Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Who is the single most important player in NFL

I think the player that is the most important to their team year in and year out is Ray Lewis.

While Ed Reed may be a better defensive player than Lewis and there is prolly some other defensive players out there that are better than Ray now, but for everything he does on the field and off, I think Lewis means more to Baltimore than any player at any position on any team. He has this attitude that we will not fail and he holds each player responsible for the teams wins and losses. On the field he tackls, covers, gets int's, sacks, fumbles.....nothing he cannot do. He's a tremendous player and leader that cannot be replaced by anyone.

IMO he is the player of the decade! Obviously Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Tomlinson and others jump out and no doubt they are all great players, but I just think the Ravens without Lewis are nothing. We already know the Pats can win without Brady. If Tomlinson is out they can still put up points. Peyton is prolly the closest comparison to what a player means to his franchise, but I give Lewis the edge.

So, whatcha got? Who do you think is the most important player in to their team in the NFL.

Tom Brady :rolleyes: ok, maybe Matt Cassell?

lol....don't forget Drew Bledsoe and Doug Flutie

Peyton Manning, and its not even close.

I don't know about saying it's not even close, but Manning is definitly high up on the list.

It's close out of Peyton and Bob Sanders. The Indy D seems like a different unit when Sanders is on the field.

I don't know about saying it's not even close, but Manning is definitly high up on the list.

In my eyes it's not. He gives them a shot every year and has been that way for a while. There are a lot of other really good players, but as far as their impact on their team's success, I see Peyton as a clear stand out here.

Being serious it's probably Manning. There is no reason the Colts should be in the playoffs this year. Bob Sanders would be pretty high up there too.

Up until last week Haynesworth would have ranked pretty high too. He probably still does

It's gotta be a long snapper. Not sure which team to go with. Might need a poll. :hyper:

Peyton Manning, and its not even close.

I have to agree. If you take Peyton Manning off the Colts, they are 5-11 at best. Even the years when they were really good, they would have probably been a one and done team without Manning.

I have to agree. If you take Peyton Manning off the Colts, they are 5-11 at best. Even the years when they were really good, they would have probably been a one and done team without Manning.

While I think Manning is a phenomenal player, there is alot of talent on the Colts and they have a very good coaching staff. I think if you take Ray Lewis off the Ravens you're looking at a 2-14 team.

While I think Manning is a phenomenal player, there is alot of talent on the Colts and they have a very good coaching staff. I think if you take Ray Lewis off the Ravens you're looking at a 2-14 team.

In the 4 games Lewis has missed since 2006, the Ravens are 3-1.

In the 4 games Lewis has missed since 2006, the Ravens are 3-1.

Super. I now throw in the towel.

Why do you only go back to 2006? In 2005 when he had a lingering injury that ended up costing him the last four games they went 6-10. How come that don't count? Are you a Buckeyes fan?!

Super. I now throw in the towell.

Why do you only go back to 2006? In 2005 when he had a lingering injury that ended up costing him the last four games they went 6-10. How come that don't count? Are you a Buckeyes fan?!

It's really much easier to just cherry-pick stats. That way you can make them say whatever you want them to. :music_guitarred:

You realize the Ravens play the Browns and Bengals twice a year, right? I'd take a Ray Lewis-less Ravens team over them any day.

I think it's Peyton for sure. I know they have talent, but I don't see Jim Sorgi leading them to the playoffs. And I know people will say "Nobody thought Matt Cassel could keep the Pats in contention either", but I think Peyton is more valuable to the Colts than Brady is to the Pats, last season included.

DeAngelo Williams carried Panthers to the playoffs this 2nd half.

Matt Forte has almost carried Bears to the playoffs this entire season.

Michael the Burner Turner has been a beast for ATL all year too.

But the number one MVP is......

Philip Rivers - he has been consistent all year and is about to carry his boys into the dance too.

Steve Young.

Best player in the history of the NFL

In my opinion Young is the best QB ever. He was smart, he could run and he was most accurate passes ever.

I think the most important player to his team is P. Manning

I would like to see some QB's switch teams. Who do you think would do the best?

What if Mcnabb was on AZ and Warner was in Philly? Would we be talking about a possible MVP for McNabb?

What if P. Manning was on N.O. and Brees was on Indy. Would Manning be trying to break Marino's record?

I think this years MVP is P. Manning followed by Brees. :thumbsdown:

Philip Rivers - he has been consistent all year and is about to carry his boys into the dance too.

Huh? SD went to the championship game a year ago. Now they have a losing record in arguably the worst divisions in football. No way in hell is Rivers the most important.

not sure you can say any one single player. but i would argue that there are a handful of teams that, without their current QBs, would suck, or be quite a bit suckier. Indy, NO, Dallas. Dallas mainly because of the HUGE dropoff to the 2nd and 3rd string.

not sure you can say any one single player. but i would argue that there are a handful of teams that, without their current QBs, would suck, or be quite a bit suckier. Indy, NO, Dallas. Dallas mainly because of the HUGE dropoff to the 2nd and 3rd string.

Can't quite agree, while I agree it's the most important offensive position, we've seen over and over back-ups come in and carry their teams. This year alone, when Tom Brady went down we all knew the Pats would be lucky to go 8-8, but yet here they are with a chance to win the division. Kurt Warner, Tom Brady and others have stepped in and did great jobs.

In no way, shape, or form do I think that Jim Sorgi could be as good as Manning, but the fact is we don't know. I would think Cassel's chances of doing well would be about the same as Sorgi. It really depends on the player. While Romo does great in the Dallas system, Bledsoe fails. Brady did great and so has Cassel, so the system isn't nearly as important as what's inside a player and that we can't judge until we see them perform.

Seems like teams are better off having an unknown as their back-up rather than a veteran. The vet is better for the young QB to learn from, but the unknown seems to excell much better.

Steve Young.

Best player in the history of the NFL

Sux, yer killin me?! How in the hell does this pertain to the topic. Not only does it not pertain to the topic, but he don't even play anymore.

I think you've been drinking too much again. lol

Aaron Rodgers' inability to win any of the 8 games his team still had a chance in by scoring on his last possession was the difference between an 5-11 year and a 13-3 year, like the team had last year.

So Aaron Rodgers is the most important QB that failed to make a difference.

without calvin johnson the lions wouldn't have won a game this year!!!!

:cheers: