign in to follow this  
Dallas_Empire

I am going to boycott ESPN!

ESPN is overcovering Dallas this year but it's no love affair. They're just hoping to be the first to get/create the news that the Cowboy's Train has officially derailed. The love affair was definitely last year with the Patriots "Run for Perfection" or whatever the hell that idiot network called it.

Dallas gets more coverage than any other team by far. The love affair is with the Dallas product, not necessarily hyping them as a great team -but make no mistake, give them half a reason to and they'll be all over that bandwagon. As for last year, have we forgotten all the TO/Romo/Jessica Simpson coverage last year? You can't escape it.

This quote wasn't made up. Unattributed quotes<>"made up". And it's obvious why a player would go off the record. Seeing as how it was Bradie that was named for attribution, if you know anything about journalism, it's probably very likely that he was also the source for this, but whatever - it was a TEAMMATE that said that. - And it's pretty focking obvious. I don't think anybody wouldn't say "it's always something with him". If you're denying that, you're delusional.

"He's my my my Quarterback!! SOB!!" :rolleyes:

The guy that posted that quote said that Bradie James said it. Which was made up. We don't know that. :unsure:

I just love how the whole story has only "sources close to the Cowboys" ect. When actual players have come out (like Crayton) and refuted the stroy as being wholly misleading.

For the record (not that Dallas or KSB are going to want to hear this - or even acknowledge it)

Passes Targeted to:

Terrel Owens: 113*

Jason Witten: 95

- Which is what makes this so moronic. I emailed Ed Werder on the same thing, he completely wiffed on the article. The story is about TARGETS NOT RECEPTIONS!! If that dumbass wouldn't miss half his focking catches, he'd be blowing the doors off of every one else on the team.

Which makes him one of the most targeted recievers in the focking league

When actual players have come out (like Crayton) and refuted the stroy as being wholly misleading.

Link??

That doesn't sound like he has a problem with Romo and thinks Witten gets the ball too much? :rolleyes:

T.O. prolly is a little upset. Maybe he thinks Romo and Witten are buddy buddy. (They do take trips together and double date). But that doesn't change the fact that the story was blown way out of proportion and facts were construed to make it sound bigger than it apparently was. :unsure:

The guy that posted that quote said that Bradie James said it. Which was made up. We don't know that. :unsure:

I just love how the whole story has only "sources close to the Cowboys" ect. When actual players have come out (like Crayton) and refuted the stroy as being wholly misleading.

All Crayton said was they met with Garrett individually and not together. Doesn't really change much.

Unless he said more I haven't seen. Link? :rolleyes:

James isn't quoted as saying that.........just a "current Cowboy" James only was quoted with

Cleaned up since his name is attached but you can tell there are problems....

yeah good catch. I misread **eats crow**

These quotes might not be able to be confirmed or denied. But in 99% of peoples eyes (including most Cowboys fans) these rumors have some truth to them just because of the association of the guilty party. I don't see how this general feeling can be denied. Its way beyond skepticism now. Jussayin

Dallas gets more coverage than any other team by far. The love affair is with the Dallas product, not necessarily hyping them as a great team -but make no mistake, give them half a reason to and they'll be all over that bandwagon. As for last year, have we forgotten all the TO/Romo/Jessica Simpson coverage last year? You can't escape it.

Part of the Romo/Jessica thing is their own doing.

Great bit this morning on Mike and Mike about that.

They put themselves out there and talk about it...she shows up in her little pink Romo jersey and so on.

They mentioned the women Jeter dated in that huge market...and they did not get near the publicity because Jeter was not out talking about it nor were any of the women.

Hell, look at Brady, how much do you hear about him and his women? Not much. Because they are not taking themselves public and making a big deal of it like Romo and Simpson have.

They put themselves out there and talk about it...she shows up in her little pink Romo jersey and so on.

They mentioned the women Jeter dated in that huge market...and they did not get near the publicity because Jeter was not out talking about it nor were any of the women.

Hell, look at Brady, how much do you hear about him and his women? Not much. Because they are not taking themselves public and making a big deal of it like Romo and Simpson have.

I agree, but we all know this is exactly what Jerry Jones wants. Most teams see this sort of thing as a distraction. You think a football guy like Bill Parcells would consider letting the Hard Knocks crew cover his team? Of course not. But that's not how they run things in Dallas. They welcome the attention -they invite it.

Exactly right.

The majority of Cowboy players want to be big stars.

Romo is trying to market himself as football's version of Brad Pitt. The pretty-boy smile when he knows the camera is on him during games is sickening. It's like he's at an audition. Jones purposely signs media darlings like Owens and Pacman in hoped of pushing his beloved-Cowboys further into the spotlight.

Unfortunately, you don't get to pick and choose the media coverage.

Yeah, I heard that too. Basically, it's Simpson's ###### Dad who is trying to wring as much publicity for his no talent moron daughter as possible.

Exactly right.

The majority of Cowboy players want to be big stars.

Romo is trying to market himself as football's version of Brad Pitt. The pretty-boy smile when he knows the camera is on him during games is sickening. It's like he's at an audition. Jones purposely signs media darlings like Owens and Pacman in hoped of pushing his beloved-Cowboys further into the spotlight.

Unfortunately, you don't get to pick and choose the media coverage.

I disagree about Romo. Yes, his gf's dad is trying to get as much attention as possible for his daughter (see above), but as I understand it, that's one of the biggest problems. Romo doesn't want the press in his bidness and Daddy Simpson keeps dragging them into it.

Now, T.O.? Yeah, he's just like Ocho Stinko. He craves the attention, but then when he doesn't want it, he all "why do you guys always pick on me?" And that's where you're absolutely right about picking and choosing.

Yeah, I heard that too. Basically, it's Simpson's ###### Dad who is trying to wring as much publicity for his no talent moron daughter as possible.

If Romo ever gives her a ring and goes through with it, we know he's stupid. If they end up breaking it off before any vows, we know he's a genius.

Jerry Jones, Tony Romo, TO and some of the other Cowboys problem in one sentence: "They're all more concerned with being in the spotlight than being in the endzone."

Jerry Jones, Tony Romo, TO and some of the other Cowboys problem in one sentence: "They're all more concerned with being in the spotlight than being in the endzone."

:headbanger:

I'm not completely sold on Romo fitting with those other 2. I don't notice him thriving on the attention like Jerry or TO. Actually, I think he'd probably could be better on a different team.

Jerry Jones problem in one sentence: "They're all more concerned with being in the spotlight than being in the endzone."

:headbanger:

Patrick Crayton refuted reports that the receivers met as a group with Jason Garrett on 105.3 The Fan's Ben and Skin Show.

"We had no meeting of any such today, at all," Crayton said. "We all did individually

Okay, that's a long way from what you've been trying to sell. It's a far cry from "denied anything happened". The fact that they whined so much that Garrett had to call each one of them in to talk is the key - not whether 3 of them met as a group or 3 of them each had one meeting with the coach. In fact, that's probably even worse. They've got a huge game coming up and Garrett has to take time out of game prep to mollycoddle his charges? Damn.

Report: Cowboys WRs gripe about Romo

Romo

Updating a previous item, the top three Cowboys wideouts reportedly held a meeting with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett regarding their role vs. Jason Witten's role in the offense.

We guess that's not T.O's quarterback anymore. The wide receivers honestly believe Romo favors Jason Witten because they are buddies. NFL Network's Deion Sanders, a confidant of T.O., suggested the complaints were coming from Patrick Crayton and Roy E. Williams. Maybe Owens is rubbing off. Wade Phillips is attempting to downplay the conflict, but this is a childish distraction the Cowboys don't need in a crucial week. Dec. 11 - 10:00 pm et

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

guess its not just ESPN :shocking:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :bandana:

dallas fans are just like yankee fans!! :thumbsdown: they cry because all the money they spend does nothing :cry: so stop bitching because people are reporting story of your cry baby receiver who needs to shut his mouth and play football.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3764732

Dallas defensive back Terence Newman told ESPN's "First Take" on Friday that reports of a rift are blown out of proportion. Newman said that Owens hadn't said a bad word to anyone

Newman said that offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has an open-door policy and both Romo and Witten, along with wide receiver Patrick Crayton, had been in to talk to their coach
- There was no "special meeting" called. Players talking with Garrett like that is common place.

The comments come a day after a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates told ESPN that Owens thinks Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.
- Oh geez. That could be the ball boy at practice, or the vending machine guy. :oldrolleyes:

Witten appeared Thursday afternoon on ESPN Radio 1050 in New York.

"Tony and I have been friends for a long time, way before either one of us were playing that much," Witten said. "I don't think we're drawing up many plays together to be completely honest, but I don't think Terrell feels that way. I think he knows he's a playmaker, and we try to go to him, and we have other guys we try to get the ball, too."

Jones is more concerned about selling the brand and less concerned about winning a SB. Azzes need to fill those seats in that high priced stadium.

Screw The Cowboys and football. I'm more worried about the kids and women in whatever Texas area Pimp/Empire resides in after Dallas is out of the Superbowl race.

I've had enough of listening to BSPN. All they ever do is hate on the Cowboys and come up with at least 1 new fraud story every week. I've had enough of it. I am not going to watch EPSN ANYMORE this NFL season. Not even MNF. I've had enough!

youll boycott espn the same way you boycott this place after the cowboys go 1 and out in the playoffs...happens every year.....

tampa..phily..wash...those are the 3 best teams that dallas beat this year....

the cowboys are frauds......if they werent thugs and hooligans..no one would care.....

why arent you embarrassed about your team? or are you quietly scouting for a new team to latch on come playoff time?

i think youll be boycotted also....we'll have to wait and see on that one :thumbsup:

Cool. Check this rumor/speculation/update from PFT....

WAS WITTEN WERDER’S SOURCE?

Posted by Mike Florio on December 12, 2008, 5:09 p.m.

As it turns out, Terrell Owens’ suspicions regarding teammate Jason Witten might have been on the mark.

The talk in the Cowboys locker room is that Witten was one of the sources for Ed Werder’s recent ESPN item, which has sparked a firestorm within the organization.

Per a league source, center Andre Gurode and receiver Roy Williams called out Witten in a team meeting regarding their belief that he has been talking out of school to Werder, accusing Witten and/or his agent of feeding the information to Werder — as the song “Back Stabbers” played in the background.

According to our source (and it pains us to type this), Owens isn’t as bad as he’s made out to be in the media (i.e., by ESPN).

“Ed Werder didn’t make anything up,” the source said. “Witten or his agent gave the story.”

And here’s where it gets really interesting. Witten’s agent is Jimmy Sexton. And Sexton represents — you guessed it — former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells.

Parcells wanted no part of Owens, and presumably Parcells would love nothing more than to see the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs in the same year that Parcells is in the process of propelling the previously 1-15 Fins toward the postseason.

We’re not saying that Tuna has his finger in this one, after all he’s not the kind of guy who’d stick his nose in business that doesn’t pertain to him. We’re just pointing out the straight line from Witten to Sexton to Parcells, who by the way drafted Witten in 2003, the same year that Parcells signed Romo as an undrafted free agent.

So focking what if T.O. whines about not getting the ball. All of the talk doesn't matter no matter how negative or positive it is. All that matters is what they do on Sunday.

youll boycott espn the same way you boycott this place after the cowboys go 1 and out in the playoffs...happens every year.....

tampa..phily..wash...those are the 3 best teams that dallas beat this year....

the cowboys are frauds......if they werent thugs and hooligans..no one would care.....

why arent you embarrassed about your team? or are you quietly scouting for a new team to latch on come playoff time?

i think youll be boycotted also....we'll have to wait and see on that one :thumbsup:

:wave: LOL you hit the nail on the head!!!

:thumbsup: LOL you hit the nail on the head!!!

or whipping up another alias... :wave:

So focking what if T.O. whines about not getting the ball. All of the talk doesn't matter no matter how negative or positive it is. All that matters is what they do on Sunday.

Normally, I'd agree with you 100%. If it were Braylon Edwards or Lee Evens, I'd chalk it up to a guy being a competitor.

This is Terrell Owens we're talking about here. The guy has a pattern and this is how his meltdowns start every time. He takes the "My quarterback is not smart enough to use me enough" route, everytime.

THAT'S why this is big news.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :thumbsup:

dallas fans are just like yankee fans!! :wave: they cry because all the money they spend does nothing ;) so stop bitching because people are reporting story of your cry baby receiver who needs to shut his mouth and play football.

You sound like in that episode of Seinfeld where the short fat bald guy is making fun of Jerry for carrying a "purse". I'm not sure if you are funny or sad.

You sound like in that episode of Seinfeld where the short fat bald guy is making fun of Jerry for carrying a "purse". I'm not sure if you are funny or sad.

how can you quote seinfeld and not even know who the short fat bald guy is???????? :wave:

both ;) :overhead:

had to throw in yankee crack because they gonna go bankrupt :thumbsup:

I'm watching Sportcenter. At the scrolling bottom they have the different headlines like usual. It went NBA.....NHL.....Heisman.....NFL.....MLB....COWBOYS....GOLF

Are you focking serious? This is so ridiculous. ESPN has turned into focking Inside Edition or US Weekly. :dunno:

Then, instead of showing highlights of actual games, or breaking down the playoff races, or talking about who is gonna win the Heisman. Guess what they do? They have sports reporters and writers on TV all day and night "speculating" about who is jealous of who on the Cowboys and what "unnamed source" said what now. Even though multiple actual named players are saying "this is overblown" over and over again. :doh:

What happened to the good ole days when MTV actually played videos and ESPN showed and talked about actual sports? :unsure:

Hey Dallas_Empire, I have a suggestion. Since it's obviously not just the media that Dallas biased, in fact this board (along with most of the rest of the world) is biased too. Any chance you could extend your boycott of ESPN to the FFToday chat board as well? :doh:

:unsure: Great way to enjoy the holidays! Like limburger chessehats... BRILLIANT :dunno:

Hey Dallas_Empire, I have a suggestion. Since it's obviously not just the media that Dallas biased, in fact this board (along with most of the rest of the world) is biased too. Any chance you could extend your boycott of ESPN to the FFToday chat board as well? :wall:

I am loved on this site. I can't let down my fans here.